Positive Results from Uridine, ALCAR, DHA, Vitamins

uridine depression bipolar ocd

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#1 JChief

• 636 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:47 AM

I recently started a new regimen. To start my day I take 500mg ALCAR on an empty stomach upon waking with my multivitamin drink (containing 1g of Vit C, Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide), Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine), Vitamin B12 (Hydroxycobalamin) among others. I've also been taking 50mg Triacetyluridine (TAU; fat soluble) with Fish Oil (providing 400mg DHA) both with breakfast. At that time I also take 4,000 IU Vitamin D3 & 50mcg Vitamin K2, and a different multivitamin drink containing Vitamin A & E, Calcium, Magnesium among others. Mid-afternoon I take another 500mg ALCAR w/ 1.5g piracetam.

I think I've discovered something most remarkable during my new regimen. I started noticing improved mood after the second day taking uridine/DHA and the rest. Now a week in and I am shocked to report that I am experiencing a very noticeable reduction in my OCD tendencies. For those that don't know, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, OCD, is an anxiety disorder and is characterized by recurrent, unwanted thoughts (obsessions) and/or repetitive behaviors (compulsions). My version of OCD is not an extreme case by any means. But I did suffer from feeling the need to check things repeatedly. And obsess over a certain concept and sometimes feel that is the only thing I wanted to talk about (potentially annoying to others let me assure you). I am an avid researcher and can get overly consumed by it at times. So anyway long story short I noticed I am not overcome with the urge to go back and re-visit websites or think about matters to the point it distracts me from work etc. And I'm curious as to just what in my new regimen could be playing a role, if any! I haven't read too much into uridine specifically being used for OCD but on a basic level it has been assumed that serotonin levels may play a role. The B-vitamins I have been taking (read: high quality vitamers ensuring high bioavailability i.e. hydroxocobalamin for B12) could certainly be playing a role: Vitamin B-3, or niacin, increases tryptophan, an amino acid, which is a precursor in producing serotonin, the Linus Pauling Institute notes. Vitamin B-6, or pyridoxine, also aids in serotonin and norepinephrine production. These chemicals are significant in calming mood and obsessive thoughts. Also uridine seems to help ease depression and from that article worth noting:

"If you think of the times when you've been sad or not feeling well, your brain doesn't feel like it has a lot of energy," Renshaw said. "There's a tremendous focus on creatine as an athletic supplement, but it turns out it's not only skeletal muscle that uses creatine to create energy, but also the brain."

Kondo said for some patients with bipolar illness, "We're actually treating people with uridine on its own."

"We're reducing depressive symptoms by at least 50 percent within a couple of weeks," Renshaw said. "The two things that are remarkable, is one: it's a very large effect; and two: it's happening very quickly."

Since it was mentioned in the article, creatine has been of interest to me as well (study). PQQ too. But, getting back on track, my current regimen is working very very well. I am experiencing less mood shifts. Example, the other day I was getting groceries and I did a terrible job of organizing the ingredients in what was a long list. So it became frustrating to have to look over the list again and again (I didn't have a pen) and the weather was terrible and it was taking much too long and I was going to be late getting back home to get to bed etc. and normally I would get SO flustered over something like this but for some reason I was still able to brush it off! Not a desirable situation at all but it didn't bug me in the usual ways. Also before going to bed I am notorious for thinking about things obsessively before sleep but I was able to just let them go for the most part. I feel that I am happier overall since starting this. Keep in mind I have not been clinically depressed at any point prior to this new regimen but I just feel ... great! Clear head. I feel less narrowly focused and am smiling more! It's hard to put into words even. It's not a manic euphoria or anything like that lol.. it's almost like a feeling of optimism? Haha hard to describe.

