• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 14 votes

PIRACETAM DOSAGE - Why you should be taking 4.8 grams / dose

piracetam racetam memory nootropic cognitive cognition learning pramiracetam oxiracetam aniracetam

• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

#1 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:55 AM

There seems to be quite a bit of misconception regards what dosage you should be taking of PIRACETAM, in that there appears to be far too many people taking very low dosages of PIRACETAM and then wondering "WHY DOESN'T IT WORK?”.

Therefore, I thought I’d post this thread to help increase the number of people benefitting from this wonderful NOOTROPIC.

With regards to PIRACETAM dosage you should be taking individual doses of no less than 4.8 GRAMS PER DOSE;

and a TOTAL DAILY DOSAGE of 9.6 GRAMS (or more) :)

There exists conclusive substantiated evidence that demonstrates this; as well as the fact that lower doses are either wholly ineffective or provide significantly reduced efficacy.

For example, see the following:

Neuropsychobiology. 1993;28(4):212-21.

Single doses of piracetam affect 42-channel event-related potential microstate maps in a cognitive paradigm.

Michel CM, Lehmann D.

Source
Department of Neurology, University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland.

Abstract
We examined whether a single administration of piracetam produces dose-dependent effects on brain functions in healthy young men. In 6 subjects, 42-channel event-related EEG potential maps (ERP) were recorded during a task requiring subjects to watch single digits presented in a pseudorandom order on a screen and to press a button after all triplets of three consecutive odd or even digits. The ERP maps to the three digits of the correctly detected triplets were analyzed in terms of their mapped ERP field configuration (landscape). Different landscapes of the maps indicate different configuration of the activated neural population and therefore reflect different functional microstates of the brain. In order to identify these microstates, adaptive segmentation of the map series based on their landscapes was done. Nineteen time segments were found. These segments were tested for direct effects on brain function of three single doses of piracetam (2.9, 4.8 or 9.6 g) and a placebo given double-blind in balanced order. Piracetam mainly affected the map landscape of the time segments following the triplet's last digit. U-shaped dose-dependent effects were found; they were strongest after [single doses of] 4.8 g piracetam. Since these particular ERP segments are recognized to be strongly correlated to cognitive functions, the present findings suggest that single medium [4.8 g] doses of piracetam selectively activate differently located or oriented neurons during cognitive steps of information processing.

PMID: 8272204

The above study demonstrates that the optimum dosage of PIRACETAM for COGNITION is individual doses of 4.8 grams PIRACETAM, per each dose.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 1998 Mar;64(3):344-8.

Piracetam relieves symptoms in progressive myoclonus epilepsy: a multicentre, randomised, double blind, crossover study comparing the efficacy and safety of three dosages of oral piracetam with placebo.

Koskiniemi M, Van Vleymen B, Hakamies L, Lamusuo S, Taalas J.

Source
Haartman Institute, Department of Virology, University of Helsinki, Finland.

Abstract

OBJECTIVE:
To compare the efficacy, tolerability, and safety of three daily dosage regimens of oral piracetam in patients with progressive myoclonus epilepsy.

METHODS:
Twenty patients (12 men, eight women), aged 17-43 years, with classical Unverricht-Lundborg disease were enrolled in a multicentre, randomised, double blind trial of crossover design in which the effects of daily doses of 9.6 g, 16.8 g, and 24 g piracetam, given in two divided doses, were compared with placebo. The crossover design was such that patients received placebo and two of the three dosage regimens of piracetam, each for two weeks, for a total treatment period of six weeks and thus without wash out between each treatment phase. The primary outcome measure was a sum score representing the adjusted total of the ratings of six components of a myoclonus rating scale in which stimulus sensitivity, motor impairment, functional disability, handwriting, and global assessments by investigators and patients were scored. Sequential clinical assessments were made by the same neurologist in the same environment at the same time of day.

RESULTS:
Treatment with 24 g/day piracetam produced significant and clinically relevant improvement in the primary outcome measure of mean sum score (p=0.005) and in the means of its subtests of motor impairment (p=0.02), functional disability (p=0.003), and in global assessments by both investigator (p=0.002) and patient (p=0.01). Significant improvement in functional disability was also found with daily doses of 9.6 g and 16.8 g. The dose-effect relation was linear and significant. More patients showed clinically relevant improvement with the highest dosage and, in individual patients, increasing the dose improved response. Piracetam was well tolerated and adverse effects were few, mild, and transient.

