- - - - -

Nefiracetam Experiences.

nefiracetam; nootropics

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Sovr'gnChancellor£

• 56 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:45 PM

I've looked in the search function and even with a number of threads on this site, there doesn't seem to be much about experiences with this racetam.

So, if you have had nefiracetam (preferably for a good amount of time), what were/are your experiences?

P.S. What's all this about testicular toxicity? Weren't the doses for the dogs very high?

#2 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:33 AM

Medevil would probably have some more comments on it but here's my two cents on the toxicity issues.

There is a conversion that needs to be done between different sized animals for dose adjustment. It's called allometric scaling and there are a couple ways to do it. Chrono's post in this link goes into great detail about different ways of doing it and the benefits of each.

I haven't done a detailed report on nefiracetam, but I did a one month trial of it, some of that experience was recorded in this post. There are a few people on this forum that can probably be more helpful, hopefully they get a chance to give their input.
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Sovr'gnChancellor£

• Topic Starter
  • 56 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:43 AM

Medevil would probably have some more comments on it but here's my two cents on the toxicity issues.

There is a conversion that needs to be done between different sized animals for dose adjustment. It's called allometric scaling and there are a couple ways to do it. Chrono's post in this link goes into great detail about different ways of doing it and the benefits of each.

I haven't done a detailed report on nefiracetam, but I did a one month trial of it, some of that experience was recorded in this post. There are a few people on this forum that can probably be more helpful, hopefully they get a chance to give their input.

Cheers, thankyou.

As you can see, I'm still investigating all the racetams (BTW, I've emailed a chinese supplier about coluracetam and I await their reply...)

#4 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 08:13 PM

My feedback regarding NEFIRACETAM is as follows:

Dosages used: 50mg, 25mg, and 10mg; all once daily per orally.

Positive Effects Experienced: Increased mental clarity (though less so than PRAMIRACETAM at equal doses)

Side Effects Experienced: INCREASED anxiety; SEXUAL SIDES (reduced libido, reduced seminal volume); SLEEP DISRUPTION; IRRITABILITY; MOOD DISRUPTION; DEPRESSION; LOSS OF SELF-CONFIDENCE; AMOTIVATION

(N.B. Interestingly, I experienced ALL of these same side effects with NOOPEPT)

I should add that whilst I do not get along at all well with NEFIRACETAM, ANIRACETAM or NOOPEPT, I respond VERY WELL to PIRACETAM, PRAMIRACETAM and OXIRACETAM.

Edited by ScienceGuy, 21 January 2012 - 08:15 PM.

#5 Baten

• 785 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:33 PM

I had hardly any side effects with nefiracetam, and found that it actually countered the side effects of the other racetams.
I found a pramiracetam + 100-150mg nefiracetam combo very viable and very strong.
Guess you're just sensitive to the stuff, ScienceGuy.
  • like x 1

#6 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:08 AM

I hated Nefiracetam. I did make me focused but I just felt weird. Really numb and slightly depressed. I could feel the gabergic effects and a slight reduction in anxiety but it made cigaretttes taste funny sort of like wellbutrin and made me as numb as I've ever been. I through 70 dollars of it away. Sucked, I really had high hopes for the stuff. I'm really in touch with my emotions and how I feel so maybe I noticed it more so than some people or maybe I just had a different reaction not sure but it sucked plain and simple.

#7 skypower

• 42 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:08 PM

where can you buy it online?

#8 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:20 PM

HERE:

INTELLIMEDS - NEFIRACETAM

AND HERE:

NOOTROPIC HUB - NEFIRACETAM

#9 jackinbox

• 452 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:27 PM

I started experimenting with nefiracetam last week. I don't have a precise scale so it's a bit tricky. at around 150 mg I don't feel anything so far. At 300 mg I feel pressure in my head. I have to say that I stayed in isolation the whole time. Maybe it's in social situation that I will see a difference. I report back when results get more conclusive.

#10 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:24 PM

I started experimenting with nefiracetam last week. I don't have a precise scale so it's a bit tricky. at around 150 mg I don't feel anything so far. At 300 mg I feel pressure in my head. I have to say that I stayed in isolation the whole time. Maybe it's in social situation that I will see a difference. I report back when results get more conclusive.

I have the same reaction of pressure in my head whenever i go over 300mg in a single dose. Try upping your choline... I almost never suggest this for other racetams but nefi is very cholinergic and I've gotten relief in the past from the head pressure through choline supplementing.

But in general the effects aren't that much different from the 300mg and beyond dosages (not everyone agrees w/ that).

#11 Googoltarian

• 113 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:15 PM

Maybe a little off-topic, but this whole balls issue makes me think dogs may metabolize it differently. Nefiracetam could be degraded by hydrolysis to 2,6-dimethylaniline, and anilines are toxic, and generally can cause cancer. Apparently humans don`t metabolize it to 2,6-dimethylaniline:
Attached File  nefi2.GIF   18.86KB   18 downloads

What I meant about aniline formation:
Attached File  nefi.gif   2.1KB   16 downloads
  • like x 3

#12 protoject

• 952 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:22 AM

HERE:

INTELLIMEDS - NEFIRACETAM

AND HERE:

NOOTROPIC HUB - NEFIRACETAM

Also www.ktbotanicals.com

#13 protoject

• 952 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:26 PM

It's hard for me to comment on nefiracetam. I got it a week or two ago and am experimenting with it now. However I was taking it with alpha-gpc which i think may confound the result so today i have not used alpha-gpc.

