Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Maximizing Resveratrol Effectiveness

• Please log in to reply
1084 replies to this topic

#241 drmz

• 574 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 06:21 PM

Because maximum resveratrol blood levels in humans in one study, were about half that needed to kill cancer cells in a test tube in another study, some have incorrectly concluded that resveratrol cannot work in any context.  The main effect life-exentionists have been looking for is activation of the sirtuin genes, on the theory this mimics at least some of the effects of caloric restriction.  No one knows the necessary concentration to accomplish this in humans, but it is likely not an all-or-nothing effect.  There are measurable serum levels in humans, so the odds look good there is sirtuin activation.  Whether this is life extending or not, we will have to wait and see.  The odds look a lot better than for many other things, and resveratrol is not toxic in any dose anyone has taken so far. 

I'm glad your father feels better with 300 mg in a single dose.  It's more like likely this is due to COX2 inhibition, a known effect of resveratrol, than to sirtuin activation.  Judging by my own experience, he is likely to see further improvement over several weeks.

How much resveratrol was necessary to kill the cancer cells?
Is the amount of res needed to kill cancer cells the same as the amount that would prevent them from forming?
I would imagine that once cancer cells are reproducing in the body, it would make sense to take resveratrol intravenously at
the necessary strength to kill the cells. Is it that simple?

As for my Dad, he didn't have the same success the following day, which he attributes to the fact that he took less magnesium
the night before than he did the first time. Who knows. I am sure that is not the reason, buy since my Dad knows everything
concerning "his body" he is now doing his own experiment by taking more magnesium to see if he duplicates
the initial result. He will switch to the R300 as soon as he gets them, hopefully this week, and take two at a time, so maybe he will
have more consistent resuts then.

Is it a cumulative effect?

How are you able to talk about consistent results in an, with all respect, old man, when giving magnesium,resveratrol or any other supplement for 1 or 2 times a day during such a short period ? It's very subjective and prone to placebo effects.
It hasn't got any validity at all, probably only personal validity.

#242 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 06:34 PM

How are you able to talk about consistent results in an, with all respect, old man, when giving magnesium,resveratrol or any other supplement for 1 or 2 times a day during such a  short period ? It's very subjective and prone to placebo effects.

You are right. Sorry. i wasn't presenting this as a conclusive or consistent result. Only anecdotal.
I am new to the forum and didn't know the boundaries of posting. From now on I will not make anecdotal observations.
Again, sorry.
Also, I'm not an old man.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#243 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 06:45 PM

How are you able to talk about consistent results in an, with all respect, old man, when giving magnesium,resveratrol or any other supplement for 1 or 2 times a day during such a  short period ? It's very subjective and prone to placebo effects.

You are right. Sorry. i wasn't presenting this as a conclusive or consistent result. Only anecdotal.
I am new to the forum and didn't know the boundaries of posting. From now on I will not make anecdotal observations.
Again, sorry.

I think this is anecdotal information is helpful, please keep us posted.

#244 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 07:01 PM

Again, sorry.

Missminni,

There are no "boundries" to speak of when posting subjective/objective information....just that everything is presented clearly as what it is, which you did. There is no need to apologize! ;) Anecdotal evidence is valuable information, but should be always tempered with as much research and objective thought as possible.

#245 drmz

• 574 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 07:31 PM

Again, sorry.

Missminni,

There are no "boundries" to speak of when posting subjective/objective information....just that everything is presented clearly as what it is, which you did. There is no need to apologize! ;) Anecdotal evidence is valuable information, but should be always tempered with as much research and objective thought as possible.

Sure you don't have to apologize to me. I thought your dad was around 80 ? In my perspective that's rather old. Maybe i did not remember the age and i should have checked before.
As Mitkat said, there are no boundries to speak when posting info on here, and i surely don't make them.

#246 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 07:41 PM

Thanks all.
My dad is 92, which I guess from any perspective is old.
I thought you were calling me an old man.
Actually, 92 will probably become the new 50 if we keep extending life.

#247 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 02:33 AM

I think this is anecdotal information is helpful, please keep us posted.