Piracetam and ALCAR seem to combine in a different way than when I was taking Choline citrate and then later Alpha GPC (which I only took for GH support for exercise). I added ALCAR at the same time I started uridine combo. Although rare, piracetam had the tendency to make me feel a bit hypomanic at times. Overly talkative, euphoric, go! go! go! yet all of a sudden do a 180 make me feel relaxed to the point of slumber if I let it. To put it another way: sleep was never an issue haha. Additionally, piracetam unfortunately would make my OCD worse. I was invigorated by it but nevertheless a lot of that brainpower would go to waste, essentially. ALCAR and I suspect uridine and "co-factors", due to the positive indications in bipolar disorder, has evened it out. Verbal fluency is still enjoyed from piracetam but it just feels "cleaner" .. eh hard to describe again. But it's not a bad thing. It's a smooth combination. No headaches, no sleepiness yet no issues falling asleep, and also waking up feeling well rested (even if I happen to only catch 6 or 7 hours instead of my solid 8). Another quick thing I'll mention is that I am now able to read and listen to music at the same time. Don't laugh at me hear me out! I never understood how people could listen to music while reading or attending to other things. I would get so distracted by this. But just tonight I was listening to music and decided, while listening, to research an issue real quick but it ended up requiring more reading that initially thought. But I never had to turn off the music and I was able to do both at once. For the first time ever. I know it's odd. But at least you should see that I notice the little things too. Kind of like how when I took piracetam for a bit I'd notice that my typing abilities were much improved. I would backspace much less and type with much more efficiency. You can roll your eyes all you want but you'll just have to believe me lol...

I want to thank Mr Happy for shamelessly plugging uridine as the solution to all that ails us ( ;) ) and bringing it to my attention because, well ... I think this is actually working :-D . And the reduced OCD tendencies have made me more productive. I am less distracted and feel my well-being is enhanced. Granted, this could all be placebo. But I have always been able to pay close attention to my body and there is something different. Something positive from this. Hopefully others can share more of their experiences as we go.

So far the biggest shocker here has not been the antidepressant effects (although welcome) from a mere 50mg TAU taken orally (when clinical trials would use in excess of 6 grams!). It has been the reduction of obsessive thoughts. I was not expecting this in the least. It has been too noticeable to ignore.

Edited by JChief, 07 December 2011 - 12:43 PM.

• like x 6

#2 JChief

• Topic Starter
  • 636 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:58 PM

Just an FYI for those considering creatine, as I am, for mood and/or cognitive reasons this study indicates that it helped those with unipolar depression but induced hypomania/mania in those with bipolar. So if you are bipolar or teeter on being so then do so at your own risk.

Creatine monohydrate in resistant depression: a preliminary study.

Roitman S, Green T, Osher Y, Karni N, Levine J.

Source

Ness Ziona Mental Health Center, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel.

Abstract

OBJECTIVES:

Creatine plays a pivotal role in brain energy homeostasis, and altered cerebral energy metabolism may be involved in the pathophysiology of depression. Oral creatine supplementation may modify brain high-energy phosphate metabolism in depressed subjects.
METHODS:

Eight unipolar and two bipolar patients with treatment-resistant depression were treated for four weeks with 3-5 g/day of creatine monohydrate in an open add-on design. Outcome measures were the Hamilton Depression Rating Scale, Hamilton Anxiety Scale, and Clinical Global Impression scores, recorded at baseline and at weeks 1, 2, 3 and 4.
RESULTS:

One patient improved considerably after one week and withdrew. Both bipolar patients developed hypomania/mania. For the remaining seven patients, all scale scores significantly improved. Adverse reactions were mild and transitory.
CONCLUSIONS:

This small, preliminary, open study of creatine monohydrate suggests a beneficial effect of creatine augmentation in unipolar depression, but possible precipitation of a manic switch in bipolar depression.

PMID: 17988366 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Edited by JChief, 07 December 2011 - 02:00 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Justchill

• 315 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:54 AM

Hi, where do you buy the uridine?

#4 JChief

• Topic Starter
  • 636 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:20 AM

Ecological Formulas is the only brand I've found that offers both TAU and UMP varieties in capsule form and you can buy from many places online. Google ecological forumlas uridine 300mg for the UMP variety (water soluble) or ecological formulas uridine 25mg for the TAU variety (fat soluble). That seems to return the best results. Many vendors are sold out. I bought my TAU from Swanson's as they have what appears to be the lowest price online for TAU (they do not carry the UMP variety). PureFormulas.com has been sold out of both types for weeks now. Also, superiornutraceuticals.com offers UMP bulk powder if you choose to go the bulk and/or sublingual route (which I haven't tried). It's a bit tricky to get to the product so to assist, once you are at the website, click Store (upper right) > Click 'Superior Nutraceuticals' (left side) > Click 'Cognitive' (left side) and you will see the 'Uridine-5'-Monophosphate disodium 25 Grams' sold there for ~$45.

