Photo

Supplements that have actually shown promise in fighting Cancer

cancer cure tumor treatment mushroom

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 agwoodliffe

• 120 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:34 PM

This was a topic I stumbled into, but have been researching for some time now. I have been motivated somewhat after losing my father to Lung Cancer several years ago after standard Chemotherapy failed.

What I have found has been rather fascinating. There is a special class of dietary supplements, known as 'medicinal mushrooms', which tend to come from the Far East.

In summary: almost all of them have shown potency in stopping various forms of cancer. 

The reason is simpler than you think: they all heavily up regulate the body's immunity (specifically, the cellular immunity, which basically kills off all abnormal cells inside the body, ie. tumours).

Ones that have been cited the most: 1) Grifola Frondosa (Maitake), 2) Agaricus Blazei, 3) Lentinula Edodes (Shiitake) 

Feel free to check these out on NCBI if you're skeptical. Literally just google ''Grifola frondosa cancer ncbi'' and see what comes up.

Important note: If you are a cancer sufferer, or a relative,  I have no idea about how these supplements may interact with standard chemotherapy drugs. But if you're interested, feel free to consult with a doctor or research more online.

The supplements themselves are easy enough to get, they're quite common in standard health food stores.

• like x 1

#2 albedo

• 2,063 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:17 PM

For what it matters, I am cycling from time to time with this formula:

http://www.lef.org/V...om-Complex.html

(see also the ample reference list)

and using also fresh mushrooms when cooking.

I did not research on other products on the market and there must be plenty out there. Only reason I am mentioning the one above is the trust I put in the Company which is also funding research.

Click HERE to rent this BIOSCIENCE adspot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Real Mushrooms

• 101 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 04:45 AM

It's important to note that the bulk of the medicinal mushroom research is on fruiting body extracts yet the majority of products are made from mycelium on grain. 

Make sure to get a product made from 100% fruiting bodies that is water extracted plus alcohol extracted in the case of reishi and chaga. 

Click HERE to rent this BIOSCIENCE adspot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 Aka Poe

• 26 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 09:05 PM

I recall reading on Pubmed 20 years ago that in Tokyo they injected cancer patients with Reishi extract, not sure of the outcome. Sorry, I can not find that reference anymore.

I see studies are also being done with Reishi spores in China. Here is one post and there are others if you search. http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/24783929

Seems many mushrooms are listed as having cancer fighting properties on pubmed.

In our yard today I took some pictures (attached below) of the delicious and purported cancer inhibiting  Flammulina velupes mushroom, "Enokitake." it is commonly grown commercially indoors without lights and as such has a very different appearance than in the wild, indoors they become long albino white straw-like structures with tiny caps that are often placed in miso soup and stir fries.

Today I picked some wild cultivated Enoki mushrooms from a tree in the yard,  years ago the  Siberian Elm tree was innoculated with mycelium spawn and they come up every year at the end of fall, sometimes they are called the "snow mushroom" or "winter mushroom" as they appear even after it snows, if not exeptionally cold.

While I just googled this website for a brief overlook, I admit I have no idea of the website's integrity.

I see that amazon and Ebay have them, likely many others http://www.amazon.co...z/dp/B00Q9HD52I

Enoki's cancer fighting properties:

http://www.medicalmu...ipes-enokitake/

I wonder if any cancer fighting properties have been synthetically produced?  Are beta-glucans and triterprenoids hard to synthesize? 

Chemicals from Turkey Tail (Trametes) are produced for the pharmaceutical drug Kreston.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recently approved a clinical trial for a turkey tail extract, allowing patients with advanced prostate cancer to take it in combination with conventional chemotherapy. Another trial pending FDA approval will test the effects of taking the extract along with a vaccine treatment in women with breast cancer. These will help researchers gather safety data and continue their development of potentially transformative cancer therapy. http://www.bastyr.ed...cancer-patients

_DSC7455 copy crop.jpg

Edited by Aka Poe, 06 November 2015 - 09:10 PM.

• like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cancer, cure, tumor, treatment, mushroom

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users