Okay, thanks and you asked for it.
Update on my Dad....
It appears the instant pain relief he had the day before yesterday could
not be achieved today,even after taking his normal magnesium dose the night before.
I never thought the magnesium had anything to do with it, but he did.
The three Jarrow 100's had a laxative effect again, only this time it was an hour after he took it.
The first time the laxative effect was immediately after taking it and so was the pain relief.
Unfortunately today, he never got relief from the arthritis pain and had to take a Vicadan for pain relief.
He is now waiting until he gets the R300 from RevGenetics. Hopefully he will be able to take that
at a higher dose (600 mg) without having the laxative effect.
I will keep you posted.
As for me,
I just got the 98% pure powder today,
and will start my program tomorrow. I plan on starting with a gram in a shot of half and half
first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.
question:
Has anyone taking resveratrol noticed any improvement in skin or hair quality?

Edited by missminni, 20 November 2007 - 03:30 AM.

#248 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 05:49 AM

There have been some anecdotal reports of grey hair getting darker. This has primarily been facial hair in men. I've been noticing a diminution of mild facial rosacea lately, which would probably be consistent with an anti-inflammatory effect.

#249 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 12:11 PM

There have been some anecdotal reports of grey hair getting darker. This has primarily been facial hair in men. I've been noticing a diminution of mild facial rosacea lately, which would probably be consistent with an anti-inflammatory effect.

The "skin-pinch" test is a measure of skin elasticity and youthfulness. Place one hand flat on a table and pinch the skin on the back. The time it takes to return to its unpinched state. In the aged, it can take a minute to return to normal; in a child, it is instantaneous. A year ago, before ever taking resveratrol, I compared my response to my teen-age son. His skin-response was instantaneous. My own was under a second, about the time it takes to say "a-thousand" (as in "a-thousand-one" to measure a second.) After reading MissMinni's question, I tried pinching my hand. I get to "a-thou", so I would say that's an improvement.

I too believe I've seen an improvement in rosacea symptoms, though this is more subjective, as well as better healing of those flareups that do still occur.

BTW, there was a thread on "resveratrol effects", which this more properly belongs with.

#250 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 02:42 PM

niner:

maxwatt:
The "skin-pinch" test is a measure of skin elasticity and youthfulness. Place one hand flat on a table and pinch the skin on the back. The time it takes to return to its unpinched state. In the aged, it can take a minute to return to normal; in a child, it is instantaneous. A year ago, before ever taking resveratrol, I compared my response to my teen-age son. His skin-response was instantaneous. My own was under a second, about the time it takes to say "a-thousand" (as in "a-thousand-one" to measure a second.) After reading MissMinni's question, I tried pinching my hand. I get to "a-thou", so I would say that's an improvement.

I too believe I've seen an improvement in rosacea symptoms, though this is more subjective, as well as better healing of those flareups that do still occur.

BTW, there was a thread on "resveratrol effects", which this more properly belongs with. 

What great news! Especially the skin pinch test. Do you have a link to the "resveratrol effects" thread?
I can't find it.

#251 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 04:34 PM

niner:

maxwatt:

What great news! Especially the skin pinch test. Do you have a link to the "resveratrol effects" thread?
I can't find it.

http://www.imminst.o...=6&t=15333&st=0 Ehe threads been dormant since April; there were some reports on improved lipids.

#252 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 11:36 PM

More anecdotal observation from my Dad:
Today my Dad had positive result with 3 caps of Jarrow's 100 taken on a somewhat empty stomach before lunch.
He took a Vicoden in the morning, at 6am because he was in so much pain, but it gave him no
relief. He went swimming anyway, and came out of the water still in pain. By noon
he decided to take 3 of the Jarrow 100 before he ate lunch (300 mg altogether) and had very fast pain relief and
no laxative effect. He is still pain free as of 6PM. He is convinced the resveratrol is working but that he just
has to figure out the intervals he should take it.
Hopefully he will get the Revgenetics R300 soon and can increase his dosage.

