• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

I am ashamed to talk to people because I can no longer communicate properly.

brain fog speech problems mental fatigue spaced out

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 kanekiken

• 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 January 2018 - 12:15 AM

I don't know what the fuck is going on. It started from brain fog, went onto derealization, cognitive decline kicked in and now i'm a complete anhedonic retard and I feel like i'm developing some sort of autism, most certainly brain atrophy, negative symptoms of schizophrenia, etc.
It's physically hard for me to speak clearly and I need major focus to articulate sentences correctly. I'm also unable to talk spontaneously. There is clearly something wrong with me. I'm zombie mode from the moment I wake up, spaced out and dissociated and just really foggy all around.
I need help. What is going on? What do I do? I've tried many things. Shit load of supplememts. Antidepressants. Stimulants like modafinil and ritalin prescribed by a doctor. Regiments. Ruled out a brain tumor. My body does not respond to ANYTHING. Seriously like I have a biology of an alien.
Thoughts? Opinions? I NEED your knowledge! This has been going on for about a year and a half, gradually getting worse. Help.

#2 Believer

• 437 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 01:16 AM

As always, what "supplements" did you take?

• Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 jack black

• 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 January 2018 - 02:55 AM

did you see this: http://www.longecity...y-indifference/

is it similar?

#4 Eryximachus

• 74 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 January 2018 - 04:11 AM

You need to be on antipsychotics.  

Try seroquel.  You can get it dirt cheap from India. Every doctor will give it to you. Start at 50mg per night, work up to 200mg over 2 weeks. Stay on it for 2 months.  Come back, tell us how you feel.  If antidepressants and stimulants make you feel worse, this is almost always a sign of at minimum low level bipolar or at worst schizophrenia.  Just give it a shot. Don't listen to these people pushing crazy untested supplements on you. 

You need to get stable, certainly to the point you can communicate with others properly.  When you get there, then we can look at lifestyle adjustments.  

Edited by Eryximachus, 06 January 2018 - 04:13 AM.

• Disagree x 2
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • like x 1

#5 kanekiken

• Topic Starter
  • 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 January 2018 - 11:26 AM

did you see this: http://www.longecity...y-indifference/
is it similar?

Yep. Combine all these symptoms with severe mental fatigue and fogginess and there you have it.
  • like x 1

#6 kanekiken

• Topic Starter
  • 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 January 2018 - 12:44 PM

Try seroquel. You can get it dirt cheap from India. Every doctor will give it to you. Start at 50mg per night, work up to 200mg over 2 weeks. Stay on it for 2 months. Come back, tell us how you feel. If antidepressants and stimulants make you feel worse, this is almost always a sign of at minimum low level bipolar or at worst schizophrenia. Just give it a shot. Don't listen to these people pushing crazy untested supplements on you.

You need to get stable, certainly to the point you can communicate with others properly. When you get there, then we can look at lifestyle adjustments.

What part of my symptoms makes you think I need antipsychotics? I think my brain fog just got so bad that it started affecting my motor functions, mainly speech and word recall. Not sure though.. (obviously)

#7 kanekiken

• Topic Starter
  • 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 January 2018 - 01:04 PM

As always, what "supplements" did you take?

Anti inflammatories, vitamins and minerals (B12+Complex, Vit D3, Mag, Zinc, NAC, Longvida curcumin which I am currently taking, Coq10, 5htp, Melatonin, Lecithin, Fish oil high epa/dha, ALCAR, L-tyrosine, Biotin, MSM, R-Lipoic acid and a few others that I can't remember).

Currently trialing NSI-189 and memantine. Don't feel anything from nsi-189 yet (3 weeks in), memantine makes my dissociation worse and gives me a drunk feeling at therapuetic doses. Ritalin used to help but now just makes me really anxious and excited for the first hour and then goes away and makes my fatigue worse. Modafinil doesn't do jack shit other than giving me insomnia even at 300mgs. Never gotten any accute effects you see in anecdotes from none of the supplements I took. Like absolutely nothing.

Coffee and caffeine helps a bit. Obviously I can't rely on large doses of stimulants to be half functional though ?

The only thing I have found wrong with me till this day is low Progesterone [Male].

BTW sorry for the triple post, I was using my phone and it's really glitchy.

