Reputable NSI-189 source?

nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 earthwormchuck163

• 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 August 2017 - 06:42 AM

Is there any reliable source for NSI-189 left?

#2 Wayward Neuron

• 13 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 August 2017 - 11:42 AM

You can buy something that's reputed to be NSI-189 on eBay. I ordered some yesterday, but I'm looking for a place to have it independently tested prior to use. I'd be interested to hear from anyone who's tested or used what's available on eBay.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 jack black

• 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 August 2017 - 12:47 PM

Not sure about NSI189, but bought SAMe on eBay and I'm afraid it's something else.

#4 Advocatus Diaboli

• 562 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 August 2017 - 11:12 PM

@jack black, aside from the fact that there is about 637% more SAMe sold than is manufactured, what makes you believe it's something else?

Edited by Advocatus Diaboli, 10 August 2017 - 11:13 PM.

#5 Puppalupacus

• 60 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 August 2017 - 11:57 PM

Buy it direct from Lyphar or Soyoung.  Given my aggravating experiences with Lyphar, I would recommend Soyoung.

#6 Advocatus Diaboli

• 562 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 August 2017 - 12:32 AM

This PubChem link has a section under "contents" item 6.--Chemical Vendors that lists about 30 chemical company names where I assume you may be able to make a purchase.

In general, I suspect that you'll have to be careful about being able to supply a business name as well as a non-residential-sounding address in order to be sold a product. In addition, you probably will want to make it very clear that what you're buying isn't for in vivo use. You might say something like you "need it as a calibration sample for your spectrometer.

• Good Point x 1

#7 Wayward Neuron

• 13 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 August 2017 - 10:31 PM

Great suggestions. Thanks everyone!

#8 Wayward Neuron

• 13 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:10 AM

The manufacturer of the compound I ordered on eBay is Vanz Pharm. Is anyone here familiar with it?

http://www.vanzpharm.com/en/

#9 Puppalupacus

• 60 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:44 AM

When I was vetting the Chinese manufacturers, I believe Wuhan was on my list but didn't make the cut because Lyphar and Soyoung had better feedback.  Plus, let's be honest here:  anyone reselling is buying from one of those two.  It's probably all the same with just varying levels of heavy metals.

Thanks for that info.  I really hate dealing directly with the manufacturers.  Moneygram isn't a big deal, but the language barrier can be such a pain.  eBay is painless.

Edited by Puppalupacus, 12 August 2017 - 11:47 AM.

#10 Shithead

• 7 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:39 PM

Do you have any idea of which heavy metals, and their concentration? Do you know of anyone that has conducted testing, and is there any way to obtain a copy of the testing report?

#11 Puppalupacus

• 60 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:48 PM

I was kind of tongue-in-cheek when I said that.  However, it is a concern.  You can't trust CoA's, so third party testing is recommended if you want to be absolutely sure.  A popular third party tester is Colmaric Analyticals, http://www.colmaricanalyticals.com/.  I've never used them, and I think it only makes economical sense if you are going to resell.  I believe the sample size required is quite large.  I purchased my last batch of 10g from Lyphar and have been using it without any ill effects.

Edited by Puppalupacus, 12 August 2017 - 10:53 PM.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#12 Wayward Neuron

• 13 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:43 AM

When I was vetting the Chinese manufacturers, I believe Wuhan was on my list but didn't make the cut because Lyphar and Soyoung had better feedback.  Plus, let's be honest here:  anyone reselling is buying from one of those two.  It's probably all the same with just varying levels of heavy metals.

Thanks for that info.  I really hate dealing directly with the manufacturers.  Moneygram isn't a big deal, but the language barrier can be such a pain.  eBay is painless.

Thanks for the info, Puppalupacus!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users