Photo

looking for a list of all treatable diseases

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 03:13 AM

I need a list of all treatable diseases and afflictions. Ive been searching in google but I cant find a comprehensive list. Do you know where I can get one? A list of all curable diseases too if you know of such a list.

#2 bacopa

• Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 06:24 AM

this could be a great project to show the naysayers that hey we've done it god knows how many times before, so who says we can't with other diseases like cancers, dementias, mental illness etc?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 04:59 PM

Exactly, I need it for a peice that Im working on, and such a list would stand/stands on its own. It could motivate in a lot of ways.

#4 Shannon Vyff

• Life Member, Director Lead Moderator
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:17 PM

Maybe if you put up what you've found we can brainstorm and add ones that are not on there that any of us think of? Seems like a daunting task, and you may have all the ones up that come readily to my mind. I use the following site from time to time to look up information from a food & herb standpoint on common diseases, but of course it does not focus on modern Western Medicine treatments: http://www.healingfoodreference.com/

Usually I look up individual diseases as I hear of them or a friend or family member is afflicted with one, and find out all I can about treatment. History of Medicine books are a lot of fun to read as the talk of several afflictions that people died of a hundred or more years ago that are easily treatable today. I've read a few, but none jump to mind right now, I've liked them all :)

#5 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 04:24 AM

I need a list of all treatable diseases and afflictions. Ive been searching in google but I cant find a comprehensive list. Do you know where I can get one? A list of all curable diseases too if you know of such a list.

The list of treatable diseases and afflictions will be enormous; it will encompass nearly all known diseases. The curable list will be a lot smaller, but still huge, depending on how one defines "cure".

#6 ihatesnow

• 776 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 09:23 AM

The list of treatable diseases and afflictions will be enormous; it will encompass nearly all known diseases. The curable list will be a lot smaller, but still huge, depending on how one defines "cure".

http://www.cureresea...sts/condsaz.htm

http://stemaid.com/page.php?3

http://www.cryobanks...e-diseases.html
http://health.howstu...th-century1.htm

Edited by ihatesnow, 18 May 2010 - 09:41 AM.

#7 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 07:10 PM

Niner,
Clinical, non natural remedy, non holistic types, documented successful treatment, that can be successfully treated indefinitely, that can lead to remission, eradication, (looking less so for eradicatable) or a cure. That may still leave it a little more open than Im looking for, but well, those treatments that pass reasonable doubt and are in use. Maybe there is a clinical word for such a treatment but Im not sure what it might be.

ihatesnow,
First link lists many diseases, but also things like abdominal hernia and accidental injury, Im looking for disease specific and comprehensive. The second and third link to things that stem cells can treat. The fourth is a list of external things we can vaccinate against, and 1, apparently only 1, that has been eradicated so far.

I found those lists of things that stem cells can treat too, and I was thinking, along the lines of what Shannon said, that maybe we could post a list of them and then dissect it from there, adding those that are treatable through other methods, and subtracting those that are not yet treatable in any way. I guess I don’t need them all, but dozens at the least would probably be best.

#8 The Immortalist

• 1,462 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 02:55 PM

I'm interested in this. I've always wondered how many diseases there were in the world and how many are treatable, and how many are curable. This task would take a very long time but that does not matter whatsoever. Where should we start?

I think we should have separate lists for "Curable" diseases, and "treatable" diseases. Curable meaning if you treat it once it's gone forever and Treatable meaning you can alleviate the symptoms but it is not a complete cure and you need to treat it indefinitely.

Then we should have a list where we list all of the diseases that are treatable but they can't keep the disease from spreading and the treatment only slows down the disease not stopping it.

#9 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:17 PM

There is a link but the ones that have been cured need to be extracted from it. I was looking at this the other day because I still need it for part of a paper. If you want to do it then let me know and I can get you going on it. Otherwise I will do it myself when I get to that paper.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#10 ihatesnow

• 776 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 01:38 AM

http://www.heartland...om/diseases.htm

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users