- - - - -

Good Vit E supplement

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 June 2009 - 06:22 AM

I'm having a trouble finding a good one that's balanced with all 8 forms. Anyone know of one?

#2 Dmitri

• 841 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 06:27 AM

I'm having a trouble finding a good one that's balanced with all 8 forms. Anyone know of one?

Jarrow Formulas has FamilE which contains all 8. However, the company AC Grace claims that you should take tocopherols and tocotrienols separetly since the body has a preference for tocopherol.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 hamishm00

• 1,053 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 06:57 AM

I'm thinking of splitting them out now using the LEF product, but wierdly the tocotrienol mix also has d-alpha tocopherol which seems a bit odd, but maybe LEF anticipates that people will just take this tocotrienol product and not the tocopherol mix.

1. LEF Gamma E Tocopherol with Sesame Lignans

Gamma tocopherol 237 mg
Delta tocopherol 79 mg
Alpha tocopherol 36 mg
Beta tocopherol 3.6 mg
Sesame seed (Sesamum indicum) lignan extract 20 mg

2. LEF Extension, Tocotrienols with Sesame Lignans

Vitamin E (as D-alpha tocopherol) 31.3 IU 104%
Gamma tocotrienols 41.7-50 mg
Alpha tocotrienol 20.9-29.2 mg
Delta tocotrienol 10.4-14.6 mg
Beta tocopherol 2.1 mg **
Sesame seed (Sesamum indicum) lignan extract [standardized to 60% sesamin (12 mg)] 20 mg

#4 OneScrewLoose

• Topic Starter
  • 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 June 2009 - 04:32 PM

Jarrow Formulas has FamilE which contains all 8. However, the company AC Grace claims that you should take tocopherols and tocotrienols separetly since the body has a preference for tocopherol.

Any without soybean oil? I'm intolerant to soy.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 nameless

• 2,268 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 05:09 PM

Any without soybean oil? I'm intolerant to soy.

The AC Grace vitamin E doesn't contain soy oil. I don't think the LEF E products contain soy oil either. And the AOR tocotrienols/tocopherols use olive oil as the carrier.

But I believe all tocopherols on the market are derived from soy. I don't think they contain any soy proteins though (check first, if you are super allergic).

It may be worth taking tocopherols and tocotrienols separately. AOR also backs up AC Grace's claim:

3. High alpha-tocopherol attenuates gamma tocotrienol. Qureshi (1996) has shown that preparations containing high alpha tocopherol (above 30% ratio) would attenuate the activity of gamma tocotrienol. Palm has a ratio of 20-21% compared with over 40% for rice.

Although perhaps if alpha tocopherol is relatively low in the product, it won't have any effect (or if gamma tocotrienol is high enough)?

Edited by nameless, 23 June 2009 - 05:12 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users