Photo

Nicotinamide Mononucleotide (NMN) soon to be available as a supplement

nmn sinclair sirtuin nad

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 APBT

• 906 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:37 PM

RevGenetics is accepting pre-orders for NMN (pricey):  http://www.revgeneti..._eid=73a00a1779

• unsure x 1
  • like x 1

#2 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:59 PM

Might be pricey, or might be a good deal... It's $150 a bottle, but there's no mention of how much is in the bottle! 

• Agree x 3
  • Disagree x 2

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 APBT

• Topic Starter
  • 906 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:12 PM

Might be pricey, or might be a good deal... It's $150 a bottle, but there's no mention of how much is in the bottle! 

If you read the small print, it says there are 60 capsules per bottle for research.  But, I saw no mention of how much NMN is in each cap, nor a suggested dosing protocol.  

Edited by APBT, 24 July 2014 - 09:40 PM.

#4 APBT

• Topic Starter
  • 906 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:15 PM

I contacted RevGenetics for clarification regarding the amount of NMN per capsule and dosage protocol, here’s their reply:

I apologize for the delayed response, as I was taking a further look into your inquiry. Unfortunately at the moment there has not been any disclosure as to the dosage or milligrams per capsule of NMN. Our scientists are finalizing their research and with that in mind, there has been no final determination of dosage and milligrams. We will be disclosing that information later on.

Thank You,

• like x 1

#5 StevesPetRat

• 565 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:24 AM

I can see the marketing slogan already!

"NMN: For when 2 steps to NAD+ is 1 too many"

This is exciting news, though. Thanks for sharing. At the very least, it may help drive down the NR price.

• Agree x 2

#6 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:07 AM

At the very least, it may help drive down the NR price.

Or maybe drive it up.  Kinda depends on the outcome of the mystery dose.  I don't see how they can price it before knowing how much NMN it will be.  I guess the target market isn't very price sensitive.

• Good Point x 1

#7 Phoenicis

• 339 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:40 AM

NMN does have to be converted back into NR before it enters a cell and wasn't very competitive with either NR or NA here. If this is cheaper than NR, then it may be worth a go, but otherwise whats the point?

"Our results demonstrate that, besides nicotinamide and nicotinic acid, only the corresponding nucleosides readily enter the cells. Nucleotides (e.g. NAD and NMN) undergo extracellular degradation resulting in the formation of permeable precursors."

→ source (external link)

Edited by Phoenicis, 31 July 2014 - 02:59 AM.

• Good Point x 2
  • like x 1

#8 Bryan_S

• 1,217 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:12 PM

NMN does have to be converted back into NR before it enters a cell and wasn't very competitive with either NR or NA here. If this is cheaper than NR, then it may be worth a go, but otherwise whats the point?

"Our results demonstrate that, besides nicotinamide and nicotinic acid, only the corresponding nucleosides readily enter the cells. Nucleotides (e.g. NAD and NMN) undergo extracellular degradation resulting in the formation of permeable precursors."

→ source (external link)

The same thing ran through my mind as I read this topic header.

The Parameters for the new nicotinamide riboside (NR) study on dosage were published. Topic Link On that thread I'm also soliciting questions for ChromaDex to be compiled for a FAQ. They've seen our community questions on this thread and think this is a good move.

Edited by Bryan_S, 01 August 2014 - 04:15 PM.

• like x 1

#9 Primal

• 95 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:09 AM

maybe they ordered 5 kg and will simply put 5000/(60n) grams per capsules (n=number of bottles sold by November) lol

#10 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:27 AM

Egaceutical® Corporation is selling it. The site looks a bit sketchy:
http://www.egaceutical.com/?page_id=10

The link is to their science page as the product page is ... uninspiring and the graphic is worth a look.

If its true that nicotinamide riboside kinase (Nk1 & Nk2 in the graphic) is not available in all cells there may be interesting results from NMN.

Is Nrk1/2 really not available in all cell types?

#11 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 03:07 AM

Where do you see it for sale on that site and what is the price?

Egaceutical® Corporation is selling it. The site looks a bit sketchy:
http://www.egaceutical.com/?page_id=10

The link is to their science page as the product page is ... uninspiring and the graphic is worth a look.

If its true that nicotinamide riboside kinase (Nk1 & Nk2 in the graphic) is not available in all cells there may be interesting results from NMN.

Is Nrk1/2 really not available in all cell types?

#12 M-K

• 67 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 03:58 AM

Looks like a B2B thing.

#13 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:25 PM

Where do you see it for sale on that site and what is the price?

