• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

How far would you go to improve your look

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you get cosmetic surgery? (167 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you get cosmetic surgery?

1. Already done (18 votes [10.91%])

Percentage of vote: 10.91%

2. Yes (86 votes [52.12%])

Percentage of vote: 52.12%

3. No (38 votes [23.03%])

Percentage of vote: 23.03%

4. No but would get botox (6 votes [3.64%])

Percentage of vote: 3.64%

5. Other (17 votes [10.30%])

Percentage of vote: 10.30%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 zoolander

• Topic Starter
  • 4,724 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 05:28 PM

I agree. I don't see this either. It must also be my dress and personality. My partnet hates the above photo. She thinks it makes me look pale and pasty. She is the most beautiful and utterly bias person I know.

She likes this shot

Posted Image

I don't really like it.

Pardon me whilst I hijack this post for one more shot. This next shot I love. We did it in one of those photos booths when we were in Tokyo last year

Posted Image

#32 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 07:24 PM

I agree. I don't see this either. It must also be my dress and personality. My partnet hates the above photo. She thinks it makes me look pale and pasty. She is the most beautiful and utterly bias person I know.

She likes this shot

Posted Image

I don't really like it.

Pardon me whilst I hijack this post for one more shot. This next shot I love. We did it in one of those photos booths when we were in Tokyo last year

Posted Image

I like both photos. Full of personality.
Wha Tokio, I really want to get there <3
Haha you two looks super cute!

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 November 2007 - 08:22 PM

There are many things that can make you look older or younger, getting the correct lighting and angle on the photo's can be important... also depends on the camera too. I don't really like shots when they use a 'flash' but prefer natural lighting. In those shots you look about the same age as my brother who is 27.

Edited by Matt, 29 November 2007 - 08:24 PM.

#34 Eva Victoria

• 887 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 07:38 PM

I voted NO but would consider Botox.
And this is why cosm. surgery won't help:

You can achieve success surgically but only to a point because, even after surgery, the skin still looks lackluster. "You can get rid of a turkey gobbler" says Dr. Brown, "and take out bags, but surgery cannot give you the succulent soft skin you had in your twenties."

So I stay with Retin-A and a good SunScreen every day :)

Edited by Eva Victoria, 26 February 2008 - 07:38 PM.

#35 Shannon Vyff

• Life Member, Director Lead Moderator
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 05:01 AM

- Hair color: Yes
- Tooth whitening: Would love to (Veneer is too expensive, IMO and bleaching thins the enamel I wouldn't do it)
- Hair transplant: Would if I needed it
- Tattoos: No, unless there was ink that did not get into my blood stream and liver over the years (also non toxic)
- Botox: Probably will someday, seems inexpensive and safe
- Laser peel: Probably will someday
- Chemical peel: Maybe, laser seems safer-I'd have to research it more.
- Laser hair removal: Would if it was inexpensive (I'd rather donate money to causes I support, razors are cheap)
- Laser eye correction: Would if I needed it, I don't wear glasses though now--maybe someday.
- Liposuction: Would if I needed it, but only if exercise didn't work.
- Eyelid surgery: Would if I needed it
- Nose job: Would if I needed it
- Collagen injection: Maybe someday
- Anal bleaching: What? I had to look that up--I mean why? I see there is also:
--Vaginal bleaching: Don't see the need.
For women, or transgender: breast job--can't wait till I'm 40 something, I think it would be fun--I'll do a 'mommy makeover' after my next babies are older :) Would have to find someone good, also inexpensive--don't think my husband would like me to do the following link :) but there could be someone here that is interested :p : http://myfreeimplants.com/
For men: breast implants (looks like ripped abs without the work)

There are tons of things one could do, I guess I save money though by being married and as long as my husband is happy and thinks I'm 'hot' (not that, that will last) there are elegant beautiful older women--I also plan on staying physically fit--so I don't think I'd ever do much, and would rather leave more room in my budget for social action :).

#36 bacopa

• Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 03:39 AM

I already had work done on my chin to cosmetically enhance it, basically making it more prominent. Plastic surgery can be dangerous though and in my case it took 3 operations for the fuckers to get it right!

#37 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 04:31 AM

I've no moral or ideological barrier to improving my look through surgical means.

#38 Prometheus

• 592 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 09:27 AM

Whatever it takes.. :p

#39 VictorBjoerk

• Member, Life Member
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 10:37 AM

But the fact is,when people try to look decades younger through plastic surgery they always end up weird.......

#40 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 04:12 PM

But the fact is,when people try to look decades younger through plastic surgery they always end up weird.......

Well look at Tarja Turunen...
She has had many surgeries like that and she looks nice.. (born at 1977).

Posted Image

Posted Image

#41 Luna

• Guest, F@H
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 04:26 PM

31 and looks like a teenager.
Oh, evil cosmetic surgeries :p

#42 VictorBjoerk

• Member, Life Member
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 04:43 PM

Many 31 year olds can look like teenagers with makeup etc,at only 31 the aging process has not done much damage at all! I don't think she looks DECADES younger rather like a nice-looking 25-30 year old...

someone well-known who tries looking decades younger at 75 is Joan Rivers and well something doesn't look right about her.......

