Photo

Flyer Designs

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 Aegist

• Guest Shane
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 05:51 AM

Post all Flyers you design in here. We will have a rudimentary vote on the best ones in early April.

The designs we are looking for in this are the text designs, that is, what are you saying and how are you saying it? This covers the phrases you choose, the words you choose, and the relative subordination of sentences (ie Do we have a page of text, or a headline followed with page of text, or Headline with a catchcry below it etc)

The second type of design which is important is the visual aspect of the flyer. This includes borders, emblems, background colour/images, text layout design, and font style.

When you post your flyer in the thread simply state this is a text concept, or a visual concept, or both.

First submission was a text concept and was this one:

Attached Files

#2 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 06:38 AM

Guess I'll go ahead and throw mine back in again. Nothing special, just used Aegist's design and put a picture on it.

Attached Files

#3 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 08:36 AM

I put the below flyer together in about 30 minutes. Each step represents a decade of a persons life. Some people maintain a certain level of fitness to keep climbing. Some don't! The person is a tad faded because his life dissipates.

There's a little more work to be done. I'm not totally happy with the colors. Additionally, I'm not sure whether I to include the words "STOP AGING" somewhere. I sort of likel leaving an open ended question. for people to ponder on.

There's a place done the bottom where we can put the rip off URLs. I didn't have time to do them. I have to rush off to see NOFX in concert. I'm late! RAWK ON!

Posted Image

Copyright 2007. Designed by Zoolander (Graeme Smith)

#4 Johan

• Guest, F@H
  • 472 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 10:33 PM

A simple but (hopefully) effective flyer, made with Adobe InDesign (and converted to PDF):

http://www.freewebto...Inst_Flyer1.pdf

What do you think? Too simple, perhaps? Does it attract enough attention?

#5 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 11:41 PM

I guess I'll put in the other ones from the other thread that I did. (nothing firm, most just messing around):

I was thinking that there could be different designs for different demographics/areas of town that you hang them up.

For instance, for religious types (outside churches, etc):

Posted Image

For the street/punk/whatever demographic:

Posted Image

or, maybe:

Posted Image

And, for the afraid of dying demographic. (ok, so that should be everyone, haha):

Some more (just messin around):

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 lunarsolarpower

• 1,323 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 12:48 AM

These are NOT for the brochure. I made them with a T-shirt in mind.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 06:07 AM

Wow, that is a really huge image. It resizes my screen.
;)

#8 lunarsolarpower

• 1,323 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 06:53 AM

Wow, that is a really huge image. It resizes my screen.
;)

Sorry, my laptop runs at 1920x1200 so 1024x768 pictures look kind of dinky.

#9 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 08:40 PM

here is the one cnoorwood suggested, just for the sake of keeping all the ideas in one spot:

Posted Image

#10 JohnDoe1234

• 1,097 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 10:55 AM

Here is one I have been thinking about for months, and finally these past few days I got around to making it. I did it all with mspaint (since that is what I am best with), so it took me longer than it should have:

Posted Image

whatifwehadmoretime.com being the landing page... which is available by the way.

This is just a rough draft because I see several places that I could improve it (just don't have the time now), but I'm thinking similar flyers could be done with the orbital periods of celestial bodies (specifically Pluto), and various geological events.

#11 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 11:27 AM

Oooh, that is a good one, Joseph. Simple, and yet straight and to the point.

#12 Aegist

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Shane
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 01:44 PM

Brilliant Joseph. Brilliant. This is exactly the sort of thing I was thinking of.

Wow, I love it.

I wonder if leadership would be interested in promoting this. We register the whatifwehadmoretime.com domain, and perhaps have a small competition to see who could design the best flyer working on the wiwhmt theme? Either building on the design you have already put together, or trying to find different ways of highlighting the lack of time, perspective and experience we have...

Just a thought....

#13 Aegist

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Shane
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 02:10 PM

Actually i like the domain and the concept so much, that I want it. Joseph, we need to talk!

I'm seriously thinking that that could be the title I am looking for for my book. I have struggled with a title so far, but haven't rushed it, plenty of time (I've only just started) but I think "What if we had more time" would be perfect. Particularly considering the opening section I have completed a draft of (See here: http://www.imminst.o...f=16&t=16965&s= )which I would love for everyone to read and provide some thoughts and feedback on.

