* * * * - 4 votes

How I got piracetam to work for me

piracetam choline

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 dirdir207

• 62 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:25 PM

Greetings everyone. I've been experimenting with various nootropics since november of last year, beginning with simple choline bitartrate and inositol for very mild social anxiety, before I was even aware of what nootropics were, or that they even existed. As everyone here should, I do a lot of research on anything I put into my body before doing so, and thus stumbled upon this site in my research of choline, discovering its nootropic qualities. I quickly became enamored with nootropics, particularly the racetams, and have spend many hours every day since then in my down time researching, assimilating and digesting information regarding them.

I ordered and indulged in my first trial with piracetam in early december, after using choline with great success on its own for several weeks. The first day I tried piracetam was incredible. The fluency of my speech was off the charts, I walked and talked with great confidence, and managed to get quite a bit done. Not only did I easily start conversations with strangers but it appeared I was almost drew people in to speaking with me. Women seemed more flirtatious, men seemed to want to be my "bro". The next few days were all the same, and then I ran out of choline bitartrate. Much to my dismay the effects were greatly diminished the next day and completely ceased to make any marked difference the day after that.

I continued to dose four times a day every day for months without choline, having read that choline is not necessary for piracetam to work, and should not be required unless you experience headaches from the piracetam, which I never had. I tried a myriad of dosages in an attempt to find my sweet spot, using 4.8 predominantly prior to my experimental dosage phase. I tried dosages from 100 mg to 15 grams in one dose, titrating upward each day. At none of the dosages did I feel anything, nor did I have any adverse side effects, including even the inkling of a headache.

I tried consuming my piracetam with l-glutamate, the result of which was a lifting in mood. However, upon separating the two supplements, I could completely attribute that effect to l-glutamate and not the piracetam or a synergy between them. I took calcium supplements, a b complex, and fish oil, all together, individually and in different combinations, yielding no results each time.

Last month I moved across the US, and as such did not want to lug around large bags of supplements and powders with me, so I took a break from experimentation as I moved. After settling in I purchased and ordered a mere 100 grams of piracetam from cerebral health, and knocked back 4.8 grams. The effects set in within about 10 minutes, and were exactly the same as they had been at the start of my trial some months ago. The effects did not take hold in subsequent days.

On a hunch I went to my local vitamin shoppe and picked up a bottle of alpha gpc after several days of not using piracetam, and took 1 gram immediately. Within 10 minutes, I felt as if I was on piracetam, I felt great, confidence was through the roof, music appreciation was profound, visual saturation was awe inspiring, especially that night as I was driving. Everything looked neon, crisp and vibrant. I continued to only use alpha gpc for the next couple of days, and the effects were consistent. I took up to 4 grams a day and never had any symptoms of acetylcholine overload, such as excessive sweating, fishy body odor, headache or tension in the neck or back.

Confused as to why I wouldn't have any sort of negative reaction even after such large dosages I came to the conclusion that my natural levels of acetylcholine were low, or I had curiously overactive acetylcholinesterace, quickly flushing any excess choline I had out of my system. I looked up acute acetylcholine deficiency symptoms, and realized I matched the list of symptoms perfectly, and had for quite some time. I noticed the only times I ever dreamed were on days were I had taken choline, that I had almost had, save for in my childhood, a very dry mouth, and was never able to properly make enough saliva. I always woke up extremely groggy and with a dry mouth, despite not sleeping with my mouth open. As if I had taken an anticholinergic sleeping pill every night. And I always had horrible insomnia. Supplementing with alpha gpc, and a slightly lesser degree choline bitartrate quickly alleviated any of these symptoms and I felt almost super human.