Cindy Jackson is however really convincing at 53...........

http://www.cindyjack...photo_album.php

I wonder how long she will be able to look that much younger...It must look pretty weird when she looks like that and wear hearing aids,talks with a shaky voice and walks with a walker.........

#43 Heliotrope

• 1,145 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 04:57 PM

Tarja Turunen actually doesn't look much younger than 31, i'd have guessed her at 30 yo. btw what's the point of looking young if the internal organs are aging just as fast as how old you really are? looking young doesn't really help one living longer right?

#44 Luna

• Guest, F@H
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 05:15 PM

Tarja Turunen actually doesn't look much younger than 31, i'd have guessed her at 30 yo. btw what's the point of looking young if the internal organs are aging just as fast as how old you really are? looking young doesn't really help one living longer right?

It is a different subject :p

#45 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 07:29 PM

But she looks pretty.

Moreover, good looks gives you self confidence and better management within society, this makes one happier and lengthens his life :p

#46 VictorBjoerk

• Member, Life Member
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 07:40 PM

Anyone who read that Cindy Jackson has begun another episode of transformations to look even younger?

It is so convincing that it really feels like she has beaten the aging process completely.Just look at her whole body and not only the face,it is just like a 20-year olds!

I wonder how she handles photodamage,she must go through some procedure that helps her skin stay like that,maybe laser?

http://www.cindyjack...photo_album.php

google "53 year old" just for comparison! :p

#47 Luna

• Guest, F@H
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 07:59 PM

Cindy looks like 35 or so I think.. not 20.
But her face somehow shows she's older..

#48 VictorBjoerk

• Member, Life Member
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 08:33 PM

Personally I can't see the signs of Cindy's real age,could anyone point out anything with her that is different from someone in her twenties?

#49 Brainbox

• 2,860 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 June 2008 - 09:04 PM

Every technology has it's limitations...

Attached Files

#50 zoolander

• Topic Starter
  • 4,724 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 10:23 PM

Infernity, you're just as beautiful as Tarja Turunen. I hope your not aspiring to be that beautiful because you are already

#51 VictorBjoerk

• Member, Life Member
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 10:34 PM

Cindy does apparently eat very healthy too which may contribute to her appearance.....

#52 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 June 2008 - 10:38 PM

You sure that picture of Michael isn't photshopped? lol Heres Michael in a fairly recent video. You can see him 1+ min into it.
http://www.dailymoti...e-movies_events

or a picture here. Though this is probably PS too.
Posted Image

Edited by Matt, 22 June 2008 - 10:43 PM.

#53 DJS

• 5,798 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 June 2008 - 11:06 PM

Based on what's currently available I would draw the line at the hardcore plastic surgery as, after a few additional years of aging, it seems to make you look even worse than if you had had no work done at all. Which, of course, leads to the temptation to get more work done. And thus beginning the vicious cycle.

BTW, Sting looks absolutely incredible. If I hadn't known his age I would have guess early to mid forties. Sting is a great example of how to do things right.

For all the guys out there, we really do have to admit that the evolutionary psychology of attraction has been quite good to us. I forget where I heard this saying but it goes, "Men age like fine wine, women age like milk." :p

Finally, if someone is concerned about hir looks, I can't see how s/he'd forgo the botox. Low risk, high reward from my perspective.
  • dislike x 1

#54 Brainbox

• 2,860 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:10 AM

Regarding botox, there has been a study that determined that the injected botox did spread and, among other places, did appear in brain tissue. I couldn't find any scientific evidence yet though.

This is the study "abstract":

A new reason to frown. Does Botox get into the brain? Troubling research contradicts earlier findings about the treatment.Begley S.
PMID: 18491789 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Edited by brainbox, 23 June 2008 - 09:03 AM.

#55 Brainbox

• 2,860 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:11 AM

And, yes, Photoshop appears to have the best anti-aging properties compared to any method as of yet.

Being a part-time photoprapher myself, I'm very familiar with the posibilities that are provided by photoshop. I just would not judge the apearence of the members of stardom (or any other individual for that matter) by looking at photographs. Big mistake!
I admit the photo of Mr. Jackson is somewhat gross, but it just tells us not to bank on "proven" results of cosmetic surgery based on pictures.

Again, Big Mistake!

Edited by brainbox, 23 June 2008 - 08:36 AM.

• Agree x 1

#56 kenj

• 747 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:32 AM

Cindy Jackson is pretty impressive, looks 40ish (in very good shape) to me, - I hope she takes care of a inner beauty as much as her outside.

#57 VictorBjoerk

• Member, Life Member
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 10:47 AM

She probably does,She's a member of mensa...........

#58 Shakti

• 1 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 01:21 PM

I have had a breast operation. I think it's very ok to fix your body after destroying it with pregnancy.

#59 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 09:43 AM

Wow that Tarja Turunen is unpleasant to look at.
  • dislike x 1

#60 mike250

• 981 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 10:28 AM

Well look at Tarja Turunen...
She has had many surgeries like that and she looks nice.. (born at 1977).

Posted Image

Posted Image

no offense but she doesn't look pretty at all.
  • dislike x 2
  • Agree x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users