My own anecdotal observation:
I started this morning with 98% Res at 800 mg. I took it mixed in Half and half.
Yummy. I tried the powder plain on my tongue and it had no taste that I noticed and I think
I will take it like that tomorrow and wash it down with the half and half just to see if I feel
any difference. I went to work out a couple of hours after taking it, and although I can't say
I felt any stronger as in using more weight, I did feel like I could isolate muscles better and
got a better workout because of it.
I don't know if that makes any sense, but I thought my workout was improved. I also
noticed improvement re: my morton's nueroma pain. But that could be due
to using an arch support in my shoe.
I took other supplements as well, but they are supplements I take often.
today they were:
500 mg L Carnitine
200 mg Indole 3 Carbinol
200 mg COQ10
25,000 IU Vit A
2 teaspoons of GI-Revive by designs for health
and my fresh aloe/yogurt smoothee.
Late in the afternoon I had an EBoost drink. That gave me a nice
shot of energy. If you haven't tried it, I recommend it instead of
an afternoon coffee. http://www.eboost.com/facts.html

#253 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 02:49 AM

Wow Browser. That description of your stay in Eygpt makes New York look like a yoga retreat.
It was very entertaining. Thanks. Now I know why I never had any desire to go there.

I actually fall asleep the minute my head hits the pillow. I have no problem falling asleep.
My issue is staying asleep for longer than 4 hours. I will check out the Sedona Method to see if
they deal with that issue. Thanks for the suggestion and for sharing your story.

Being able to sit calmly in traffic is truly an accomplishment.
I live on a street that is a main thoroughfare for traffic to the Holland Tunnel and everyday
starting at 3pm it is back to back traffic with car horns honking and blasting music at top volume
with the bass making the dishes in my cabinets rattle. i manage to phase it out and ignore it,
but I am sure it has to reside somewhere in my psyche. I am planning on moving out of the city next year.
Maybe my sleep will improve then.

ETA~I just noticed something that I believe to be the result of my taking the 800 mg of resveratrol
this morning. My knees, which always hurt when I get up from a squatting position, do not hurt
tonight. I noticed it just now when I squatted down to unplug something and prepared myself for the
pain I usually feel when I get up from that position. There was none. How wonderful.

Edited by missminni, 21 November 2007 - 03:41 AM.

#254 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 01:49 AM

Over at yet another resveratrol forum we're talking about taking resveratrol transdermally dissolved in DMSO. Any thoughts on the purity or lack there of of the 99% trans resveratrol extracts from knotweed when taking resverator in this fashion? If using the 99% product is safe transdermally, we're talking about a new area of affordability until the synthesized stuff floods the market (as melatonin and DHEA, once available only to researchers is now ubiquitous and cheap). Brands are freely discussed in this forum and vendors post to it. Seems like a good place to post my query.

Just a note about the resveratrol re: DMSO - I spoke with Dr Jacobs on the phone last week and asked him
if resveratrol could be transported in DMSO and he had no idea what resveratrol was. I asked him if Pregnenolone
could, and he said yes if it was in liquid form. In fact he said any corticoid could be transported by DMSO if it is
in liquid form. When I asked about using DMSO for transdermal
absorption of another substance, he said he would not recommend it for that and can only recommend it
to be used on its own for pain relief.
I think that resveratrol in a liquid state mixed with DMSO would
probably be absorbed transdermally. IIRC I think I read that resveratrol dissolves in DMSO anyway. Has anybody
tried that yet? He said not to use the DMSO gel. It doesn't absorb as well as the liquid. And he suggested 50%DMSO if you
were applying it above the waist and 70%DMSO below the waist. I guess that was because of the smell.
But he actually had no idea what resveratrol was. I guess somebody needs to experiment.

#255 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 11:18 PM

I have been experimenting with different dosing schedules of resveratrol. Initially I took it morning and night, but switched to a single, larger dose. The reason is the theory, suggested by niner, that one larger dose would overcome glucoronidation and sulfonation effects, resulting in higher serum levels and hence more sirtuin activation.

I've recently tried an evening dose in addition to my morning resveratrol drink, mixed in a few ounces of chocolate milk, or lecithin dissolved in water. The evening dose I've used vodka as a solvent. An ounce, i.e. 30 ml, holds 400 mg of 98% resveratrol with a lot of stirring (and one drink a day has been shown to be life extending.)

The evening dose eliminates break-through arthritic pain, which I'd begun experiencing in my toe and fingers (the weather has turned cold and damp here, recently.) Also, one presentation on the Sirtris website indicated they were attempting to achieve continuous serum levels with their SRT501 resveratrol formulation. This combined with my experience recommends more than one daily dose.

