Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Ashwagandha, Rhodiola, L-theanine, Ginseng, Holy basil

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 EMP

• 44 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:28 PM

Which of them are recommended to use for reducing stress levels while minimizing the chance of building a tolerance. Furthermore, which ones do come with a synergistic effect when combined?
  • like x 1

#2 caruga

• 514 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 05:29 PM

Speaking from my own experience, ashwagandha has the build-up effect and no tolerance. If you're under stress you should notice it after day 3. I take a gram of the raw powder before bedtime.
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#3 GoingPrimal

• 262 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:18 PM

Hey EMP,

Ashwagandha and Holy Basil both have cumulative effects. Which type of ginseng are you taking?
In terms of synergy they all should go pretty well together. They're all adaptogens except for l-theanine, meaning they will help your body deal with stress. L-theanine is pretty calming though, so that should help you out mentally. I've had good experience with Bacopa too.

#4 8bitmore

• 347 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:52 PM

I would ditch the Ginseng and the Rhodiola if you plan on taking this stack continually - I've had brilliant effects from Ashwagandha despite taking it continually for years (!), whereas Ginseng seems to work better ingested for an extra boost in intervals of about a month or so max a couple of times a year. Rhodiola is again best taken in intervals but seems plain flaky in its effects on me; similar reports from members here if you search the Supplements forum. Good luck with it and thanks for reminding me of wanting to add Holy Basil to my own stack!

edit: spelling

Edited by 8bitmore, 13 September 2011 - 12:53 PM.

• like x 1

#5 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 October 2011 - 03:23 PM

I have tried Holy Basil myself recently and it is pretty impressive in terms of being a anxioloytic. Ashwagandha is pretty cool as well but makes me a bit sleepy.

I find Rhodiola good for stress resistance but it gives me terrible insomnia. Schizandra is good for fatigue and also helps for normalizing bodily function on many levels.

I find Bacopa pretty sedating so best taken at night.

But you'll notice that a lot of these herbs are AchEIs so be careful not to go crazy and overbaord when stacking these together.

I love Holy Basil though so far, very uplifting and soothing to the internal chatter that can go on.

Edited by Thorsten2, 09 October 2011 - 03:28 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#6 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:08 AM

I've taken them all and never noticed any effect at all.
  • like x 1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users