• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Dents in skull - From nutritional deficiency or enviromental causes ?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 picious

• 9 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 02:45 PM

For more than 6 months I have had dents in my skull on both sides. From time to time they have gotten smaller and then enlargened again. They are on the top of my head and a little bit to the side. I also found out that there are people having the same issue - http://dpk.net/2004/...comment-page-6/

Because they get smaller one day and then bigger next time although haven't dissapeared completely once, I am concerned that there might be a nutritional deficiency but I am trying to eat as healthy as possible. Eating adequate amounts of protein, fats, fruits and vegetables with some grains.

Sometimes there is small tension on those dents when moving my head around. I am bit worried about those dents and would like to know if anyone has experience same phenomena or has ideas to what could cause these dents. Thanks!!

#2 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 03:30 PM

This is just a wild guess but it could be due to improper fusing of the plates in your your skull.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 February 2009 - 06:08 PM

if you have open indentations in your skull, you need to high tail it down to the doctor NOW

#4 picious

• Topic Starter
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 06:31 PM

No, these two areas are just dipped and are't open indentations. I can clearly feel them when I slide my finger over the area.

Ben - Aus
They are not grown that way as long as I can remember. They also change shape (mostly deepness) from time to time. Also, Mg and Calc. came back normal from last blood check.

#5 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 05:18 AM

No, these two areas are just dipped and are't open indentations. I can clearly feel them when I slide my finger over the area.

Ben - Aus
They are not grown that way as long as I can remember. They also change shape (mostly deepness) from time to time. Also, Mg and Calc. came back normal from last blood check.

Ahh... I think you should do as ajnast4r's advises. Get back to us on what the Dr. says.

#6 4eva

• 426 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 07:45 AM

Vitamin A toxicity in infants causes transient bulging fontanelles. I'm not sure if this is possible in adults.

Vitamin A toxicity seems to also cause intercranial pressure which I don't think causes changes in the shape of your skull. But you mention something about tension when you move your head that I'm not sure what that means.

Acute vitamin A toxicity would cause this problem. I'm not sure if 6 months is considered acute if it were vitamin A toxicity.

Edited by 4eva, 03 March 2009 - 07:48 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users