The links at the top of the page include a 'Product/s" link.
So I assume they sell the 'product' but yes; there aren't any further links to pricing or anything.
Email them.

#14 M-K

• 67 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 03:10 AM

Didn't some article tell us that NMN has to convert to NR to enter cells, then convert back to NMN?

#15 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 October 2014 - 03:29 AM

Didn't some article tell us that NMN has to convert to NR to enter cells, then convert back to NMN?

Nope; it seems its broken right down to Nicotinomide in the gut.
http://www.longecity...absorbed/page-2

#16 Grim Reaper

• 23 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 04:21 AM

Thanks APBT. I ordered some a few days after your original post. Still no shipment. I am wondering why MIT's Dr. Lenard Guarente is saying not to take NMN and Niagen at the same time? Maybe Pappas knows? I am taking sublingual NADH, Niagen, B complex, and NMN soon.  Can anyone help old Grim keep breathin? Somebody has to turn the lights out.

#17 VERITAS INCORRUPTUS

• 257 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 05:37 PM

Is this product available as yet? Notably, the synthesis seemed quite prohibitive within our evaluation.  As such, I am quite curious as to the pricing per amount they are looking to put this out as.  Perhaps they found a viable method.  At this time we have abandoned this pursuit.

If by chance anyone wishes to conduct research with pure NAD+ we are carrying that (link herein), and working on an improved synthesis of NR in attempt to reduce costs and potentially distribute to market.  Admittedly, our chemists working on this have encountered much difficulty with process and purification, but it is still being pursued.

To note, there is a study displaying that NAD itself is well absorbed orally and in a far superior fashion to NADH, which is shown in that study to be metabolically altered within the digestive tract to agents that were not identifiable within the scope of the study.  Within that study NADH displayed a lack of significant oral bioavailabilty, however, again, NAD did show solid oral ROA efficacy.

The above referenced study is cited within the below link so to get some further overview see this link perhaps that gives a brief overview:

http://teamtlr.com/a...ide-nad-99.html    ;)

TIA,

VI (or TeamTLR)

• Disagree x 1

#18 to age or not to age

• 151 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:28 PM

Thanks APBT. I ordered some a few days after your original post. Still no shipment. I am wondering why MIT's Dr. Lenard Guarente is saying not to take NMN and Niagen at the same time? Maybe Pappas knows? I am taking sublingual NADH, Niagen, B complex, and NMN soon.  Can anyone help old Grim keep breathin? Somebody has to turn the lights out.

I have not heard Dr Guarente say that.  What Lenny said was that both (either) work.

What he also said - and this seems important - is that increasing NAD with either of these

substances increases the effectiveness of compounds like resveratrol exponentially.

#19 Grim Reaper

• 23 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:43 PM

I have not heard Dr Guarente say that.  What Lenny said was that both (either) work.

What he also said - and this seems important - is that increasing NAD with either of these

substances increases the effectiveness of compounds like resveratrol exponentially.

Thank you very much for your response. I wonder what he me means at the very end of "NAD and age reversal part 4" when asked if the two should be used in combination, answers, "no, it's usually either or." The YouTube interview.

#20 to age or not to age

• 151 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 04:02 PM

What Guarente meant by "it's usually either or" was that either - on its own - will do the job of increasing NAD.

That day, I was very carefully trying to get Lenny to tell whether you have to take both in combination to achieve an increase in NAD.  I already knew that the NMN David used was very expensive and not yet available.  Lenny was confirming

that NR would do the job.  I'm certain of his meaning. 

• like x 1

#21 Grim Reaper

• 23 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 04:45 PM

Great. Thanks for the clarification!

#22 Grim Reaper

• 23 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 06:24 AM

I got this email Revgenetics today. Bummer.

Anthony Loera <anthony@revgenetics.com>

8:10 PM (6 hours ago)

Hi everyone, this is Anthony from RevGenetics.

I am sending this email to you because you have Pre-Ordered the NMN: Nicotinamide Mononucleotide from our website.

I wanted to update you on the status of your order, and whether or not this will be produced.

We have spoken to the lab recently, and the quality was less than we hoped for in our first attempt to produce this material for you. Because of this and some other projects for the lab, we have stopped taking pre-orders for this product as we will be working on producing a quality product for our customers. The problem is that it can take longer than normal, as we do have other projects that the lab is working on.

As stated in our web page, we will fully refund your orders without a problem. We will start providing refund between November 1st through November 6th. Please keep an eye out for these.

