Synthetic Resveratrol And Acceptable Residual Solvents Poll

resveratrol synthetic emodin solvents residual

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 05:52 PM

So I was talking to TheFountain on another thread (http://goo.gl/8Q6h7u) about Synthetic Resveratrol.

He gave me the impression that apparently Residual Solvents might be ok for some of you, as long as the resveratrol is cheap. I wouldn't use synthetic resveratrol unless I knew it was clean. At this time, we simply don't use it because lots of things can go wrong, and the good german synthetic stuff is waaayy over priced.

Now personally I might have gotten the wrong impression, but nonetheless I decided to see if I can throw out the question to the community.

Below is a list of residual solvents used in synthetic resveratrol.

I actually got this list from a manufacturer of synthetic resveratrol so it is pretty complete. So for this poll, please simply respond with which of these you would be ok with to have in your synthetic resveratrol and PPM. (Personally we use plant based resveratrol to avoid this, as the last time we tested synthetic res from china it was imho a little high in Toulene). No I obviously know the safety limits on these, so I obviously would not manufacture anything that the FDA would find dangerous or that I would not give my family.

30 PPM = 0.03 mg/gram

(PPM = Parts Per Million)

Below are the solvents and other things, please let me know if you would be ok with these at 30 PPM, 20 PPM, 10 PPM or 5 PPM:

Ethanol 
Acetone 
Ethyl Acetate 
Toluene 
Isopropanol 
Methanol  
Hexane 
Chloroform 
Benzene  
Tetrahydofuran 
Methylene Chloride  
Dioxane  
Butanol  
Tetrahydrofuran 

Other things that may be added/used in synthetic res manufacturing:
p-Anisaldehyde
Chloride 
Oxalic Acid
Aluminum (Al)
Sodium (Na)

For Europeans I would include Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAH) as well, but I personally think that list is just too long to include.

#2 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 10:38 PM

The American Petroleum Institute (API) stated in 1948 that "it is generally considered that the only absolutely safe concentration for benzene is zero."

- American Petroleum Institute, API Toxicological Review, Benzene, September 1948, Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry, Department of Health and Human Services

• WellResearched x 2

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 malbecman

• 733 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 05:58 PM

I"d be okay with the alcohols at 5-10ppm and maybe the ethyl acetate but the others, no.  No amount would be acceptable.  Many of those are known or suspected carcinogens or mutagens.

Source: I am a PhD chemist and studied toxicology as an undergrad.

• Informative x 2
  • WellResearched x 1

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 LongLife

• 145 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 09:17 PM

ANTHONY_LOERA:

Can you share with me what you formulate? I live in Peru and would like to formulate a few things (here/from here). You can PM me if you like. Thank you Tony.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: resveratrol, synthetic, emodin, solvents, residual

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users