CONCLUSIONS:
This study provides further evidence that piracetam is an effective and safe medication in patients with Unverricht-Lundborg disease. In addition, it shows that a dose of 24 g is highly beneficial, more effective than lower doses and that a dose-effect relation exists. There is considerable variation in optimal individual dosage.

PMID: 9527146

The above study demonstrates that PIRACETAM is SAFE when taken at doses up to and including 24 grams total daily; and PIRACETAM’s therapeutic effects are dosage dependent.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Int J Psychophysiol. 1999 Oct;34(1):81-7.

Single-dose piracetam effects on global complexity measures of human spontaneous multichannel EEG.

Kondakor I, Michel CM, Wackermann J, Koenig T, Tanaka H, Peuvot J, Lehmann D.

Source
The KEY Institute for Brain-Mind Research, University Hospital of Psychiatry, Zurich, Switzerland.

Abstract
Global complexity of 47-channel resting electroencephalogram (EEG) of healthy young volunteers was studied after intake of a single dose of a nootropic drug (piracetam, Nootropil UCB Pharma) in 12 healthy volunteers. Four treatment levels were used: 2.4, 4.8, 9.6 g piracetam and placebo. Brain electric activity was assessed through Global Dimensional Complexity and Global Omega-Complexity as quantitative measures of the complexity of the trajectory of multichannel EEG in state space. After oral ingestion (1-1.5 h), both measures showed significant decreases from placebo to 2.4 g piracetam. In addition, Global Dimensional Complexity showed a significant return to placebo values at 9.6 g piracetam. The results indicate that a single dose of piracetam dose-dependently affects the spontaneous EEG in normal volunteers, showing effects at the lowest treatment level. The decreased EEG complexity is interpreted as increased cooperativity of brain functional processes.

PMID: 10555876

The above study demonstrates that PIRACETAM’s therapeutic effects are dosage dependent, with the greatest therapeutic effects occurring with the 9.6 gram dosage.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Psychiatry Res. 1993 Dec;50(4):275-82.

Space-oriented EEG segmentation reveals changes in brain electric field maps under the influence of a nootropic drug.

Lehmann D, Wackermann J, Michel CM, Koenig T.

Source

Abstract
Map landscape-based segmentation of the sequences of momentary potential distribution maps (42-channel recordings) into brain microstates during spontaneous brain activity was used to study brain electric field spatial effects of single doses of piracetam (2.9, 4.8, and 9.6 g Nootropil UCB [Piracetam] and placebo) in a double-blind study of five normal young volunteers. Four 15-second epochs were analyzed from each subject and drug condition. The most prominent class of microstates (covering 49% of the time) consisted of potential maps with a generally anterior-posterior field orientation. The map orientation of this microstate class showed an increasing clockwise deviation from the placebo condition with increasing drug doses (Fisher's probability product, p < 0.014). The results of this study suggest the use of microstate segmentation analysis for the assessment of central effects of medication in spontaneous multi-channel electroencephalographic data, as a complementary approach to frequency-domain analysis.
PMID: 8177925

The above study also demonstrates that PIRACETAM’s therapeutic effects are dosage dependent, with the greatest therapeutic effects occurring with the 9.6 gram dosage.

Electroencephalogr Clin Neurophysiol. 1993 Mar;86(3):193-8.

Global dimensional complexity of multi-channel EEG indicates change of human brain functional state after a single dose of a nootropic drug.

Wackermann J, Lehmann D, Dvorak I, Michel CM.

Source

Abstract
Viewing the multi-channel EEG as a sequence of momentary field maps corresponds to the concept of a trajectory in K-dimensional state space (K = number of channels). This approach permits a quantitative, single value measure of complexity of the brain state trajectory, the global correlation dimension that describes the ensemble characteristics of all recorded channels. In 5 normal volunteers, 4 records of 16-channel resting EEG were obtained during each of 4 randomized sessions (double blind design) after a single dose of placebo or 2.9 g or 4.8 g or 9.6 g piracetam. The global correlation dimension of a 40 sec epoch from each record was estimated, using 50 computational runs with 8192 point pairs. The results were combined for the two intermediate doses and averaged over repeated records. The dimensionality decreased from placebo (median = 5.89) to low dose (median = 5.72) to high dose (median = 5.59), significant in a Friedman ANOVA at P < 0.02, with significant differences between placebo vs. high and low vs. high dose. Thus, the subtle change of brain global functional state after a single dose of piracetam is reflected by the non-linear measure of global dimensional complexity of the multi-channel EEG.
PMID: 7680995

Again, the above study demonstrates that PIRACETAM’s therapeutic effects are dosage dependent, with the greatest therapeutic effects occurring with the 9.6 gram dosage; and reports “significant differences between low vs. high dose”.

