Photo
- - - - -

Apple Cider Vinegar-lucid dreaming

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Pittguy578

• 100 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:00 AM

Not necessarily nootropic, but I have been taking apple cider vinegar the last two days because of a sinus infection. I have had extremely lucid/vivid dreams. Not related to anything else I am taking because I never had this effect before with any supplement.
They are not "weird" dreams, but are very reaiistic-I have to ask myself "did that really happen" when I wake up.
  • Informative x 1

#2 brian101

• 45 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:39 AM

I remember I mixed kava kava extract with apple cider vinegar in a cup of water (what a experience). It was the first lucid dream that I could remember. Since then I have been trying to lucid dream without success. How much apple cider vinegar would you have to take to lucid dream?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 sootedninjas

• 10 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:57 AM

I remember I mixed kava kava extract with apple cider vinegar in a cup of water (what a experience). It was the first lucid dream that I could remember. Since then I have been trying to lucid dream without success. How much apple cider vinegar would you have to take to lucid dream?

yeah. what is the dosage and how many times a day or just before going to bed ?

#4 brian101

• 45 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:16 AM

yeah. what is the dosage and how many times a day or just before going to bed ?

Well I don't remember exactly I would say about 1 TBL spoon. I don't know that was a crazy night. Basically what I did was I made my hot brew (kava kava, apple cider vinegar) and sat in front of my mirror. Then I began to meditate for 30 minutes, while drinking at the same time.

Edited by brian101, 20 July 2010 - 02:20 AM.

• Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#5 Pittguy578

• Topic Starter
  • 100 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:31 AM

I am doing straight shots of store brand. Burns a little..
I have no idea what is in it that causes lucid dreaming, but it is a totally new experience.
Piracetam has produced lucid dreams for me in the past, but nothing even close to this.
I think more research needs to be done on this. I even feel more rested after I sleep.

#6 brian101

• 45 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:37 AM

I am doing straight shots of store brand. Burns a little..
I have no idea what is in it that causes lucid dreaming, but it is a totally new experience.
Piracetam has produced lucid dreams for me in the past, but nothing even close to this.
I think more research needs to be done on this. I even feel more rested after I sleep.

If you're trying to achieve lucid dreaming I would recommend the Bragg brand or an organic/unfiltered one. If anything would induce lucid dreams it would most likely be from the mother enzymes found in organic unfiltered apple cider vinegar. This is where most of the medicinal benefits come from.

#7 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:42 AM

Hmm. I'd look for other factors that may be at play. ACV is basically vinegar (acetic acid) with some other acids and polyphenols from the apples thrown in. We were discussing here the possibility that it may contribute a little to acetylcholine synthesis, but the effect shouldn't be that large if at all. I have a hart time picturing that it could be doing anything significant enough to alter your dreams that drastically. But who knows? (Certainly not me)

I just started taking ACV this week, as well. There are a couple of good threads about its other benefits in the main Supps forum this week. Diluting it with like 10oz water, adding 1-2tsp honey, and a few ice cubes makes it a lot more tolerable. And I drink it through a straw, to avoid tooth enamel damage.

Edited by chrono, 20 July 2010 - 03:43 AM.

#8 Pittguy578

• Topic Starter
  • 100 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 04:30 AM

I am not really going to be searching anything out-I was not looking to have lucid dreams-this is just of happened as a side effect..
  • dislike x 1

#9 BarrelBoy

• 43 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 06:40 AM

I don't mean to be condescending here, but a post in an already established lucid dreaming thread would have probably made more sense than making a whole new thread that you have no desire to continue discussing. 

I've had lucid success with nicotine and choline and hope to give ACV a shot soon.

#10 RockandSoul

• 30 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 12:55 PM

Has acv helped anyone with heartburn? Always heard claims that it does

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#11 Gerrans

• 372 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 06:28 PM

When I am ill, I dream very vividly. Could the sinus infection be having an effect?

• Informative x 1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users