Edited by kanekiken, 06 January 2018 - 01:06 PM.

#8 Believer

• 437 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 01:42 PM

Most who post here have consumed all the recreational drugs in the world but they neglect to tell that unless one asks. As if there's no connection between the abuse of those drugs and the issues they have.

I too have severe mental fatigue to the point that I can't speak. When I speak I end up not moving my mouth or I feel that I am speaking but people can't hear me. Physical activity worsens this fatigue and exercising is difficult. I can't think when I move my body just a little bit because it feels like I've run a marathon.

The main cause of this is overactivity of the 5ht2a receptor thus such antagonists (seroquel for example) should help but antipsychotics are terrible drugs that should be avoided.

Ginkgo Biloba is another antagonist which works very well against this form of fatigue.

Other causes of fatigue have to do with glutamate abnormalities and gaba, sugar metabolism in the brain, etc. Too much gabaergic activity can cause something that looks like what I am experiencing although be 100% sure that it is not the cause of your issues.

Mental fatigue (AND chronic fatigue syndrome) is extremely common in psychiatric disorders including all the schizos (especially much them) and autism, borderline and some of the other personality disorders.

Two supplements that are very effective against these fatigue issues:

fasoracetam (glutamate agonist, works very well for social difficulties), ginkgo biloba.

• Informative x 2
  • Agree x 1

#9 ChooseAName

• 29 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 03:47 PM

Regarding your communications issue, you could try talking to yourself out loud as practice.  I try to do this for about 30 minutes a day leading up to any job interview.  It's surprisingly useful.  

Regarding overall health, make sure you have vegetables in your diet.  Make sure you exercise.  You have a laundry list of supplements, but food is much more important.  

Hope this helps.

• like x 1

#10 Eryximachus

• 74 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 January 2018 - 04:03 PM

Try seroquel. You can get it dirt cheap from India. Every doctor will give it to you. Start at 50mg per night, work up to 200mg over 2 weeks. Stay on it for 2 months. Come back, tell us how you feel. If antidepressants and stimulants make you feel worse, this is almost always a sign of at minimum low level bipolar or at worst schizophrenia. Just give it a shot. Don't listen to these people pushing crazy untested supplements on you.

You need to get stable, certainly to the point you can communicate with others properly. When you get there, then we can look at lifestyle adjustments.

What part of my symptoms makes you think I need antipsychotics? I think my brain fog just got so bad that it started affecting my motor functions, mainly speech and word recall. Not sure though.. (obviously)

Because it sounds like severe anxiety, along with other schizophrenia symptoms.  It's really better refer to antipsychotics as major tranquilizers.  When you are in such a state, even high doses of minor tranquilizers like Valium are not going help. Do what you like of course, but don't let another year going by playing Russian roulette with crazy supplements.  That's why I'm telling you to just give it a shot for a short period of time.  If I'm wrong, fine.  

It's important to note that if you were truly bipolar or schizophrenic, yes. You would have to take these kinds of drugs for life.  But, the previous poster is correct. You have to look at these drugs also like braces that keep you stable.  Fatigue, exhaustion, trauma - it gives your brain a break. Major tranquilizers do have serious long-term side effects, but honestly - I think they are better than a lot of other psychiatric drugs as they work fast.  Most others (SSRIs etc)  won't even take effect for 2 months.  But 2-3 months is enough for a major tranquilizer to get you stable or a minor one for that matter.   I don't think you need to be on it for life.   It's just a brace. 

Edited by Eryximachus, 06 January 2018 - 04:16 PM.

• Agree x 1

#11 kanekiken

• Topic Starter
  • 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 January 2018 - 04:17 PM

Because it sounds like severe anxiety, along with other schizophrenia symptoms.  It's really better refer to antipsychotics as major tranquilizers.  When you are in such a state, even high doses of minor tranquilizers like Valium are not going help. Do what you like of course, but don't let another year going by playing Russian roulette with crazy supplements.  That's why I'm telling you to just give it a shot for a short period of time.  If I'm wrong, fine.  