Arzneimittelforschung. 1993 Feb;43(2):110-8.

Platelet anti-aggregant and rheological properties of piracetam. A pharmacodynamic study in normal subjects.

Moriau M, Crasborn L, Lavenne-Pardonge E, von Frenckell R, Col-Debeys C.

Source
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Louvain (UCL), St.-Luc University Clinics, Brussels, Belgium.

Abstract
The random administration of four different single oral doses of piracetam (Nootropil, CAS 7491-74-9)--1.6 g, 3.2 g, 4.8 g and 9.6 g--at fixed intervals of 2 weeks to 5 healthy subjects has confirmed and explicited its platelet anti-aggregant and rheological properties after doses of 4.8 g and 9.6 g. The effect on platelet aggregation occurs through inhibition of thromboxane synthetase or anti-thromboxane A2 activity together with a reduction in the plasma level of von Willebrand's factor (F.VIIIR:vW). The rheological effect is related to the action of piracetam on cell membrane deformability (red cells, white cells and platelets) and to its simultaneous effect in reducing by 30-40% plasma levels of fibrinogen and von Willebrand's factor. In addition, it exerts a direct stimulant effect on prostacyclin synthesis in healthy endothelium. These effects are greatest between 1 and 4 h after dosage, and then diminish progressively to disappear between 8 and 12 h after administration. This explains the need to divide the total daily dose into 3 intakes at 8-hourly intervals. This study confirms the presence of four sites of action of piracetam: the vessel wall, platelets, plasma and cell membranes (RBC, WBC), which provide the basis for the potentially important antithrombotic activity of piracetam.

PMID: 8457235

The above study also demonstrates that PIRACETAM’s therapeutic effects are dosage dependent, with the greatest therapeutic effects occurring with the 4.8 g and 9.6 g dosages; and illustrates the need for the total daily dosage to be split into 2 or 3 individual dosages (e.g. 4.8g twice daily).

Edited by ScienceGuy, 10 March 2012 - 09:23 AM.

• like x 14
  • dislike x 2
  • Informative x 1
  • WellResearched x 1

#2 Mikael Llerena

• 32 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:20 PM

mega-doses, here I come.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 ScienceGuy

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:37 PM

mega-doses, here I come.

OK, I appreciate that your post is probably intended as 'tongue-in-cheek' humour; and as such made me laugh... :laugh:

...But the whole point I am trying to make within this thread is that these are not MEGA-DOSES, they are in fact NORMAL DOSES;

and the dosages that many people are taking (e.g. 800mg or 1.6 grams) are in fact MICRO-DOSES :)
  • like x 9

#4 Mikael Llerena

• 32 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:00 PM

hahaha, exactly. I was poking fun at the fact that a lot of people on here have been considering those doses to be "mega" and treat it with the caution one would when dealing with extremes.

#5 az3r132

• 18 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:20 PM

Works well for me.

#6 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:30 PM

I agree with Science But if you happen to be one of those people that respond to the low doses keep it low for as long as possible because you do get tolerant to the stuff and you might as well save money.
  • Good Point x 2

#7 scouser

• 95 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:32 PM

I have in fact been taking doses of Piracetem of 2 x 5gms per day (total 10gms) as if you needed me to calculate that for you.

I have now upped my dose that of 2 x 10gms (total 20gms)

This is only the secomd day and I have not recognised any big changes as yet so will continue. I may increase again.

I have an order of Piracetem (1kg) from Cerebral Health and I dont want to run out before it arrives. (as a side note, My order with CH was made 6 Feb, still not arrived and have emailed for update with no reply as yet. How long do you guys wait for deliveries from CH to UK?)

I will let you know how I go.

#8 Ampa-omega

• 335 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:45 PM

This must explain isochroma's dosing and experiences, would be interesting to hear his thoughts on this (very nicely done )thread by scienceguy.

reads to add to the discussion
http://www.longecity...2mg-a-day-safe/
http://www.longecity...tam-2-3x-daily/
http://www.longecity...s-of-piracetam/

Edited by Ampa-omega, 13 February 2012 - 04:46 PM.