As the holidays are approaching, our aim is to provide 3 new products that have not been seen before and are already in the manufacturing stage, plus we are also offering a trial for a special Carbon based shaving lotion that I have personally been using over the last 3 months, and seems to keep my skin looking great.

While I prefer to have provided you the NMN you have ordered from us, the fact is that we could not offer something of a lesser quality than we normally are used to providing. I apologize, but we will continue attempting to produce this in early 2015.

I just didn't want to hold on to your funds for such a long time, while we work to provide this product.

In the meantime, look for the new products within the next few weeks, we hope you find them interesting enough to purchase one or more of them from RevGenetics.

Thanks again for trusting us to produce some of the best products in the world. Without your support, we would never be able to offer some unique products for longevity, mental health, mitochondria health, physical recovery and multi-pathway gene activation.

Anthony Loera
President
RevGenetics

Edited by Grim Reaper, 27 October 2014 - 06:28 AM.

#23 VERITAS INCORRUPTUS

• 257 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:30 PM

I am not sure where or if I mentioned this prior within the site, but I am with TeamTLR and we had several of our chemists who are well versed in synthesis of this nature look at this and other such related derivatives.  The synthesis for NMN in particular was formidably expensive.  Best of luck to them if they can achieve any viable cost effective synthesis, but I suspect if they do this production run there will be a scant amount of the active supplied.

As well, within other threads discussing NAD+ enhancement it appears those so within these discussions (which are very strong, scientifically based discussions) have most all come to the conjecture that NMN is not really a superior method (precursor).  Within that, for those so interested in elevating NAD+ levels may want to read up on recent posts within these related threads.

#24 StevesPetRat

• 565 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 07:10 PM

So, why not just use niacinamide and resveratrol to boost NAMPT?

#25 frabjous

• 13 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 03:40 AM

Hi guys. There is a NMN supplement now on the market for a reasonable price. Check it.

Fractalhealth.com
  • unsure x 2
  • Needs references x 1

#26 Grim Reaper

• 23 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 05:07 AM

I wish I had the money to test it's purity. My canaries are all dead. I do have one guinea pig left though.

Edited by Grim Reaper, 15 September 2015 - 05:13 AM.

#27 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 06:11 AM

Reasonable price...haha. $55 for 120mg. We were aiming for $100 to $200 per kg!!

#28 Bryan_S

• 1,217 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 06:15 AM

Hi guys. There is a NMN supplement now on the market for a reasonable price. Check it.

Fractalhealth.com

They appeared on my radar again today.

http://www.fractalhe...om/product/nmn/

They appear to be LiftMode, same address and phone number. Very strange omission on the website, they list a phone number without an area code and have an embedded map showing Muscle Beach 1800 Ocean Front Walk Venice, CA 90291. They list an address of 47 W. Polk St STE 100241 without a city or state. LiftMode is in Chicago, IL 60605 but when I search the entire address I get yet another business called NewMind. At any rate from a cost standpoint its more expensive than NR and it would need to be lab tested and certified. Niner seems to know more about this operation than I do but I think these three companies are one in the same.

http://www.longecity...reviews-please/

#29 Kirito

• 63 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 09:43 AM

Fractalhealth.com

They appeared on my radar again today.

http://www.fractalhe...om/product/nmn/

They appear to be LiftMode, same address and phone number. Very strange omission on the website, they list a phone number without an area code and have an embedded map showing Muscle Beach 1800 Ocean Front Walk Venice, CA 90291. They list an address of 47 W. Polk St STE 100241 without a city or state. LiftMode is in Chicago, IL 60605 but when I search the entire address I get yet another business called NewMind. At any rate from a cost standpoint its more expensive than NR and it would need to be lab tested and certified. Niner seems to know more about this operation than I do but I think these three companies are one in the same.

http://www.longecity...reviews-please/

On top of that, the social media icons on that site link to some personal social media profiles. And on the Fractal Health NMN Amazon.com listing, in the Q&A, it is revealed that the NMN was acquired from an undisclosed Asian supplier.

http://www.amazon.co... mononucleotide

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#30 Bryan_S

• 1,217 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 05:24 PM

On top of that, the social media icons on that site link to some personal social media profiles. And on the Fractal Health NMN Amazon.com listing, in the Q&A, it is revealed that the NMN was acquired from an undisclosed Asian supplier.

http://www.amazon.co... mononucleotide

That cinches it . . . only more reason to independently test it and see if it contains any NMN! 

• Agree x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nmn, sinclair, sirtuin, nad

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users