It is well known piracetam does not actually diminish ones active levels of acetylcholine, that is not where the headache comes from for so many users. The headache I submit is from piracetam relocating large quantities of acetylcholine to a specific area in the brain, of which, I apologize, I can not remember the name of at this time, possibly the prefrontal cortex. Leaving the rest of the brain effectively starved, at least for that specific mechanism of action, and only in people that already have adequate levels of acetylcholine for there to be a marked change in brain chemistry upon the administration of choline, but not enough, and not to little to avoid a headache. Which leaves two other castes of people. People, probably like isochroma, who naturally already have a large store of acetylcholine, with no need for supplemental choline. Since they already have such high natural reserves, the effects of piracetam are highly pronounced and do not produce a headache, as the rest of the brain still has ample acetylcholine despite piracetams repositioning of it. And then there are people who are non-responders predominantly and do not get a headache because they simply do not have enough acetylcholine in their brain for there to be a marked difference in brain chemistry upon the administration of piracetam. So, at least in that particular mechanism of action, piracetam effectively does nothing for these people. Co-supplementing with choline at the same time as piracetam still does not lead to adequate levels of acetylcholine for there to be any noticable effect on a per dose basis.

To test my theory I continued to mega dose alpha gpc alone, without the accompaniment of piracetam for several more days in an attempt to continue to boost up my choline levels. Once I tried piracetam again, it worked beautifully, as I had suspected, and has continued to work. Currently i'm taking 4.8 grams of piracetam every 6 hours, accompanied by 10 grams of choline bitartrate. I realize I have only a rudimentary understanding of brain mechanics and neuropharmacology, my entire theory may be exceedingly flawed, my train of thought and logical progression was based simply upon what I observed with my own body, and may be completely biased in this respect, however since this worked for me, I wanted to go ahead and share my findings with this community. Perhaps it will work for someone else, perhaps not for the reasons I suspect it worked for me, perhaps not at all. Thank you.

Edited by dirdir207, 05 April 2012 - 04:26 PM.

• like x 8
  • dislike x 1
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • Informative x 1

#2 Sun

• 53 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:44 PM

CUT
Currently i'm taking 4.8 grams of piracetam every 6 hours, accompanied by 10 grams of choline bitartrate.
CUT

do u mean 10 grams of choline every 6 hours, or per day?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Sun

• 53 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:58 PM

...and, did/do you notice some improvements in memory and other brian-related things other than speech fluency?
you now, we're talking about nootropics here :)

#4 dirdir207

• Topic Starter
  • 62 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:52 PM

My apologies, I very hastily wrote this up earlier today. I take 5 grams choline with each 4.8 gram dose of piracetam, for 10 grams a day. And I certainly did see vast improvements in short term and long term memory. Albeit I have had no discernible way of measuring it, this is purely on an anecdotal basis. A summary of improvements seen include the following: increased verbal fluency, increased music appreciation, greater creative thought and abstract thinking, visual saturation way up, vivid dreams, wake up very refreshed, require less sleep, better working memory, short term and long term memory, and seemingly greater motor control.

Edited by dirdir207, 05 April 2012 - 10:58 PM.

#5 1thoughtMaze1

• 335 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:35 AM

Greetings everyone. I've been experimenting with various nootropics since november of last year, beginning with simple choline bitartrate and inositol for very mild social anxiety, before I was even aware of what nootropics were, or that they even existed. As everyone here should, I do a lot of research on anything I put into my body before doing so, and thus stumbled upon this site in my research of choline, discovering its nootropic qualities. I quickly became enamored with nootropics, particularly the racetams, and have spend many hours every day since then in my down time researching, assimilating and digesting information regarding them.

I ordered and indulged in my first trial with piracetam in early december, after using choline with great success on its own for several weeks. The first day I tried piracetam was incredible. The fluency of my speech was off the charts, I walked and talked with great confidence, and managed to get quite a bit done. Not only did I easily start conversations with strangers but it appeared I was almost drew people in to speaking with me. Women seemed more flirtatious, men seemed to want to be my "bro". The next few days were all the same, and then I ran out of choline bitartrate. Much to my dismay the effects were greatly diminished the next day and completely ceased to make any marked difference the day after that.