You are wrong. Anxiety is not my main issue. Although I do have quite a bit of stress and anxiety, it all comes from this congnitive decline and retardation i'm experiencing, and the anxiety and stress became a by-product as a result, because I can no longer cope with life. I used to be normal and functional. I don't have panic attacks, and lately i've been more apathetic than anxious because i'm tired of this. I'm having anxiety in front of people because I don't want them to notice my issues. This is definately past the depression-anxiety part of it, my cognition is falling apart, I'm becoming more and more stupid each day ; I can't speak clearly even to my family. Even when i'm chilled the f out I'm still stupid,slow and dissociated, like everything is a blur, I feel drunk 24/7. Thank you for your insight  :)

Edited by kanekiken, 06 January 2018 - 04:26 PM.

• dislike x 1

#12 Eryximachus

• 74 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 January 2018 - 05:21 PM

You are wrong. Anxiety is not my main issue. Although I do have quite a bit of stress and anxiety, it all comes from this congnitive decline and retardation i'm experiencing, and the anxiety and stress became a by-product as a result, because I can no longer cope with life. I used to be normal and functional. I don't have panic attacks, and lately i've been more apathetic than anxious because i'm tired of this. I'm having anxiety in front of people because I don't want them to notice my issues. This is definately past the depression-anxiety part of it, my cognition is falling apart, I'm becoming more and more stupid each day ; I can't speak clearly even to my family. Even when i'm chilled the f out I'm still stupid,slow and dissociated, like everything is a blur, I feel drunk 24/7. Thank you for your insight  :)

Contrary to popular belief, anxiety is not something most people consciously perceive.  Whatever the case, you are discussing serious symptoms.  Stimulating drugs don't work. You're only other options are more sedating drugs.  Since tranquilizers work so quickly, I think it is foolish to not give it a try.  But the choice is yours.   

• like x 1

#13 iseethelight

• 238 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 January 2018 - 10:50 PM

Try a vegan diet low in sulfur. Note that being a vegan who eats high sulfur vegetables like cruciferous ones (broccoli, cauliflower, beans etc)  will not work. Give it a shot.

Edited by iseethelight, 06 January 2018 - 10:52 PM.

• Needs references x 1
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • like x 1

#14 kanekiken

• Topic Starter
  • 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 January 2018 - 06:30 PM

Contrary to popular belief, anxiety is not something most people consciously perceive.  Whatever the case, you are discussing serious symptoms.  Stimulating drugs don't work. You're only other options are more sedating drugs.  Since tranquilizers work so quickly, I think it is foolish to not give it a try.  But the choice is yours.   

I know how it feels. I do have anxiety. Heck I wouldn't even call it anxiety, more like chronic stress from my symptoms. Either way it's hard for me to believe anxiety/stress can cause such horrible congnitive symptoms, it doesn't make sense to me. There are so many people suffering from anxiety and I've never seen a report that is as bad as mine. People might be anxious but they still have their heads. Why do I need to be sedated ? Isn't there anything else I can do ? Don't you think sedation will fuck me up even more and make my brain fog worse as I already feel sedated and slow ? 

I think you got the aspect of my anxiety wrong. I don't feel endangered. I'm not on the lookout. And mostly it's just social anxiety/apathy because I prefer to make minimal contact as I don't want people to think i'm a weirdo. I used to be normal. I just got really stupid. That's all.

BTW not trying to argue with you or avoid your suggestions, I might even try it, just trying to explain my situation further. Thanks.

Edited by kanekiken, 08 January 2018 - 06:30 PM.

#15 jack black

• 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 January 2018 - 08:20 PM

OP: this is a difficult case and you really should see good, experienced MDs or equivalents, including psychiatrists. Self diagnosis is rarely possible in psychiatry, as one can't be objective about him/her/self no matter how much time you stare in the mirror or analyze your thoughts/actions. it's one thing to visit this forum to get advice on supplements to tweak/improve your health (usually slightly only), and there is another thing to expect a stranger diagnose you and prescribe a curative treatment. and even if one does, are you going to trust that advice? the last part is a rhetorical question as you clearly indicated your level of trust.

you really have to set your expectations right.

Edited by jack black, 08 January 2018 - 08:30 PM.

• Informative x 1
  • Agree x 1

#16 Eryximachus

• 74 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:19 PM

OP: this is a difficult case and you really should see good, experienced MDs or equivalents, including psychiatrists. Self diagnosis is rarely possible in psychiatry, as one can't be objective about him/her/self no matter how much time you stare in the mirror or analyze your thoughts/actions. it's one thing to visit this forum to get advice on supplements to tweak/improve your health (usually slightly only), and there is another thing to expect a stranger diagnose you and prescribe a curative treatment. and even if one does, are you going to trust that advice? the last part is a rhetorical question as you clearly indicated your level of trust.

you really have to set your expectations right.

