Photo
- - - - -

Quercetin with curcumin + resveratrol?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ppp

• 275 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 06:28 AM

I am thinking of adding quercetin to a twice daily dose of curcumin, resveratrol and omega-3's. From what I've gleaned on pubmed these should all synergise. What kind of dosage should one look at for quercetin? Is a higher dose better or worse than a low dose? Anyone have advice on this?

The curcumin dose is 1.5g of nano-curcumin, resveratrol is 250 mg RevGenetics LiCaps and the fish oils are a high dose (400mg EPA, 200mg DHA).

Thanks.

#2 ppp

• Topic Starter
  • 275 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 06:08 AM

I am thinking of adding quercetin to a twice daily dose of curcumin, resveratrol and omega-3's. From what I've gleaned on pubmed these should all synergise. What kind of dosage should one look at for quercetin? Is a higher dose better or worse than a low dose? Anyone have advice on this?

The curcumin dose is 1.5g of nano-curcumin, resveratrol is 250 mg RevGenetics LiCaps and the fish oils are a high dose (400mg EPA, 200mg DHA).

Thanks.

While researching I found this paper, which looks pretty interesting and adds weight to the res + quercetin argument:

Resveratrol and quercetin cooperate to induce senescence-like growth arrest in C6 rat glioma cells.
Zamin LLFilippi-Chiela ECDillenburg-Pilla PHorn FSalbego CLenz G.
Biophysics Department, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS), Porto Alegre, Brazil.

Glioma is the most frequent and malignant primary human brain tumor with dismal prognosis despite multimodal therapy. Resveratrol and quercetin, two structurally related and naturally occurring polyphenols, are proposed to have anticancer effects. We report here that resveratrol and quercetin decreased the cell number in four glioma cell lines but not in rat astrocytes. Low doses of resveratrol (10 microM) or quercetin (25 microM) separately had no effect on apoptosis induction, but had a strong effect on caspase 3/7 activation when administered together. Western blot analyses showed that resveratrol (10 microM) and quercetin (25 microM) caused a reduction in phosphorylation of Akt, but this reduction was not sufficient by itself to mediate the effects of these polyphenols. Most important, resveratrol and quercetin chronically administered presented a strong synergism in inducing senescence-like growth arrest. These results suggest that the combination of polyphenols can potentialize their antitumoral activity, thereby reducing the therapeutic concentration needed for glioma treatment. (Cancer Sci 2009).

PMID: 19496785 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 zorba990

• 1,601 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 12:34 AM

Thanks.

What brand nano curcurmin? I'm currently using Rutin.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 ppp

• Topic Starter
  • 275 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 05:10 AM

Thanks.

What brand nano curcurmin? I'm currently using Rutin.

LongVida, by Verdure Sciences.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users