I continued to dose four times a day every day for months without choline, having read that choline is not necessary for piracetam to work, and should not be required unless you experience headaches from the piracetam, which I never had. I tried a myriad of dosages in an attempt to find my sweet spot, using 4.8 predominantly prior to my experimental dosage phase. I tried dosages from 100 mg to 15 grams in one dose, titrating upward each day. At none of the dosages did I feel anything, nor did I have any adverse side effects, including even the inkling of a headache.

I tried consuming my piracetam with l-glutamate, the result of which was a lifting in mood. However, upon separating the two supplements, I could completely attribute that effect to l-glutamate and not the piracetam or a synergy between them. I took calcium supplements, a b complex, and fish oil, all together, individually and in different combinations, yielding no results each time.

Last month I moved across the US, and as such did not want to lug around large bags of supplements and powders with me, so I took a break from experimentation as I moved. After settling in I purchased and ordered a mere 100 grams of piracetam from cerebral health, and knocked back 4.8 grams. The effects set in within about 10 minutes, and were exactly the same as they had been at the start of my trial some months ago. The effects did not take hold in subsequent days.

On a hunch I went to my local vitamin shoppe and picked up a bottle of alpha gpc after several days of not using piracetam, and took 1 gram immediately. Within 10 minutes, I felt as if I was on piracetam, I felt great, confidence was through the roof, music appreciation was profound, visual saturation was awe inspiring, especially that night as I was driving. Everything looked neon, crisp and vibrant. I continued to only use alpha gpc for the next couple of days, and the effects were consistent. I took up to 4 grams a day and never had any symptoms of acetylcholine overload, such as excessive sweating, fishy body odor, headache or tension in the neck or back.

Confused as to why I wouldn't have any sort of negative reaction even after such large dosages I came to the conclusion that my natural levels of acetylcholine were low, or I had curiously overactive acetylcholinesterace, quickly flushing any excess choline I had out of my system. I looked up acute acetylcholine deficiency symptoms, and realized I matched the list of symptoms perfectly, and had for quite some time. I noticed the only times I ever dreamed were on days were I had taken choline, that I had almost had, save for in my childhood, a very dry mouth, and was never able to properly make enough saliva. I always woke up extremely groggy and with a dry mouth, despite not sleeping with my mouth open. As if I had taken an anticholinergic sleeping pill every night. And I always had horrible insomnia. Supplementing with alpha gpc, and a slightly lesser degree choline bitartrate quickly alleviated any of these symptoms and I felt almost super human.

It is well known piracetam does not actually diminish ones active levels of acetylcholine, that is not where the headache comes from for so many users. The headache I submit is from piracetam relocating large quantities of acetylcholine to a specific area in the brain, of which, I apologize, I can not remember the name of at this time, possibly the prefrontal cortex. Leaving the rest of the brain effectively starved, at least for that specific mechanism of action, and only in people that already have adequate levels of acetylcholine for there to be a marked change in brain chemistry upon the administration of choline, but not enough, and not to little to avoid a headache. Which leaves two other castes of people. People, probably like isochroma, who naturally already have a large store of acetylcholine, with no need for supplemental choline. Since they already have such high natural reserves, the effects of piracetam are highly pronounced and do not produce a headache, as the rest of the brain still has ample acetylcholine despite piracetams repositioning of it. And then there are people who are non-responders predominantly and do not get a headache because they simply do not have enough acetylcholine in their brain for there to be a marked difference in brain chemistry upon the administration of piracetam. So, at least in that particular mechanism of action, piracetam effectively does nothing for these people. Co-supplementing with choline at the same time as piracetam still does not lead to adequate levels of acetylcholine for there to be any noticable effect on a per dose basis.

