antidepressant depression bdnf fasting calorie restriction

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 APBT

• 906 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 01:36 PM

FULL TEXT:  https://onlinelibrar...1111/jcmm.13418

ABSTRACT

Recently, most of evidence shows that caloric restriction could induce antidepressant-like effects in animal model of depression. Based on studies of the brain�gut axis, some signal pathways were common between the control of caloric restriction and depression. However, the specific mechanism of the antidepressant-like effects induced by caloric restriction remains unclear. Therefore, in this article, we summarized clinical and experimental studies of caloric restriction on depression. This review may provide a new therapeutic strategy for depression.

#2 Lifemap

• 28 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 02:02 AM

All I know is from my personal experience, having to go on no fat diet due to pain caused by it, also I've cut out processed sugar and carbs.  My depression doesn't feel  as though its been positively impacted the slightest by eating probably 1/2 the calories I did a month ago,  symptoms have stayed the same for what its worth. However I naturally eat far less when depressed, where as others increase there caloric intake, so maybe genetics i.e. metabolism this has something to do with the potential of low caloric restriction on depression?.. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: antidepressant, depression, bdnf, fasting, calorie restriction

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users