- - - - -

Best time to take Rhodiola

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 October 2008 - 04:51 AM

I've heard that it's bad to take it close to night, why is this? Should I take one dose in the day or space it out? Also, as far as cycling goes, would taking it during the weekend and not on weekends be effective, or do I have to cycle it over a longer period of time?

#2 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 October 2008 - 08:56 AM

it can be stimulating.. i found it worked best when cycled

Edited by ajnast4r, 22 October 2008 - 08:56 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 04:32 PM

For me, rhodiola is extremely sedating at any dose. I have to take it with chocamine or coffee so I don't fall asleep. I take it at any time of day and have been now for months with no loss of efficacy.

#4 dertydave

• 21 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 06:20 AM

For me, rhodiola is extremely sedating at any dose. I have to take it with chocamine or coffee so I don't fall asleep. I take it at any time of day and have been now for months with no loss of efficacy.

That has generally been my experience as well although only have it probably twice a week for a bit of mood boost.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 July 2009 - 09:58 AM

I've just taken some today after a 3 month break and the magic is back. I remember now why I used to love this little herb so much. But it does lose efectiveness if you use it too much. Does anyone know a good reliable cycling regime that can maintain the beneficial effects? I suppose it's very similar to picamilon in the sense that it loses its efficiency if you use it too much (well in my experience anyway). Now I think about it they are both used in response to stress so when I feel like I am really benefiting from them that means my body and mind is responding positively to them. Further to this I suppose if my body is unresponsive to the effects of Rhodiola then this means the herb isn't needed. Or is there some scientific explanation for this loss of efficiency? Increase in brain production of MAOI's? Some sort of brain reaction to you feeling good for a prolonged period? (how dare you!). The thing that confuses me is it stimulates certain endorphin receptors (the effects I can distinguish because I run a lot, so in touch with my endorphins :|? ) and yet when it loses it's efficiency you lose the endorphin benefit too. Hmmmm strange.
Any hardcore Rhodiola takers out there? Or people who can shed light on this? I think this is a wonderful herb when it works!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users