William O'Rights

• Please log in to reply
401 replies to this topic

#1 thefirstimmortal

• Life Member The First Immortal
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:13 PM

POSTED UNDER THREAT OF CENSORSHIP.

For over 2 decades I have been a practicing life extensionist. My main interest has been using vitamins to slow aging. For the majority of my life I have swallowed over 150 pills a day, and felt great. This is what my refrigerator looked like until Jan 6, 2005. The only person that I know of who took more pills than I, would be Ray Kurzweil. Last I know he was taking about 250 a day. Oh, I'm sure others out there are taking in excess of 150 a day, but Ray was the only one I knew of.
As a dedicated practicing life extensionist, I can tell you that holiday mealtime with relatives was interesting, and dining out more so. Waitresses and other patrons often thought I must have aides or something, why else would someone swallow a fistful of vity's like that.
I took pills to prevent cancer, keep my hormones up, manage pain, intelligence enhancing products, you name it, I ate it.

Attached Thumbnails

• House_Pics__The_Cave__Kitchen_001.jpeg

Edited by thefirstimmortal, 08 July 2008 - 10:34 PM.

#2 wayside

• 344 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:09 PM

This is what my refrigerator looked like until Jan 6, 2005.

Ok, I'll bite.

What happened after Jan 6, 2005?

sponsored ad

• Advert

#3 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:32 PM

POSTED UNDER THREAT OF CENSORSHIP.
I got arrested for possession of Marijuana and spent the next 3 ½ years in jail.

I started this thread in the Freedom of Speech Forum, but as it doesn’t show up in the active topics lists I reposted it here. It gets more eyeballs here, so until such a time that the issue on that matter gets resolved, I would appreciate it everyone would stay away from their Censor buttons.

This is what my refrigerator looked like until Jan 6, 2005.

Ok, I'll bite.

What happened after Jan 6, 2005?

#4 DJS

• 5,798 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 July 2008 - 11:46 PM

I took pills to prevent cancer, keep my hormones up, manage pain, intelligence enhancing products, you name it, I ate it.

And now you have aggressive cancer! This makes me even more hesitant to take a smorgasbord of supplements. My opinion is that our level of ignorance when it comes to metabolism and the vast network of cause&effect should instill in us a sense of caution regarding supplementation.

Every day I take a multivitamin and some fish oil. That's it, that's my entire regiment.

Edited by Technosophy, 08 July 2008 - 11:47 PM.

#5 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 03:20 AM

I entered jail a very healthy individual. Had my annual cancer screening months before my arrest, I was clean, perfect health. Two years of no vitamins, (well I took the jail multi-v’s that had iron in it) and I get one of the most aggressive types of lung cancer out there.
In the hospital I got onto the computer and downloaded info and started a vity routine. That routine reduced the mass to about 1cm, and the doctors were double testing to make sure that it was correct. They were not expecting that kind of reduction, I was, I knew what I was doing, and I didn’t even have the coin to mount a full attack. But I ran out of money and vitys on my way out the door. The doctors are now surprised that it has reversed so quickly and thoroughly.
I’m leaving some details out here, so I’ll go into more detail in the near future. Like all the symptoms that I had, what I used to combat it. Like for example, cancer was eating my leg bone and arm. They wanted to rod my leg, I refused and started taking Life Extension’s Bone Restore. In short order my leg was fine. Mystery to the doctors, not to me. I’ll cover all the other things at some point, but one big point I want to make is that I firmly believe that if I had not stopped taking all the vity’s in the first place, I would be 100% cancer free today.

And now you have aggressive cancer! This makes me even more hesitant to take a smorgasbord of supplements. My opinion is that our level of ignorance when it comes to metabolism and the vast network of cause&effect should instill in us a sense of caution regarding supplementation.

Every day I take a multivitamin and some fish oil. That's it, that's my entire regiment.