Take TAU with food. UMP on empty stomach. Of the two only UMP will be absorbed sublingually if you so choose.

Edited by JChief, 08 December 2011 - 11:39 AM.

• like x 2

#5 JChief

• Topic Starter
  • 636 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:55 AM

Acetyl-L-carnitine reduces impulsive behavior in adolescent rats.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/15138763 "Consistent results were also obtained with methylphenidate"

Edited by JChief, 08 December 2011 - 11:57 AM.

#6 JChief

• Topic Starter
  • 636 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 December 2011 - 12:05 PM

I said above how low SE levels may contribute to OCD. I came across this study (not just the abstract; full study) which "suggests a novel mechanism through which dopamine controls human choice and, correspondingly, traits such as impulsiveness." Then I recall this (full) rat study finding "UMP/DHA treatment [...] significantly elevated striatal dopamine, tyrosine hydroxylase (TH) activity, TH protein and synapsin-1 on the lesioned side. Hence, giving uridine and DHA may partially restore dopaminergic neurotransmission"... plus the synapse formation enhancement is a nice bonus right? Sure! :happy: "The enhancement by uridine of neurite outgrowth is also mediated in part by UTP serving as a ligand for neuronal P2Y receptors. Moreover administration of uridine with DHA activates many brain genes, among them the gene for the m-1 metabotropic glutamate receptor [Cansev, et al, submitted]. This activation, in turn, increases brain levels of that gene's protein product and of such other synaptic proteins as PSD-95, synapsin-1, syntaxin-3 and F-actin, but not levels of non-synaptic brain proteins like beta-tubulin. Hence it is possible that giving uridine plus DHA triggers a neuronal program that, by accelerating phosphatide and synaptic protein synthesis, controls synaptogenesis. If administering this mix of phosphatide precursors also increases synaptic elements in brains of patients with Alzheimer 's disease, as it does in normal rodents, then this treatment may ameliorate some of the manifestations of the disease." link

Additionally I am curious if ALCAR is serving a similar role as CDP-Choline and Alpha GPC. Alpha GPC seemed to dampen the mood a little bit at times and would feel bogged down but only for a short while. I also noticed others stating similar axiogenic and/or depressive actions when taking CDP too. Perhaps ALCAR at the dose I am taking has a similar benefit? Could ALCAR increase uridine levels as the other choline precursors? I will continue to research. And I welcome everyones opinions. Attached File  oralcdpcholine.pdf   260.27KB   7 downloads

TAU, in particular, seemed to be the catalyst that gave the desired results in another personal account I've read from this great post from back in 2008 in the uridine+dha+choline thread. It's worth another look for those that are very curious about Uridine in combination with DHA and others.

"A good argument as to why CDP Choline (cytidine-5-diphosphocholine) may be inferior to Uridine/Triacetyluridine (TAU) and even standalone Cytidine comes from E.A.H. on his blog postings" (can be viewed in this post) <---- very interesting. Notable:

"When the researchers gave the rats cytidine-5'-diphosphocholine (a.k.a. citicoline, citicholine, CDP-choline, etc.), there was no net effect in the model of depression. Carlezon et al. (2002) found, however, that cytidine, by itself, produced an antidepressant effect. This is consistent with the articles showing antidepressant effects of uridine in animal models [one example: Carlezon et al., 2005: (http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/15705349)]. (They might just try leaving out the omega-3 fatty acids, in my opinion, but that's not relevant to the discussion.) The article by Carlezon et al. (2002) shows, in my opinion, that the choline that's liberated from CDP-choline (it's hydrolyzed into choline and cytidine in the intestinal tract and elevates plasma uridine, but not cytidine, in humans) doesn't do much of anything except block the antidepressant effect of cytidine. CDP-choline continues to be talked-up in the literature, and no one seems to be aware of the fact that using cytidine by itself would, in my opinion, be a much more sensible approach to increasing phosphatidylcholine levels in the brain (in comparison to cytidine and choline together)."

Edited by JChief, 08 December 2011 - 01:00 PM.

