LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

POLL -- Benefits/detriments for NSI-189

nsi-189 poll benefits detriments hippocampus

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Poll: Gauging the effects of NSI-189 -- A Poll (126 member(s) have cast votes)

First things first -- Did you benefit from using NSI-189?

1. Yes, it has been life-changing for the better (21 votes [16.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

2. Yes, a lot (39 votes [30.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.95%

3. Yes, a little (34 votes [26.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.98%

4. Neutral/no noticeable benefit (21 votes [16.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

5. No, it was harmful (6 votes [4.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.76%

6. No, it was very harmful (2 votes [1.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.59%

7. No, it has made my life substantially worse (3 votes [2.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.38%

How long did you use NSI-189?

1. Less than 1 week (10 votes [7.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.94%

2. 1 - 2 Weeks (16 votes [12.70%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.70%

3. 2 - 4 Weeks (28 votes [22.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

4. 1 - 2 Months (43 votes [34.13%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 34.13%

5. 2 Months+ (29 votes [23.02%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.02%

For what reason were you using NSI-189? (Multiple Selections Allowed)

1. Major Depressive Disorder (80 votes [25.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.08%

2. Social Anxiety (35 votes [10.97%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.97%

3. Generalized Anxiety Disorder (37 votes [11.60%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.60%

4. Traumatic Brain Injury (12 votes [3.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.76%

5. Substance-abuse related brain injury (25 votes [7.84%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.84%

6. Poor memory (50 votes [15.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.67%

7. Generalized cognitive enhancement/Nootropic properties (80 votes [25.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.08%

Were you ever at any point using ScienceGuy's initial group buy batch of NSI-189?

1. Yes (14 votes [11.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

2. No (112 votes [88.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 88.89%

Have you used other variations of NSI-189 and found any differences between products?

1. Yes (22 votes [17.46%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.46%

2. No (104 votes [82.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 82.54%

Would/do you plan on continuing to use NSI-189 if you were 100% certain the product was pure and legitimate?

1. Yes (100 votes [79.37%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 79.37%

2. No (26 votes [20.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.63%

If NSI-189 is considered to be one of your top/favorite nootropics/substances for mental health benefits, how would you rank it?

1. 1st (45 votes [35.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.71%

2. 2nd (25 votes [19.84%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.84%

3. 3rd (17 votes [13.49%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.49%

4. 4th (3 votes [2.38%] - View)

5. 5th (3 votes [2.38%] - View)

6. It is not one of my top five (33 votes [26.19%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.19%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Rior

• 279 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:25 PM

It seems that, so far, nobody has set up a poll regarding the benefits or detriments of NSI-189.  The NSI thread is a jumbled mess of discussion regarding benefits, product sources, validity of products, stock prices, etc. So that said, I wanted to boil it down to a simple poll to see some peoples' answers regarding the effects of their NSI.

I haven't created many polls, so I hope it's decent enough/fair enough to correctly gauge peoples' reactions.  If there are any questions that anyone think should be added, let me know.

As for your post below, if you choose to contribute, PLEASE include at least the following:

• General description of your source (Nyles, Scienceguy's, VLK, etc)
  • Benefits? Yes/no
  • Duration of use

Yes, I know much of that is repeating what's in the poll. The poll is for purposes of compilation, while your post is for purposes of expanding on your answers if you feel so inclined to do so.  

Thanks to everyone who participates!

AND PLEASE TRY NOT TO DERAIL THE TOPIC!  The general "NSI-189" thread is where further discussion of vendors/validity (unless you want to mention in your post whether or not you specifically think your specific product was legitimate), stock prices, ANYTHING unrelated to exclusively the DIRECT effects of NSI should be discussed.

Edited by Rior, 09 July 2014 - 09:26 PM.

• like x 4
  • Good Point x 1

#2 Rior

• Topic Starter
  • 279 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:24 PM

I want to apologize to those who'd like this poll to have private answers, I'm going to contact a moderator to see if they can change that as I no longer have access to do so. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 swolo

• 40 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:07 AM

No responses thus far from the people who experienced neuropathy...

