- - - - -

Study aid - legal amphetamine substitutes

study aid concentration focus

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 nidhogg

• 66 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:13 PM

I have occasionally been using ephedrine to help me study and its been helpful to a certain degree, disregarding the "shattered focus", its still better than nothing. I want something more mind-focused like methylphenidate or amphetamine, unfortunately i do not have a source for such drugs.

I have noticed an increasing number of internet sources for amphetamine and phenethylamine substitutes and the only info im able to gather is the one for recreational use and euphoric effects, which i am not interested in.

Is there anyone that has experience with some of these legal amphetamine substitutes that could be recommended, in small doses and infrequent use, for study aid? Preferably nothing overly neurotoxic

#2 Steve_86

• 266 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:41 PM

Nothing comes close to amphetamine. 1-3 dimethylamine is your best bet but its really only a little better than caffeine.

If you really want methylphenidate or amphetamine go to a psychiatrist.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 summer stars

• 26 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 02:22 AM

I was going to suggest 1,3dimethylamylamine too. I've used it and it's an interesting supplement. In my experience, it doesn't give me any jitters like caffeine does, but it also doesn't provide as much energy. It does improve my focus a lot...clean-your-entire-apartment focus. But as it starts to wear off, for the rest of the day I feel less focus and more tired than before I took it. Taking another capsule gives mixed results...sometimes it improves focus again, sometimes it just makes me feel scatterbrained and lousy.

#4 nidhogg

• Topic Starter
  • 66 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:32 AM

1,3 DMAA crash is horrible, learned it the hard way. Used to take it in a PWO supplement some time ago. Never tried it for studying though so i might give it a go

As far as going to the psychiatrist goes, i might aswell save me the money and trouble dealing with incompetent doctors and instead purchase street speed somewhere in the ghetto. But im not going to do that.

I was thinking of something in the line of 2-flouroamphetamine, 6APB, ethylphenidate and other thousands of designer crap out there.
From what i could gather 2-FA seems closely related to amphetamine in terms of effects, without the cardiac side effects of 4-FA, and little to no euphoria(which is a good thing in my case).

Again, we are not talking about recreational doses
  • like x 1

#5 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:00 PM

2FMC and 3FMC are close to amphetamine, i found the 2FMC more simular, stay with the amphetamine analogues that have a fluor group to avoid the toxiticy seen with the other 4 substituted amphetamine's. 2FMC and 3FMC have as downside a shorther duration because of the beta ketone group, i havent tried the amphetamine variations.

And as last keep in mind research chemicals have unknown risks.

#6 nidhogg

• Topic Starter
  • 66 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 11:58 PM

2FMC and 3FMC are close to amphetamine, i found the 2FMC more simular, stay with the amphetamine analogues that have a fluor group to avoid the toxiticy seen with the other 4 substituted amphetamine's. 2FMC and 3FMC have as downside a shorther duration because of the beta ketone group, i havent tried the amphetamine variations.

FMC are substituted cathinones, cant really imagine them being close to amphetamine. Cathinone sucks in general due to the high peripheral affinity and a racing heart isnt really something to hang on the christmas tree.

Have you tried any of the halogen amphetamine derivatives? Seems like chloro is the only one without significant neurotoxicity due to the lack of serotonergic acttivity

#7 jangdub

• 2 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:59 PM

NO FLUORO IS THE ONLY ONE THAT IS NOT NEUROTOXIC.

Sorry for the caps, but that is quite important. Fluoro is not neurotoxic. All other halogens are for stimulant cathinones and stimulant amphetamines.

#8 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:32 PM

I'd be interested to hear how the PWO Craze works for you. The focus it gives me during workouts is far superior to 1,3, which is more caffeine-like.

#9 Orajel

• 138 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:36 PM

Phenethylamine with an MAOI would be a lot like amphetamine. If you don't want to try depranyl for MAO inhibition, rhodiola + passion flower + black pepper + turmeric will inhibit MAOI.

#10 jonnyD

• 181 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:29 PM

2-FA is really really close to amphetamine.

But all these RCs are not for long term use... just too risky.

#11 panax

• 10 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:25 AM

Phenethylamine with an MAOI would be a lot like amphetamine. If you don't want to try depranyl for MAO inhibition, rhodiola + passion flower + black pepper + turmeric will inhibit MAOI.

I ordered 100gs of PEA last summer with some black pepper extract as an MAOI. Didn't do dick. Maybe about 20 minutes of increased mood, more talkative, etc. Supplementing with PEA could also cause sexual dysfunction, as PEA is naturally released during sex. It's not worth the time imo.

#12 Luminosity

• 2,000 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:32 AM

This is a terrible idea.

#13 jadamgo

• 701 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:47 PM

Pseudoephedrine has similar effects as ephedrine, but with less body load. It is more selective for the central nervous system over the peripheral nervous system. You could also achieve similar effects with phenylephrine in a sufficient dose, though it may do undesirable things to your blood pressure.

