42 replies to this topic

#1 shbrookfield

• 9 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 02:19 AM

does anybody know of what he takes?

#2 spaceistheplace

• 397 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 02:24 AM

i don't know but i seem to remember a video where he said that he took around 250 supplements daily.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#3 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 04:15 AM

http://www.amazon.co...93112885&sr=8-3

This will help you out some.
  • dislike x 1

#4 kenj

• 747 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 05:25 PM

I wonder if he indeed does take 250 supplements/day. Maybe they're not pills only, IIRC he does IV therapy, but still, - taking some 200 pills every day: that's like 70-80.000 a year! I can understand the broad spectrum approach, but I'm thinking all these pills might actually irritate the intestinal lining;

following a stomach bug, my supplements would irritate my stomach, and provoke loose bowels for several days, - I'm still not fully recovered, even probiotic pills would cause pain :-/, and I'm doin' a "damage control" of very few sups + yogurt for breakfast, at the moment. Oh, the adventure.

#5 s123

• Director
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 08:26 PM

From his book:

"I take about 250 pills of nutritionals a day".
"For boosting antioxidant levels and for general health, I take a comprehensive vitamin-and-mineral combination, alpha lipoic acid, coenzyme Q10, grapeseed extract, resveratrol, bilberry extract, lycopene, silymarine (milk thistle), conjugated linoleic acid, lecithin, evening primerose oil (omega-6 essential fatty acids), n-acetyl-cystein, ginger, garlic, l-carnitine, pyrodoxal-5-phosphate, and echinacea. I also take Chinese herbs prescribed by Dr. Glenn Rothfeld. For reducing insulin resistance and overcoming my type 2 diabetes, I take chromium, metformine (a powerful anti-aging medication that decreases insulin resistence and which we recommend everyone over 50 consider taking) and gymnema sylvestra. To improve LDL and HDL cholesterol levels, I take policosanol, gugulipid, plant sterols, niacin, oat bran, grapefruit powder, psyllium, lecithine and lipitor. To improve blood vessel health I take arginine, TMG and choline. To decrease blood viscosity I take daily baby aspirin and lumbrokinase. I reduce inflammination by taking EPA/DHA and curcumin. I have dramatically reduced my homocystein level by taking folic acid, B6 and TMG. I have a B12 shot once a week and take a daily B12 sublingual. Several of my intravenous therapies improve my body's detoxification: weekly EDTA and monthly DMPS. I also take n-acetyl-carnitine orally. I take weekly intravenous vitamins and alpha lipoic acid to boost antioxidants. I do a weekly glutathione IV to boost liver health. Perhaps the most important intravenous therapy I do is a weekly phosphatidylcholine IV, wich rejuvenates all of the body's tissues by restoring youthful cell membranes. I also take PtC orally each day and supplement my hormone levels with DHEA and testosterone. I take I-3-C, chrysin, nettle, ginger and herbs to reduce the conversation of testosterone into estrogen. I take a saw palmetto complex for prostate health. For stress management I take l-theonine, beta-sitosterol, phosphatidylserine and green tea in addition to drinking 8 to 10 cups of green tea itself. At bedtime I take GABA and sublingual melatonin. For brain health I take acetyl-l-carnitine, vinprocetine, phosphatidylserine, ginkgo biloba, glycerylphosphatidylcholine, nextrutine and quercertin. For eye health I take lutein and bilberry extract. For skin health I use an antioxidant skin cream on my face, neck and hands every day. For digestive health I take betaine HCl, pepsin, gentian root, peppermint, acidophilus bifodobacter, fructooligosaccharides, fish proteins, l-glutamine and n-acetyl-d-glucosamine. To inhibit the creation of advanced glycolysated end products I take n-acetyl-carnitine, carnosine, alpha lipoic acid and quercertin."
  • like x 1

#6 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 08:29 PM

I also take PtC orally each day and supplement my hormone levels with DHEA and testosterone.

Can a person buy testosterone without a prescription?

#7 Shepard

• 6,360 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 09:46 PM

Not legally.
  • like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#8 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 10:25 PM

Not legally.

Probably depends on the country.

#9 Shepard

• 6,360 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 11:36 PM

I don't know. I was just answering directly to Mind since he lives in the U.S.