#4 JackO'Roses

• 7 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:19 AM

While this might be a relatively minor annoyance when compared to MDD, is anyone experiencing

1. ravenous hunger?
  2. weight gain? 

Good Luck/God Bless

Be Safe/Be Cool

:cool:

• Agree x 1

#5 swolo

• 40 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:12 AM

no effects on appetite here

#6 tolerant

• 470 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:21 AM

This is a very good question. Yesterday I was surprised to find that if you go back in this thread, there are people whose symptoms got worse after taking it. This was my initial experience with it, although I now speculate whether it was due to another substance or incorrect form/dose/vendor of NSI as far as my needs are concerned. I have also communicated with people who experienced deterioration in depression/anxiety while taking NSI. However, there are also stories of near-miraculous recovery.

I think it is very hard to truly understand the spread of people's reactions, because some/most people who experience a bad reaction, or for whom it doesn't work after they've placed much hope in it tend to be to depressed to post their reactions, especially in light of all the positive reactions being posted. Similarly, some/most people who use these forums to unearth a treatment for MDD/anxiety and experience a great reaction from NSI also do not share their experience, because a natural reaction to getting better from depression is to stay away from forums dealing with depression, i.e. they are no longer interested in posting and/or make a conscious decision to stay away from anything that reminds them of depression (which is what I would do unless or until I had a total remission and knew that I was bullet-proof).

So in the end what you are bound to get for the most part is experience from regulars of these forums, who try multiple substances and just post away in any case.

I also can very much relate to you being averse to trying stuff that takes weeks to kick in. When you have treatment-resistant MDD, you eventually find that the repetitive experience of being given drugs for weeks/months just to see if they work generates so much anxiety that it feels better not to try anything at all or to try only those drugs which you will know within a matter of hours or days whether it works or not.

I second your suggestion of creating a separate thread for people's experiences with taking NSI for MDD/anxiety. I don't know if you can do polls on this site, but doing it in the form of a poll would result in a greater number of people wiling to share. I haven't sifted through either this thread or the group buy threads, but from rough information that I heard, I believe that there are probably over 100 people on these boards who have tried NSI, maybe significantly more. So getting all their feedback together could be very valuable.

In other words, I would suggest a PRIVATE poll. Otherwise people who haven't enjoyed benefits will not want to come here and spoil the party. I think the poll will fill up with answers eventually, but at first you'll just be getting answers from a dozen or so people who have already shared their experience at length on these forums. And you'll get less answers overall than if if it was a private poll.

Edited by tolerant, 11 July 2014 - 04:04 AM.

• like x 1

#7 Rior

• Topic Starter
  • 279 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 08:05 AM

This is a very good question. Yesterday I was surprised to find that if you go back in this thread, there are people whose symptoms got worse after taking it. This was my initial experience with it, although I now speculate whether it was due to another substance or incorrect form/dose/vendor of NSI as far as my needs are concerned. I have also communicated with people who experienced deterioration in depression/anxiety while taking NSI. However, there are also stories of near-miraculous recovery.

I think it is very hard to truly understand the spread of people's reactions, because some/most people who experience a bad reaction, or for whom it doesn't work after they've placed much hope in it tend to be to depressed to post their reactions, especially in light of all the positive reactions being posted. Similarly, some/most people who use these forums to unearth a treatment for MDD/anxiety and experience a great reaction from NSI also do not share their experience, because a natural reaction to getting better from depression is to stay away from forums dealing with depression, i.e. they are no longer interested in posting and/or make a conscious decision to stay away from anything that reminds them of depression (which is what I would do unless or until I had a total remission and knew that I was bullet-proof).

So in the end what you are bound to get for the most part is experience from regulars of these forums, who try multiple substances and just post away in any case.

I also can very much relate to you being averse to trying stuff that takes weeks to kick in. When you have treatment-resistant MDD, you eventually find that the repetitive experience of being given drugs for weeks/months just to see if they work generates so much anxiety that it feels better not to try anything at all or to try only those drugs which you will know within a matter of hours or days whether it works or not.

I second your suggestion of creating a separate thread for people's experiences with taking NSI for MDD/anxiety. I don't know if you can do polls on this site, but doing it in the form of a poll would result in a greater number of people wiling to share. I haven't sifted through either this thread or the group buy threads, but from rough information that I heard, I believe that there are probably over 100 people on these boards who have tried NSI, maybe significantly more. So getting all their feedback together could be very valuable.

