• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Motivation/Energy/Drive/Ambition - what helps?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 dr feelwell

• 4 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 05:57 AM

Although I have no depression or any psychological problems - I still have no desire/motivation to *achieve* stuff. The only thing that helps is Adderall but I can't use it because it is not available in a country where I live nowadays (Europe). Oh btw, I had 20x100mg modafinil (Provigil) and while it lasted - it worked great for my unmotivation. But it's too expensive. Should I try Adrafinil instead? Or...

Picamilon,
Rhodiola Rosea,
SAM,
TMG,
SJW,
Enada NADH,
L-Theanine
Ephedrine HCL
Kava-Kava
Phenibut
Aniracetam/Oxiracetam/Pramiracetam
Omega-3
Piracetam+Creatine
Selegiline/Deprenyl
Tramadol (Ultram)
Oxy/Vicodin/Heroin/other opiates
Reboxetine
Stablon (tianeptine)
Survector (amineptine)
Phenibut
2-Aminoindan
Adrafinil
Modafinil (way too expensive)
Pyritinol

I've tried dopamine-agonists (parkinson drugs: Selegiline/Deprenyl and Trivastal and they dont help for motivation/drive/ambition). What should I do?

#2 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 February 2006 - 06:12 AM

organic coffee!!!

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 catshmat

• 34 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 07:51 AM

India doesn't honor patents so you could probably order some indian modafanil for MUCH cheaper than other places. If it worked great then it may be best to stick with it...may take like 3 or 4 weeks to arrive. Brand name Modalert manufactured by Sun Pharma.

#4 magr

• 157 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 04:48 PM

Tramadol (Ultram)
Oxy/Vicodin/Heroin/other opiates

Sounds like a plan. [thumb] [huh]

#5 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 February 2006 - 05:29 PM

LOL i missed the heroin reference... yea, u should probably stay away from heroin...

#6 xanadu

• 1,917 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 06:33 PM

You mentioned phenibut twice and it does the opposite of motivation. It doesn't demotivate you but it's a downer. I'd recommend sjw, alcar and perhaps pyritonol

#7 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 07:05 PM

Galantamine
Chocamine

What is your diet/exercise routine like?

#8 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 07:18 PM

Heroin is great motivation if you want to get more heroin in the very near future. :)

Picamilon has done some good things for me, probably the most effective "nootropic" I have taken so far.

#9 rhakshasa

• 136 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 10:02 PM

organic coffee!!!

wat the difference between organic and normal coffe?

#10 exigentsky

• 262 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 11:06 PM

Organic coffee is grown more naturally and without toxic pesticides or NPK fertilizer, I think.

#11 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 11:32 PM

Organic coffee is grown without synthetic agrochemicals, i.e toxic pesticides, fungicides, etc which are proven to be harmful to your health. N-P-K fertilizer, and other pesticides are used (when necessary), but they come from natural sources, either animal/botanical/entomological/pure mineral, and are not produced synthetically. All embryophytes, including coffee need nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium, as well as the usual micro-nutrients, and they get it all from organic fertilizers. You get a non-toxic, natural, and many would argue better testing product. Organic coffee is how coffee has tasted for hundreds of years, and I like it better.

There is a thread in "food, nutrition and exercise" on organic farming that you may find interesting. :)

#12 REGIMEN

• 570 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 12:08 AM

I have no depression or any psychological problems - I still have no desire/motivation to *achieve* stuff

That's a very good indicator of the early developing stages of dysthymia, for what that's worth...

I would consider Tianeptine, Galantamine, and Picamilon. In fact, that would be a sweet regimen. With some Piracetam.
[Maybe replace Picamilon(GABA-activity) with Hydergine(Dopamine-activity).]

#13 hughchi

• 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 04:51 PM

There are many excellent CNS stimulants available in Europe which if used responsibly can have very beneficial psychological effects for someone suffering from a lack of motivation, difficulty focussing ones thoughts and other similar problems.

At one end of the spectrum is Ritalin produced by the Novartis Group, Switzerland. At the other end is Captagon, once produced by AstaPharma, Germany, though I don't know if it is still manufactured after all the negative press it received. Personally, I used it responsibly for over a decade and they were, unquestionably, the most productive years of my life.

These days, I use various combinations of Ritalin, Piracetam, Hydergine, Selegiline, Gamma Aminobutyric Acid, Lecithin, and other substances, always self-monitoring my mental and physical states to arrive at the best dosages and combinations on an on-going basis.

I was first prescribed Ritalin by the family doctor back in 1966 and have been taking it and other CNS stimulants including Dexamphetamine, Methamphetamine, Pemoline, Fenethyline and others since. I'm now 55 years old, married with two children, in excellent mental and physical health and continue to live a great life thanks to the lifetime effects of responsible use of CNS stimulants.

#14 jackinbox

• 452 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 09:28 PM

Did you try Dexedrine (Dextroamphetamine)? It's the closest thing to Adderall you can find.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#15 power.bulls.x

• 115 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 04:00 PM

India doesn't honor patents so you could probably order some indian modafanil for MUCH cheaper than other places. If it worked great then it may be best to stick with it...may take like 3 or 4 weeks to arrive. Brand name Modalert manufactured by Sun Pharma.

true i found about 100g of modafinil powder for $160.00.
will not order cause i dont have a good scal for caping powder.

Edited by pbx06, 26 March 2006 - 04:11 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users