This is pretty much the case.  To clarify, my advice was in the context of dealing with a medical professional.   Most psychiatrists, would, after trying SSRIs and stimulants reconsider their diagnosis.   If the OP is doctor shopping, that presents a problem.   

But this is somewhat common.  Bipolar patients have very similar reactions to these same drugs.   

Certainly however, the OP needs to be under the care of a psychiatrist.  

• Agree x 1

#17 Sleepdealer

• 144 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 January 2018 - 02:51 AM

@OP

How old are you? And how exactly did you out rule a brain tumor? Sounds to me like you could need an MRI or something.

Edited by Sleepdealer, 10 January 2018 - 02:57 AM.

#18 kanekiken

• Topic Starter
  • 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 January 2018 - 07:04 AM

@OP

How old are you? And how exactly did you out rule a brain tumor? Sounds to me like you could need an MRI or something.

20, Did a CT 8 months ago. Altough i'm way worse now than before. I don't know what to say to get an MRI, they'll probably just assume i'm depressed and need a psychiatrist. No fucking shit. I barerly got the CT but they still gave it to me cause it's cheap.

#19 jack black

• 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 January 2018 - 11:44 AM

@OP

20, Did a CT 8 months ago. Altough i'm way worse now than before. I don't know what to say to get an MRI, they'll probably just assume i'm depressed and need a psychiatrist. No fucking shit. I barerly got the CT but they still gave it to me cause it's cheap.

believe it or not, sometimes even "they" get it right. ask about simple schizophrenia.

Edited by jack black, 10 January 2018 - 11:48 AM.

• like x 1

#20 Infinite1

• 83 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:17 PM

You should really look into the infectious/immune component that may be more of a root cause...in particular tick borne pathogens often cause this type of scenario. I've lived it...

#21 Eryximachus

• 74 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 January 2018 - 06:40 PM

You should really look into the infectious/immune component that may be more of a root cause...in particular tick borne pathogens often cause this type of scenario. I've lived it...

While it is likely that pathogens are the cause of a great many disorders, with very few exceptions (toxoplasmosis) they are not well understood and standard psychiatric treatments are still the only solution. If you're talking about Lyme disease, I don't believe they have that in Israel. As well, like Fibromyalgia, that is an American pathology that no doctor believes in outside of the US.  

He needs a good psychiatrist.  As a prior poster indicated, this sounds like low level schizophrenia.  The bad reaction to SSRIs and stimulants is the key factor here.  This almost always indicates schizophrenia or bipolar disorder.  

• Agree x 1

#22 Infinite1

• 83 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 11:08 PM

While it is likely that pathogens are the cause of a great many disorders, with very few exceptions (toxoplasmosis) they are not well understood and standard psychiatric treatments are still the only solution. If you're talking about Lyme disease, I don't believe they have that in Israel. As well, like Fibromyalgia, that is an American pathology that no doctor believes in outside of the US.  

He needs a good psychiatrist.  As a prior poster indicated, this sounds like low level schizophrenia.  The bad reaction to SSRIs and stimulants is the key factor here.  This almost always indicates schizophrenia or bipolar disorder.  

The abrupt emergence as described is not consistent with the manifestation/parthenogenesis of any typical mental disorder. I find your persistent insisting throughout this chain to be rather concerning. No doubt he should be in contact with a qualified medical practitioner, however he should adopt a broad spectrum approach which would most definitely include microbial/pathogen and immune system influences.

If he was a threat to himself or others than I would be in agreement that he should immediately be under the care of a psychiatrist, however going that direction at this stage would most certainly muddy the water ensuring further difficulty in finding the root cause-- not to mention being pigeonholed as such and then dealing with the stigma associated on top. I've seen too many go the psych. route during my grad school internship; multiple medications layered on top of a potential organically based pathology was exceedingly frustrating when trying to parse out and distill the source.  

Edited by Infinite1, 10 January 2018 - 11:13 PM.

