- - - - -

Garlic seems to be a good MAO-A (and MAO-B) inhibitor

garlic mao-a mao-b

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 baccheion

• 154 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 02:24 PM

I've been taking 2 (Garlicin brand) garlic pills for a while now, but recently increased the amount to 4. After doing this, I noticed disappearance of intrusive thoughts and depression, and an increase in mood. Garlic was already having noticeable physical effects (seems like less oxidation), so it now seems like a miracle supplement to me. That is, all my major genetic mutations (as shown by 23andme data) seem to be addressed by garlic.

It is anti-inflammation, anti-oxidation, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-cholesterol, anti-depression, and a motivation enhancer (due to MAO-A and MAO-B inhibition).

Has anyone tried the Garlicin brand (other brands lack the proper enteric coating, resulting in not as much allicin being released) at the dosage I mention? This is amazing to me.

I also take super rhodiola, but experienced these effects even when I just took garlic.

I'm now waiting on Gastrodin (GABA transaminase inhibitor) which should correct genetically higher levels of the GABA transaminase enzyme.

Again, I'm amazed one supplement could fix all my problems.

• Needs references x 2
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • like x 1

#2 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:40 AM

first of all, there is no study showing garlic is MAO A or B inhibitor anywhere, how did you come up with that idea?

second, you are taking rhodiola, many people have reported antidepressive effect with rhodiola and it is an actual proven MAO A and B inhibitor! even if you miss a dose and dont take it regularly, effects might last for a while so dont think garlic by itself does anything

• like x 1
  • Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 baccheion

• Topic Starter
  • 154 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 03:57 AM

first of all, there is no study showing garlic is MAO A or B inhibitor anywhere, how did you come up with that idea?

second, you are taking rhodiola, many people have reported antidepressive effect with rhodiola and it is an actual proven MAO A and B inhibitor! even if you miss a dose and dont take it regularly, effects might last for a while so dont think garlic by itself does anything

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC2792615/

Maybe garlic is working with Rhodiola, but I experienced the effects with garlic alone where there was none before it was in my system.

• unsure x 1

#4 mateusbrasil

• 31 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 August 2017 - 06:56 PM

I used the garlic alone and I can attest.
I notice the same benefits that you have cited, and even more.
Although I used in fresh form 2 teeth (8 g).

I also had nootropic effects using garlic, but only in 4 teeth (15 g), I think it is due to it being inhibiting the MAO B.

Since I discovered these benefits in myself I never stopped using it.

#5 truboy

• 178 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 09:31 PM

Baccheion are you still using garlic? It's still working for you?

#6 baccheion

• Topic Starter
  • 154 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 05:12 AM

Baccheion are you still using garlic? It's still working for you?

I haven't used it in a while, as I'm in the middle of a megadose vitamin D protocol. It didn't stop working.

#7 silvergymnasium

• 13 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 11:03 PM

were you taking aged garlic / kyolic ?

#8 baccheion

• Topic Starter
  • 154 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 11:08 AM

were you taking aged garlic / kyolic ?

It was a product called Garlicin from Nature's Way.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#9 Oakman

Posted 21 January 2019 - 02:37 PM

"Garlic extract (100 mg/kg) administered orally for 14 successive days significantly decreased brain MAO-A and MAO-B levels, as compared to the control group."

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC2792615/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: garlic, mao-a, mao-b

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users