There's always high-dose piracetam (3-5 grams per dose), or oxiracetam, or pramiracetam. Those compounds stimulate the mind exclusively, not the body. They are far safer than messing around with unapproved monoaminergic research chemicals like the phenethylamine derivatives.

#14 Tukotih Doji

• 36 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:35 PM

Fluorinated amphetamines have been found to be possibly neurotoxic, or well, so I've read in some thread on Bluelight.

And my 2 cents on stimulants as study aids:
I've used methylphenidate in the past, after half a year of experimenting with Nootropics I find that I no longer need it.
Noopept, DMAE and Piracetam helped me the most, good luck.

Edited by Tukotih Doji, 26 May 2012 - 05:36 PM.

#15 Solipsis

• 18 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:37 AM

Halogenated amphetamines are generally neurotoxic indeed, but fluorine is a bit different as a chemical moiety than the other ones: for example it is quite quite small. Of course still very electronegative but the steric hindrance should be much less. From what we know it seems the fluorinated ones aren't really that toxic but I understand if people would just rather stay away altogether. Definitely stay away from stuff like brephedrone (bromo-mephedrone... probably quite harmful, yet it is available)

2-FA resembles dexamphetamine most of the fluoramphs in my opinion. 3 and 4 are exceedingly more serotonergic and effective for other purposes than studying. Forget about the (meth)cathinone and methamphetamine varieties, they are probably more harmful and also more meant for recreation.

PEAs with deprenyl is a quite dangerous plan and I would always recommend against such things. I have tried beta-PEA on it's own and it gave a very warm and sweet feeling but it was extremely fleeting, went away in not more than a few minutes. So gave up on that. Didn't even improve attention, only lovey-dovey stuff.

Desoxypipradrol always seemed like an interesting one on paper and I still have it lying around, have it for years now I think. But it can easily spiral out of control with that one. Very tricky shit if you cross the line with it. And sleep is virtually impossible for a good time afterwards, probably the entire following night. If you take a little more than necessary and add a little extra to get that nice little boost-y feeling, then possibly the next thing you know is that you can't sleep for multiple nights and get into an amphetamine-psychosis like state pretty damn fast. Which is why I still dare not touch it with a 10 ft pole.

Ethylphenidate felt alright to me, maybe a little more useful than methylphenidate.

My advice is: modafinil.

And potentially in the future (I have yet to try it): other racetams than the piracetam I have yet used extensively (such as aniracetam) and Noopept. I have no use for studying myself but to make cartoon work and to put some hours into music production, who knows how useful they can be. And - including modafinil - relatively much safer than the truly monoamine releasing or reuptake inhibiting stims.
Onto the next generation of drugs!

(I think there was another ampakine peptide available on Russian prescription but alas I forgot the name!)

Edited by Solipsis, 19 July 2012 - 03:41 AM.

• like x 1

#16 nidhogg

• Topic Starter
  • 66 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:38 AM

Great posts

I decided to stay away from the halogenated amphetamines alltogether because i didnt like their reported pharmacokinetic profile.

Since my first post i think ive tried most nootropics available on the market. Most of them gave me zero short-term benefts whatsoever, some gave very slight but not worth the money. One stood out from the rest, aniracetam, which gives me a stimulating headrush at about 1g dose.

Tried:
Alcar + CDP Choline
Alcar + CDP Choline + Piracetam
Alcar + CDP Choline + Oxiracetam
Alcar + CDP Choline + Pramiracetam
Alcar + CDP Choline + Aniracetam
Alcar + CDP Choline + Noopept(from cerebral health)
Sulbutiamine
Picamilon
Theanine
+ Several other health-benefit supplements that arent supposed to have pronounced nootropic effects

Im keeping alcar and cdp choline(or other choline precursor) for simple health reasons, aniracetam has proven to be "acutely" beneficial which is what im mostly looking for. Piracetam is so cheap its almost a sin not to have although i only felt it slightly after chronic administration

Im looking for other nootropics to try.

Huperzine is off the table due to possible post-treatment cholinergic system downregulation and i cant afford to have a down time. Not to mention NMDA antagonism and possible neurotoxicity, although it has been shown to increase NGF ni rats
Vinpocetine supposedly depletes catecholamine levels quite fast

I have read that phenylpiracetam blows all others out of the water and is being prescribed in russia as a supplement, anyone tried it?

Also, hopefully wont be long til the release of some more potent ampakines which are currently now in phase 3 trial

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#17 panax

• 10 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:58 PM

I've heard that phenylpiracetam is actually not all that it is hyped up to be. Although there is a bit of stimulation along with the cognitive enhancement of the racetam, it costs an ass load of cash for not a whole lot more therapeutic value.

Cortex Pharmaceuticals is currently developing ampakines but not for ADHD (which they really should be developing for... Fuck the FDA). I believe you can still order custom synthesis of their drugs and I've actually read a few articles on Longecity about users experiences with these drugs.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: study aid, concentration, focus

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users