Photo
- - - - -

Adderall Potentiators

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Neuronic

• 121 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 03:15 PM

I just got a script for Adderall XR 20mg. So far it reminds me a lot of methylphenidate except better and without the side effects.
I feel the same way I did with methylphenidate, which is kinda strange. I feel both like taking a nap and like going to do something at the same time.
Anyway, I am wondering what I can take in addition to make it work better? I'm not looking for any high here, but for cognitive performance and wakefulness. I know that racetams are a bad idea, which is a shame cause I liked pramiracetam. I heard some talk about memantine to help prevent tolerance, anything else?

#2 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:46 PM

A few thoughts here: http://www.imminst.o...derall-synergy/

Taking dopamine precursors with it would probably increase its effect, but probably also give you a crash. Theanine sounds like an interesting idea to me. ALCAR might also be an acceptable combination, but probably won't do much. Most of what we discuss here will be swamped by amphetamine's rather inelegant dopamine-dumping mechanism ;)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:49 PM

More adderall
  • like x 2

#4 ultranaut

• 130 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 06:35 PM

I take dextroamp these days but it's essentially the same.

B6 (P5P) seems to help, I take some semi-regularly in the morning and/or at night.

Antacids help, but in the much more direct manner of increasing the amount of amphetamines your body absorbs.

Bupropion does something. I'm not sure whether it helps or hinders. I think it makes amphetamines feel "smoother" and last longer, but I also think it might lessen some of the effects.

I'm not certain about this one yet but I've had some interesting experiences taking coQ10, D3, EGCG, Curcumin, and 7keto several hours after d-amp. It may be any one of those, or some combination of them, but the effect has been a pronounced enhancement of the d-amp. Each time it's happened the d-amp was obviously fading out, within 30 minutes I felt revitalized. What's interesting about it is that I become very social and outgoing, normally at that point of coming down off d-amp I just want to be alone and think. Instead I've ended up going out and having a great time getting drunk.

#5 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 06:36 PM

I take dextroamp these days but it's essentially the same.

B6 (P5P) seems to help, I take some semi-regularly in the morning and/or at night.

Antacids help, but in the much more direct manner of increasing the amount of amphetamines your body absorbs.

Bupropion does something. I'm not sure whether it helps or hinders. I think it makes amphetamines feel "smoother" and last longer, but I also think it might lessen some of the effects.

I'm not certain about this one yet but I've had some interesting experiences taking coQ10, D3, EGCG, Curcumin, and 7keto several hours after d-amp. It may be any one of those, or some combination of them, but the effect has been a pronounced enhancement of the d-amp. Each time it's happened the d-amp was obviously fading out, within 30 minutes I felt revitalized. What's interesting about it is that I become very social and outgoing, normally at that point of coming down off d-amp I just want to be alone and think. Instead I've ended up going out and having a great time getting drunk.

Interesting, with curcumin it could make sense as it inhibits CREB and essentially reverses receptor downregulation (atleast thats my understanding of it, if it inhibits creb in the brainarea's relevant to amp).

#6 scandic

• 9 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 06:45 PM

Tyrosine

#7 Ames

• 361 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 07:40 PM

I'm not recommending anything, but only listing what might theoretically work to the end of decreasing tolerance to adderall:

Pregnenolone
Magnesium
Memantine
DXM
Ketamine

Edited by golgi1, 28 October 2010 - 07:41 PM.

• like x 1

#8 Neuronic

• Topic Starter
  • 121 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 01:30 PM

Thanks, I will look into all these. I've also read that antacids will help because the more alkaline your stomach is the better the bioavailability.

This is the 3rd day on Adderall and I think I can describe the feeling as being calm and a better sense of well being. I'm not entirely sure it's working though as far as enhancing concentration, perhaps it and attention have improved and I don't realize it?

I took some NADH and B6 this morning along with it. Also took 100mg of provigil to try combat the residual sleepiness, I hope it wasn't a bad idea cause my heart is pounding for some reason. When I took Adderall alone my resting pulse was about 80, same with provigil alone. Right now it's around 100 just sitting here.

Also, is caffeine counterproductive for adderall or even ritalin?

#9 kikai93

• 244 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 08:15 PM

Thanks, I will look into all these. I've also read that antacids will help because the more alkaline your stomach is the better the bioavailability.

This is the 3rd day on Adderall and I think I can describe the feeling as being calm and a better sense of well being. I'm not entirely sure it's working though as far as enhancing concentration, perhaps it and attention have improved and I don't realize it?

