Podcast with Danila Medvedev

danila medvedev transhumanism cryonics russia

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:38 PM

I have scheduled an interview (for podcast) this Friday with Danila Medvedev. If there is one person who is most involved in the many fields surrounding indefinite life extension it is Mr Medvedev. From cryonics to transhumanism to anti-aging research Danila plays a part in all of them within Russia.

More details to come.

Please list any questions you have for Danila here in the forum and I will be sure to address them.

Attached File  danila.jpg   5.6KB   0 downloads

• like x 1

#2 Mind

• Topic Starter
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:03 PM

There are three main topics I will make sure to cover during the interview:

Cryonics in Russia, particularly with respect to Kriorus.

Transhumanism in Russia

The Science Against Aging project. Check this thread for more details. Here is another short discussion.

If you have any questions regarding these three subject matters, please state them in this forum.

#3 Mind

• Topic Starter
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:55 AM

One of the more interesting aspects of Russian society that has been viewed as positive for cryonics and life extension research is a more favorable political and regulatory climate. The recent elections produced a bit of a power shift. I will ask Danila what effect he thinks this will have on various movements/projects in Russia.

Edited by Mind, 16 December 2011 - 07:55 AM.

#4 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:11 PM

There is the Russian 2045 movement going on over there too. It have read their mission statement a few times, it seems to be like the Transhuman movement, but a little broader.

In part,

We believe that the world needs a different ideological paradigm. Within its framework it is necessary to form an underlying objective capable of pointing out a new direction for the development of all mankind and ensuring the achievement of a scientific and technical revolution.

The new ideology should assert, as one of its priorities, the necessity of using breakthrough technology for an improvement of man himself and not only of his environment.

We believe that it is possible and necessary to eliminate aging and even death, and to overcome the fundamental limits of the physical and mental capabilities currently set by the restrictions of the physical body.

Steven Seagal wrote their Prime Minister a letter, then later the Russian Ministry of Education signed on, but then didn't the Prime Minister also end up meeting with the movement?

I have wondered why they tagged Russia on to the name. International competition might help drive things along, but then also I have never seen this as anything less than a world initiative.

#5 Mind

• Topic Starter
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:58 PM

There ended up being some scheduling/timing problems today so the interview will be re-scheduled for the near future. This means you still have time to get your questions in.

Thanks for your input BP!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: danila medvedev, transhumanism, cryonics, russia

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users