#23 Eryximachus

• 74 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 January 2018 - 12:09 AM

The abrupt emergence as described is not consistent with the manifestation/parthenogenesis of any typical mental disorder. I find your persistent insisting throughout this chain to be rather concerning. No doubt he should be in contact with a qualified medical practitioner, however he should adopt a broad spectrum approach which would most definitely include microbial/pathogen and immune system influences.

If he was a threat to himself or others than I would be in agreement that he should immediately be under the care of a psychiatrist, however going that direction at this stage would most certainly muddy the water ensuring further difficulty in finding the root cause-- not to mention being pigeonholed as such and then dealing with the stigma associated on top. I've seen too many go the psych. route during my grad school internship; multiple medications layered on top of a potential organically based pathology was exceedingly frustrating when trying to parse out and distill the source.  

I wouldn't respond to this typically.  But, I didn't read anything that clearly indicated an abrupt emergence of any symptom.  

As well, I never ask for sources - but I do study how pathogens are the origin of a great many behavioral abnormalities.  I am one of the few who even believes homosexuality is caused by an as of yet unidentified pathogen.   I have a good friend who is a bariatric surgeon who is convinced obesity is also caused by an unidentified pathogen.  Toxoplasmosis is proven to cause schizophrenia.  So, I am very much amenable to this hypothesis and do think in the future we will cure a great many diseases and conditions.  

Do you have an example of a particular pathogen?  Because, we have someone here describing schizophrenic symptoms and schizophrenic responses to commonly prescribed psychiatric drugs.  And the only proven pathogenic psychiatric condition is schizophrenia. 

Am I missing something here?  What is your theory?  

Edited by Eryximachus, 11 January 2018 - 12:13 AM.

#24 Infinite1

• 83 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 12:32 AM

I wouldn't respond to this typically.  But, I didn't read anything that clearly indicated an abrupt emergence of any symptom.  

As well, I never ask for sources - but I do study how pathogens are the origin of a great many behavioral abnormalities.  I am one of the few who even believes homosexuality is caused by an as of yet unidentified pathogen.   I have a good friend who is a bariatric surgeon who is convinced obesity is also caused by an unidentified pathogen.  Toxoplasmosis is proven to cause schizophrenia.  So, I am very much amenable to this hypothesis and do think in the future we will cure a great many diseases and conditions.  

Do you have an example of a particular pathogen?  Because, we have someone here describing schizophrenic symptoms and schizophrenic responses to commonly prescribed psychiatric drugs.  And the only proven pathogenic psychiatric condition is schizophrenia. 

Am I missing something here?  What is your theory?  

No worries, I typically don't make these types of pointed posts either ;)

Perhaps not a abrupt emergence is detailed, however certainly candor in the account and realization of the current "state of affairs" seemed to convey a transient/urgent element.

Indeed toxiplasmosis is one pathogen with a discrete mechanism involving perturbation of the DA system leading to symptoms within the schizo spectrum. This being one example is most likely ahead of the curve, I remain convinced many seemingly mental and ambiguous syndrome based pathologies have roots with various viruses, bacteria, parasites, fungi, and mycoplasma. It just seems too intuitive that a systemic inflammatory response to any of the aforementioned have wide spread/down stream effects to which an individual's idiosyncratic expression is merely reflective of the "weakest link" in the chain, whether that be genetic etc. Add in various endotoxins which may have differential affinity to various receptors...and yes, I think we could provide a characterization or profile of many seemingly "non-organic" based pathologies. 

• Enjoying the show x 1

#25 kanekiken

• Topic Starter
  • 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:01 PM

Well I never said I had bad reactions with SSRIs and stimulants. In fact I didn't have ANY reactions with SSRIs-SNRIs-NRIs [not even withdrawls which is rather odd considering I tried a couple of them with varrying dosages and durations - 3+ months) and slightly positive reactions with stimulants, especially coffee, but for some reason what once was a few hours of stimulation and motivation now fades really quickly, same goes for ritalin which renderes it useless.

One thing I did notice is that when I drink coffee my speech and overall cognition immediately gets better. Altough as I said that diminishes quickly and back to my old miserable self.

When trialing with memantine at 20mgs, my dissociation got substantially worse and I literally felt drunk, which makes me think doing the opposite of what mem does might help me.