#9 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:01 PM

It's too bad that I Piracetam makes me irritable in a a dose dependant manner. You guys are lucky to respond well to it!
  • Enjoying the show x 1

#10 ScienceGuy

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:40 PM

It's too bad that I Piracetam makes me irritable in a a dose dependant manner. You guys are lucky to respond well to it!

Have you tried taking PIRACETAM at dosage of 4.8 grams BID (Total 9.6 grams)? :)

You may very well find that your irritability is U-Shaped Curve dosage dependant as opposed to Linear, in that too little (e.g. 2.4 grams) and too much (e.g. 1 Kg) may cause you to become irritable, but in the middle (e.g. 9.6 grams) does not ;)
  • like x 2
  • Needs references x 1

#11 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:00 PM

Have you tried taking PIRACETAM at dosage of 4.8 grams BID (Total 9.6 grams)? :)

You may very well find that your irritability is U-Shaped Curve dosage dependant as opposed to Linear, in that too little (e.g. 2.4 grams) and too much (e.g. 1 Kg) may cause you to become irritable, but in the middle (e.g. 9.6 grams) does not ;)

I've only tried from 200mg to 3.2g. The irritibility gets worse as the dosage increases. I've tried with and without choline (all the sources).

#12 ScienceGuy

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:20 PM

I've only tried from 200mg to 3.2g. The irritibility gets worse as the dosage increases. I've tried with and without choline (all the sources).

It is possible that you simply do not get along with it :)

However, since it is pretty amazing stuff, to make absolutely sure you might like to try taking 9.6 grams PIRACETAM in two divided doses 4+ hours apart, and with only 100mg CHOLINE (N.B. use BITARTRATE or CITRATE forms, and the 100mg is the actual CHOLINE, not the raw material); try this for one day only, and see if you get irritable or not with the 9.6g dosage ;)

#13 Amu

• 2 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:04 PM

I agree with this, experimentation is possible upwards of 24+ grams a day, and I've found mega-doses to offer profound increases in verbal/language abilities

#14 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:56 PM

I think one point that these studies don't take into account is the accumulative nature of the effects of piracetam; that it builds in intensity every day for a while when starting out. Especially the first study quoted which deals in "single dose administration". Many of the racetams take multiple days for subjective effects to occur, which makes me wonder if a noteable increase after a single dose would be an apporpriate prolonged dosage level, or if that dosage could be lowered systematically.

Another thing is that nootropic efficacy is being extrapolated in large part from studies involving neurological disorders. Just because 24g per day was the effective dose for treatment of myoclonus (epilepsy), doesn't automatically mean that 24g's is the most effective treatment for cognitive enhancement in a healthy individual.

Also, none of the studies are long-term, which leaves long-term safety and efficacy in a gray area. Safety is likely not a serious concern but tolerance would likely build at those daily dosage levels.
  • like x 9
  • Good Point x 1

#15 owtsgmi

• 162 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:24 PM

I think one point that these studies don't take into account is the accumulative nature of the effects of piracetam; that it builds in intensity every day for a while when starting out. Especially the first study quoted which deals in "single dose administration". Many of the racetams take multiple days for subjective effects to occur, which makes me wonder if a noteable increase after a single dose would be an apporpriate prolonged dosage level, or if that dosage could be lowered systematically.

Another thing is that nootropic efficacy is being extrapolated in large part from studies involving neurological disorders. Just because 24g per day was the effective dose for treatment of myoclonus (epilepsy), doesn't automatically mean that 24g's is the most effective treatment for cognitive enhancement in a healthy individual.

Also, none of the studies are long-term, which leaves long-term safety and efficacy in a gray area. Safety is likely not a serious concern but tolerance would likely build at those daily dosage levels.

Agreed. When I started piracetam I was taking attack doses of up to 4.8g per day. I eventually tapered offhand have maintained my current dose of 800 x 2 for about 2 years. I found that my need for direct choline supplementation also waned. Now, I take an alcar along with each piracetam dose.

#16 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:44 PM

http://www.longecity...nisms-of-alcar/

owtsgmi,

Above is a link to a post by chrono explaining how ALCAR increases acetylcholine. Which likely explains why you don't need a choline source anymore since you're taking ALCAR.