#6 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 04:00 AM

the aggressiveness of the cancer can sometimes be related to a healthy robust vascular system. All you need is for a group of cells to becomes cancerous and boom. It taps into the circulation and spreads quickly. A good example of this is the angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) insertion/deletion polymorphism. The double insertion (I;I) favours a robust cardiovascular system and increased cell survival in vitro. The double deletion (D;D) is not so lucky. The D;D phenotype has higher blood pressure, higher heart rate and higher risk of CVD with decreased cell survival in vitro. The number of the D;D genotype found in the older population is greater than the I;I phenotype and this is thought to be due to risk of dying from cancer for the above mentioned reasons.

#7 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 04:46 AM

Dam, you kids here are smart. And your getting ahead of my story, I’m having problems keeping up.

Your correct Zoolander, all tumors have a few things in common, they all power off of glucose and they all need fast new blood vessel growth in order to thrive. Neovascularization or angiogenesis (new blood vessel growth) is crucial for tumor mass expansion and metastasis. Tumors cannot grow beyond the size of a pinhead without inducing the formation of new blood vessels to supply the nutritional needs of the tumor. Since rapid vascularization and tumor growth occur together, interrupting the vascular growth cycle was and is paramount to overcoming cancer.

I found that some cancer patients had experienced dramatic regression of their tumors from antiangiogenic therapy. I found that more than 4 billion has been invested in the research and development of angiogenesis based medicines, making this one of the most heavily funded areas of cancer research in history. A massive wave of drugs in clinical tails is in the pipeline, with heavyweights like Genentech, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Amgen, Roche, Bayer, Pfizer and Millennium all lining up to advance these drugs.
But, we’ll get to that shortly.

the aggressiveness of the cancer can sometimes be related to a healthy robust vascular system. All you need is for a group of cells to becomes cancerous and boom. It taps into the circulation and spreads quickly. A good example of this is the angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) insertion/deletion polymorphism. The double insertion (I;I) favours a robust cardiovascular system and increased cell survival in vitro. The double deletion (D;D) is not so lucky. The D;D phenotype has higher blood pressure, higher heart rate and higher risk of CVD with decreased cell survival in vitro. The number of the D;D genotype found in the older population is greater than the I;I phenotype and this is thought to be due to risk of dying from cancer for the above mentioned reasons.

#8 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 04:58 AM

Wells Maine, June 7, 9:00pm 1996.
After the last rays of sunlight fall behind the horizon I had my near fatal motorcycle accident. If I believed in miracles I would probably say surviving it was nothing short of miraculous. It seems strange now, I don't give much conscious thought to the fact that I have survived a near fatal crash. It's wonderful being young and stupid. Life's eternal. Why shouldn't I survive a bike crash.

The pictures that follow this post are of a graphic nature that one may not wish to see.

Attached Thumbnails

• Bike__BLTBYME___004_Accident.jpeg

#9 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 05:17 AM

On June 7 1996 at 9:30 while driving my motorcycle on I-95 on my way to Old Orchard Beach I lost control of my motorcycle and at speeds unknown crashed sideways into a guardrail. I tumbled for quite some distance until I came to a stop. At first I could not breath, but I've had the wind knocked out of me before so I was not immediately concerned. I did not move for about 30 seconds until my lungs started working again, and during these 30 seconds I felt as though I had broken my ribs. As soon as I was breathing again, I ran the back of my hand up my spine; I didn't feel any ribs sticking out. Good so far I thought, time to get up dust myself off and hope my bike wasn't smashed so bad that I couldn't ride it.

But I would soon learn that I wasn't going to get up. My broken spinal column prevented me from using my left leg, and I looked down at my legs, my right leg had been snapped nearly off by the impact with the guardrail, the only thing holding it to my body was the inside leg muscle and it was 270 degrees twisted around. I was immediately now horrified, I knew time was of the essence, and not knowing that a motorist who had a cell phone had called 911, I tried to make it back up the hill to the shoulder of the highway.

The first thing I did was to struggle with my leg, twisting it back around. Then with both arms I placed my torso on my left side up on my elbow, I then grabbed my right leg and tried to drag it with me up the hill. I struggled about 25 feet, but I was losing so much blood that I was too weak to continue. I thought to my self, I didn't know if cryonics would work, but I was about to find out.