#10 liorrh

• Guest, F@H
  • 388 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 09:38 AM

its very easy to get a prescription for T in the US if you're old enough

#11 neuroenhanced

• 63 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 08:09 AM

Piracetam (1)

(1)

#12 neue regel

• 59 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 12:57 PM

From his book:

"I take about 250 pills of nutritionals a day".
"For boosting antioxidant levels and for general health, I take a comprehensive vitamin-and-mineral combination, alpha lipoic acid, coenzyme Q10, grapeseed extract, resveratrol, bilberry extract, lycopene, silymarine (milk thistle), conjugated linoleic acid, lecithin, evening primerose oil (omega-6 essential fatty acids), n-acetyl-cystein, ginger, garlic, l-carnitine, pyrodoxal-5-phosphate, and echinacea. I also take Chinese herbs prescribed by Dr. Glenn Rothfeld. For reducing insulin resistance and overcoming my type 2 diabetes, I take chromium, metformine (a powerful anti-aging medication that decreases insulin resistence and which we recommend everyone over 50 consider taking) and gymnema sylvestra. To improve LDL and HDL cholesterol levels, I take policosanol, gugulipid, plant sterols, niacin, oat bran, grapefruit powder, psyllium, lecithine and lipitor. To improve blood vessel health I take arginine, TMG and choline. To decrease blood viscosity I take daily baby aspirin and lumbrokinase. I reduce inflammination by taking EPA/DHA and curcumin. I have dramatically reduced my homocystein level by taking folic acid, B6 and TMG. I have a B12 shot once a week and take a daily B12 sublingual. Several of my intravenous therapies improve my body's detoxification: weekly EDTA and monthly DMPS. I also take n-acetyl-carnitine orally. I take weekly intravenous vitamins and alpha lipoic acid to boost antioxidants. I do a weekly glutathione IV to boost liver health. Perhaps the most important intravenous therapy I do is a weekly phosphatidylcholine IV, wich rejuvenates all of the body's tissues by restoring youthful cell membranes. I also take PtC orally each day and supplement my hormone levels with DHEA and testosterone. I take I-3-C, chrysin, nettle, ginger and herbs to reduce the conversation of testosterone into estrogen. I take a saw palmetto complex for prostate health. For stress management I take l-theonine, beta-sitosterol, phosphatidylserine and green tea in addition to drinking 8 to 10 cups of green tea itself. At bedtime I take GABA and sublingual melatonin. For brain health I take acetyl-l-carnitine, vinprocetine, phosphatidylserine, ginkgo biloba, glycerylphosphatidylcholine, nextrutine and quercertin. For eye health I take lutein and bilberry extract. For skin health I use an antioxidant skin cream on my face, neck and hands every day. For digestive health I take betaine HCl, pepsin, gentian root, peppermint, acidophilus bifodobacter, fructooligosaccharides, fish proteins, l-glutamine and n-acetyl-d-glucosamine. To inhibit the creation of advanced glycolysated end products I take n-acetyl-carnitine, carnosine, alpha lipoic acid and quercertin."

That's a great deal. [wis]
I wonder if his stomach and liver can metabolise all these stuff.

#13 Shepard

• 6,360 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 12:58 PM

Piracetam (1)

(1)

It's also comforting knowing the business you give your money to gives out your name publicly.

#14 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 03:01 AM

It's also comforting knowing the business you give your money to gives out your name publicly.

Jeez, that's kind of creepy. I know there's some smart guys that frequent M&M, but damn, that whole bodybuilding world just reeks of sleazy products.

#15 neuroenhanced

• 63 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 07:18 AM

Piracetam (1)

(1)

When your a public figure it happens.

#16 stayin_alive

• 84 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 09:41 PM

Link is broken... it'd be nice to know what is being said and by who over there at M&M..

#17 stayin_alive

• 84 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 05:04 PM

Alright I found the copy/paste/scan on M&M. I then went out and bought a copy of the book. The concept of Blood PH seems interesting.

On the one hand the guy is considered, cuting edge and quite intelligent, on the other hand, people (lay to proffesionals) absolutely dismisses his take on ph.

Being a layman, I'm somewhat perplexed by this. Anyway for a non chemist non scientist to know what's going on here? Any really good threads or info areas one might review (I know there are many threads and sites which address the issue, but I'd prefer to not look for that needle in the infohighway stack, if someone already has that needle...)

#18 Shepard

• 6,360 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 05:18 PM

On the one hand the guy is considered, cuting edge and quite intelligent, on the other hand, people (lay to proffesionals) absolutely dismisses his take on ph.

Don't make the mistake of assuming excellence in one area means excellence in all areas (people quoting Einstein for every damn argument and topic under the sun). It's easy to for a lot of people (myself included at one point) to make the mistake of just looking at studies and piling on things to a regimen without really appreciating the complexity of the human body (see systems biology).