A note to Bowser: I do not think the effects I and others have noted are due only to COX-2 inhibition because resveratrol is more effective for me than any NSAID my doctor has prescribed (including Viox at one point.) The amount of reduction in joint deformity surpasses any obtained by an NSAID. A doctor I've corresponded with, claims to have cured the arthritis in his hand with resveratrol, to the point the deformity of the thumb is gone, and he can again operate. He attributes this not to COX-2 inhibition, but to inhibition of NF-kappaB a major source of inflammation. Interestingly, activation of sirt1 inhibbits NF-kappaB, so we have an indication here of effectiveness, if not to the levels seen in Sinclair's rodents.

I have not noted any effect on my borderline fasting glucose after several months of resveratrol self-treatment, though my post-prandial glucose is barely any higher. My lipid levels, though I get some encouraging readings with my Cardiocheck,are too inconsistent to draw conclusions. I find it curious Sirtris are testing resveratrol for diabetes, rather than for arthritis.

Edited by maxwatt, 23 November 2007 - 11:33 PM.

#256 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 06:45 AM

Interesting info I came across:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Naringin and naringenin are not the primary CYP3A inhibitors in grapefruit juice

Authors: Edwards D.J.; Bernier S.M.

Source: Life Sciences, Volume 59, Number 13, 23 August 1996 , pp. 1025-1030(6)

Publisher: Elsevier

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inhibitory effect of grapefruit juice and its bitter principal, naringenin, on CYP1A2 dependent metabolism of caffeine in man.
Fuhr U, Klittich K, Staib AH.

Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University Hospital Frankfurt/Main, Germany.

1. The effects of grapefruit juice and naringenin on the activity of the human cytochrome P450 isoform CYP1A2 were evaluated using caffeine as a probe substrate. 2. In vitro naringin was a potent competitive inhibitor of caffeine 3-demethylation by human liver microsomes (Ki = 7-29 microM). 3. In vivo grapefruit juice (1.2 l day-1 containing 0.5 g l-1 naringin, the glycone form of naringenin) decreased the oral clearance of caffeine by 23% (95% CI: 7%-30%) and prolonged its half-life by 31% (95% CI: 20%-44%) (n = 12). 4. We conclude that grapefruit juice and naringenin inhibit CYP1A2 activity in man. However, the small effect on caffeine clearance in vivo suggests that in general the ingestion of grapefruit juice should not cause clinically significant inhibition of the metabolism of other drugs that are substrates of CYPIA2.

PMID: 8485024 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Edited by health_nutty, 25 November 2007 - 06:48 AM.

#257 browser

• Validating/Suspended
  • 319 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 07:34 AM

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>
Again, sorry.
</span>

Missminni,

There are no "boundries" to speak of when posting subjective/objective information....just that everything is presented clearly as what it is, which you did. There is no need to apologize! :) Anecdotal evidence is valuable information, but should be always tempered with as much research and objective thought as possible.

I agree but would state further that anecdotal evidence is what doctors base their practice on. They try one drug out, note the effects, try another. They spread the word. Sort of research by anecdote. Eventually someone actually stages a test or does a meta statistical analysis and comes up with a conclusion. This may not suit the people who race to PubMed for answers, but that's the way things get discovered and propagate: by anecdote, or to be more formal Case History. When I go to the doctor, she decides I need a certain type of medicine. She rummages through what the drug detailer dropped off, hands me one or two different meds, tells me to try them out and report back so she can write a prescription for whichever one seemed to work best for me. That's hardly a medicine in which death is not a side effect, even if it's one in a million trials. One man's medicine is another man's poison.

#258 browser

• Validating/Suspended
  • 319 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 07:37 AM

Wow Browser. That description of your stay in Eygpt makes New York look like a yoga retreat.
It was very entertaining. Thanks. Now I know why I never had any desire to go there.

I actually fall asleep the minute my head hits the pillow. I have no problem falling asleep.
My issue is staying asleep for longer than 4 hours. I will check out the Sedona Method to see if
they deal with that issue. Thanks for the suggestion and for sharing your story.

Being able to sit calmly in traffic is truly an accomplishment.
I live on a street that is a main thoroughfare for traffic to the Holland Tunnel and everyday
starting at 3pm it is back to back traffic with car horns honking and blasting music at top volume
with the bass making the dishes in my cabinets rattle. i manage to phase it out and ignore it,
but I am sure it has to reside somewhere in my psyche. I am planning on moving out of the city next year.
Maybe my sleep will improve then.
</span>
ETA~I just noticed something that I believe to be the result of my taking the 800 mg of resveratrol
this morning. My knees, which always hurt when I get up from a squatting position, do not hurt
tonight. I noticed it just now when I squatted down to unplug something and prepared myself for the
pain I usually feel when I get up from that position. There was none. How wonderful.
</span>

This is nice to hear but not proof that resveratrol is anything but a Cox inhibitor at the dose you're taking and you're being a human.