In other words, I would suggest a PRIVATE poll. Otherwise people who haven't enjoyed benefits will not want to come here and spoil the party. I think the poll will fill up with answers eventually, but at first you'll just be getting answers from a dozen or so people who have already shared their experience at length on these forums. And you'll get less answers overall than if if it was a private poll.

Yes, currently in discussion with site engineers in regards to making the poll private. Should be soon enough.

#8 tolerant

• 470 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:25 AM

Actually, I've come around a bit on this issue. While a private poll would still be a good idea, I see the value of having a public poll. That way you can identify people who had a similar experience and message them.

#9 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,212 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:41 AM

I want to see the results, but I do not use NSI-189 and if I answer, will add noise to your poll. Is there a way to see the results without answering? Or when I do the poll, then will I be able to remove my answer?  

#10 tolerant

• 470 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:59 AM

Yes, just press the "Show Results" button. It's right next to the "Vote" button.

#11 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,212 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:25 AM

I was wondering what will be the effect over eldery persons with a senile dementia.

It will be great if a correlation can be made between:

First:

For what reason were you using NSI-189?

Poor memory (12 votes [21.82%] - View)

Generalized cognitive enhancement/Nootropic properties (12 votes [21.82%] - View)

and

Second:

Did you benefit from using NSI-189?

Yes, it has been life-changing for the better (5 votes [26.32%] - View)

Yes, a lot (5 votes [26.32%] - View)

Yes, a little (5 votes [26.32%] - View)

Thus will be shown at which extends it may change the cognitive functions of an old person.

Has anyone used it to an elder person? For example to his/her grandfather/grandmother?

#12 redFishBlueFish

• 186 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:18 AM

I would be curious to know in what ways was it "life changing?" The term "life changing" is open for translation.

#13 teebos

• 6 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:44 PM

the poll seems confusing results

#14 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 23 September 2014 - 01:15 PM

Answering the question has anyone given nsi-189 to an old person(my brain feels like it's 90) then yes it really does bring back some memories they are not nearly as easy to store but they are there. I do not believe they would be without it
Answering the question has anyone given nsi-189 to an old person(my brain feels like it's 90) then yes it really does bring back some memories they are not nearly as easy to store but they are there. I do not believe they would be without it
But as you can see. Cognition still a major problem
  • Informative x 1

#15 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 23 September 2014 - 01:25 PM

Everyone seems to agree that there has been an improvement of some sort

#16 Mr Matsubayashi

• 226 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 September 2014 - 01:17 PM

Everyone seems to agree that there has been an improvement of some sort

Muscle Twitches? haha

I'll give it another go sometime. Nothing positive to report here.

#17 jefferson

• 89 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 September 2014 - 08:17 PM

Using this drug twice at low doses for Major Depression Disorder gave me Small Fiber Peripheral Neuropathy which still hasn't gone away nearly 3 months later. Without neuropathic pain meds, it would be like a bad sunburn on my legs, arms, and neck, every single night. This had a profoundly negative effect on me. There is a risk to using this drug, even if it only hurts 1/100 people, be aware.

It's still believable to me this drug has helped some people, but there are several factors skewing the poll towards a positive result.

1. Lack of placebo controlled group.

2. Selective Bias- those who had neutral results probably are less driven to do the poll than those who had "life changing" results.

3. A public poll might bias the results in unknown ways versus a private poll where identities are concealed.

4. NSI-189 was only designed to treat depression. People who have other cognitive or neurological problems should be taking a separate poll, as it wouldn't be surprising if the drug failed to help them.

It's still better than nothing, though.

Edited by jefferson, 24 September 2014 - 08:18 PM.

• like x 2
  • Good Point x 2
  • Informative x 1

#18 Razor444

• 240 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 07:35 PM

Just voted.

For me, NSI-189 was a negative, after 2+ weeks. Memory impairment!

Dose: 40mg q.d.

Initially, verbal fluency improved; this diminished with time...

#19 Razor444

• 240 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 08:27 PM

Just voted.

