• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

WOW! True life extension starts with benaGene?

• Please log in to reply
214 replies to this topic

#61 cellfighter

• 97 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 03:55 AM

Pm sent guys. I could have got a better price if i ordered like 12 but I'm happy just to try it for a few months and test my blood sugar levels to see what happens. I have the money to spend though so worse case I lost some money best case I'm slowing down aging. It's worth it to me.

#62 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 06:56 PM

Agree with ya. Can't take it with ya anyway!

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#63 cellfighter

• 97 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 09:03 PM

Haha exactly. Let me know when you get yours Tintinet.

#64 nubrain

• 5 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 03:18 AM

Does anyone sell this stuff in bulk powder?

#65 curious_sle

• 464 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 05:48 PM

re cellfighter. Damn, i should have recognized the avatat icon for the background on one of his webpages :-( silly me... ah well

#66 u290

• 6 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 10:20 PM

Alan,

Who is the cheapest supplier of beneGene currently?

Alan, Here a link to one of the cheapest sources for AOR benaGene in Canada.

Also can someone help with a couple of Qs? :

1. Can' t find a link to research on side effects and interaction with medications. Does anyone know anything about the sideeffects?
2. What if I am taking A.G.E. Amadori, other anti-aging supplements? Do they mix well or should I alterate?

Thank you.

#67 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 10:33 PM

Methinks the dose recommended is low so that it could not reasonably cause any side effects or drug interactions.

I've been taking 1 tab/day for weeks now and have noticed nothing I could attribute to Benagene, other than depleted financial reserves!

#68 acash

• 37 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 10:44 PM

Hi U290,

Thanks for the link on the lower priced product, it has been added to our "distributors" page at http://www.benagene.org/distributors

As to your questions on the link between research on side effects and interaction with mediations, due to the sheer number of medications available today, we do not have a sufficent data base to answer the question. As with any supplement, if you have an unfavorable reaction, stop using the supplement immediately. To date, we have had no reports of unfavorable reactions with any medication. This should not be surprising, since benaGene is a mix of vitamin C and a Citric Acid metabolite already found in every cell of your body. We just supply more......

2. We have no data on mixing benaGene with A.G.E. Amadori or any other anti-aging supplements. As with the first answer, if you have an unfavorable reaction, stop using the supplement immediately.

If you do have an unfavorable reaction with any medication or other supplement, please report it to us at our website "feedback" form at http://www.benagene.org/contact_us so we may investigate the incident fully. To date, we have had no unfavorable feedback information on mixing.

Regards,

Alan

#69 curious_sle

• 464 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 10:47 PM

well, i really doubt you notice much of it (as with resveratrol etc) except maybe (doubtfull with healthy subjects) some variations in a panel... well... that said... I wonder about interactions with folks who take pyruvate for whatever reasons...

edit: spelling

#70 acash

• 37 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 10:53 PM

Hi Tintinet,

Glad to hear you have been taking benaGene. Do you monitor your blood glucose levels? I use a One-Touch system from Lifescan. It is easy and relatively inexpensive. The immediate effects of benaGene that you should see are a stabilization of glucose levels-- fasting levels of about 80 to 87 mg/dL and after meals glucose levels less than 120 mg/dL. The glucose spikes during the day should also be greatly reduced. In the mice, genomic expression changes occured after 2.5 weeks.

Let me know about your glucose levels if you monitor them.

Regards,

Alan

#71 acash

• 37 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 10:56 PM

Hi Curious sle,

It was interesting that you brought up pyruvate. It was one of the metabolites we checked for lifespan expansion in C. elegans, because there are some pathways that can result in pyruvate increasing NAD+ levels. We saw no increase in lifespan with pyruvate.

Regards,

Alan

#72 checkinguy1

• 8 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 01:47 AM

I'm willing to go out and get a blood glucose meter. (Ok.. order one maybe..)
I've taken benaGene for 3 weeks/1 per day and like Tintinet - haven't noticed anything overt.

