• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

How to taper off meds with these conditions....

taper off reduce meds

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Homerunking73

• 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 March 2018 - 01:27 AM

Hi, I'm from Orlando Florida.  I'm 29.  The short story is that I had a mental breakdown when I was 22 and was diagnosed with Schizoaffective Disorder.  I had to get on a cocktail of medication to get stable.  I'm stable now.  I go to school, work, have friends, write books etc...

I've found a ton of resources to help deal with this condition, but there's another factor in this equation.

8 months ago, I was having body pains and I was diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis.  It's an auto immune disease where the immune system attacks parts of your body and can be quite debilitating.  It can cause spinal fusion as well.

Anyways, the Rheumatologist wanted to put me on Humira or Enbrel for it...but the side effects are scary.  SO I decided to go the natural route.

I changed to an Anti Inflammatory Diet...that's similar to Paleo.  I have cut out Sugar, Grain, Soy, Gluten, Dairy and other foods since 5 weeks ago.  I also exercise almost every day and I'm seeing a naturopathic doctor that did a ton of testing and I'm on targeted supplements to help heal my Auto Immune Disease.

For me, with my intuition, things have to happen in a sort of order.  For Instance, now that I have the exercise, supplementation, and diet in order I'm read for the next steps which is to slowly slowly slowly taper off the four meds I'm on.

I'm doing a ton of research but now I need to find out more safe ways to accomplish this.

I'm currently on:

Prozac

Lamictal

Abilify

Clozapine

Any and all advice is appreciated...

Thanks!

Homerunking73

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users