#17 sparkk51

• 418 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:41 PM

I've been taking about 2/3s of a tablespoon for the past week and a half. I am not sure how many grams are in a full tablespoon, can anyone help me out here?

#18 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:52 PM

I've been taking about 2/3s of a tablespoon for the past week and a half. I am not sure how many grams are in a full tablespoon, can anyone help me out here?

Depending on granularity it's between 10 and 12 grams per tablespoon.
  • like x 1

#19 sparkk51

• 418 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:59 PM

Depending on granularity it's between 10 and 12 grams per tablespoon.

Thank you!

Edited by sparkk51, 14 February 2012 - 12:00 AM.

#20 owtsgmi

• 162 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:26 AM

http://www.longecity...nisms-of-alcar/

owtsgmi,

Above is a link to a post by chrono explaining how ALCAR increases acetylcholine. Which likely explains why you don't need a choline source anymore since you're taking ALCAR.

Yes, Chrono's experience mirrors my own in many ways. Thanks for the link!

#21 Amu

• 2 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:53 AM

Any predictions on what dose of donepezil or galantamine would be needed to cover piracetam doses around 10g? Also, note some people do already have low choline even before taking piracetam

#22 1thoughtMaze1

• 335 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:20 AM

Interesting, thanks Science... Will let you know if this works for me.

#23 Gamerzneed

• 71 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:53 AM

besides capping, what would be the best method to ingest piracetam without tasting it's kinda horrendous taste? Like parachuting or something? not exactly sure how that works though

#24 nezxon

• 218 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:37 AM

Thanks ScienceGuy, I hope more people are able to find effective doses given this information. Taking too little is a distinct problem with supplements. With any drug, it's important to find an effective dose, but I don't think much thought is put into effective doses of supplements because they're often seen as unnecessary anyway. Particularly in regard to nootropics, many manufacturer's "recommended" dosages seem to be based on perceptions about safety with no concern for efficacy. It seems the responsibility for finding effective doses falls to the individual (or us as a community). I've noticed many supplements have recommendations well within safe boundaries, but also far too low to be of much value.

I think people have preconceived ideas about quantity and for some reason more than 2 - 3 capsules (of anything, for just about any reason) seems to get categorized as extreme or mega-dosing.
  • like x 2

#25 Baten

• 785 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:41 AM

I have an order of Piracetem (1kg) from Cerebral Health and I dont wantto run out before it arrives. (as a side note, My order with CH was made 6 Feb, still not arrived and have emailed for update with no reply as yet. How long do you guys wait for deliveries from CH to UK?)

~2 weeks, longer with holidays / customs being asses.

#26 scouser

• 95 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:11 AM

I have an order of Piracetem (1kg) from Cerebral Health and I dont wantto run out before it arrives. (as a side note, My order with CH was made 6 Feb, still not arrived and have emailed for update with no reply as yet. How long do you guys wait for deliveries from CH to UK?)

~2 weeks, longer with holidays / customs being asses.

Thanks Baten

#27 ScienceGuy

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:19 PM

I think you make a fair point; although some of these studies were in fact conducted for weeks as opposed to days, which would "take into account is the accumulative nature of the effects of piracetam" ;)

You are absolutely correct. However, this particular study does demonstrate that it is perfect safe to take PIRACETAM at a dosage of 24g; however, please kindly note that I am not suggesting that everyone should start taking 24g PIRACETAM daily. My recommended dosage is 4.8 grams 2 - 3 times daily. However, if people wish to experiment with higher doses they can do so with the knowledge that it is perfectly SAFE :)

Regarding the fact that the majority of the studies are "studies involving neurological disorders" - this is simply because medicine's primary focus is in treating illness as opposed to healthy individuals; this does not mean that these studies are not of interest or relevance to healthy individuals seeking to take PIRACETAM for its NOOTROPIC effects ;)

I agree that safety is not a serious concern :)

Regarding TOLERANCE - Whilst some TOLERANCE may develop, as a consequence of my many years personal and professional experience with utlization of PIRACETAM at 4.8 grams 2 - 3 times daily dosage I am of the opinion that any such TOLERANCE is distinctly limited and with this dosage regimen consistent therapeutic efficacy is in fact sustained indefinitely with consistent use :)

Edited by ScienceGuy, 14 February 2012 - 10:20 PM.

