I am going to meet my boyfriend for the first time! ^_^

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Luna

• Guest, F@H
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:03 PM

Here's the story!

I'm from Israel, my boyfriend is from the UK.
We meet over the internet, know each other for several years while almost 4 months ago we decided we feel we are more than normal friends.

Some time ago he decided to try to come and visit me in Israel, after telling the idea to his parents, which were very supportive and said they will even pay for the ticket, it had been decided that he will be coming to Israel! ^^

So 25 days from now I am going to meet my boyfriend for first time in real life!

It is very exciting for me, he is my age, interested in immortality, very intelligent and quite a bit into philosophy.
He is studying game development, I am self teaching myself programming and graphics programming and we building a game engine (and a game!) together.

I just never felt anything with any other guy like the feelings he makes me feel and the understanding and support I receive from him.

I am really excited about this ^_^

Also, for about a year now I was already planning to try and move to the UK one day and if everything goes well, I will be visiting at September.
By coincidence, SENS4 is taking place in September and my boyfriend (Mirza) wants to go there with me :)

Having a guy interested in immortality, cryonics, philosophy, computing and many other things I am interested at, and at the same time being loving, intelligent, good looking and willing to take so much effort (like coming to Israel) makes me feel like the luckiest person in the world :~

Well ^^ that's me sharing my excitement and hoping everything will go well in the actual meeting (I am sure it will ^^)

There are some problems like my mother and her boyfriend not being very supportive of this (more like against!) , but my father is quite supportive (even though living in the other side of the country) which makes it feel a bit better :~

Hopefully I will get him to post a bit more on Imminst ^^ (He is registered as NinjaDuck) he seems to be very interested in the forums which makes me happy :)

#2 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:09 PM

That's great winter, keep us posted with details after the visit! Hope all goes well.

#3 Prometheus

• 592 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:50 PM

It must be so intriguing to have gotten to know someone closely from afar before embarking on a more conventional relationship. Maybe something that more people should be doing! All the best!

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:55 PM

Yeah, we can see you're happy from all the smiles.

Good luck!

#5 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:55 PM

This is awesome news, winterbreeze! I'm very happy for you, and glad you posted it to share also :)

#6 Cyberbrain

• Guest, F@H
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 11:43 PM

Great to see that you two will be finally meeting! Hope everything goes well :)

Good luck!

#7 JediMasterLucia

• 708 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 10:23 PM

this is nice to hear,

I hope you'll both have a lot of fun together ;)

Good luck :)

#8 thefirstimmortal

• Life Member The First Immortal
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 03:02 AM

Who can resisit a budding Love Story? Keep us well informed.

Attached Files

#9 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 12:15 AM

Congrats, winter! Good luck.

#10 Shannon Vyff

• Life Member, Director Lead Moderator
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 02:15 AM

Dear lord I hope you have photos of each other! (and have spent time on video chat?) I married a man I was in love with, after only romancing over the net and things were way different in real life. That said, I met my current husband through the net--but I was sure to pick out guys and date them in real life to so I could quickly size them up without investing much time and home in them. (The guy I married after only knowing "on-line" I had year friendship, three months of flirting and three months of romance with, but it was all on-line, we had life extension amongst many things in common) Long story of course, but I can't wait for an update from you! I've seen others who are in love on the net meet and not get along as well, should be fun to hear your feedback!

#11 Luna

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 06:59 AM

Dear lord I hope you have photos of each other! (and have spent time on video chat?)

Not a day without! (almost ^^)
We do know each other for several years already but it's not like we are going to marry already.

We speak (voice chat) every day and program together on our own private project, other then that, we have a nice share of common interests ;)
He didn't know about SENS before I told him about it, but he is very interested (and doesn't want to die ^^) and he said we should go to SENS4 (depends on my arrival to the UK)

But anyhow, we rarely speak about life extension, maybe we could be more active when we are in the same country.

I am hoping the physical meeting with him would be for the best and to learn a lot more about him than I could learn by the internet only.
Worrying about what might or could happen and how things could turn is not fun ^^

#12 Luna

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 05:02 AM

5 days to go! ^_^

#13 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:54 PM

^^ You must be excited!

#14 Luna

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:52 PM

^^ You must be excited!

Uh huh!

#15 Shannon Vyff

• Life Member, Director Lead Moderator
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 12:30 AM

this is like an e-psyche! I was hoping for an update on the meeting--have fun!!!!!

#16 Luna

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:18 AM

this is like an e-psyche! I was hoping for an update on the meeting--have fun!!!!!

You'll get a book in about 4 days! ^^

#17 TianZi

• 519 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:38 AM

I am going to take a wild shot in the dark here, and guess that you met whilst playing an online game, probably an MMO. Am I correct?

#18 Cyberbrain

• Guest, F@H
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 02:58 PM

I am going to take a wild shot in the dark here, and guess that you met whilst playing an online game, probably an MMO. Am I correct?

I think they meet in WoW. Sort of makes me wish I played MMO's too. Who knew you could find a love in a video game fantasy world :-D

#19 forever freedom

• 2,362 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 04:46 PM

I think they meet in WoW. Sort of makes me wish I played MMO's too. Who knew you could find a love in a video game fantasy world :-D

Yea, makes us realize they're not a toootal waste of time...

#20 wydell

• 503 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:53 AM

So what was the result? I am sure that everybody is wondering.

#21 Luna

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 05:01 AM

Oops! ^^
Umm.. busy! be back later :D

We did meet over an MMO! called Dungeons & Dragons Online.
WE are having A LOT of fun :) we will go to the amusement park today and stay at a friend's apartment until the flight (early Saturday ;-;), which will also allow us trying different activities which are not available in this part of Israel.

We've had LOADS of fun so far, went to my favorite restaurant, ate my favorite ice-cream, introduced him to some local foods (and sushi!).
We watched countless number of movies and went to Masada and the Dead Sea where we could float for as long as we wanted ^^

All my friends who met him so far really like him ^^ and we've had some fun with them, especially the last two days!
Yesterday there was the Pesach Feast (thingy) in the kibbutz and my mother insisted that we will come, even though it's hours of boring things in Hebrew, which he doesn't know! *grr*.. But we managed to escape! *yay* and made our own kind of food instead! (veggie sushi! :D).
Which reminds me! at the restaurant we had sushi with salmon, even though Mirza is vegetarian, he wanted to try my favorite food.. HE LOVED IT! So we made some veggie sushi the next day and it turned out to be delicious (maybe even better!) so we are addicted ever since :)

So anyways! we escaped the dinner with Tal, made sushi, ate until we exploded (except Tal, he ate more than us and then took more) and played some Munchkin! (a card game Mirza introducted to us).

We also made my birthday cake together! (which is at the 22th but he won't be here), which turned to be delicious(!!!) and very chocolaty.

that's it for now! *goes back to bed annoyed at her ever-lacking sleeping hours! grrr*

#22 TianZi

• 519 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 07:30 AM

Ha! My amazing powers of perception are once again confirmed. I'm not surprised that you developed a close relationship with a fellow player of that MMO, since I believe its subscriber base has dwindled to about ... two. ;)

#23 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 12:49 PM

WoW is not a waste of time!!! That's wonderful <3

Have fun ^_^

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users