Then off in the distance sirens started to wail, and 2 or 3 minutes later an ambulance and several Maine State Troopers appeared on the scene. My only words for the paramedics was "save my leg", my heart and breathing stopped just prior to my ride.

Attached Thumbnails

• Bike__BLTBYME___001_Accident.jpeg

#10 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 05:25 AM

I spent the next 52 hours in a trauma unit where doctors worked on various parts of my body. In addition to crushing 2 parts of my spinal column and destroying my leg, my hip and pelvic area were also shattered.

Sixty two hours later I would regain consciousness in the intensive care unit, my first order of business was to see if I still had my leg, when I looked down I couldn't tell. I was heavily sedated, it seemed surreal, I had many metal rods sticking out of my body, it looked like an exoskeleton. I moved my hand in between the rods, my leg was there, they had reattached it.

I can remember many months of unbelievable pain; I couldn't even get into a wheel chair for quite some time. My health was gone, I was in constant pain, and I could not take care of myself. Never once did I entertain the notion that throwing in the towel would be preferable to living.

Not a day goes by that I don't think about that night. Partly because of the scarring, but also partly because I can't go thru a day without feeling that night. Much of my current back pain is a constant reminder of that night. The tumor puts pressure on that area. I live with chronic pain, but more importantly, I live.

I spent the next 52 hours in a trauma unit where doctors worked on various parts of my body. In addition to crushing 2 parts of my spinal column and destroying my leg, my hip and pelvic area were also shattered.

Sixty two hours later I would regain consciousness in the intensive care unit, my first order of business was to see if I still had my leg, when I looked down I couldn't tell. I was heavily sedated, it seemed surreal, I had many metal rods sticking out of my body, it looked like an exoskeleton. I moved my hand in between the rods, my leg was there, they had reattached it.

I can remember many months of unbelievable pain; I couldn't even get into a wheel chair for quite some time. My health was gone, I was in constant pain, and I could not take care of myself. Never once did I entertain the notion that throwing in the towel would be preferable to living.

Not a day goes by that I don't think about that night. Partly because of the scarring, but also partly because I can't go thru a day without feeling that night. Much of my current back pain is a constant reminder of that night. The tumor puts pressure on that area. I live with chronic pain, but more importantly, I live.

Attached Thumbnails

• Bike__BLTBYME___003_Accident.jpeg

#11 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 03:55 PM

The first week I was in the hospital the doctors said that I might be paralyzed from the chest down, but week two rolled around and I had no problem feeling my legs. In fact, the problem was that’s all I could feel. Lotta pain.

The doctors told my Dad around week 3 that I would be in the hospital for about 4 to 6 months and following that they were going to ship me across the street to a rehabilitation center for another 6 months.

Now, in the hospital, one of the things that I wanted to start doing immediately of course was to continue taking my vitys. I’ve read enough research papers over the years on mouse models that showed the wound healing time of mice given various supplements. Really, they come in and take like 100 mice, break their little mice legs and separate them into control groups and give various amounts of supplements like Vitamin C, and compare the wound healing times between the groups. OK, maybe not so nice for the mice, but useful info for us humans.

The doctors were resistant to my request and stalled on giving my family permission to allow me to use my vitys. It was clear that not much else was required from them. They did great, they clearly saved my life, I owe Doctor Ray White and his trauma team a debt of gratitude, and simply can’t find words warm enough to thank him. But recovery was my gig, I had that one. Three days after the news that I would be in the hospital for 4 to 6 months and in rehabilitation for another 6, I checked myself out of the hospital still wheelchair bound, blood still exiting my wound from where skin had yet to form from the leg bone having ripped through my muscle and skin.

Off to convalesce at my Dads house where I got excellent home care from my Mom and Dad. I dug right into the vitys, full steam ahead. Everyone was expecting me to be there a long time, but I knew different. About 2 weeks later I was on my feet again, walking with crutches, not very well, but walking nonetheless. My goal was to return home and live independently as soon as possible. That stubborn independent streak that I get from my Dad and my Grandfather. One of the few things you can’t get from a bottle of Life extension mix.

