• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Nootropic Solutions to Brain Damage/ Cognitive Impairment from Sexual Overactivity? (Any and All Speculation Welcome)

cognitive impairment sexual overactivity

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 ZarbanAsh

• 9 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 08:11 PM

Around 18 months ago, following a period of sexual overactivity (prolonged sexual arousal), I experienced an intense headache which appears to have done lasting neurological damage. My cognitive performance is down on every register(memory- short and long term, articulation, cognitive flexibility, reasoning, etc). My consultations with medical professionals and online searches have yielded very little in terms of insight into my condition or potential curative measures that could be taken, and I have not seen any improvement, gradual or otherwise, since the symptoms began.- whatever degradation has occurred feels permanent. 

Any speculation as to what the problem might be/what area of the brain has been affected would be greatly appreciated. Are there any nootropic substances which are especially likely to be restorative in my case? Could this be a dopaminergic or pituitary issue?

Any recommendations, including suggestions which are purely conjecture, are more than welcome, because my situation is increasingly desperate and I'm not sure where to go from here.

Edited by Michael, 04 January 2019 - 03:13 PM.
User request

#2 Galaxyshock

• 1,460 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 10:32 PM

Were drugs involved?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 11:20 PM

that's always the first question.  seems to a bit serotonergic in nature

wondering about lifestyle choices and family history?

#4 ZarbanAsh

• Topic Starter
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 11:32 PM

Were drugs involved?

that's always the first question.  seems to a bit serotonergic in nature

wondering about lifestyle choices and family history?

No drugs involved, no history with drugs either. No family history of neurological problems that I am aware of. 

#5 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 11:54 PM

was it a concussion?

#6 fiftyyy

• 44 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 12:01 AM

What supps were you taking? AFAIK acetylcholine is responsible for arousal. 

• Informative x 1

#7 ZarbanAsh

• Topic Starter
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 12:55 AM

was it a concussion?

No. 

What supps were you taking? AFAIK acetylcholine is responsible for arousal. 

I wasn't taking anything. I'll look into acetylcholine, though, might be helpful. Thanks.

I think I didn't quite emphasize enough in my first post the causality involved here- improbable as it may sound:a prolonged period of sexual arousal (unusual circumstances- suffice to say, imagine a time period long enough to credibly cause the symptoms I have described) led to overstimulation/overactivity and resulted in neurological damage of some kind, and cognitive impairment. 

#8 metabrain

• 302 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 04:49 PM

Have you had brain imaging scans done to rule out mini-stroke?

How about Blood tests or other tests?

• Good Point x 1
  • Informative x 1

#9 jack black

• 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 December 2017 - 08:22 PM

+1. this could be a limited hemorrhage that presents with pain (regular strokes don't) and left you with neurological deficits. conceivably, that "prolonged" sex (whatever it was) was associated with dangerous hypertension. how old are you? do you have hypertension?

• Informative x 1

#10 ZarbanAsh

• Topic Starter
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 11:55 PM

I have had a basic MRI scan and blood tests, which didn't reveal any abnormalities. Perhaps other scans might be worth pursuing?

+1. this could be a limited hemorrhage that presents with pain (regular strokes don't) and left you with neurological deficits. conceivably, that "prolonged" sex (whatever it was) was associated with dangerous hypertension. how old are you? do you have hypertension?

I'm 23. I have never been diagnosed with hypertension, but I suppose that doesn't entirely falsify your hypothesis? Would damage from a limited hemorrhage be essentially irreversible?

Edited by Kaveh2324, 23 December 2017 - 11:56 PM.

#11 jack black

• 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 December 2017 - 03:17 AM

Would damage from a limited hemorrhage be essentially irreversible?

I don't know. if I were you I would do anything and everything to boost BDNF to regenerate possibly lost neurons. I don't see how it would hurt. maybe throw in some anti-NMDA measures to prevent excitotoxicity in case that played a role.

• Good Point x 1

#12 metabrain

• 302 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 12:52 PM

I have had a basic MRI scan and blood tests, which didn't reveal any abnormalities. Perhaps other scans might be worth pursuing?

I'm 23. I have never been diagnosed with hypertension, but I suppose that doesn't entirely falsify your hypothesis? Would damage from a limited hemorrhage be essentially irreversible?

The only other worthwhile scan would be an EEG to rule out epilepsy, PET perhaps but it seems overkill as it is very expensive.

You can be very surprised at how a medical condition in one area can cause issues in another, I have heard of people having issues as you describe due to neck and back injuries.

I spent a fortune trying to figure out what was wrong with me, hopefully you will find an answer.

I would do the following:

Book an EEG to rule out epilepsy, epilepsy doesn't just involve seizures, you can have epilepsy and never know it. EEG will also rule out other disorders.  

While you are waiting you could try a very decent massage to see if it can release any possible pinched nerves, a physiotherapist would be the more professional option as they know what feels wrong but it is more expensive, you might be able to get a free assessment consultation.

Another thing you can try is acupuncture, it does have some scientific value to it and is relatively inexpensive.