• like x 1

#7 JChief

• Topic Starter
  • 636 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:16 PM

So after further review it appears that ALCAR does not have a direct effect (at least I cannot find any studies) on uridine levels. But ALCAR may work well in tandem with uridine when it comes to nerve growth factor:

Tagliatatela G, Angelucci L, Ramacci MT, et al. “Acetyl-L-carnitine enhances the response of PC12 cells to nerve growth factor.” Brain Res Dev Brain Res. 1991 Apr 24;59(2):221-30.

Pooler Am, Guez DH, Benedictus R, et al. “Uridine enhances neurite outgrowth in nerve growth factor-differentiated PC12 [corrected].” Neuroscience. 2005; 134(1):207-14.

So with uridine providing the necessary components for cell membrane growth and memory-related neural signaling perhaps Gotu Kola might also be a beneficial addition. Scientists have identified two of gotu kola’s unique compounds — asiaticosides and asiatic acid — as being particularly active, sparking repair of damaged neurons and higher brain functioning in both animal and in vitro studies.

Soumyanth A, Zhong YP, Gold SA, et al. “Centella asiatica accelerates nerve regeneration upon oral administration and contains multiple fractions increasing neurite elongation in-vitro.” J Pharm Pharmacol. 2005 Sept;57(9):1221-9.

Of note, since it pertains to longevity, Li Ching-Yuen who practiced T'ai chi ch'uan might be the longest lived person in recorded history promoting the use of wild reishi, goji berry, wild ginseng, he shou wu and gotu kola along with other Chinese herbs (and supposedly survived 23 wives). Isn't that somethin' ;)

Edited by JChief, 08 December 2011 - 01:43 PM.

• like x 1

#8 bacopa

• Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 01:51 AM

nice one! I've noticed less ocd tendencies on ump and high dha, and some b's, it's hard knowing what's doing whta, at least for me, but clealry ump is doing lots.

keep us posted!

yes ocd was my biggest problem as a kid, if only we knew then what we know now!

#9 X_Danny_X

• 344 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:10 AM

i wonder if i have OCD
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#10 JChief

• Topic Starter
  • 636 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:47 AM

i wonder if i have OCD

I think a lot of people exhibit some of the symptoms but don't acknowledge it. Also I suspect much of the cause are imbalances due to one of two reasons: deficiency and/or toxicity. Proper nutrition is paramount. Supplementing given reduced food quality/lifestyle choices coupled with the toxic (and overcrowded if you ask me) environment we live in is also just as important, I think. Uridine appears to be one of the key factors in helping alleviate some issues I've noticed. Perhaps others may find this to be the case as well. That is, as long as we don't judge whether or not a given supplement "works" based on whether we feel high or not. I feel people many times set out to fix something that isn't as broken as they assume. The goal is to feel normal/attain homeostasis and if you experiment (as I like to do) I feel it should only be temporary if something makes you feel something other than normal. Not artificially euphoric or some other extreme. There is almost always a cost and usually a crash when things seem to work "too well". Because then you run into an issue where you are constantly putting out fires that you have created through trial and (seemingly all too abundant) error. Allow yourself to come down lest you overdo it might be all I'm trying to say...

Also, bipolar disorder and the manic episodes, and even OCD, can have some benefit but at a great cost. Lots of great minds suffered from mental illness. Regarding Winston Churchhill "Had he been a stable and equable man, he could never have inspired the nation. In 1940, when all the odds were against Britain, a leader of sober judgment might well have concluded that we were finished," wrote Anthony Storr about Churchill's bipolar disorder in Churchill's Black Dog, Kafka's Mice, and Other Phenomena of the Human Mind.

Edited by JChief, 09 December 2011 - 07:03 AM.

• like x 1

#11 X_Danny_X

• 344 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:05 PM

I am experiment as we speak. I am suffering from almost the same symptoms as you.

Since I am in college again, I doing work and for 15 minutes I have to stop and have the urge to just do something like move around. Sometimes I dive into my own little world and just start goofing around. Also when I accomplished a small task, I mean a very small task and nothing major, I feel to move around again, thinking I am done.

So far the noots are helping with increasing my intelligence and memory. Right now, I have improved in writing with my right hand (i am left handed) and my typing skills have increased in speed. However I still need to move around/get the urge do something when I am studying. Ritalin does help to a degree but doesnt stop it. Ritalin increases my libido and I start thinking about sex.

