3 replies to this topic

#1 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 05:35 AM

Anyone tried sublingual delivery?

#2 VP.

• 498 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 05:44 AM

Yes. With Paul's 99% resveratrol. It just formed a lump under the tongue and after about 20 minutes I just swallowed the pasty resveratrol. Unsure how much was absorbed.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 maxhealthback

• 29 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 10:11 AM

The problem with sub-lingual delivery is that resveratrol is only soluble in oil (moderately) and solvents such as ethanol. You need to combine the resveratrol with a carrier such as an edible oil/emulsifier combination or a solvent such as DMSO or alcohol to obtain a significant degree of adsorption. Furthermore the problem with a solvent or oil is compounded by the fact that the quantity of the carrier needed to dissolve a meaningful amount of resveratrol would not be practical to use in a sub-lingual delivery modality.

There are other ways to enhance bio availability and we are currently working on a few. These systems involve taking the particle size down to about 5 microns, dermal patches, botanical additives, lipid particle coatings and one proprietary system that I am not free to discuss here.

In the meantime taking resveratrol after consuming an oily food heps with bio availability. This is not because the resveratrol is dissolved in the oil but because the oil stimulates bile production in your your liver and delivery of this emulsifier to your stomach by the gall bladder. Taking resveratrol in the morning after breakfast may also help since bile levels are highest upon waking and tend to diminish towards evening. James at Biotivia Ltd.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 malbecman

• 733 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 07:44 PM

Right, I had a similar experience with another 99% prep although mine did seem to dissolve/absorb/distribute around my mouth after 10-15 minutes. Taking it w/ some lecithin seemed to help a bit but is kind of slippery and greasy feeling. It's hard to get 500-1000 mgs of anything to absorb in your mouth, except maybe sugar!

Yes. With Paul's 99% resveratrol. It just formed a lump under the tongue and after about 20 minutes I just swallowed the pasty resveratrol. Unsure how much was absorbed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users