Photo
- - - - -

False Positive on Nicotine test?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 HappyGuy

• 1 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 04:48 PM

I have been taking Resveratrol for the last 6 months and just recently failed a urine nicotine test as part of a life insurance application. I did not smoke anything and was not in a smoky environment anytime before this test. Is there any possibility it was the Resveratrol? The only other supplements I take are Cod Liver oil and a probiotic pill.

If it wasn't the resveratrol does anyone have any idea what could have caused a false positive? The only medication i take is allegra and pepcid.

Thanks!

#2 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:08 PM

I have been taking Resveratrol for the last 6 months and just recently failed a urine nicotine test as part of a life insurance application. I did not smoke anything and was not in a smoky environment anytime before this test. Is there any possibility it was the Resveratrol? The only other supplements I take are Cod Liver oil and a probiotic pill.

If it wasn't the resveratrol does anyone have any idea what could have caused a false positive? The only medication i take is allegra and pepcid.

Thanks!

Only thing I know that could definitely cause a false positive is second-hand smoke. It is conceivable if you are taking 50% resveratrol that the emodin, or physcion and other substances could cause a false positive, though I know of no study showing this can happen. You can demand another test, claiming i was a false positive, though if you are unsure what caused it you might get another false positive. There are home test kits available if you want to experiment.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users