As for the herb/tonic/nootropic side of things, your symptoms are too difficult to judge for any accuracy but we can try some basic things

Try a low dose of asprin twice a day for 2 days, it will thin your blood slightly and may improve the headache, we will just use this as a sort of feeler.

Once you have tried that, go for a strong Multi B Vitamin with your dinner, I recommend a good brand like Solgar

We can then try some nootropics later.

• Informative x 2

#13 StevesPetRat

• 565 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 09:05 PM

Spermidine is obviously called for.

• Needs references x 1

#14 Charles Thompson

• 67 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 December 2017 - 11:16 PM

Gusssing you may find a benefit with 9-mbc.
  • Informative x 1

#15 ZarbanAsh

• Topic Starter
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 12:50 AM

I don't know. if I were you I would do anything and everything to boost BDNF to regenerate possibly lost neurons. I don't see how it would hurt. maybe throw in some anti-NMDA measures to prevent excitotoxicity in case that played a role.

Any recommendations for anti-NMDA measures?

#16 ZarbanAsh

• Topic Starter
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 12:55 AM

Thanks, that looks promising. 

The only other worthwhile scan would be an EEG to rule out epilepsy, PET perhaps but it seems overkill as it is very expensive.

You can be very surprised at how a medical condition in one area can cause issues in another, I have heard of people having issues as you describe due to neck and back injuries.

I spent a fortune trying to figure out what was wrong with me, hopefully you will find an answer.

Book an EEG to rule out epilepsy, epilepsy doesn't just involve seizures, you can have epilepsy and never know it. EEG will also rule out other disorders.  

While you are waiting you could try a very decent massage to see if it can release any possible pinched nerves, a physiotherapist would be the more professional option as they know what feels wrong but it is more expensive, you might be able to get a free assessment consultation.

Another thing you can try is acupuncture, it does have some scientific value to it and is relatively inexpensive.

As for the herb/tonic/nootropic side of things, your symptoms are too difficult to judge for any accuracy but we can try some basic things

Try a low dose of asprin twice a day for 2 days, it will thin your blood slightly and may improve the headache, we will just use this as a sort of feeler.

Once you have tried that, go for a strong Multi B Vitamin with your dinner, I recommend a good brand like Solgar

Thanks, I will try the Multi-B vitamin, arrange an EEG and look into your other suggestions. Is the aspirin still necessary even though the headache hasn't re-occurred?

#17 metabrain

• 302 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 06:23 PM

Thanks, that looks promising. 

Thanks, I will try the Multi-B vitamin, arrange an EEG and look into your other suggestions. Is the aspirin still necessary even though the headache hasn't re-occurred?

No, I assumed you were still having the headache, a continuous headache lasting days that doesn't respond to aspirin would be a serious concern.

• Informative x 2

#18 jack black

• 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:12 AM

Any recommendations for anti-NMDA measures?

stop using diet drinks (aspartate) or food with glutamate. stop drinking alcohol. start taking Li and Mg supplements. if that fails, there are prescription meds that are anti-NMDA.

• Informative x 1

#19 ZarbanAsh

• Topic Starter
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:40 AM

The EEG scan did not reveal any abnormalities. Do you have any nootropic recommendations?

#20 metabrain

• 302 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 11:21 AM

The EEG scan did not reveal any abnormalities. Do you have any nootropic recommendations?

There are soooo many choices, nootropic includes almost any substance that enhances cognition, most nootropics just act on various neurotransmitters but not all.

I like to start at the cheapest and easily available:

Life Style Changes

Exercise - Exercise 6 days a week, 1 day

Diet - High protein diet, plenty of fruit and vegetables, low sugar 

Sleep - Open the window a short term before bed, increases oxygen to the room

Nootropics

Vitamin C - Get a high dose with Rose Hip

Vitamin B12 + Folic Acid - The regular cyanocobalamin did just fine for me

Multi B Vitamins - Aim for long term use, eat with dinner, did you try this?

Melatonin - Aim for short term use

Inositol - Very cheap

• Informative x 1

#21 Astroid

• 171 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 January 2018 - 11:05 PM

Forget the aspirin. Instead take Nattokinase or Systemic Enzymes... they eat blood clots.. thin the blood.. speed up healing.. and reduce inflammation like nothing else.. take in high doses..

Take Choline for brain chemicals.. 

Methyl B-12

Folate.. not artificial Folic Acid.. Yuk.

Magnesium Bicarbonate Water.. Mag is mostly stored in the heart and brain..

There are various forms.

​Alpha Lipoic Acid Antioxidant is the only know one to cross the blood brain barrier, and is both oil and water soluble. 

The same thing happened to me during sex about 3 times.. when I was younger.. It hurt so much right on the top of my head.. I was standing on my head trying to relieve the pain. MDs found nothing.. and they said.. you can not get a headache there.. Well I did... So much for their damn degrees. 

Edited by Astroid, 14 January 2018 - 11:05 PM.

• Informative x 2

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#22 ZarbanAsh

• Topic Starter
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 06:24 PM

My situation is unchanged, and remains desperate.  Any advice or even speculation as to the nature of my problem and/or nootropic recommendations for my specific case would be more than welcome.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cognitive impairment, sexual overactivity

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users