For me, NSI-189 was a negative, after 2+ weeks. Memory impairment!

Dose: 40mg q.d.

Initially, verbal fluency improved; this diminished with time...

After further trials, I consider NSI-189 to be effective. The THT.co NSI-189 is very strong: I should have tested the dosage more rigorously!

#20 Fenix_

• 183 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 April 2015 - 12:09 AM

Benefits: small but still significant improvements in mood, memory, clinical trials show promise

Downsides: expensive, effects seem to wear off after awhile, research is not publicly available

best to cycle this one imo

#21 sk_scientific

• 256 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 August 2015 - 05:02 PM

Actually, Jefferson.

NSI-189 wasn't designed only to treat depression.  It was designed to prevent brain atrophy in soldiers who, owing to warzone conditions, would stay awake for many days at a time.  The finding that NSI-189 treated depression specifically came about through subsequent research and testing of the compound.  It was then hypothesized that NSI-189 could be beneficial for a variety of disorders, at least openly.

• Enjoying the show x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • Agree x 1

#22 jefferson

• 89 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 August 2015 - 04:48 PM

NSI-189 was designed to help soldiers recover from hippocampal atrophy. It was not designed to treat traumatic brain injury that damages other brain structures. I would not expect someone with ADD to benefit from NSI-189 since that is primarily a disorder of the prefrontal cortex, but you never know. That is why it really matters what type of cognitive dysfunction these people are taking it for.

• Off-Topic x 1
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#23 sk_scientific

• 256 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 August 2015 - 07:26 PM

NSI-189 was designed to help soldiers recover from hippocampal atrophy. It was not designed to treat traumatic brain injury that damages other brain structures. I would not expect someone with ADD to benefit from NSI-189 since that is primarily a disorder of the prefrontal cortex, but you never know. That is why it really matters what type of cognitive dysfunction these people are taking it for.

Pretty sure NSI-189 was designed for your mom.

• Enjoying the show x 5
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 4
  • Unfriendly x 4
  • Needs references x 3
  • Off-Topic x 2
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • dislike x 1

#24 sk_scientific

• 256 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 August 2015 - 01:07 PM

"Needs references", haha.  Good one.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 3
  • Off-Topic x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 2
  • Needs references x 1
  • Agree x 1
  • dislike x 1

#25 signsandwonders

• 13 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:54 AM

I've been taking 2x20mg for 20 days. Not really sure I've had any effects besides placebo and some side effects.

#26 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 January 2016 - 11:14 PM

why nobody points to a reliable source in here?

#27 Baten

• 785 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 07:52 AM

why nobody points to a reliable source in here?

sources are not openly spoken about because of fear of NeurelStem shutting them down, obviously 

#28 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 January 2016 - 05:53 PM

oh ok thats great.

#29 stillwater

• 116 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 06:23 PM

I wasn't going to bother reporting an experience I had with NSI-189 around 6 months ago, but thought it's kind of the point of being on this forum, giving and receiving feedback on our substance experiences.  

I've done three rounds of NSI189 in total, staggered about 5-6 months between each session. Each time I took it for around 50 days. Each time I did receive a mild antidepressant response around the 3 week mark. The first time I took it, I found the anxiety intolerable and wound up adding memantine to combat the anxiety, which worked.  The second and third time I took NSI , I didn't feel that much anxiety and was able to take it on its own. I exclusively took it sublingually at around 10-15 mg a day, with minimal to no side effects. 

Unfortunately around the 4 week mark on the 3rd trial , I began to get shooting nerve pains and burning sensations in my legs. I ignored it for a few days but it got worse and in reviewing these threads and seeing a handful of others having a similar experience, I decided to quite the NSI.  The nerve pains didn't disappear and now 6 months later I think it's finally beginning to fade a bit.  

I'm not suggesting at all that people refrain from using NSI but rather keep an eye out for this side effect and perhaps then make the choice to discontinue if it occurs. I don't regret trying it and think it seems to be a rare occurrence overall.   

• Informative x 2

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 chrisp2

• 166 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 07:44 PM

Any thoughts on the MOA for that nerve pain?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189, poll, benefits, detriments, hippocampus

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users