• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

remix of MLKjr's I have a dream speech with life extension theme

Posted by brokenportal , 29 November 2008 · 3,999 views

A new dream

We stand in the midst of the greatest and most crucial cause ever undertaken in the history of humanity.

At the beginning of life, a great feat occurred that we owe our existence too today. Out of the long dark abyss of eternity came life. Where ever that life came from, that glorious time opened up an indescribable opportunity that we call existence.

Since that time life has come to be known as the great human race. As great as we are, as great an opportunity as we have been presented, we are still part abyss, we are like broken portals. Centuries, maybe even millennia after our arrival, we are still broken portals in an infinite ocean of potential.

In a sense we’ve come to you to undertake to fix our portals. When your imagination was sparked into reality you were given the promise of life that these broken portals cannot keep. In an attempt to keep that promise our ancestry has given us all a pass to a portal upgrade in an unconfirmable utopia. Being that these passes cannot be confirmed. These passes will not do.

But we refuse to believe gambling on these passes is the only thing we can do. We refuse to believe that we must gamble existence and indefinity. And so, we’ve come to you to gain help in working together to fix our portals ourselves, a fix that will give us sure existence and indefinity.

We have also given you this hallowed call to arms to remind the world of the furi-ous urgency of now. This is no time to engage in the luxury of procrastination or to believe that everybody else will do it, that somebody has the repairs under way. Now is the time to forge our futures. Now is the time to fix our portals, there is no other time except for the now. You will soon be dead. 100,000 people are dying every day, now is the time to start pulling our brethren from the depths of the abyss.

It is fatal to over look the urgency of the moment. The tragic past of humanities horrific mortality will not pass until every draftee is called to arms. Until every man woman and child has been freed of the reapers merciless sickle, until the might forged in the work of the world is put to the reapers throat and has slain him once and for all. The monsoon of aohelix will continue to shine as a unifying symbol until everybody unites under its banner.

There is something I must say to all our soldiers, who stand on the sunny threshold which leads into the palace of indefinity: In the process of gaining our rightful place, we must not be guilty of tragic over sight. We must be sure that all of our efforts are for the good and that no potentially tragic or terrible side effect goes uncontrolled in this work. We must rise to this challenge with urgency as well as care.

The marvelous new militancy which has engulfed the aohelix community must not lead us to a distrust of all pro aging trancists, for many of our trancist brothers, as evidenced by their presence here today, have come to realize that the universe, and not death, is their destiny. Their trances have broken, and they have come to fight with us.

We cannot walk alone.

and as we walk, we must make the pledge that we shall always march ahead.

We cannot turn back.

There are those who are asking the devotees of aohelix, “When will you be satisfied?” We can never be satisfied as long as humanity is the victim of the unspeakable horrors of agings debilitating brutality. We can never be satisfied as long as our bodies, alight with wonder cannot maintain presence in the glories of the planets of the galaxies, and the galaxies of the universe. We cannot be satisfied as long as humanities due course is from glory to a grave. We can never be satisfied as long as our children are stripped of their self hood, and robbed of their value by a grave yard with a sign stating “one way”. We cannot be satisfied as long as a person in the United States is faced with limiting confines, and a person in Africa believes there is nothing more than their limited confines with which to fight for. No, no, we are not satisfied, and we will not be satisfied until “life rolls down like waters, and aoristos like a mighty stream.”

I am not unmindful that some of you have come here out of great exhaustive efforts and mind numbingly futile memeing. Some of you have come fresh from the aging front lines. And some of you have come from areas where your quest, quest for aohelix left you battered by the strorms of ignorance and staggered by the winds of pro aging trancism. You have been the veterans of creative aging contravention. Continue to work with the knowledge that your ancestries suffering powers you and that fate is serendipitous. Go back to your labs, go back to your printers, go back to your local meetings and think tanks knowing that some how this situation can and will be changed.

Let us not wallow in the valley of despair, I say to you today, my friends.

And so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the human dream.

I have a dream that one day this world will rise up and live out the true meaning of life:

We hold the big 8 to be self evident, that nothing less than complete fulfillment is the meaning of life.

I have a dream that one day on the red sands of Mars, we children of the pioneers of destiny, and those pro aging trancists and their children will be able to sit down at the table of indefinity.

I have a dream that one day those people who would have lain prostrate for eons in grave yards will build lives upon those lands and transform them into launching pads to the dreams of the heavens.

I have a dream that my little girl will one day live in a universe where she will not be confined by the configuration of her cells but by her desire for life.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day, in the complacent homes, with their tragic pro aging trancists, with their minds convoluted with the thoughts of reincarnation and death being natural, one day right there in those homes, aohelists and ex pro aging trancists will work together for the monumental fate of humanity.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day every planet shall be explored, every one of the plethoras of technological innovation shall be created, all the big questions shall be answered and every curiosity, megalithic and small, shall be discovered. And the glory of existence shall be revealed and all of humanity shall see it together.

These are the hopes of manifest destiny that we go back to our marketing machines and our laboratories with.

With this hope, we will be able to hew out of the grave yard of despair, potential of magnificence. With this hope, we will be able to transform the jangling discords of the world into a beautiful symphony of humanity. With this hope, we will be able to meme and research together knowing that one day we will be able to pioneer planets together, to answer the big questions of life together, to live out our dreams together and see fallacy eliminated together one day.

And this will be the day, this will be the day when all of humanity will be able to sing with new meaning:

My world tis of thee, sweet land of potential, of thee I sing.

Land where my fathers died, land of the pioneers pride,

From every planets side, let the big 8 inspire!

If the world is to fulfill its destiny this must become true.

and so let the big 8 inspire from the prodigious hilltops of Europe.

Let the big 8 inspire from the mighty buildings of Washington D.C.

Let the big 8 inspire from the grand palaces of the U.N.

Let the big 8 inspire from the breathtaking mountaintops of all nations,

But not only that:

Let the big 8 inspire to the meticulous research labs of Nasa.

Let the big 8 inspire to the snow capped mountains of distant planets.

Let the big 8 inspire to the dark matter near the center of the galaxy,

Let the big 8 inspire to the corners of this perplexing existence.

From every particle of existence let the big 8 inspire.

And when this happens, when we allow the big 8 to inspire, when we let it inspire from every village and every hamlet, from every country and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of humanity, poor men and rich men, jews and gentiles, agnostics and theists, will be able to join hands and realize the quest of life:

The meaning of life! The meaning of life!

Thank existence, we have been fulfilled with the meaning of life!

Raistlin Majere King Jr.

I really like the analogies of broken portals that you use. ;) Damn I really hope that I can live to go to another planet...would be fun. ;)

Trackbacks for this entry [ Trackback URL ]

There are no Trackbacks for this entry

March 2024

S M T W T F S
24252627 28 2930

Recent Comments

Twitter