#259 browser

• Validating/Suspended
  • 319 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 07:39 AM

I have anecdotal evidence for the same effects from Youth Tissue Extract and a whole slew of other supplements. Nice to hear but not conclusive.

#260 browser

• Validating/Suspended
  • 319 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 07:42 AM

I got the very same result from taking RNA and by doing chemical peals. With all due respect anecdotal evidence that resveratrol is a wonder drug is just that: anecdotal evidence.

#261 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 04:14 PM

I got the very same result from taking RNA and by doing chemical peals. With all due respect anecdotal evidence that resveratrol is a wonder drug is just that: anecdotal evidence.

You will forgive me for saying this, but that you woke up this morning is only anecdotal evidence that you are alive. Without clinical trials, there is no evidence that you have a life.

There is more than anecdotal evidence resveratrol does more than inhibit COX-2, but also nf-KappaP and PPAR {gamma} transcriptional activity, both of which are anti-inflammatory, and more than what NSAIDs accomplish in that department. The human trials are on-going.

#262 Brainbox

• 2,860 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 November 2007 - 02:06 AM

Hey everybody, I'm getting very tired of cleaning up all the off-topic mess that has been created lately. I deleted some posts and have been quite cooperative in splitting the sleep, SAD and light therapy issues into a separate thread. Maybe I will not be that cooperative next time and delete all off topic posts!
Let this be an official warning to everyone involved!

Edited by brainbox, 27 November 2007 - 02:24 AM.

#263 luminous

• 269 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 02:22 AM

Hey everybody, I'm getting very tyred of cleaning up all the off-topic mess that has been created lately. I deleted some posts and have been quite cooperative in splitting the sleep, SAD and light therapy issues into a separate thread. Maybe I will not be that cooperative next time and delete all off topic posts!
Let this be an official warning to everyone involved!

I guess you'll have to start by deleting your own post, eh?

Personally, I don't think it's such a horrible crime to go off topic a bit, nor do I think it's ultra-critical to split topics into separate threads. After all, that's what normally happens when people discuss things. Usually, someone comes along to ease the subject back into the topic at hand. This IS a discussion forum after all....isn't it?

#264 Brainbox

• 2,860 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 November 2007 - 02:34 AM

Personally, I don't think it's such a horrible crime to go off topic a bit, nor do I think it's ultra-critical to split topics into separate threads.

Sure, a bit is not a problem.

After all, that's what normally happens when people discuss things. Usually, someone comes along to ease the subject back into the topic at hand. This IS a discussion forum after all....isn't it?

Maybe we should stop using different subject oriented sub forums and topic titles as well.

Discussion closed. Feel free to open a topic about this in the appropriate forum area if you need to elaborate.

#265 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 09:44 PM

I just posted this in the thread for DMSO, but since it refers to
resveratrol and maximizing effectiveness, I am posting it here too:

I just tried DMSO* and Reveratrol together cutaneously.
I put a little res powder on my inner arm, sprayed it with the DMSO,
and it dissolved on contact and absorbed into my skin quickly too.
Further more, the DMSO has no odor at all.
It has a light oily texture. I don't know how much res will
get into my bloodsteam because I am not testing my blood,
but I felt something and it definitely dissolved on contact.

*I used a DMSO spray product
that I ordered online from
Herbal Remedies.com
866-467-6444
content:
Pure DMSO 99.9% - 70%
Aloe Vera - 40%

It was $7.61 for 8 oz spray.
with postage - 13.60

#266 stephen_b

• 1,735 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 10:38 PM

Herbal Remedies.com
866-467-6444
content:
Pure DMSO 99.9% - 70%
Aloe Vera - 40%

with postage - 13.60

Do you mean the "DMSO (Dimethylsulfoxide) Spray, 99.9% Pure Concentrate, Clinic Service Co., 8 fl oz"? No aloe vera in there. Interesting that the caution says "Avoid contact with eyes, skin, clothing".