#19 s123

• Director
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 05:35 PM

Alright I found the copy/paste/scan on M&M. I then went out and bought a copy of the book. The concept of Blood PH seems interesting.

Being a layman, I'm somewhat perplexed by this. Anyway for a non chemist non scientist to know what's going on here? Any really good threads or info areas one might review (I know there are many threads and sites which address the issue, but I'd prefer to not look for that needle in the infohighway stack, if someone already has that needle...)

Actually it's pH and not ph that's because the p stands for -log and H stands for hydrogen.
His idea about pH is the only thing in his book that I don't believe.
Your blood is a buffer and if you eat acids this buffer will neutralise them. Buffers are really strong it takes acids like hydrogen chloride or sulphuric acid in high concentration to destroy them. In your GI there's also a basic solution present that neutralize acids.
His idea about turning water in an alkalise form is not possible because of the fact that you would create a charged liquid and that's not possible. It’s even dangerous to do because you will conduct an electrolyses if you put electric current into water. The electrolyse will create small amounts of sodium hypochlorite (bleach).

#20 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 05:38 PM

Anyone care to speculate on the approximate cost of Kurzweil's regimen. Daily? Monthly?

#21 s123

• Director
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 06:00 PM

Anyone care to speculate on the approximate cost of Kurzweil's regimen. Daily? Monthly?

Very very expensive. I know that chelating therapy isn't cheap. I looked it up and in one hospital they ask 45 euro for the first consult, 610 euro for the first test and 125 euro per infuse. That's only the EDTA that he takes every week. I think something like 250 euro or more a week.

#22 shbrookfield

• Topic Starter
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 11:08 PM

you could pull it off at around 350 a month for his supplement regimen. not the quality grade supps he uses prob but formidable

#23 gavrilov

• 341 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 05:59 PM

Dear All,

I am pleased to invite you to a new discussion of the book by Ray Kurzweil:

Fantastic Voyage: Live Long Enough to Live Forever
by Ray Kurzweil and Terry Grossman, 2005
http://tinyurl.com/2nb6av

Please join our ongoing book discussion here:

"New Books on Aging and Longevity (Discussion Forum)"
http://www.facebook....?gid=8126691324

Kind regards,

#24 forever freedom

• 2,362 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 05:28 AM

you could pull it off at around 350 a month for his supplement regimen. not the quality grade supps he uses prob but formidable

350 a MONTH only?? It's probably much, much more than that.

But if i (better to state "when i") had/have the money i would/will probablpy also do some sort of hardcore supplement regimen like ray's. Although i'm still young, i guess the sooner i start, the better.

Edited by sam988, 23 February 2008 - 05:32 AM.

#25 s123

• Director
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 10:57 PM

But if i (better to state "when i") had/have the money i would/will probablpy also do some sort of hardcore supplement regimen like ray's. Although i'm still young, i guess the sooner i start, the better.

I take 11 pills and 4 kinds of powder a day and pay around 130$ a month. He takes 250 pills a day and undergoes intravenous chelating therapy every week with EDTA and injections with vitamins (like B12).

Edited by s123, 23 February 2008 - 10:59 PM.

#26 forever freedom

• 2,362 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 09:49 PM

I take 11 pills and 4 kinds of powder a day and pay around 130$ a month. He takes 250 pills a day and undergoes intravenous chelating therapy every week with EDTA and injections with vitamins (like B12).

You're ratifying my post, right? His regimen + therapies certainly don't cost less than some thousands of bucks a month.

Edited by sam988, 24 February 2008 - 09:49 PM.

#27 lunarsolarpower

• 1,323 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 11:17 PM

His regimen + therapies certainly don't cost less than some thousands of bucks a month.

Plus you have to include the cost of tests and blood work he seems to have done quite often. Perhaps he uses these services so much he gets a volume discount?

#28 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 04:05 PM

did someone say tree fiddy?

God DAMN lockness monster! Get off my lawn!
  • dislike x 1
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • like x 1

#29 Ghostrider

• 1,996 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:47 PM

His regimen + therapies certainly don't cost less than some thousands of bucks a month.

Plus you have to include the cost of tests and blood work he seems to have done quite often. Perhaps he uses these services so much he gets a volume discount?

Yeah, he's using a ton of stuff...I guess though, given only one life and the fact that money means nothing after life...I would do/maybe I should be doing? the same.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#30 erzebet

• 195 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 03:28 PM

Is Ray Kurzweil signed for cryonics?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users