Returning home meant that I would need to scale a full set of stairs, in case of fire I wanted to make sure that I could escape. I let everyone know that as soon as I could scale those stairs I was going home. Tried and failed, but less than a week after I announced my plan, I made it up those stairs and returned home. I wanted the family to be proud of that fighting spirit, but also, I think I demonstrated what the power of mega-doses of vitamins could do.

Attached Thumbnails

• Bike__BLTBYME___a010_Parts.jpeg

#12 forever freedom

• 2,362 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:17 PM

Very touching story. I really hope you escape death this time again, you certainly deserve it.

#13 cyborgdreamer

• 735 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:35 PM

Wow, you've sure been through a lot. Did you stop riding motorcycles after the accident?

#14 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:29 AM

Thanks Sam988.

Very touching story. I really hope you escape death this time again, you certainly deserve it.

#15 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:36 AM

Oh cyborgdreamer, you'll have to stay tuned for the rest of the story. To be continued...

Wow, you've sure been through a lot. Did you stop riding motorcycles after the accident?

#16 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 03:56 AM

I started outpatient physical therapy a few weeks after returning home. Three times a week for several weeks I had 1 ½ hour sessions. Oh, I dunno, seemed too much like a glorified expensive gym, with all that exercise and stuff. Definitely wasn’t for me, and the days I would go would leave me in too much pain to get anything else done. I quit the conventional therapy and started my own. I called it motorcycle restoration therapy. Oh, you won’t find that in any medical textbook to be sure, but I swear it works.

Basically instead of going back to the physical therapy, I just tore my motorcycle apart and gave it a trick paint job. Black with Mirror Flake and 30 coats of clear coat to cover the flake, followed by 3 special layers of clear for a super wet look.

Notice the chemical selection, primers, paint, paint reducers, thinners, clear acrylic and special polycoats. All known cancer causing agents. I bought the professional respirators and suited up, not saying this caused my cancer, but I have painted 3 vehicles in my life. Another possible cause that made the list is all those x-rays of my spinal column. In excess of 20 in all, way too much radiation if you ask me.

Attached Thumbnails

• Bike__BLTBYME___a006_Parts.jpeg

#17 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:12 AM

With gas prices up and no budget, I sold my low mileage washer and dryer to register insure and put the bike back on the road. 58 dollars to register it and 130 for insurance. It’s in the shop for a springtime oil change, and to put 2 tires I bought 4 years ago that I didn’t get a chance to put on. I’m hoping to use it for my next doctor’s appointment this Friday, but I’m having doubts about whether I can safely operate it or not at this time.

Attached Thumbnails

• Bike__BLTBYME___b002.jpeg

#18 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 04:40 AM

By the way, this thread was started because Dave Pizer wanted to get some bio on me. So I’m placing information here so that Dave can select whatever material he wants.

The following letter was written to Robert Ettinger while I was either in the hospital or jail. Can’t remember which.

Dear Bob,
I have a little over a month to go before I am released. My 4th round of chemo has hit me very hard, Right now I am dreadfully sick from the chemotherapy. These treatments are awful, leaving me sick and weak, but as sick as I am from these treatments, I’m not taking my fate lying down. The tumor in my leg is active again and some days I suffer in great pain, but because I’m an Immortalist I am able to defy the pain. No amount of pain and suffering can diminish my hope of an eternal physical life. That’s all well and fine for me but I am reminded that not everyone has the same pain threshold. Death for them might seem like a blessing, especially if they are not planning on being physically immortal.

While I cannot agree with such a decision I can empathize and imagine the magnitude of such intolerable pain and the decision to put an end to one’s life. I imagine that only those who have been this sick or suffered the agony of crippling pain understand the lure and peace offered by death. I am an Immortalist however, so no amount of suffering could deter me.

I will not accept the prognosis of my demise without a fight. I plan on beating the odds and surviving this terminal lung cancer. I plan on fighting hard, not because I fear death but because I so love life. Death is staring at me and I’m staring it right back without blinking.

#19 Mixter

• 788 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 09:41 AM

Interesting bio and life, thanks for sharing with us all. Your willpower and
persistency to fight is great, keep it up. I hope you're also avoiding any
unnecessary stress you can, as your immune system is at its max in this situation.