It would be great to be able to measure a result, although some other supplements might confound the
blood glucose effect, like a Chromium supplement(?)

(previously posted under 'gneyedly').

#73 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 02:27 AM

Hi Tintinet,

Glad to hear you have been taking benaGene.  Do you monitor your blood glucose levels?  I use a One-Touch system from Lifescan.  It is easy and relatively inexpensive.  The immediate effects of benaGene that you should see are a stabilization of glucose levels-- fasting levels of about 80 to 87 mg/dL and after meals glucose levels less than 120 mg/dL.  The glucose spikes during the day should also be greatly reduced.  In the mice, genomic expression changes occured after 2.5 weeks.

Let me know about your glucose levels if you monitor them.

Regards,

Alan

Thanks, Alan
In the past I've monitored my blood glucose levels, but I haven't in some time.

I'll attempt to give it another go, as soon as my life settles into a more stable
pattern- unfortunately, that never seems to occur! ;)

#74 acash

• 37 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 05:25 AM

I've taken benaGene for 3 weeks/1 per day and like Tintinet - haven't noticed anything overt.

It would be great to be able to measure a result, although some other supplements might confound the
blood glucose effect, like a Chromium supplement(?)

(previously posted under 'gneyedly').

Hi checkinguy1,

I am glad you have not noticed anything overt....that is usually not a good sign in a long term strategy. I take 81 mg of asprin every night (in addition to my benaGene) and don't notice anything overt either......

Some chromium supplements will lower blood sugar.

At the 3 weeks mark with benaGene I bet you have lost about 2 lbs and did not notice.....

Regards,

Alan

#75 curious_sle

• 464 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 05:49 PM

Alan,

what ammount of benaGene do you take? not the 100mg 1x daily?

#76 u290

• 6 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 06:38 PM

Fast results are usually uncommon with supplements. To see the difference, you would need to take them consistently over several month. I guess that is the advantage of the supplements that they do not "explode" reactions.

#77 acash

• 37 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 07:40 PM

Hi Curious sle,

I get my benaGene "free" so I can take as much as I want.....

I actually only take the 100 mg/day. (Well 200 mg with the vitamin C in the tablet, i.e. one caplet.)

Regards,

Alan

#78 curious_sle

• 464 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 09:08 PM

okidok, thanks...

i take it there is no optimal mg/kg/d established as yet eh?
(and yes, i'll wait till it's like 30$ per month or so... sheesh...)

#79 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 09:12 PM

So, Alan- Have you personally lost weight, without trying, after taking Benagene
for a while?

Was weight loss a trend in the clinical trial?

What's the deal with the "maximal" doses listed in the clinical study table?

Were the participants not on a steady, consistent dose? Does the total mg
refer to combined Vit. C + Benagene, or just the "active" ingredient?

Thanks!

#80 acash

• 37 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 02:31 AM

Hi Curious sle,

The mg/kg/d that was chosen was selected on a variety of factors relating to the population as a whole and safety issues. As to individual optimal mg/kg/d, alot of it depends on your current glucose tolerance. If you are not a diabetic, or pre-diabetic, 100 mg/day is a good starting point.

#81 acash

• 37 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 02:48 AM

Hi Tintinet,

I personally have lost weight with benaGene, but I was overweight to begin with. I am 6'3" of a large frame, and my start weight was 258. I now weigh 233, but am more careful of what I eat, so most of the weight loss was probably not due to benaGene. In our mice studies, when allowed to eat as much as they wanted, the benaGene supplemented mice did not gain as much weight as the control mice. The curve was interesting, because both the lower weight and heavier weight portion of the curve was pushed to the middle, as compared with the control group, with the average weight being about 4% less than the control group. On me, 4% is 10 pounds, but I have lost more than that.

In the clinical trial, weight loss was not a trend, but all the subjects in the final clinical trial were diabetics, so we did not expect weight loss. There were reasons for this which I can not comment on at this point in time.