To test my theory I continued to mega dose alpha gpc alone, without the accompaniment of piracetam for several more days in an attempt to continue to boost up my choline levels. Once I tried piracetam again, it worked beautifully, as I had suspected, and has continued to work. Currently i'm taking 4.8 grams of piracetam every 6 hours, accompanied by 10 grams of choline bitartrate. I realize I have only a rudimentary understanding of brain mechanics and neuropharmacology, my entire theory may be exceedingly flawed, my train of thought and logical progression was based simply upon what I observed with my own body, and may be completely biased in this respect, however since this worked for me, I wanted to go ahead and share my findings with this community. Perhaps it will work for someone else, perhaps not for the reasons I suspect it worked for me, perhaps not at all. Thank you.

Yeah whatever there smartpowders
  • dislike x 12
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 2
  • like x 2
  • Unfriendly x 1

#6 Blink

• 48 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:30 AM

Thank you so much for posting this dirdir!!! My experience with racetams have been very similar. The first couple of weeks were great with increased creativity and verbal fluency, but then it started to fade and I experienced problems with brain fog and low mood. So I stopped using them after about 2 months. I understand now that I've had a acetylcholine deficiency all this time and probably before I started experimenting with nootropics even. I've been trying to fix my problems and regain the original mind space I had on piracetam testing numerous other nootropics. None of them have been working and in the long run they just seems to make me more tired while interfering with my sleep. I could not understand why I looked so tired all the time and why I had these sunken eyes.

Yesterday I read this thread and I thought why not give it a try. So I took 5g choline citrate and 2g alcar. After just 1 hour I started to notice a big difference. It was like if a cold wet blanket lifted from my mind and I felt more alive then I ever have during these past 6 months. Even the sunken appearance of my eyes disappeared, which was amazing to see as I actually had good reasons to be tired since it was in the middle of the night and I was up way past my usual schedule. When I woke up today I felt great and refreshed.

I can't believe that I've had the solution to my problems in my own fridge all this time. I've only been using smaller amounts of choline before since I thought it was not of any significance, most users doesn't seem to need to supplement with choline at all anyways. I rather suspected that both choline and racetams made things worse, and that's why I stopped using both of them.

Edited by Blink, 06 April 2012 - 08:07 AM.

#7 JChief

• 636 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:55 AM

I always get *some* sort of effect from piracetam each time I take it. But the degree to which the effects are felt seem to change quite a bit after months of trial. The dose I take is usually a heaping teaspoon on an empty stomach with water twice per day or so. I feel it within 45 minutes usually. Verbal fluency is increased each time. I also notice some minor enhancement of eye/hand coordination. But sometimes I get even bigger effects but its a moving target for me and usually I take a break and start again to get the "magic" back. By magic I mean euphoric feelings, vastly increased creative thinking, hypomanic-like states at times, music sharper, vision enhancement which is usually more apparent at night with bright lights etc, synergy with caffeine and cannabis (reduced the anxiety that accompanies regular use as well). You may be onto something and I'm still looking for ways to keep the effects consistent. The main constant I notice is speech fluency. I also recently read that the main active ingredient in cannabis, tetrahydrocannibinol, is a competitive inhibitor of acetylcholinesterase. That may be why the two seem to combine really well for me. Thanks for your input.

Edited by JChief, 06 April 2012 - 08:03 AM.

#8 Sun

• 53 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:50 PM

thing is that in the last time, there are a lot of people with 1 or 2 posts just coming here and telling you to buy a larger dose of smth that you can have at some nootropics shop, umh...

/end off topic

anyway, from what you say, it seems to me that it could be just tolerance to piracetam... when was the last time you started piracetam? and now how much time has gone?

imo this could be a good point, but i'll wait for someone else's report before to put my money in and try

#9 dirdir207

• Topic Starter
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:07 PM

With all do respect I haven't tried to sell anyone anything, and I haven't used any specific product labels (save for cerebral health in passing in regards to piracetam, with a dosage that most everyone around here uses now anyway). The only thing I have suggested to use more of, and only in cases like mine, and in conjunction with my own musings and theory regarding a particular mechanism of action, is choline bitartrate, which is perhaps the cheapest nootropic imaginable, probably cheaper then piracetam itself.

