• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

wormholes

wormholes

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 eon

• 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:45 AM

I've been curious about what a wormhole is. I don't get why it would need to be manmade? If it's supposed to do what they think it will do, then why is there a manmade aspect to it. I would assume it should exist naturally or maybe I haven't really looked deep into this.

• Good Point x 2

#2 Aeon

• 14 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 03:31 PM

Hmm...

Supposedly a connection in a curved space-time between two areas, possibly very far from each other, that could allow matter and information to travel between them. Technically, could allow travelling between the two areas instantly or at timespan that appears as if the movement is much faster than the speed of light, without actually surpassing it due to the characteristics of the curved space time inside the wormhole (i.e. the distance between the two areas is much smaller inside the wormhole than it is outside of it).

Predicted as a possible phenomenon by the theory of general relativity, though as far as I know never observed or experimentally proven.

Doesn't needs to be manmade (and most likely isn't), could possibly connect between objects like a black hole and a white hole (the later an hypothetical object that could supposedly have the matter the falls into a black hole from one point at the universe being spilled out of it). Could be very fun if it was manmade as this could possibly allow traveling between very distant points at the universe, as if you were moving faster than light, without you actually do (so allowed by relativity).

Not really an expert at it but why not answering an unanswered question from two months ago. Hope that helps.

Edited by Aeon, 22 April 2017 - 03:32 PM.

#3 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 April 2017 - 05:03 PM

I should take back the "man-made" aspect comment I made. Perhaps it already exists (wormholes), and just waiting to be "man discovered" is how it really works. Not necessarily man-made, it's just man just haven't figured it out yet.

I guess what you were describing can be interpreted as something like this; take an e-mail for example: the internet would be the wormhole, letters (or electronic mail) travel faster than physical mail (snail mail). Before the e-mail was "man discovered" the whole idea may have been thought of or pre-existed but was only waiting to be "man discovered". So anything we could think of is possible, it's just waiting to be discovered and how to put it to use.

sponsored ad

• Advert

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users