I took some NADH and B6 this morning along with it. Also took 100mg of provigil to try combat the residual sleepiness, I hope it wasn't a bad idea cause my heart is pounding for some reason. When I took Adderall alone my resting pulse was about 80, same with provigil alone. Right now it's around 100 just sitting here.

Also, is caffeine counterproductive for adderall or even ritalin?

I can't remember if Imminst etiquette is to toppost or bottompost, so I'm going with what seems more contiguous to me.
I'm not a fan of amphetamine, but if you must, here is some tips and tricks based on personal experience and a year of research in the nineties toward the same goal.
1) Access if you are getting the therapeutic effect now. Now meaning before you've been on AMP for more than a few weeks.
If yes, proceed to 3. If no, proceed to 2.
2) Get with your doctor to get the dose right. When completed, proceed to 3.
3) Use this dosage until the therapeutic effect (TE) begins to diminish. This will be difficult, because 90% of the population will want to chase the euphoria.
The euphoria is not the TE. When the TE begins to diminish, try supplementing with 250mg Magnesium Glycinate 2x day. When Magnesium supplementation fails, proceed to 4.
4) Add N-Acetyl Tyrosine 300mg 2/day. When that stops being effective, go to 5.
5) Add Memantine 5-8mg. When that stops being effective, go to 6.
6) Switch out the memantine for amantadine 100mg 1/day. when this fails, cease everything and return to step 2.

Watch the amount of acid in your diet. DO NOT use the antacid trick. Chances are about 60-40 in favor of you eventually giving yourself some heinous alkalosis.
If you're thinking "I'll use an MAOI" (including selegeline/deprenyl) tell your doctor so he can smack you upside the head.
You'll also be wanting all the neuroprotection you can get to stave off the inevitable negative consequences of dextroamphetamine's inelegant dopamine dumping mechanism.

Finally, when you reach the upper threshold of safe dosage according to the manufacturer's literature and it's not working (and you will) it's time to throw in the towel and find something else.
Honestly, I would look for just about any alternative to amphetamine, methylphenidate, and the like before resorting to them. They're incredibly damaging drugs and it is guaranteed they will not work forever.

What I found to be long term effective for the treatment of my ADD is a combination of aniracetam, piracetam, cdp choline, magnesium (glycinate), sulbutiamine, picamilon, idebenone, bacopa, and DHA/EPA.
I also occasionally use pramiracetam and take other supplements for other reasons. I cycle the b-vitamin analogues (mostly due to cost reasons, but also because the effects of sulbutiamine and picamilon tend to diminish with constant use).
I also occasionally run a 1 week course of precursors (NALT and the like) and/or DHEA. I use 3mg melatonion 3 days/week for sleep. I eat a traditional chinese/macanese diet. That's done wonders for my health in general.

I do MENSA puzzle books and Dual N Back on a daily basis (working on 6 atm). I also do rajayoga on a daily basis for a minimum of an hour, and P90X. Granted, this doesn't leave a lot of time for video games and the like, but it's highly rewarding.
I noticed that if I do activities which are high in instant gratification and low in necessary concentration, the symptoms of ADD get worse, whereas if I do tasks which are high in necessary concentration to the exhaustion of my ability to do so regularly, my ability to concentrate gets better over time. With that in mind, I threw out my TV and other instant gratification mechanisms. None of this is intended as medical advise. Consult your doctor. You are solely responsible for how you use this information. Etc.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#10 cougar

• 114 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:52 PM

Very well said kikai93, thank you.
I take magnesium (from magnesium malate and magnesium taurate) right before bed every night. Unfortunately the most I can afford is only 300mg. Anything more than that will result in soft stool. I've added 1g of Taurine right before bed which seems to be effective on enhancing the effect of amphetamine however, I'm not sure yet because I've been taking it for only two nights and there are other variables involved as well. Theanin sometimes work and sometimes doesn't. I'm going to try taking more Tyrosine. I've tried Tyrosine 500mg for a few times in the past without noticing anything. I'll try 1g to see how it goes.
I tried 5mg Pregnenolone last Friday and responded VERY WELL however since this is a hormon which could potentially affect whole banch of other hormons in the body I'm hesitate to take it regularly. I might bring this up to my doctor and gets my hormon levels checked before any more dosing.

Edited by cougar, 01 November 2010 - 04:59 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users