Piracetam itself does not build tolerance, and it certainly does not build tolerance so quickly that it can only work for a single dose before allowing another washout period, if even that. It seems far more likely to me that moderately to severely acetylcholine deficient people simply do not benefit from piracetam the same as others do, without an additional preloading phase, and what seems to me, at least a 1 to 1 ratio of piracetam to choline once piracetam supplementation has come into play. Simply not having enough acetylcholine to satiate piracetams relocating requirements seems much more likely for some non-responders then a lot of other ideas that have thrown around here to me, such as a large subset of this population having adrenal fatigue. It also seems to me that an acetylcholine deficiency cannot be corrected with simply a single one off dose of choline in conjuction with piracetam, as I wouldn't expect other deficiencies to be corrected so easily, hence the need to properly rebuild one's acetylcholine levels prior to trying piracetam again.

It seems my idea has at least helped a few people, one notably in this thread, and Iv'e seen a few other threads pop up here and their regarding acetylcholine deficiency within the last couple of days since iv'e made this post. It seems it is subtle enough that many people could go long stretches of time without realizing anything was wrong at all, I know that was the case for me, personally.
  • like x 6
  • dislike x 1

#10 SuperjackDid_

• 528 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:54 AM

I have to preload choline at night to get Piracetam working at morning ,your post clearly explain theory behind it .

#11 Sun

• 53 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:59 PM

With all do respect [etc....]

Forget about it. Sometimes I just let all my toughts to pop out of my head :)

As I said, it seems a good point to me, and I thank you for sharing your experience.

Maybe i'll try this out in the next days. If so, i'll report my experience, obv :)

Good luck.

#12 Noodly

• 10 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:25 AM

Hi

Thanks for posting your experiences. Where did you get your choline from, and were you sure of its purity?

Thanks

#13 BlueWay

• 20 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:20 PM

I've read on this board and others that people with OCD should not take choline. Would piracetam work without taking choline? If not, is there anything else that should/could be taken with it to produce the desired effects? Thanks.

#14 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:06 AM

After months of high dose piracetam and various choline sources I've come to the conclusion a couple eggs a day is all I need. If and only if I feel a slight headache I'll take a lecithin pill, wait 1/2 hour and if it doesn't go away, take a little ALCAR.

IMO too much choline drops my mood considerably.

#15 NMDAstronaut

• 41 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:58 AM

I have come to a similar conclusion after one year on piracetam as the OP.

For Piracetam to work for me I need copious choline.

This is not true in the beginning. If I take long breaks this does not seem to be the case but for continuous use I need to take at lease as much choline as piracetam and often to pre-load with choline.

I also have been adding some msg. I am a bit worried about the msg neurotoxicity but use it at very low doses. In addition I take Calcium.

I found that over time I was taking too much piracetam. What I found was that my brain (my perception) was becoming impatient - I forget over time that a good 30 min is often needed for full effects to take place with a small to moderate dose of piracetam (though it often occurs faster). In my haste to get a good racetam feeling fast, I would often over take piracetam - often I would get the good feeling but it would spin out into anxiety over time. I believe this is due to absorption, time to cross BBB and choline utilization.

I started slowing down, becoming more patient and taking less piracetam and more choline. My effects are now better and more consistent though not perfect by any means. I still only use pira 3-4 days a week, staggering with theanine. I still am playing with optimum dosing but it seems pre-dosing with choline is key for me as well.

Edited by NMDAstronaut, 09 August 2012 - 04:59 AM.

#16 middpanther88

• 185 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:11 AM

Can I overload alcar instead of choline for the same effects? Around what should be the ratio of piracetam to choline?

