- - - - -

Cera-Q

silk fibroin cera-q bf-7 neurosilk

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ta5

• 952 posts
Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:31 PM

Cera-Q is a silk fibroin protein hydrolysate that the producer claims helps with memory, word recall, and learning.

Does anyone have an experience with it? Sounds like a scam. Glycine and alanine doesn't impress me.

Comprising bioactive peptides with a unique amino acid profile, Cera-Q is backed by 9 published human clinical trials and in vitro data, all of which demonstrate Cera-Q’s support of memory, learning, and general cognitive function across a wide range of ages, from children to the elderly. These studies show significant results in 3-4 week trials, demonstrating that Cera-Q is a powerful natural solution to help improve brain health at every age.

To put it simply, Cera-Q is very special because it has a unique amino acid profile comprised mainly of glycine and alanine with a highly differentiated beta pleated sheet molecular structure. This structure and composition are important because they allow Cera-Q to bind very effectively to amyloid plaque, which tends to cluster around human neurons, impacting neuron and cognitive performance increasingly as we age. This binding has been shown to reduce the formation of amyloid plaque around neurons – think of it as a Velcro®-like effect.

Cera-Q has also been shown to increase glucose uptake to the brain, providing the brain with critical energy. Thus the evidence suggests that Cera-Q uniquely works via a dual path to support cognitive function, without stimulants or strange or artificial compounds.

They say there are 9 clinical trials, but only list 8:

These published studies refer to Cera-Q by its original, technical name BF-7, used by researchers.

1. Chase HS et al. The role of BF-7 on Neuroprotection and Enhancement of Cognitive Function. Korean J Physiol and Pharmacol. 2004: 8:173-179.
  2. Kang YK et al. Memory Enhancing Effects of Silk Fibroin Derived Peptides in Scopolamine Treated Mice. Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology. 2013: 23:1779-1784.
  3. Kim DK et al. The Role of BF-7 on Enhancement of Memory and Cognitive Function. The Korean J. Anat. 2004: 37(6), 519∼527.
  4. Lee JY et al. The Effect of BF-7 on the Ischemia-induced Learning and Memory Deficits. The Korean J. Anat. 2005: 38(2), 181∼188.
  5. Lee MY et al. BF-7 Improved Memory Function and Protected Neuron from Oxidative Stress. Korean J Phys Anthropol. 2004: 17(4):313-320.
  6. Lee SH et al. Association Between Cerebral Blood Flow and Cognitive Improvement Effect by B. mori Extracted Component. Korean J. Seric. Sci. 2004: 46(2), 77-79.
  7. Chae HS, Kang YK, Shin YK, Lee HJ, Yu JI, Lee KG, Yeo JH, Kim YS, Sohn DS, Kim KY, Lee WB, Lee SH, Kim SS. The Role of BF-7 on Neuroprotection and Enhancement of Cognitive Function. Kor J Physical Pharmacol 2004 Aug; 8:173-179.
  8. Lee SH et al. The Improvement of Learning and Memory Ability of Normal Persons by BF-7. Korean J Physiol and Pharmacol. 2004: 8:307-312.

None of the references are in pubmed, except one that was retracted:

J Microbiol Biotechnol. 2016 Dec 28;26(12):2228.

Kang YK1, Lee W2, Kang B1, Kang H1.
This article has been retracted from JMB for misconduct of the authors (data fabrication and falsification). JMB as the publisher regrets for any inconvenience caused by the retraction.
Retraction of Memory-enhancing effects of silk fibroin-derived peptides in scopolamine-treated mice. [J Microbiol Biotechnol. 2013]
PMID: 28035122

The other studies can be found on Korean sites.

#2 Baten

• 785 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 05:28 AM

I read a post on reddit where a user said it seemed very unlikely to work well, and that the studies around it are always from the same (korean?) guys with little trust behind them.

On amazon etc it does seem to get decent reviews, but personally I would really not dump any money in it. Previous threads here on longecity also had little to no favorable mentions about cera-q.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 lostfalco

• 1,686 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:09 PM

A number of us tested BF-7 back in 2015 and the results were underwhelming to say the least. =)  http://www.longecity...as-a-nootropic/

#4 ta5

• Topic Starter
  • 952 posts
Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:19 PM

Thanks for the link to that thread. I didn't try searching Longecity for BF-7.

I added a tag to this thread for bf-7 and a tag to that thread for cera-q.

Edited by ta5, 13 August 2017 - 03:21 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 lostfalco

• 1,686 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:17 AM

Thanks for the link to that thread. I didn't try searching Longecity for BF-7.

I added a tag to this thread for bf-7 and a tag to that thread for cera-q.

No problem. =)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: silk, fibroin, cera-q, bf-7, neurosilk

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users