I find transdermal resveratrol to be an interesting idea with some potential. I wish there were some way to evaluate it though. With your taking it orally and transdermally, you of course won't be able to tell which way is having an effect.

Stephen

#267 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 11:53 PM

Herbal Remedies.com
866-467-6444
content:
Pure DMSO 99.9% - 70%
Aloe Vera - 40%

with postage - 13.60

Do you mean the "DMSO (Dimethylsulfoxide) Spray, 99.9% Pure Concentrate, Clinic Service Co., 8 fl oz"? No aloe vera in there. Interesting that the caution says "Avoid contact with eyes, skin, clothing".

I find transdermal resveratrol to be an interesting idea with some potential. I wish there were some way to evaluate it though. With your taking it orally and transdermally, you of course won't be able to tell which way is having an effect.

Stephen

They have two sprays - one with 30% aloe and one with 30% water.
http://www.herbalrem...dmso-spray.html
For some it may cause skin irritation. Not for me.
For some it might cause an odor because of how their body chemistry reacts to it. Not with mine.
They have to have the warning. I actually called the owner of Clinic Service to ask him about the product and if it was
pharmaceutical grade. He said that he graded DMSO by purity. The purity is what makes it that grade or not, and his
is 99.9% pure. He was a very forthcoming guy. Said he has been using it for 20 years on himself, his children,
etc. He is totally available if anyone wants to talk to him about it.
As for the resveratrol effect, I am going to stop taking it orally and just try it cutaneously. I will put about about 10% of the amount I take
orally on my inner arm. I'll start tomorrow. Today I did it both ways.

#268 malbecman

• 733 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 12:55 AM

I"m not sure how comfortable I would be using DMSO long term. You may want to look into any potential chronic effects......

#269 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 01:53 AM

I"m not sure how comfortable I would be using DMSO long term. You may want to look into any potential chronic effects......

so far this was the worst I could find:
http://www.dnd.ca/he...heet_dmso_e.asp
I'm not worried, but if you know something else about it, please let me know.
more info:
http://www.mskcc.org.../html/69205.cfm

ETA~I couldn't find anything terribly negative about using DSMO, but since there are no studies I can find on
the prolonged daily use of DSMO, cutaneously or otherwise, I am a bit concerned about using it on a
prolonged indefinite daily basis.
It is now 12 hours since I used it and my experience so far has been this:

1. It absorbs very quickly and I felt it hit my bloodstream within a few minutes of application.

2. I don't know if I felt the Res or the DMSO (?) but I knew something was happening and continued to feel visceral effects
for at least 5 to 6 hours. I used about 1/8th of a teaspoon of res. thinking this would be about 200 mg. I already had
taken my daily oral dose (1.2 g) earlier, so yesterday I got a lot of res in my system.

3. I applied it to the inside of my arm. I think I used more DMSO than I need to. Today I am going to try using as little DSMO as possible.

4. A couple of hours after spraying the DSMO on my arm, I had the garlic taste in my mouth. I can't tell if my body smells
from it, because I haven't really perspired yet. I'm afraid to go the gym and find out. The taste in the mouth didn't last that long
and is gone this morning.

5. I also sprayed the DSMO on my toes where I have Mortons Nueroma. That was very effective in relieving the slight numbness
I usually have there. I am not going to spray my toes today because I want to use as little DMSO as possible. My Nueroma has improved over
the past week of taking res orally, but, as I mentioned before, I started using arch support at the same time so I really
don't know what to attribute the improvement to. Probably everything has contributed to it.

6. I am trying to figure out if one application a day (with aprx. 200 mg res - one eighth of a teaspoon) is sufficient for the res to be
effective. I'd rather not use the DSMO more than once a day, and I want to use it very sparingly.

Does anyone know if res has been tried this way before? What advantages, besides using less res, would one get from having it go
directly into the bloodstream. What advantages might one miss by not taking it orally? Are there any?

Edited by missminni, 28 November 2007 - 03:01 PM.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#270 ilanso

• 155 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 11:43 PM

http://www.imminst.o...t...&pid=163804

talks about DMSO and resv. injections (I guess they assumed everything that was dissolved in DMSO was pure resv.):

10 muMol/kg resveratrol in the DMSO was injected in the knees at day 0 and then it was continued once daily for 2 weeks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users