Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

choline vs. cdp-choline

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dademurphy

• 7 posts

Posted 22 August 2003 - 02:08 AM

I'm going to supplement some form of choline with the piracetam I'll be getting soon.
Is there a substantial difference between choline bitartrate and cdp-choline? (Enough
to warrant the price difference?)

Secondly I've seen choline bitartrate mixed with insitol is there any advantage to this?

Edited by dademurphy, 22 August 2003 - 02:35 AM.

#2 shpongled

• 176 posts

Posted 22 August 2003 - 04:41 AM

I'm going to supplement some form of choline with the piracetam I'll be getting soon. 
Is there a substantial difference between choline bitartrate and cdp-choline?  (Enough
to warrant the price difference?)

Secondly I've seen choline bitartrate mixed with insitol is there any advantage to this?

It depends on how much money you have. I don't really view CDP-choline as a source of choline but rather another nootropic. It is on the more expensive side even for nootropics though. And if you're going to use one or the other alpha-GPC is superior to CDP choline IMO.

I would assume that there is an advantage to using choline + inositol but I don't really know much about inositol. You may want to take a tablespoon or two of lecithin daily as well, it contains more bioavailable and longer-lasting choline as well as inositol.

David Tolson

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 08 October 2003 - 02:34 AM

There are many choline donors to make Acetylcholine, they are rated on their ability to convert into Acetylcholine in the brain. From weakest to strongest (more or less):

PhosphatidylCholine
Choline (As bitartrate, Chloride, and Citrate)
DMAE
CDP-Choline
Alpha-GPC

I usually recommend CDP-Choline, due to the large amount of studies conducted on it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users