Anyway, my brain is awash with ideas. I will PM you Joseph.

#14 JohnDoe1234

• 1,097 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 04:36 PM

Ahh, thanks guys...

Aegist, Yeah, As soon as I eat breakfast I'll PM (or email) you about getting some ideas flowing.

#15 Cyberbrain

• Guest, F@H
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 07:59 PM

Here's one I did real quick ...

Posted Image

#16 JohnDoe1234

• 1,097 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 08:52 PM

Here is another on along the same lines as my previous one... I don't really like it at all though, I think it is just a mess, but maybe if someone has any better ideas for it, they could alter it...
Posted Image

#17 Mark Hamalainen

• 564 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 August 2007 - 05:57 PM

Very nice designs Joseph! I like how the brand "what if we have more time" has so many possible variations.

If you haven't already committed to using them for a specific purpose, you should bring them by the MF Forums. Perhaps they could even be used jointly by ImmInst and the MF to advertise the life-extension meme.

Edited by osiris, 31 August 2007 - 06:33 PM.

#18 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,042 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 11:07 PM

Osiris, we are thinking about creating a website WIWHMT.com or whatifwehadmoretime.com. I think it would be a good idea to have links to both MF forums and Imminst at this introductory "landing page". The world-wide flyer posting and WIWHMT.com is going to happen this month...I promise.

#19 kevin

• Member, Guardian
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 04:44 AM

really very very good stuff..... roll on.. ! I look forward to seeing the concepts..

#20 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 04:16 AM

I'm bumping this topic and the original flyer thread.

We don't have any WIWHMT.com yet, but do you guys think the new front page is enough of a hook to go ahead and get something going?

#21 Richard Leis

• 866 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 01:56 AM

I think we can use the front page very effectively. A link to a page of flyers for download would be fantastic. I can do that...do we want more flyer ideas, or are we taking from the flyers already in this discussion?

#22 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 01:54 PM

I think we've got enough flyer designs for each individual to choose what to post in their area.

#23 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 03:09 PM

How do you post your flyers as viewable in the topic like that?

#24 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 04:00 PM

How do you post your flyers as viewable in the topic like that?

Either embed your picture with the image tags.

For instance:
[img]http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w211/RazrHog4Life/try6.jpg[/img]

would yield:
Posted Image

(notice: I used Photobucket to store mine, but you can use any image hosting site)

...or, you can attach it to the message itself. (in the advanced message reply, there is a little box to the lower right of where you type; Click the "Browse" button beside it to find the file on your computer to attach)

#25 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 04:43 PM

Ok, Ill do the photobucket part, but now how do I get a picture that I have added text too into my photobucket?

#26 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:30 PM

Ok, Ill do the photobucket part, but now how do I get a picture that I have added text too into my photobucket?

Any image can go into photobucket. I added my text with Photoshop, but any image editor that is any good should have the capability to add text to an image.

If you have any other questions about image editing or how to upload or anything, feel free to PM me and I can walk you through it rather than talk about it in this thread.

Edited by Live Forever, 28 April 2008 - 06:31 PM.

#27 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 11:33 PM

Are these organized anywhere like "resources"? I didnt see them in the resources tab. Is it possible for somebody to make a small icon of the poster that links to a printable version in a listing that Richard could then add on to save him some of the work?

#28 Athanasios

• 2,616 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 12:17 AM

Just a quick note: scribus the open source desktop publishing software is great for making media such as this and it is what I am using currently.

#29 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 03:32 AM

bump, could somebody pin this, or is there a better link that Im missing? I had to look all over for this. I got a request for some from a person who wants to put them out. If we made this an obvious button to click on for flyer designs then many more people may do this as a matter of weekly habit. I do, everybody, please to print off flyers whenever you have paper, ink and time. Run it till the ink goes dry and go buy some more.

#30 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 12:45 AM

Wow, Im really digging this picture. I think we should put a caption like, "Lived life? You aint seen nothing yet," and then slap an imminst logo and web address on it and use it as a flyer.

Jedimasterlucia, if you see this, can you try to do another version of this? Then we could use it for firmly official type things.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users