• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Silica in Toothpaste ! - What in the World is going on ?

Silica Toothpaste Toothbrush

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 hallucinogen

• 359 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:27 PM

|EXTREME| Tip of Life ! =>

being a Geologist myself, i'm continually Surprised by the unceasing use of Silica in Toothpastes !
Silica, also hydrated silica is 'Silicon dioxide', Quartz, is basically a hard-rock mineral with hardness of 7 on Mohs scale, and tooth enamel is apatite with hardness of 5, so silica will aggressively abrade the softer teeth,
but not as quick and swift as the potentially damaging effects of a hard toothbrush on dentin and gingiva !

and don't even let me get started on Lauryl Sulfate, fragrances, and other bs like that in toothpastes,

if anyone knows a Good and truly Natural Toothpaste recommendation, - please be sure to leave a comment here !

Jason's Powersmile is not that bad, but it has silica in it, and i also don't care much for Baking Soda in my toothpaste, because it also wears down the enamel ... veg. glycerin on the other hand is fun, it coats the teeth ..
if i wanted baking soda in my mouth, i'd add some from the kilo of it i got on the shelf, for Pete's Sake
- be sure to leave a comment btw if you got a recommendation, and are not speaking out of the blue, thx (;

:ph34r: :imminst: :-D

Edited by hallucinogen, 04 October 2011 - 11:34 PM.

• like x 1

#2 Mortuorum

• 91 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 03:52 PM

Many products are designed, clandestinely with back door constituent elements, to actually undermine and erode health at many levels, so long as no direct smoking gun can be illuminated and proven, there are commercial but also ideological benefits serving controlling interests.....Get Uncle Harry's products, you'll be very pleased:

http://www.uncleharr...a9857062a32bcf6
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 PhaQ

• 43 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:22 PM

I used to use Theraneem but it was 8 bucks for a small tube. It did seem to last forever, though. It is SLS and flouride free.
Here's the ingredient list:

Calcium carbonate, Sorbitol, Aqua/Water/Eau, Glycerin, Silica, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Xylitol, Xanthan Gum, Cyamopsis Tetragonoloba (Guar) Gum, Supercritical Extracts of Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root, Foeniculum Vulgare (Fennel), Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Bud, Azadirachta Indica (Neem) Leaf and Azadirachta Indica (Neem) Bark, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Potassium Sorbate, Mentha Viridis (Spearmint) Oil, Ascorbic Acid. • Sulfate Free • Gluten Free • Flouride Free • Paraben Free • No Artificial Colors or Flavors Suitable for diabetics and children.

I also remember seeing a product once that was basically just grapeseed oil with a few essential oils thrown in. IIRc you brushed your teeth well with just water, then brushed on this oil to coat your teeth. I've never used personally it though.

Edited by PhaQ, 05 October 2011 - 07:22 PM.

#4 Brainbox

• 2,860 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:13 PM

I use just water. After stopping using toothpaste, I don't have bleeding gums anymore, but that could also be due to diet and supplements.

#5 MrHappy

• Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:59 PM

Also, brushing - without toothpaste - when there is any plaque buildup (which depends greatly on diet and not smoking), rather than as a matter of protocol, will serve you well. I have zero fillings / cavities and brush infrequently. If your diet is low-sugar, you'd be surprised how long it takes before maintenance is required.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 Logan

• 1,869 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 11:44 PM

Himalaya's Organique Toothpaste is the best out there IMO.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Silica, Toothpaste, Toothbrush

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users