Nobody knows what a determined life-extensionist can do when he is trying
all he can. But because your finances are limited, and the type of cancer is
aggressive and incalculable, I really hope you already have cryonics support
ready, so you could call in a standby team or go near a cryo facility?

I hope the cryonic community take note how engaged you've been, and that
you've been life member of ImmInst for that long. I really wish that you can
make it past october and if you do everything you can chances are not bad..
but you should really have a backup cryo option ready right now. If money
is an issue for cryo, maybe your cryo institute can agree on a donation effort
even after fully signing up. I'd expect that this is possible for anyone as
committed as lifetime member of ImmInst.

PS: Make sure the docs are properly, and often enough, checking for anemia
and other things during your chemo. Maybe you should also read through
"Cancer Treatment: The critical factors" on www.lefcancer.org to make sure
they're doing their best. (Which I'd recommend to anyone in this situation).

Edited by mixter, 11 July 2008 - 09:46 AM.

#20 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 10:10 PM

Thank You Mixter. A brief word on my finances, at some point next week I will be applying for MaineCare and SSI. Not exactly proud of that, as a life long libertarian it goes against everything I stand for to use the government to collect taxes from one set of citizens to redistribute it to another.

Theoretically that should give me about 400 dollars a month of income, which I will apply the full amount of whatever it comes to toward vitamins. What would be most useful is if we could start some kind of dialog with Mr. Kent at the Life Extension Foundation to maybe foregoing any and all profits on me while I’m fighting this cancer. That would increase the amount of vitamins available.

In the past, I beat people over the head for hitting up Saul for money. I jumped on Bruce’s case a few years back for requesting 5 grand grant for a film project. I’m not all about asking for help from the wealthy just for no other reason than they happen to have deep pockets. For over 2 decades I mainly used Life Extension Foundation because I was a fan of their products and their mission. They made profit off of me and I feel I got more than my moneys worth. And if I had the means I would buy more without complaint, but I have exhausted my last remaining funds on my way out the door May 21’st. So I’m kinda grasping at straws here.

Bob Ettinger and Dave Pizer are going to be working on the Suspension funding. That comes into play if I can’t beat this, but I still think this can be beat. I want to for the most part leave the cryonics community with the task of suspension, and the Immortalist community here the task with helping to keep me on the playing field.

As for making it past October, I’m going to be posting separately on medical updates and prognosis. Keep everyone up to speed. Hopefully the resveratrol will help with that.

I’ve read everything on Saul’s site; In fact I copied most of that while in the hospital with a guard looking over my shoulder. That’s how I cobbled together a vity stack that took the tumor down the first time.

Interesting bio and life, thanks for sharing with us all. Your willpower and
persistency to fight is great, keep it up. I hope you're also avoiding any
unnecessary stress you can, as your immune system is at its max in this situation.

Nobody knows what a determined life-extensionist can do when he is trying
all he can. But because your finances are limited, and the type of cancer is
aggressive and incalculable, I really hope you already have cryonics support
ready, so you could call in a standby team or go near a cryo facility?

I hope the cryonic community take note how engaged you've been, and that
you've been life member of ImmInst for that long. I really wish that you can
make it past october and if you do everything you can chances are not bad..
but you should really have a backup cryo option ready right now. If money
is an issue for cryo, maybe your cryo institute can agree on a donation effort
even after fully signing up. I'd expect that this is possible for anyone as
committed as lifetime member of ImmInst.

PS: Make sure the docs are properly, and often enough, checking for anemia
and other things during your chemo. Maybe you should also read through
"Cancer Treatment: The critical factors" on www.lefcancer.org to make sure
they're doing their best. (Which I'd recommend to anyone in this situation).

#21 wayside

• 344 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 12:44 AM

That’s how I cobbled together a vity stack that took the tumor down the first time.

So what was in the stack?

#22 lunarsolarpower

• 1,323 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 04:32 AM

Have you posted anything at Alcor United? I think it would also be appropriate to explain if you previously had cryonic arrangements and if so what became of them?

