- - - - -

Royal Jelly

gdnf

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 kevinseven11

• 385 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:52 PM

10-DHA seems to have some interesting effects on neurons. A low dose won't effect neurons nor will a high dose, but a medium dose will increase neuron proliferation. That is in vitro tho.
The effects of 10-DHA on memory should be enhanced when taken with precursors like fish oil and choline/uridine.
My question is... is 10-DHA responsible for the increase in GDNF?
Also what dose of royal jelly should I take, currently I just obtained 60g of royal jelly. Im combining with 1lb of lions mane mushroom.

I will post my dual n back results eventually of any possible results.

#2 Absolution

• 20 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:12 PM

I take 2 grams/day it's hard to say if it's had any nootropic effects or not but it does increase my (already high) sex drive. Other than EPA/DHA, RJ along with grape seed extract were the first supps I took with brain enhancement in mind. In the first couple months I took them it did seem as if my overall brain function improved.

Like I said it's hard to say but I def. felt as if something had changed last summer after starting on it.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 kevinseven11

• Topic Starter
  • 385 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:43 PM

Ive taken an unknown amount every other day along with lions mane for 2 weeks and Ive had a little improvement in dnb.

#4 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:06 PM

I bought a kilo of freeze dried royal jelly about 6 or 7 years ago. Didn't notice a lot from it. I was taking it by the heaping tablespoon. Perhaps a lower dose would of worked better? Who woulda thunk...always thought more was better! ;) The only thing I remember noticing was a slight feeling of mental alertness when taking a heaping tablespoon first thing in the morn on an empty stomach...but it was subtle and didn't last long. I have thought about testing it again...but always looking at other things. And after finding Uridine, that has been the most helpful for me. I've been experiencing positive effects from C60 also.
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#5 unregistered_user

• 721 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:12 AM

I took a TON of Royal Jelly for a month and noticed barely anything. I wouldn't waste the money again.

#6 Ambrosia

• 49 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 February 2019 - 09:47 AM

My experience with royal jelly is that it didn't do much for me maybe slight energy boost (placebo?), i do enjoy it's taste when mixed with regular honey.

However i read its useful for women who are trying to conceive

#7 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 11:35 PM

energy boost (placebo?)

it is not a case of the placebo effect.

small doses of royal jelly have big effects at the cellular level.  it improves activity of AMPK, boosting cAMP, ATP and mitochondrial activity, while also affecting phosphodiesterases, PKB and PKA.

i believe it helps to a degree with depression, sluggishness, and anxiety.

it helps convert DHEA and LH into testosterone. 

it promotes fatty acid oxidation and BDNF secretion, making it both a dietary aid and a nootropic.  it can make you feel weak if you take it after a day of light eating or fasting, because you run low on fatty acids and your body starts using glycogen stores and going into ketosis

many of these effects are observed at 100mg  or less, when commonly distributed and relatively cheap supplements often provide in excess of 675mg per serving.  probably 200-300mg is the sweet spot

• Needs references x 1
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Informative x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#8 Ambrosia

• 49 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 February 2019 - 01:18 PM

it is not a case of the placebo effect.

small doses of royal jelly have big effects at the cellular level. it improves activity of AMPK, boosting cAMP, ATP and mitochondrial activity, while also affecting phosphodiesterases, PKB and PKA.

i believe it helps to a degree with depression, sluggishness, and anxiety.

it helps convert DHEA and LH into testosterone.

it promotes fatty acid oxidation and BDNF secretion, making it both a dietary aid and a nootropic. it can make you feel weak if you take it after a day of light eating or fasting, because you run low on fatty acids and your body starts using glycogen stores and going into ketosis

many of these effects are observed at 100mg or less, when commonly distributed and relatively cheap supplements often provide in excess of 675mg per serving. probably 200-300mg is the sweet spot

Interesting info, I might re-explore royal jelly. I’m just going by my own experience and have only tried it for about a month when I saw no effects.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gdnf

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users