Another weird thing is that I seem to struggle the most when I wake up until noon, I don't know why but my mental acuity, motivation and speech seems better from there. Might be cortisol related ? I also suspect my carcadian rhythm is messed up, as I have severe daytime fatigue but it's kinda hard going to sleep lately.

Edited by kanekiken, 11 January 2018 - 05:02 PM.

#26 Infinite1

• 83 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:12 PM

Well I never said I had bad reactions with SSRIs and stimulants. In fact I didn't have ANY reactions with SSRIs-SNRIs-NRIs [not even withdrawls which is rather odd considering I tried a couple of them with varrying dosages and durations - 3+ months) and slightly positive reactions with stimulants, especially coffee, but for some reason what once was a few hours of stimulation and motivation now fades really quickly, same goes for ritalin which renderes it useless.

One thing I did notice is that when I drink coffee my speech and overall cognition immediately gets better. Altough as I said that diminishes quickly and back to my old miserable self.

When trialing with memantine at 20mgs, my dissociation got substantially worse and I literally felt drunk, which makes me think doing the opposite of what mem does might help me.

Another weird thing is that I seem to struggle the most when I wake up until noon, I don't know why but my mental acuity, motivation and speech seems better from there. Might be cortisol related ? I also suspect my carcadian rhythm is messed up, as I have severe daytime fatigue but it's kinda hard going to sleep lately.

This is verbatim what I've been through to the T, only later being diagnosed with Lyme's, babesia duncani, EBV, systemic candidasis, mycoplasma etc. My body was under a tremendous amount of stress, both endogenously created (pathogens), and externally.

The shift in diurnal rhythm is most likely a result of a dissociation in communication of the HPA axis constructs, feedback loops are quite robust, but beyond a certain threshold decoupling occurs. 

I would get an extensive labwork done including cortisol, CRH, T3, reverse T3, T4, TSH, DHEA, FSH, ACTH. This will identify if there is something causing a disruption, however not necessarily the cause of the perturbation. 

• like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#27 kanekiken

• Topic Starter
  • 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:32 AM

This is verbatim what I've been through to the T, only later being diagnosed with Lyme's, babesia duncani, EBV, systemic candidasis, mycoplasma etc. My body was under a tremendous amount of stress, both endogenously created (pathogens), and externally.

The shift in diurnal rhythm is most likely a result of a dissociation in communication of the HPA axis constructs, feedback loops are quite robust, but beyond a certain threshold decoupling occurs. 

I would get an extensive labwork done including cortisol, CRH, T3, reverse T3, T4, TSH, DHEA, FSH, ACTH. This will identify if there is something causing a disruption, however not necessarily the cause of the perturbation. 

Did Free T3,4 and TSH twice (No reverse T3 - Should I ask for it ?),  IGF-1, FSH, Prolactine, Total T, Cortisol (which might not be accurate as I did my test at 11PM and I think you're supposed to do that till 9), DHEAS, and Progesterone and all came out clear apart from Progesterone which is slightly below the norm.

So I just came home from a night out with the boys and I think that alcohol withdrawal actually makes my derealization better. Like a few hours past drinking I feel alot more clear headed and less dissociated than baseline (only when mildly drinking). What do you think this might mean ? 

BTW that thing where I am unfunctional in the morning and better past noon happend to me in the evening. Like when we first grouped up I tried not to get involved because I couldn't speak properly and I was all over the place, yet at the end of the night I got much better. Seems like my brain just randomly turns on in various parts of the day and it's so annoying.

• Good Point x 1

#28 Infinite1

• 83 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:35 AM

Did Free T3,4 and TSH twice (No reverse T3 - Should I ask for it ?),  IGF-1, FSH, Prolactine, Total T, Cortisol (which might not be accurate as I did my test at 11PM and I think you're supposed to do that till 9), DHEAS, and Progesterone and all came out clear apart from Progesterone which is slightly below the norm.

So I just came home from a night out with the boys and I think that alcohol withdrawal actually makes my derealization better. Like a few hours past drinking I feel alot more clear headed and less dissociated than baseline (only when mildly drinking). What do you think this might mean ? 

BTW that thing where I am unfunctional in the morning and better past noon happend to me in the evening. Like when we first grouped up I tried not to get involved because I couldn't speak properly and I was all over the place, yet at the end of the night I got much better. Seems like my brain just randomly turns on in various parts of the day and it's so annoying.