#28 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:07 PM

You are absolutely correct. However, this particular study does demonstrate that it is perfect safe to take PIRACETAM at a dosage of 24g; however, please kindly note that I am not suggesting that everyone should start taking 24g PIRACETAM daily. My recommended dosage is 4.8 grams 2 - 3 times daily. However, if people wish to experiment with higher doses they can do so with the knowledge that it is perfectly SAFE :)

Are you really willing to state that it is safe based on short trials and low dose longer term use? 24g daily for 10, 20, 50+ years with no adverse effects? Are you personally willing to be liable if it turns out that you are wrong?

Disregarding or ignoring long term safety of something you plan to take long term in high doses when only low doses have been seen to have a safe profile over the medium term seem reckless to me. Advising others to follow suit looks like a future law suite. :)
  • dislike x 2
  • like x 1

#29 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:41 AM

I think you make a fair point; although some of these studies were in fact conducted for weeks as opposed to days, which would "take into account is the accumulative nature of the effects of piracetam" ;)

I didn't want to mention a study I can't find the link to... hate to make comments without a link to back it up. But one study done on oxiracetam involved two dosing parameters (and if my memory serves me right it was done on healthy volunteers...but blast! I can't find the link...) One was a smaller dose and one was a larger than typical dose. The smaller dose had limited efficacy for the first week or so, while the larger dose was showing much superior results.

However, after the trial continued further, the smaller dose group caught up in efficacy and the larger dose group eventually started waning. Which alluded to the possibility that the larger dose was inciting some sort of "over-stimulation" which caused a deficiency in the glutamergic system (or something... having trouble remembering).

Regarding the fact that the majority of the studies are "studies involving neurological disorders" - this is simply because medicine's primary focus is in treating illness as opposed to healthy individuals; this does not mean that these studies are not of interest or relevance to healthy individuals seeking to take PIRACETAM for its NOOTROPIC effects ;)

Safe as far as toxicology true. But long term effects on higher-level thinking is unknown at these dosages to the best of my knowledge. But you never know how something will effect you. Piracetam is also filtered almost solely through the kidneys, so 24g+ per day should be a consideration in that respect as well.

Regarding TOLERANCE - Whilst some TOLERANCE may develop, as a consequence of my many years personal and professional experience with utlization of PIRACETAM at 4.8 grams 2 - 3 times daily dosage I am of the opinion that any such TOLERANCE is distinctly limited and with this dosage regimen consistent therapeutic efficacy is in fact sustained indefinitely with consistent use :)

Glad it's working for you still with zero side effects or tolerance. It never did much for me even at 12g per day dosing. And again I'd like to reiterate that physical safety concerns don't include "mental safety" concerns. As I've been sent into near full-blown mania from racetams before (not piracetam specifically but it's still not an appropriate substance for everyone).

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 ScienceGuy

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:49 PM

Are you really willing to state that it is safe based on short trials and low dose longer term use? 24g daily for 10, 20, 50+ years with no adverse effects? Are you personally willing to be liable if it turns out that you are wrong?

Disregarding or ignoring long term safety of something you plan to take long term in high doses when only low doses have been seen to have a safe profile over the medium term seem reckless to me. Advising others to follow suit looks like a future law suite. :)

Firstly, it is clear that you are incapable of reading properly, since you state: "24g daily for 10, 20, 50+ years with no adverse effects? Are you personally willing to be liable if it turns out that you are wrong?" in response to my posting: "please kindly note that I am not suggesting that everyone should start taking 24g PIRACETAM daily. My recommended dosage is 4.8 grams 2 - 3 times daily."

Secondly, you have incorrectly assumed that I have inferred PIRACETAM's SAFETY solely from the studies that I posted within this thread. PIRACETAM's LONG-TERM SAFETY can be somewhat ascertained from its TOXICITY STUDIES which in fact demonstrate that PIRACETAM is extremely NON-TOXIC to the extent that its TOXICITY is practically NON-EXISTENT. Hence, I am by no means "Disregarding or ignoring long term safety" ;)

Thirdly, regarding responsibility, please kindly note that no-one within this forum is my patient, nor am I their babysitter. I am simply quoting published studies and accurate facts relating to PIRACETAM DOSAGE and SAFETY with which individuals can make up their own minds whether or not to accept the information or follow my advice. :)

Edited by ScienceGuy, 15 February 2012 - 12:50 PM.

• like x 9
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: piracetam, racetam, memory, nootropic, cognitive, cognition, learning, pramiracetam, oxiracetam, aniracetam

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users