First I started using it at 1200 mg for 2 days. I notice that there was a focus enhancing effect but that there was also an emotional blunting effect, going along with others who have said it is demotivating, makes you apathetic, numbed out etc. I also tried at 600 mg for 2 days. Same effect but less so. Even though I made it sound negative, it does kind of calm you down. It's just that I don't find it mind opening or mind clearing, but rather, helps you to be less disturbed. I am more focused, but the reason for that is because I just don't care enough to get distracted. Pretty much the same thing at 100 mg doses which I took for 2 days as well, but the effect did seem less pronounced.

What I just wrote was all while I was taking it with Alpha GPC. Also I tried this with and without food. Not sure if there was a notable difference except potency may have been higher and onset took longer when taken with food.

Today I took 600 mg in the morning, and 600 mg in the afternoon. [it is now only about an hour after my second dose]. This time I didn't take alpha GPC. But also, I did something else different this time...

Last night I bought a good quality coconut milk which gives something like 25% of my daily fat intake per 100 mL.
This morning I took nefiracetam with this coconut milk. Both doses were taken with about 100 mL of the coconut milk.
I didn't think this would make a difference, but it appears that the nootropic effect from the nefiracetam is coming on stronger. In fact, it's a bit like oxiracetam in its nootropic effect, and dare I say there is somewhat of a stimulating effect, yet it still has the mood-stabilizing effect which people [i.e. MeDieVel] mentioned. Also it has a kind of nice body awareness effect, which I know for sure others have mentioned but now I am experiencing it myself. Like your body can definitely tell that you've taken a drug. At times it has been a dulling effect, but today it has been a pleasant body effect; almost somewhat opiating [but not mind muddling nor fatigue producing. I might even dare to call it a pain-numbing effect]. Also I have increased body awareness. It's a bit hard to describe. It's like this: when I rub my finger across my neck, the bodily sensation is more fine, that is, I can feel more precisely the position of where my finger is, as my mind is measuring smaller bits of information across the stretch of my neck that I'm stroking.

Quite interesting indeed but the jury is still out on this one for me. I don't want to jump the gun; perhaps I'll post again about this.

Other supplements currently being taken: 200 mcg of Methylene Blue.

Edited by protoject, 11 February 2012 - 07:38 PM.

#14 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:04 AM

Aside from the possible TESTICULAR TOXICITY concerns, there is in fact another reason to avoid prolonged usage of NEFIRACETAM for the medium to long-term... see THIS thread for details: NEFIRACETAM - Another reason to avoid prolonged usage :)

#15 protoject

• 952 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:45 PM

Looking back on using nefiracetam, I have to say the overall experience was negative. It's very hard to explain though. it's pretty much like my senses are underwater and that I'm inhibited. It's like my senses are hitting a brickwall and I "cant do anything". I feel so stupefied. Among many of the side effects that science guy mentioned.

However ...
I did notice as I went to bed that I would start having intense connection with memories from a long long time ago and I think this was a memory enhancing effect. The word "LTP" comes to mind and I feel like this experience makes me understand LTP or believe the substance can help with that. Actually I don't think I've ever truly understood LTP subjectively except because of Nefiracetam [and much less so with other racetams]. Also I maintain that it has potential for increasing focus and stabilizing mood.

I've decided that nefiracetam does in fact have potential for enhancing the brain and cognitive functions if it were taken every single day on a constant basis. however I think the normal dosages people take are far too high for me. I've actually made a solution today - 250mL of hot water with 600 mg of nefiracetam. I decided I will scoop out 5mL per day [12 mg of nefiracetam] . The nefiracetam has seemed to actually dissolve in the hot water and its melting point is in the hundreds range somewhere. I'm guessing it's not degraded or anything as its boiling point is like 458.5 °C ..

So yeah I'm gonna take like 12 mg a day and see if anything interesting happens. If there's no adverse effect I will take it for months. I will raise the dose slightly if I notice no adverse effect after a week [maybe I'll double it to 24 mg] and will repeat that raise if there is still no side effect. and if I notice any adverse effect I will return to the lower dose.

Edited by protoject, 04 July 2012 - 11:46 PM.

#16 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:01 AM

doses above 200mg felt toxic to me, as well as having the effects you describe. to me it felt a lot like a forced state of mind very similar feeling to when in deep meditation. I stopped trying it because as far as I remember even 100mg upset my body slightly and I gave up at that point.

#17 protoject

• 952 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:55 AM

Ok, I've been on 12mg for 5 days, actually one of those days I took 24mg. Anyway here's what I notice [and it was the same before but i didn't mention it]... muscle tension, anxiety, restlessness, sleeping problems, stupefied/horrible scatty focus. Yeah real thrilling. guess I should have taken the hint in round 1 but I couldn't help but try. Makes me feel kinda jittery, I think there was a hint of motivation in there but the restlessness and anxiety overbear it.

Edited by protoject, 11 July 2012 - 03:56 AM.

#18 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:32 AM

I've tried looking for Nefiracetam experiences.. There don't seem to be that many. This is half meant as a 'bump'; is anyone else willing to add their experience with Nefi? Anyway, I'll be trying Nefiracetam soon, so unless I notice nothing at all, I'll update here. Experiences seem to be 50/50 regarding positive/negative experiences, plus the testicular toxicity thing seems a bit exaggerated, so I'm gonna give it a shot.

Edited by formergenius, 06 October 2013 - 08:32 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#19 Stormy

• 27 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

Nefiracetam is really hit-or-miss for me. Sometimes it gives me incredible focus, mental clarity, and the ability to string words together with all sorts of artistry and precision. Other times, it brainfogs me to hell. I never know which one I'm going to get, and I'm not sure what the X factor might be that determines which way it's going to go. I also build up a tolerance hella quick. If I try and use it more than twice in the same week, the third time does nothing at all, and the second time is significantly weaker than the first.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users