Photo
- - - - -

Diet + Meal Plans

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Centurion

• 1,000 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 05:35 PM

I have found that one of the most difficult parts of keeping on a good healthy diet is having the time to think up recipes involving healthy food and calculating what to eat and when to eat it. (At least in my experience) I find it all too easy to go to the store and buy loads of healthy food, then coming home and thinking just how am I going to throw together meals out of this?

Perhaps in a similar vein to the supplement regime forum, we could have people posting roughly what their diet or meal schedule is, to give newcomers and the less informed a chance to study and get ideas as to how to get into the habit of eating healthy?

Perhaps people could even post their preferred our favourite recipes, with a rough note at the bottom letting us know the calorie content and composition etc :p

I think it really could help, particularly for those who aren't yet healthy eating savvy. I could see myself thinking "I'm bored with what I'm eating lately" Reading the forum and finding I would like to try shepard's healthy fish salad, so I print the thread out and go to tesco with it.

#2 Athanasios

• 2,616 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 07:17 PM

I was thinking about starting a webpage showing the healthy meals I cook. Maybe a once or twice a week update. Each meal would have the recipe, pictures, and commentary.

Edit.....P.S. I am not vegetarian, and I do carmelize my meat.

Edited by cnorwood19, 19 June 2006 - 07:33 PM.

#3 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 08:03 PM

Good idea centurion! I think that would make a great feature forum or pinned topic. I find my diet takes a lot of time, even though I don't cook a lot of my food. I make my own breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and I pack my own snacks for between meals. I eat 6 times a day and it takes too much time. I am trying to find some good prepackaged mixes of nuts, veggies, protein source, but so far I have not found anything that is cheap enough or fresh enough. Perhaps a forum like you suggest could help save people time and money.

#4 rhakshasa

• 136 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 08:16 PM

I think that would be very helpfull, I am soon moving into appartement and would greatly appreciate this help.

#5 glexia

• 106 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 06:19 PM

Great idea ! [thumb]

I was thinking in post the same! The main problem i have is that I don´t know what to do to change and not to finish making the dishes of the same form. A moment arrives in which the creativity is finished to me or simply that i have not time to think on it.

This could be a good help for us. :)

#6 cwedgwood50

• 6 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:08 PM

I have tried a few times to do CR but find it just too difficult to work out what to eat, so I think your suggestion is a good one.

I'd like it if it could be taken 1 step further and have a pre-prepared just add water type meal so I wouldn't even have to think about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users