Edited by X_Danny_X, 09 December 2011 - 09:05 PM.

#12 JChief

• Topic Starter
  • 636 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 December 2011 - 06:40 AM

Good luck with it. Since it isn't something you feel immediately give it some time. Keep us posted!

#13 khemix

• 190 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 07:36 PM

You and MrHappy sound like street peddlers promoting this uridine. Alarm bells would normally be ringing saying SCAM SCAM SCAM. I'm not trying to insult you, just saying you seem overly optimistic about this nutrient which in fact can is a common sign of placebo. But I'm going to reserve judgement.

In fact, I'm going to go on a whim and try it just because blowing $100 on this can potentially save me $1000s next year. I've got some of the symptoms you've mentioned, like OCD (intense thoughts but no compulsions), but also have this hyper-excitability and impulsiveness. These are really screwing with my professional life right now. My plan is to purchase Uridine-5'-Monophosphate disodium from http://www.superiorn...tegory_Code=COG at 250mg daily and couple this with 400 DHA from some kind of oil (flax/fish). ALCAR and your vitamins are already part of my regime, with the exception of Hydroxycobalamin. I do however have pyritinol, sulbutiamine, and picamolin so I get direct brain delivery of key B vitamins. I have never heard of this TAU variety of uridine and if possible could you list where I can buy it from (that ships to Canada) and if my dosing should be different than UMP? I will update in about a months time when I will try it out for atleast a couple of weeks.
  • Ill informed x 1

#14 protoject

• 952 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:50 PM

I'm not noticing the same benefits as you are and I have similar problems. I'm using uridine/tau, citicoline and omega-3, and one cap of oxiracetam. Yesterday it seemed things were getting better but as usual everything bad came back again today. Really sucks, I often feel like I'm wasting my time and money with these matters, and that there are no conceivable answers for me, and I'll be stuck in a pit of depravity for my entire life. But for now I'll keep my head up and keep looking for the answers. hopefully this ends up being beneficial, I just think I'm really figuratively at the end of my rope here.... unfortunately. Glad it's working out for you though.

#15 protoject

• 952 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:52 PM

Hi, where do you buy the uridine?

I got both UMP and TAU uridines from BAYHO, and take the TAU along with fats.

#16 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:12 AM

Sorry to hear. Have you tried the UMP sublingually? Tip your head back and twist the cap open and dump under your tongue. That's what works for me. Although the effect seemed a little stronger with the bulk powder, I'm currently using caps sublingually with positive results.

#17 MrHappy

• Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:50 AM

I'm not noticing the same benefits as you are and I have similar problems. I'm using uridine/tau, citicoline and omega-3, and one cap of oxiracetam. Yesterday it seemed things were getting better but as usual everything bad came back again today. Really sucks, I often feel like I'm wasting my time and money with these matters, and that there are no conceivable answers for me, and I'll be stuck in a pit of depravity for my entire life. But for now I'll keep my head up and keep looking for the answers. hopefully this ends up being beneficial, I just think I'm really figuratively at the end of my rope here.... unfortunately. Glad it's working out for you though.

Just checking, but how long have you been on it and are you taking the other cofactors - b group vitamins, etc?

Also, can you give us some background on the problems you are trying to solve and any existing supplements or meds you might be taking?

#18 JChief

• Topic Starter
  • 636 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:00 AM

Thanks. What issues were you coping with currently? Just OCD-like behavior or mood swings/depressive symptoms? If it's mood issues/depressive symptoms I would recommend switching from citicoline to ALCAR (500mg on empty stomach morning and afternoon works fine for me) and maybe give the oxi a rest for a few days and see if just DHA+uridine+ALCAR+multivitamin helps. If you want to stick with citicoline (I remember you saying it has worked well for you in other posts) and you started your uridine regimen recently it just may be an issue of giving it more time. Have you surpassed the two week mark? I have not taken piracetam for several days now. I still feel great. And for some odd reason I don't really feel the need right now. I like how I feel without. Main reason being, I liked how piracetam would keep me mentally sharp, but uridine/ALCAR/DHA and perhaps the added vitamins do this just the same. So perhaps swapping CDP for ALCAR, giving oxi a rest for a bit, and/or giving it more time may be an option. Another suggestion might be to up your TAU dose. I am taking 100mg TAU per day with my first meal of the day currently. Let me know your thoughts on this.