Sorry, somehow my last post didn't make it. I honestly do not have the time to put it all back together right now, so I will simply provide you with general direction.

Ok there are three possibilities here I can surmise for why alcohol seems to attenuate your symptoms.

1) No doubt you are having a significant degree of CNS inflammation and as a result vasculitis may be part of the picture. I probably don't need to spell out the effects of alcohol and blood flow..

2) Alcohol is of course a gaba agonist and thus offers potential for a disposition towards exocitoxicity...

3) Beyond being a gaba agonist it also functions as an NMDA antagonist further potentiating it as a suitable counter agent for exocitoxity. Of course you would typically expect an NMDA antagonist to increase dissociation, however stimulating the mesolimbic system is probably enough to mitigate this.

PS. I truly hope you are not following my path, because it is not one that I would wish for anyone else to travel. That said there are many striking similarities that urge me to insist that you get extensive labwork performed. Take it as you wish..

Edited by Infinite1, 13 January 2018 - 06:46 AM.

#29 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:30 PM

My first thought is similar to some others in the thread: try and get labwork done, draw blood, draw urine, check out if there are any irregularities in electrolytes, vitamins, blood cells, the works.

Once you've done that... I must also ask, does ANYONE in your family have any kind of similar symptoms? Anyone at all? Think hard about this... there are multiple hereditary disorders - some are psychiatric, others are metabolic - all are genetic though.

And finally, once this is done, you really need to consider getting some psychological support, even if you don't contact the psychiatric Doctor's, you're clearly suffering a great deal, and you need help to keep yourself sane while you figure this thing out. CBT could perhaps help you to find techniques to endure some of this at least periodically.

And in the end - you must NOT hesitate to get a very good psychiatrist, or a neurologist, to get a proper diagnosis - someone whom has a reputation for working with their patients, and with good patient relations skills. Is there any kind of Dr. in your country with such credentials? There's always at least ONE in every country - depending on the size of the country, then possibly multiple. Search your local websites and facebook groups - if you find info about such a Dr., then do not hesitate to even MOVE to their location, so as to more easier obtain their help.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 kanekiken

• Topic Starter
  • 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:57 AM

My first thought is similar to some others in the thread: try and get labwork done, draw blood, draw urine, check out if there are any irregularities in electrolytes, vitamins, blood cells, the works.

Once you've done that... I must also ask, does ANYONE in your family have any kind of similar symptoms? Anyone at all? Think hard about this... there are multiple hereditary disorders - some are psychiatric, others are metabolic - all are genetic though.

And finally, once this is done, you really need to consider getting some psychological support, even if you don't contact the psychiatric Doctor's, you're clearly suffering a great deal, and you need help to keep yourself sane while you figure this thing out. CBT could perhaps help you to find techniques to endure some of this at least periodically.

And in the end - you must NOT hesitate to get a very good psychiatrist, or a neurologist, to get a proper diagnosis - someone whom has a reputation for working with their patients, and with good patient relations skills. Is there any kind of Dr. in your country with such credentials? There's always at least ONE in every country - depending on the size of the country, then possibly multiple. Search your local websites and facebook groups - if you find info about such a Dr., then do not hesitate to even MOVE to their location, so as to more easier obtain their help.

I've had all these tests you mentioned multiple times, all came out clear. My family does not understand me no matter how hard I try to explain it. I mean they kinda do but can't identify with me. My family is healthy and to my knowledge there were never ANY mental illneses in my family including alzheimers, dementina, etc.

Right now i'm focusing on getting a sleep study and a genetic analysis using 23andme to see what's going on there and what could be a culprit.

My sleep has been weird lately. I have characteristics of narcolepsy - I dream as soon as I fall asleep, I get weird racing scenarios and chatter in my head when i'm closing my eyes and drifting off and yesterday I think I experienced my first sleep paralysis for a brief second. This might be just chronic stress fucking with my sleep and mimicking narc because I do not have the typical cataplexy, sleep attacks etc..

I am under psychological support for months now. Regular visits and consultion. They don't seem to understand what severe brain fog and fatigue is. I think my lifes stake is in my hands atm and eventually only I can get myself to get better, with the proper information of course.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: brain fog, speech problems, mental fatigue, spaced out

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users