• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

How long does it take for the uridine/choline/DHA stack to work?

uridine choline dha anhedonia depression

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 FeelsNumbMan

• 80 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:50 AM

Hey guys, my first post here actually, so hi all.

I just got my uridine from Amazon about 3 days ago and started taking it yesterday. 250mg of Jarrow Formulas uridine, 250mg of CDP-Choline (also from Jarrow Formulas), and some fish oil pills. The fish oil I'm taking though only has like 180EPA and 90DHA per pill, and I usually take like 3 a day. Probably not enough and I read that EPA and DHA fight for space in the brain, so maybe I should just get a DHA supplement that has a lot more DHA than EPA. I'm thinking of the Jarrow Formulas Max DHA (I'm a fan of Jarrow and NOW Foods :P), and I'm also planning to get some vitamin B-complex, vitamin E, maybe some L-Tyrosine as well.

Anyways, I was wondering how long it would take before I start seeing results from it. I'm also taking another stack of Nootropics but none have really done much for my anhedonia. I really don't know what I'm missing... Should I supplement this with some L-Tyrosine or some sort of supplement to help add some dopamine in my brain? The reason why I stopped taking my mucuna pruriens was because I had this thought that I might be getting a bit too much dopamine, thus causing a downregulation in my receptors, but I'm not really sure what it is.

To clarify more on how I'm feeling: Emotionally numb, flat, can't enjoy music, can't enjoy life, can't really smile and laugh and feel connected with it. Don't really see the point in social interactions. Used to be really energetic and happy and would be pretty loud if I'm around people I knew, now I just don't see any point in it all.

My current stack:
  • - Aniracetam 750mg
  • - Noopept 10mg
  • - Inositol ~1g
  • - L-Theanine 200mg
  • - EGCG - 400mg
  • - CDP-Choline 250mg
  • - Uridine 250mg
  • - Sulbutiamine 200mg
At night, I'd take my mulitivitamin and zinc/magnesium/calcium/Vitamin D supplement. They don't contain that much, though. My fish oil, like I said, also only contains ~300mg of EPA:DHA in a 2:1 ratio. I usually take 3 of that at night but was wondering if it's best to just take it with my stack.

#2 JohnnyP

• 255 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:37 AM

How long have you been taking the other components of your stack while feeling this way?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#3 FeelsNumbMan

• Topic Starter
  • 80 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:25 AM

How long have you been taking the other components of your stack while feeling this way?

Err, for over 2 weeks or so? And I've been feeling this way for well over a year now... I mean, last year it wasn't as bad but it slowly got worse and worse. Now my emotions just feel totally dead and I can't seem to enjoy anything at all.

It's been 4 days since I've started the Uridine/Choline/DHA regimen. I've also had some L-Tyrosine added in. I kinda modified the stack a bit because I didn't want to deal with consuming so much in a day. I even forget to do so or just get too lazy sometimes.

So right now, I guess my stack is something like
  • Uridine 250mg
  • Choline 250mg
  • DHA 500mg / EPA 130mg
  • L-Tyrosine 1g
  • Multivitamin
  • Fish Oil
  • Zinc 50mg
  • B-Complex
Might add Vitamin D and Vitamin K in there as well. Maybe Magnesium too.

#4 JohnnyP

• 255 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

Well first and foremost exercise can definitely help. You dropped Aniracetam and Sulbutiamine? What is you diet like (genrally speaking)? I am just trying to see if possible you are intaking too much choline which can lead the some of the side you are describing.

#5 Synaesthesiac

• 115 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:55 PM

If you want the L-tyrosine to cross the BBB more efficiently, I find that taking it with SAM-e (enteric coated) helps to good result. SAM-e donates a -methyl group and helps substances that usually would not cross the BBB cross-over.

#6 FeelsNumbMan

• Topic Starter
  • 80 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:51 AM

Well first and foremost exercise can definitely help. You dropped Aniracetam and Sulbutiamine? What is you diet like (genrally speaking)? I am just trying to see if possible you are intaking too much choline which can lead the some of the side you are describing.

My diet is pretty random but it always consists of a protein shake.

Well and this has been happening way before I even started on the Uridine/Choline regimen so I dunno if it's anything to do with too much choline. I don't really eat much eggs either.

Sorry, I can't really explain much about the diet part. It's pretty random... fast food occasionally. Well, and I do work out about 3 times a week. It's increased from 2 since the past 2 weeks but none of it has been helping me much. I've taken a look over at the "Anhedonia Thread" but a lot of it seems pretty complicated and for some reason, I feel like I'm not savvy enough to even understand what's really being talked about nor do I feel like I can contribute anything there.

If you want the L-tyrosine to cross the BBB more efficiently, I find that taking it with SAM-e (enteric coated) helps to good result. SAM-e donates a -methyl group and helps substances that usually would not cross the BBB cross-over.

Hmm... SAM-e and SJW were the few herbs/supplements that I first read about. I don't really know much about 'em but I wanna be more cautious with what I'm buying now. I mean, yeah, I won't know unless I give them a try but then again, I've been spending a lot more on nootropics than I ever thought I would have and none of it has really done much for me. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

#7 eon

• 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:06 AM

1g of inositol is low. I am taking 12g daily, split 3 times. I used to split twice daily (6g twice a day), but since I started my piracetam cycle, I had to split my dosages lower to avoid side effects mainly diarrhea. At 4g per dose, 3 times a day I don't get upset stomach or diarrhea.

Edited by eon, 27 September 2013 - 08:09 AM.

#8 ken_shiro

• 127 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:48 PM

Hi.
FeelsNumbMan, just to be sure, are you trying this tablets?
http://www.jarrow.co...uct/600/Uridine

What is you review/report after 25 days?
This tablets work?

Thanks

#9 FeelsNumbMan

• Topic Starter
  • 80 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:23 AM

Yeah, I am.

It's been a while but I don't really know if I can say it has done much for me...

Fortunately, I'd say I'm a pretty rare case where a lot of things don't work on me... So take it with a grain of salt. Whatever that didn't work on me might work on you and whatever that applies to every individual...

So yeah, it's unfortunate to say that it didn't do much for me. I haven't been taking it every day like I did for the past 3-4 weeks. Missed some here and there. Meh, might have been the dosage but I dunno.

I still have a month worth left (or at least half a month), so maybe I'll just finish it up and see what happens.

#10 Rush23

• 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:18 AM

Hey buddy, I had the same issue as you. I switched from jarrows 250 mg ump to UMP bulk powder by Superior nutraceuticals inc. When I used the jarrows brand, I uncapped and dissolved the powder under tongue. Apart from the intial 500mg attack dose, I really didn't notice much after 5 days. The bulk UMP from SN works pretty well for me now. I have only been on it for a couple day with the new UMP so factor that into account. It maybe a capsule/binder issue.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#11 YimYam

• 135 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:46 PM

Hey Feelsnumbman,

Just curious as to how your feeling these days? I'm embarking on a very similar journey to you I believe and just at the start of it!

Best,

Jamie

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: uridine, choline, dha, anhedonia, depression

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users