I wanted to also let everyone know that I am pretty convinced now that this combo works well for those that aren't getting adequate sleep. I feel I need to sleep just a little bit less than before. And it doesn't seem to catch up to me later. Here it is 4am and I was only able to sleep for about 5 hours during the day because I am working the night shift again. While this isn't something I want to keep doing long term I change my sleep schedule so that I can be up during the day on the weekends and then go back to sleeping during the day 4 days during the week. Before I started uridine I would require racetams to stay sharp in spite of feeling sleepy but I am awake, alert without a racetam. :)

Edited by JChief, 13 December 2011 - 10:09 AM.

#19 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:32 PM

What would happen if you took too much TAU? i've been going in on this. Took 100 mg today. Now another 25 mg under the tounge with 1 CDP choline and some DHA+ B vitamins.

#20 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:45 PM

I've been using 300mg UMP bid sublingually (total 600mg) + 75mg TAU (split 3 25mg doses) and feel good....focused, improved clarity and feel on top of my game...definite improvement. And waking up at 4am every morning wide awake and good to go while before would drag myself out of bed at 5:30am.

#21 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:47 PM

Can't edit on my phone :-( but wanted to add....i think most of the effect is from the 600mg sublingual UMP.

#22 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 06:24 PM

Can't edit on my phone :-( but wanted to add....i think most of the effect is from the 600mg sublingual UMP.

You take all of it at the same time? Wot bout fish oil and other cofactors, u skipped that? I have not felt what you are feeling, im only 5 days in though. I assume you have taken it for a long time.

#23 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:24 PM

I'm about a month in. I started feeling dramatic effects though in the first 5 or 6 days. I take 300mg UMP sublingual at 6:30am and another 300mg sublingual at 6pm. Take 250mg CDP, 500mg ALC, 500mg resveratrol, 500mg tyrosine, 1g of blueberry extract, and 1Tbsp lecithin with each dose. Take 6 grams reg fish oil (2g each meal). Take B complex at lunch. The only thing that has changed in my regimen in the past 6 months + is the uridine.

#24 spider

• 181 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:49 PM

Nito! You have to be more patient. Also, I'm guessing your dosage is much too low.

Edited by spider, 14 December 2011 - 07:50 PM.

#25 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:35 PM

@ Nito ....I just realized you were taking 200mg modafinil. Modafinil is a strong drug and may be masking the obvious effects I'm experiencing. But that doesn't mean you aren't still experiencing benefits....just that you may not be able to "feel" the changes.a

#26 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:27 PM

@ Nito ....I just realized you were taking 200mg modafinil. Modafinil is a strong drug and may be masking the obvious effects I'm experiencing. But that doesn't mean you aren't still experiencing benefits....just that you may not be able to "feel" the changes.a

I hear ya . I took 200 mg modafinil with 75 mg wakalert with the uridine combo today. That's almost 350 mg modafinil. Perhaps i should ease on that one.

#27 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:29 PM

Nito! You have to be more patient. Also, I'm guessing your dosage is much too low.

Yea you are right. But i am taking more than 100 mg TAU each day, sometimes i take on of those 4 pills sublingualy. TAU is meant to be more powerful so i'm not sure whether 100 mg is enough or not. You suggest i try 200 mg, 10 TAU pills a day?

#28 j03

• 592 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:39 PM

Doesn't choline make OCD worse? How can that combo be helping your OCD?

#29 MrHappy

• Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:44 AM

Dopamine is modulated by uridine, so the antidopaminergic effects of choline aren't really an issue. If you are worried about it, I'd probably suggest introducing choline slowly to the stack after 2 weeks without it.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:40 AM

Damn almost been up 24 hours trying to finish this paper due in less than 24 hours. I've been drinking relentless energy drink, had 350mg modalert, at least 200 mg TAU, b comples, 750 mg CDP Choline, 2000mg DHA, a few liters of water. Mealwise in these 24 hours? 1 burger :/
Somethings killing my apetitite. But i can't believe im still productive. I only had 4 hours of sleep. This can't be good for my health.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: uridine, depression, bipolar, ocd

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Topic Led By