#17 Jim Mutdosch

• 1 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:33 AM

Dirdir207 I joined up just to say your post is spot on for what I experiance. First couple days of using Aniracetam is was awesome (Confident...could look people in eye, forcuses, etc) then it fadded considerable the next two days. So I stopped and then thought of trying Choline even though I never got a headache. I decided to try it by itself...which I have the last few days taking 500mg and I have been feeling great especially as the days goes on..Almost like I'm still on the racetam but not as intense. Also I don't know if anyone experiances this but since the first day I did the racetam my sleep has been deep...meaning once I am asleep it is very deep,...and wake up fairly refreshed...and can't say it was much like that beforehand. Even just taking Choline I feel like I can find words better and more confident.... I will try a higher dose soon and see what that does...then of corse try the racetam again. dirdir207 if you have any more thoughts I would be very interested in what you find as I seem to be affected in the same way and liking the information you have posted. I thank you.

Edited by Jim Mutdosch, 07 September 2012 - 02:37 AM.

• like x 2

#18 khemix

• 190 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:11 AM

Acetylcholine is not "burned up" though, it is merely "inactivated" by acetylcholinesterase into choline and acetate.The choline is then pumped back into the cleft and acetylated to form acetylcholine. So I don't see how choline is the limiting reagent, granted some of it is eliminated.

By this logic, would not an Acetylcholinesterase inhibitor like huperzine a or galantamine be ideal?

#19 SuperjackDid_

• 528 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:12 AM

Problem about Acetylcholinesterase is very mood depression prone .
  • Good Point x 1

#20 SuperjackDid_

• 528 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:01 PM

Too much A-GPC gave me panic attack + mind race ,please give me advice .

#21 noopeptisgood

• 76 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:36 AM

Too much A-GPC gave me panic attack + mind race ,please give me advice .

Don't take too much.
  • like x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • Cheerful x 1
  • Agree x 1

#22 gray.bot

• 262 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:10 PM

I have to preload choline at night to get Piracetam working at morning ,your post clearly explain theory behind it .

Nootropix that's a really interesting point which I haven't properly experimented with yet.

would not an Acetylcholinesterase inhibitor like huperzine a or galantamine be ideal?

If you have read the 4 Hour Body by Tim Ferris he suggests taking 200mcg of Huperzine before bed to inhibit AChE because limited ACh in the morning makes you groggy and tired.

Increasing ACh theoretically makes you wake up bright and wide awake.

I have done this before regularly but didn't really get much difference - the energy I wokeup with seemed to be affected by many different things, not just available ACh. So I stopped doing it.

I'm going to re-open this case file and experiment with loading choline before bed, incl a AChE inhibitor. I'll see if I wakeup any different but more importantly I'll be monitoring to check if my stack in the morning is ready to rock and roll from the preloading.

Awesome idea :) Thanks!

#23 SuperjackDid_

• 528 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

Please keep us post Alex.

#24 gray.bot

• 262 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:25 AM

It's not good to take choline and the racetams at the same time. They should be spaced hours apart. I've seen others take choline before bed, then the racetams/etc in the morning

This is a quote from 'annesfine'. But I couldn't find the user to PM them asking more ?'s.

My personal tests for this will take a while because I'm now taking selegiline and adapting to it. OMG it's powering me up like a MOFO - def synergistic with everything (especially modafinil)

I'll keep you posted on this thread and also report on any quantitative data or studies proving this 'before bed choline' hypothesis.

#25 Brundle99

• 37 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

Liked the post by Dirdir!.
The adequate Intake of Choline for a 30yo is 550 for men, and he mentions taking a 1:1 ratio with Piracetam. I take 4.8g Piracetam, but wouldn't 4.8g of Choline be way too much for anyone?.

Would be greatful for any feedback!.

Currently I don't get any headaches from Piracetam at 4.8, but I have only ever taken Choline bitartrate at 500mg the first day I took Piracetam, and few days later another 500mg.

I'm now on day 6 of taking Piracetam and decided to take 4.8 Piracetam and 4.8 Choline.

Didn't get drowsy from excess Choline, but I gotta wonder if its a good idea to keep this level of Choline up.

The reason I took Choline was to see if it potentiated Piracetam but haven't noticed anything different.

While on both after an hour or two my vision is a very slight blur, which isn't bad enough to annoy me but it reminds me that this stuff is surging through me, I do notice a more focused benefit from Piracetam and mood slightly elevated but not anything else.