The maximal doses reflected an increase in dose to the limit shown. Not all of the participants were on a steady consistent dose for reasons which I can not comment on at this point in time. Sorry for the dodge, but for business reasons it is sometime nessary. There is no health issue here, though.

The total mg refers to the "benaGene" portion, not the Vitamin C portion. The vitamin C portion does turn out to be important also, however, but again I can't go into that now. Hopefully I will be allowed to discuss this further later on.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alan

#82 curious_sle

• 464 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 08:41 AM

Nice: http://blog.methusel...n_announce.html

#83 ageless

• Topic Starter
  • 219 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 11:39 AM

I have been using Benegene for just over a month now and it seems i may have lost some weight, mostly of the fat kind fortunately. I weight train regularly at high intensity and take various supplements. Mood and motivation both seem good.
I have at times experimented with two doses before bed or after working out and no evident problems have been seen.
I have kept/gained strength over this time which is also a good sign.
Generally I take benegene with 50mg Resveratrol before bed or after late evening workouts.

#84 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 01:16 AM

I've been taking it for over a month as well, but, like ageless, my observations of any effects I might experience (and I highly doubt I'd notice anything- 1. very few supplements have given me any effects I could discern, and 2. these capsules are really tiny), are confounded by my recent adventures with high dose resveratrol and other substances that accompany t-resv. in the various t-resv. containing supplements I've used (Country Life, Doctor's Best, NSI, BAC, Biotest, etc.) in addition to the high purity extracts I've used (99%+ purity Orchid synthetic and 98%+ purity PC extracts).

#85 curious_sle

• 464 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 10:39 AM

I'd love to get started with BenaGene but it simply is too expensive for the time beeing. (I need to ship it to europe so add 10% S&H etc, so i typically buy for 12 months or so and that will impede my ability to profit from the imminent :-) pricedrop on BenaGene... i mean, 45$ per month? whoa...)

#86 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 01:48 PM

Krebs cycle intermediate....lots in red apples.....pyruvate? Bueller?

#87 edward

• 1,404 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 12:05 AM

Just FYI here is some information on the active ingredient in Benagene. I am having a hard time trying to figure out why this stuff is supposed to be so positive. If any other company but AOR was selling it I would immediately dismiss the product as "wishful thinking"

Citric Acid Cycle Reactions

Introduction:

Under aerobic conditions the end product of glycolysis is pyruvic acid. The next step is the formation of acetyl coenzyme A(acetyl CoA) - this step is technically not a part of the citric acid cycle, but is shown on the diagram
Citric Acid Cycle on the top left.

Acetyl CoA, whether from glycolysis or the fatty acid spiral, is the initiator of the citric acid cycle. In carbohydrate metabolism, acetyl CoA is the link between glycolysis and the citric acid cycle.

The initiating step of the citric acid cycle occurs when a four carbon compound (oxaloacetic acid) condenses with acetyl CoA (2 carbons) to form citric acid (6 carbons).

The whole purpose of a "turn" of the citric acid cycle is to produce two carbon dioxide molecules. This general oxidation reaction is accompanied by the loss of hydrogen and electrons at four specific places. These oxidations are connected to the electron transport chain where many ATP are produced.

The reactions for the citric acid cycle are shown in the graphic on the left. These reactions are more familiar than those from glycolysis. Unless the instructor states otherwise, you should study these reactions so that you can: tabulate the ATP and CO2 generated; name the type of reaction at each step; and write the structure of any compound which has been blanked out. You should not memorize these structures but derive them from a knowledge of reaction principles.

Citric Acid Cycle

#88 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 01:36 AM

OK, ya lost me- which is the active ingredient of Benegene?

Thanks!

#89 edward

• 1,404 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 04:25 AM

oxaloacetic acid is the active ingredient

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#90 edward

• 1,404 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 04:28 AM

3-carboxy-3-oxopropanoic acid
which is also known as oxaloacetic acid

It's part of the citric acid cycle... I'm just trying to figure out what so special about supplementing it. Seems like one could just take citric acid and get some effect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users