• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Resveratrol in MCT Oil (or other fatty oils)

resveratrol mct oil

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 October 2016 - 04:29 PM

As we know the problem with Resveratrol has been that it’s poorly absorbed, has an extremely short half-life, is destroyed easily by light, and oxidizes quickly when exposed to air. For these reasons, extremely high dosages are needed and even then, they’re fragility makes them a big gamble in the precise confines of pharmaceutical dosings.

I was wondering if, because resveratrol is lipid soluble much like pterostilbene, if mixing it with a lipid oil such as coconut derived MCT would enhance or protect it from the above issues.

Would anybody know?

• Cheerful x 1

#2 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 05:41 PM

Would anybody know?

Not to be too much of a downer, but some of us have been playing around with resverstrol concoctions for more than a decade; I think if it did anything glorious to "slow aging" we might have hints by now. And Sinclair declared to have developed compounds "thousands of times more bioavailable than resverstrol..." when did he say that, like five years ago, ha, so I'd say save your money, eat a plant based diet, experiment with hunger and food deprivation, stay lean and fit, reduce stress, and wait for better SENs like solutions to come online.

Meanwhile, it's frustrating, ain't it?

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Nate-2004

• Topic Starter
  • 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 October 2016 - 05:52 PM

Would anybody know?

Not to be too much of a downer, but some of us have been playing around with resverstrol concoctions for more than a decade; I think if it did anything glorious to "slow aging" we might have hints by now. And Sinclair declared to have developed compounds "thousands of times more bioavailable than resverstrol..." when did he say that, like five years ago, ha, so I'd say save your money, eat a plant based diet, experiment with hunger and food deprivation, stay lean and fit, reduce stress, and wait for better SENs like solutions to come online.

Meanwhile, it's frustrating, ain't it?

Yeah when googling MCT and resveratrol I just never found anything specific to that or lipids or oils but maybe I wasn't doing the right search. Just one more idea of what might work but you're right, by now we should have been seeing some kind of results similar to CR in terms of slowing aging or reversing it.

I cannot restrict my diet, it would destroy all productivity and life would only seem longer because I'd be miserable, and from all the research I did over the past couple of days on fasting, there is very little research or evidence to support fasting for 72 hrs as a way to regenerate the immune system. Either no one has tried duplicating the 2014 experiment or they did try it and failed and the results were never published because they weren't positive. Also the longer lived a species, the less CR works as a solution apparently, according to Aburey De Grey.

My life is pretty stress free, especially after working from home and getting rid of my car and living in the city and getting toxic people out of my life. I'm sure I pretty much bought myself 10 years on that alone. I'm still single at 42, and age isn't helpful in that arena, so yeah, super frustrating there as well. I want my youth back. 

All this aside, there is still so very little research on pterostilbene compared to resveratrol, and nobody knows if it even works the same way, or that it even activates SIRT. The claim is that it does but there is zero evidence for that (due to no research for that specifically). So I was hoping that the above issues with resveratrol could be resolved somehow and wondering whether anyone tried it in lipid solutions.

Edited by Nate-2004, 05 October 2016 - 05:53 PM.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 06:16 PM

As a long term calorie restriction practitioner and fasting enthusiast, I'd say yeah De Gray is probably right that CR won't slow aging very much for us. We in the CR community (not that I'm speaking for anyone other than myself) we're pretty discouraged by the UW and NIH macaque studies. But fasting might show some promise, have you read and listened to Valter Longo?

I understand very, very well what a challenge fasting is; but I look at it as learning to play a musical instrument. At first I'm horrible, frustrated, and want instant gratification, blah blah...

CR and fasting probably won't let us live longer, but these are for now our best hopes to delay age-related maladies. And for me, as De Gray drives the point home so very well, human metabolism is just so wildly complex that no silver bullet compound like pterostilbene, resveratrol, NR, aspirin, metformin, rapa, or anything else is likely to slow the program of aging. Incidentally, my guess is that aging is a combo of wear and tear and genetically programmed. SENs is the answer, I think, and wouldn't it be nice if humans put as much effort into solving aging as we do in, say, developing stupid cell phone tech...
  • Good Point x 2
  • Cheerful x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: resveratrol, mct, oil

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users