Other than the X-rays did you have any other risk factors for the cancer?

#23 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 07:54 AM

I would also be most interested in knowing this if you can think of any. Thanks for posting your bio by the way.

#24 lunarsolarpower

• 1,323 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 08:39 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Have you ever considered naming your motorcycle "The Second Immortal?"

#25 eldar

• 178 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 12:19 PM

I entered jail a very healthy individual. Had my annual cancer screening months before my arrest, I was clean, perfect health.

What exactly did your annual cancer screening consist of? I mean if you had a full body ct scan every year, which I know some people do, that might have caused some radiation induced dna damage... Then again, you are concerned about 20 X-rays, so that tells me you might not be willing to take a ct scan voluntarily.

And like others have said, I would be interested in knowing your cancer fighting regime. When you say you ran out of money to continue on that regime, and if it really did work, surely you must have some friends or relatives who could lend you some money to continue on the regime?

In any case, good luck and I sincerely hope you win the fight!

Edited by ceth, 12 July 2008 - 12:21 PM.

#26 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 03:07 AM

I don’t have the list in front of me right now, when I find it I’ll post it. What I do recall is that it included Life Extension Mix, V-C, Curcumin, Soy product, Bone Restore, Green Tea, DHEA (For the muscle wasting not the tumor), and Ginger for the vomiting, but that did not work for me. I’ll stumble across the rest as I’m reviewing all of my paperwork.

That’s how I cobbled together a vity stack that took the tumor down the first time.

So what was in the stack?

Edited by thefirstimmortal, 13 July 2008 - 03:20 AM.

#27 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 05:08 AM

Oh Wayside, I found a few additional notes. Silibinin, not for cancer, my kidneys were getting trashed by the chemo agent cisplatin. Shortly after taking Silibinin my cret/Bun levels got straightened out, and subsequent rounds did not cause any harm. Also, Garlic and Glutamine. I think there were 4 or 5 others.

By the way, love the avatar. Hard to look at without cracking a smile.

#28 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 03:14 PM

No posting at Alcor yet.
I paid the fee for CI to become a member 8 or so years ago. The account remained unfunded because I was reviewing the contract Agreement for Cryonic Suspension. I wanted changes to be made on mine, and was picking the contract apart for changes I wanted. Well, the rest of the story has been detailed elsewhere on this site.

There were several risk factors. Although I had been a nonsmoker for many years at the time I got cancer, I was once a heavy smoker. I also took the crappy vitamins in jail with excess iron in them for several years. Iron is known to promote cancer. My diet for several years consisted of pure junk, I’m not ruling that out.

Have you posted anything at Alcor United? I think it would also be appropriate to explain if you previously had cryonic arrangements and if so what became of them?

#29 Shannon Vyff

• Life Member, Director Lead Moderator
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 12:09 AM

His case will be presented at Alcor United when the Venturists have started the fund for him that people can donate to. He has been very generous in the past when his funds were quite large, to life extension organizations--we all owe him.

Thank you for sharing your story FirstImmortal, this thread is quite informative, the smoking and the exposure to the agents in the various paints used, probably contributed to the cancer (the one having caused the damage to his lungs, making them more susptable to the cancer causing agents) as well as his genetics and being off quality vitamins while in jail. I've not been much into supplements, but certainly some good points are made for a few within this thread ;).

sponsored ad

• Advert

#30 wayside

• 344 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:41 PM

I'm struck by the contradictions in this thread.

On the one hand, you claim to be seeking immortality for your physical self, you have a lifetime membership here, you seem to have a lot of knowledge about supplements, you're plugged into the life extension movement to the extent that people are trying to raise money for you, and what-not.

Yet...

You engage in incredibly risky actions. You rode a motorcycle (35x the death rate per vehicle mile as cars) which in fact almost killed you. You are doing drugs or worse (3 1/2 years for simple possession? There is more to this story I think) which landed you in jail, which is a dangerous place and may ultimately kill you.

And now you are back on the bike.

And this is only the stuff you've told us about.

So I'm curious - how do you reconcile your desire to live forever with your fragrantly dangerous behavior?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users