Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

The Coalition to Extend Life

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 RighteousReason

• 2,484 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 12:14 AM

I have contacted mrfesta and asked him to display the Coalition to Extend Life very prominently on the myspace group 4everyoung.

#32 dnamechanic

• 1,518 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 08:10 PM

komirad - Signed it

But it seems like there is a lot of spam on it now oo

Thanks komirad.

Yes, Tom Mooney is aware of this junk. I have contatced petitiononline.com also.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hankconn - I have contacted mrfesta and asked him to display the Coalition to Extend Life very prominently on the myspace group 4everyoung.

Thanks hankconn, that is a good idea.

There has been some discussion regarding the MySpace Group-Forever Young in this thread

Possibly Wing Girl or Joseph may now have the authority to change the display.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the Life Extension topic at Unity08 , no registration is required to 'click' the Thumbs-up vote.
The 'Thumbs-up' minus 'Thumbs-down' total score is displayed in other listings at Unity08.

This discussion at Unity08 may be a good opportunity to introduce people to the concept of Life Extension.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#33 dnamechanic

• 1,518 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 02:52 AM

Hi All,

You may know this, but I wanted to remind others about one of Tom Mooney's efforts.

Tom Mooney is a lawyer and a former politician located near Washington DC, He is the originator of the CEL website:

The Coalition to Extend Life (CEL)

Tom spends his days in and around the United States Capital speaking with lawmakers regarding the Life Extension movement. This in itself is a monumental task, but Tom is extraordinary and onward he pushes. Tom has taken on the task of distributing Aubrey de Grey's and Michael Rae’s book Ending Aging to the lawmakers of the United States:

- 100 U.S. senators
- 435 members of Congress

Also including the presidential candidates for 2008.

The total number of books distributed will be approximately 550 copies.

Tom writes in The Dragonfly (A Publication of the Coalition to Extend Life)

"I leave them with a copy of the book in order for them to discover that our issue is not an impossible dream, but rather a viable possibility for the foreseeable future. I impress on them that a “War on Aging” would, among other things, free up research money for seminal projects geared to curing this terminal disease that causes everyone’s demise."

Tom is getting close to finishing with his book distribution.

"The canvassing should be completed by the middle of January, which will mean that the entire Congress will have had the opportunity to educate themselves about a concern that will become a major issue in U.S. politics."

His work is just beginning. He will follow up on the distributions and further discuss the book and related topics with the lawmakers. This is a very important and a never-ending task.

We may be adverse to politics, but whether we like it or not, the lawmakers will make laws that directly affect us and will affect the whole "Ending Aging" or Life-Extension effort. So we may as well try to help keep them informed so they have some chance of making better decisions.

If you would like to read Tom's reports on these topics in The Dragonfly, an eMail newsletter, then sign on at the CEL website. No contribution is necessary, although Tom could use all the help he can get.

Edited by dnamechanic, 22 December 2007 - 05:01 AM.

#34 dnamechanic

• 1,518 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 10:26 PM

Tom Mooney of CEL has come up with US postage stamps that have the CEL logo on them.

They are are legitimate US postage, he has used them and the letters were delivered. Neat idea!

Attached File  CEL_postage.jpg   45.02KB   3 downloads

Tom plans to make them available to CEL members at his cost.

#35 VictorBjoerk

• Member, Lifetime Member
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 08:58 AM

Why are so few people signing this petition?

#36 Heliotrope

• 1,145 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 03:17 AM

if the gov backs this , it'd be great

we need political clout, like have a lobbyist

#37 VictorBjoerk

• Member, Lifetime Member
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 10:30 AM

Wouldn't it be a good idea to start similar petitions in a number of other countries.

Edited by Shonghow, 17 May 2008 - 10:30 AM.

#38 brokenportal

• Lifetime Member, Moderator
  • 7,044 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 09:12 PM

We are going to start a drive like this like we did for amex. Does anybody want to join the team to do that?

We will meet to discuss it and work with it at the weekly cel meeting. You can find the time it is scheduled here: imminst.org/meetings

#39 bacopa

• Validating
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 11:00 PM

why doesn't someone pin this topic so that it doesn't just end up occasionally in the active topics sub forum. You can do that right?

#40 The Immortalist

• 1,446 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:08 PM

I would just like to eloquently

*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨) bump
(¸.•´ (¸.•´•.¸¸.•´¯`•._.•

This important topic.

Does anyone have anyideas to make this progress?

#41 BrandonKing

• 34 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 02:42 AM

i intend to go into politics and hope to go far i plan to run for president when i reach the proper age my platform will be mainly based on my genuine love of the US Constitution and Freedom which has been removed as of late and that i, from the people so i know your need no politician can say that cuz they come from wealthy families i was born in poverty and took on a knack for politics at a young age. but i always intended to provide a yearly budget for the War on Aging and the Trans-humanist movement as a whole if i ever were to get elected but i still got a little less than 20 years before im of age to run

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users