I know I've only been on this 6 days and will probably take longer to adjust the mind, but I'm curious to know if I need a different dosage or stick with the one I'm on to see more benefits, it's all very subtle.

#26 gray.bot

• 262 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:11 AM

I'm a lunatic that eats unknown pills of floors of clubs and I would never take 4.8grams of choline - that be crazy man!

I don't think it's a good idea to keep that level of choline up. I think you'd just be increasing the expensiveness of your pee-pee.

I would take a teaspoon of piracetam (which is about 4.8 grams) 3 times a day as after about 5-6 hours it's all out of your system. So a 7am, 12noon, 5pm schedule is good.

And I would take 500mg of choline each time you take the piracetam. You shouldn't need any more than that.

P.S I don't really eat random pills I find on the floor - but I do sell them ;)
  • like x 1

#27 Sunwind

• 103 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:56 PM

Apologies for bumping an old thread, but it came up when I was looking for an explaination for my current problem..

A couple days ago I started taking Piracetam, 5grams 9am, 2pm, and 7pm. I took only 50mg CDP-Choline that day.
That night/morning I woke up in a terrible cold sweat, my clothes and sheets were very wet. I figured it was just my body adjusting to the Piracetam.

The sweating continued during the day, but only from my armpits. Last night/this morning I awoke again after only 3 hours sleep and it was worse than the previous night. I still kept thinking it was just some kind of adjustment phase when starting the Piracetam.

Today I took 5g/5g/2.5g, and 300mg CDP-Choline with the 5g Piracetam doses. I've been constantly sweating from my armpits all day still.

I found this thread from googling piracetam + sweat, and this sentence stood out to me:

I took up to 4 grams a day and never had any symptoms of acetylcholine overload, such as excessive sweating, fishy body odor, headache or tension in the neck or back.

That's it! I thought, I must be taking too much CDP-Choline. I also have tension in the back of my neck, and a mild headache/pressure, but I attributed that to the lack of sleep the past two days.
I can't smell, so I had someone smell my armpits to see if it was fishy, they told me it didn't smell of anything - not even regular body odor, and yet I can feel as I am typing this, sweat droplets dripping down from my pits.

Also, the first day I only took 50mg, surely that is not enough to cause this overload?

If I am having this overload, what can I do? Obviously I'm going to stop taking the Choline, but can Piracetam cause sweating on its own? If this is a choline overload, am I in any danger right now? Should I be going to the hospital? My only symptoms are the excessive underarm sweating, stiff neck and headache. Is there anything I can do to alleviate this?

A couple of weeks ago, I used up 25g of Aniracetam and I was taking about 500mg of my CDP-Choline with it, and I did not have this sweating problem at all.

Any ideas, anyone???

Edit: If it helps, I've had quite a strong positive reaction from the Pira, my aim was to try and alleviate my social anxiety, and it has helped with that tremendously aswell as increasing verbal fluency, memory and all that jazz.

Edited by Sunwind, 01 June 2013 - 06:09 PM.

#28 truboy

• 178 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:43 PM

try to use another choline source - choline citrate or lecithin worked good for me. CDP-choline made me anxious, irritable, etc...
I found your experience for piracetam can HUGELY wary depending on choline source you are using.

#29 biohacker2000

• 1 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:50 AM

dirdir207- I would be curious to know if you are still getting the benefits of Piracetam with high dose Choline Bitartrate? Everytime that I use Piracetam now I get foggy and tired. When I first tried it... my experience was quite the opposite. I have been playing with different choline sources and it appears that Choline Bitartrate works well. However, results still seem to be a bit mixed (sometimes good/ sometimes not).

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 dereknel

• 18 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:43 AM

try to use another choline source - choline citrate or lecithin worked good for me. CDP-choline made me anxious, irritable, etc...
I found your experience for piracetam can HUGELY wary depending on choline source you are using.

I noticed the same thing it depends on your choline

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: piracetam, choline

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users