Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

ADD, Brain Fog, Fatigue, and Insomnia Cure Here

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#31 j03

• 592 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 12:38 PM

Why should you keep your window open all the time?

I live in an area with pollution, and prefer it closed with an air purifier going.

#32 everon

• 6 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 06:49 PM

bump for one of the best threads on ImmInst

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Germs111

• 35 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 12:34 AM

Could someone please explain the anti-depressant bit? I take trazodone at night for sleep. Would the effects on my cognition carry over to the next day? I somewhat doubt that, but I would like to hear someone else's thoughts on the matter.

Edited by Germs111, 25 December 2010 - 01:20 AM.

• like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#34 stablemind

• 520 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 05:13 AM

Why should you keep your window open all the time?

I live in an area with pollution, and prefer it closed with an air purifier going.

Oxygen.

If you leave the windows closed you are breathing in CO2 and not enough oxygen so it will contribute to fatigue, depression, and other aliments.

I felt a world of difference after opening my windows at night.

#35 christianbber

• 81 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 10:28 PM

I hypothetically agree following this regime will make a healthier individual.

Sadly, because of everyones hectic lifestyle, the need for cheap food due to economic times. The immediate gratification outweighs the long term health problems we'll encounter by NOT abiding by this regime.
  • dislike x 1

#36 QuantumTubule

• 70 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 02:13 PM

Bump for a thread worthy of the title nootropic user

#37 MrHappy

• Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 05:23 AM

Bump. This is a great article and should get a sticky.

#38 #1hit

• 153 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 02:12 PM

Great thread, I'm not going to lie to myself and say I'm going to follow all, or even most of the suggestions in it, but I'm certainly going to refer to it from time to time and see if I can't make a couple of the adjustments recommended over time. I've started studying outside and going for walks, in addition to doing p90x, and its amazing how much better you feel after being outside for some time.

Oh, and a question... does anybody know if permenant retainers that orthodontist fixed onto teeth sometimes after removing braces contain mercury? thank you.

#39 sam7777

• 162 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 04:13 AM

I do a lot of heavy medical research over endocrinology. I can speak from everything I have read in 3 years, that the suggestions in the OP's first post are about the most pertinent thing in terms of advice on the internet I have seen, with the exception that if you do not understand the "why" part, you get into some grey area.

Frankly, however, there is hard science to explain these things, not to mention just obvious common sense. It would be nice to see more posts focusing on the holistic approach he is pointing out. I see a endless litany of posts on here about deprenyl or racetams and prescription stimulants. The "how I got this way" is so overwhelmingly important, it is in effect, the nail in your coffin. Beware.

Conversely, the lack of explanation for why the OP's approach works, is what leads so many people to just trying to hammer racetams and adderall. The "why" and the "how" must be explained and discussed more. It is endocrinology.

Endocrinology explains Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, it explains Fibromyalgia, it explains cancer, it explains Bipolar disorder. It is not just a minor part of the a multi-systematic patho-etiological disease progression. Endrocrine dysfunction is the MAIN, and PRIMARY istigater of the MAJORITY of chronic illnesses.

Some of the nastiest pollutants we are exposed to are endocrine disruptors. A good deal of the important, and ubiquitous offendors, are those endocrine disruptors associated with agricultural pollution, the industry accounting for almost all pollution, and thus consequently it is in your food.

Toaster struedles and Big Mac's are mostly just petro fertilizer, by this logic lol.

#40 JChief

• 636 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:35 AM

Follow the program for at least three months and you will be guaranteed to be free of fatigue, attention deficit, brain fog, and insomnia.

But First Go to Naturopathic Doctor
- Get an EEG and CAT or MRI brain scan
- Check for HHV-6A virus and Epstein-Barr Virus
- Check for Lyme and Babesia
- Check for all STD's
- Check for thyroid and anemia
- Check for all hormones
- Get a Heavy Metal Hair Analysis (you can do it online also)
- Get an Allergy to Food Blood Test (you can do it online also)
- Get a MELISA test for metal allergy (done online)

Regular or Infrared Sauna (should be as hot as you can withstand) at least 2 times a week
Detox Baths – Sea Salt, Ginger, and Epsom Salt baths at least 2 times a week
- Vegetable/Plant brushing before, during, and after saunas and baths

Important:
- Always keep your windows open at night
- Stop eating fast food and junk food immediately
- Stop eating out so much
- Eat organic and eat more vegetables
- Start walking or jogging in fresh air everyday
- Stop being on the computer and TV so much, limit computer and TV to weekends only
- Get more exposure to the sun
- Start slowly at comftorable speeds reading books
- Stay away from negative people
- Stop smoking, caffeine, and alcohol immidiately
- Take out all Silver Dental Fillings (#1 cause of mercury poisioning)
- Stop using artificial sweeteners including splenda and drinking diet sodas
- Stop taking anti-depressants and stimulant drugs (of course lower the dose each week and come off slowly, but the faster the better!)

PH balance
apple cider vinegar - 1tbsp in water every morning or night (also helpful in allergies and sinus infections)

Thyroid Gland
Iodine from kelp
Coconut oil - 1tbsp in the morning or just cook with coconut oil

Adrenal Gland
Taurine - 2g 3 times daily
SAM-E
Licorice
Phosphadityl Serine - 500mg in the morning
DL-Phenylalanine - 2g 3 times daily
*Adrenal Cortex extract and DHEA for serious adrenal burnout only, should be taken for 1-3 months and stopped by lowering doses each week until it is safe to stop consumption (good for severe morning fatigue)

Brain
Omega 3's - 1 tbsp Carlson's fish oil in the morning
Piracetam
Alpha GPC, Phosphatidylcholine, or Lecithin
Vinpocetine
Theanine
Siberian Ginseng, Gingko Biloba, Bacopa, or Rhodiola Rosea

Heavy Metal Chelation
Cilantro extract or Fresh Cilantro optionally juiced (do not take cilantro alone without the below and kidney, lymph, and liver support, it could cause redistribution of heavy metal into other organs and make you really sick) - taken morning and night
Chlorella or Modifilan - taken morning and night
Chlorella Growth Factor
NAC - taken morning and night
Selenium - taken once daily (available in mineral complex, which you should be taking anyway)
2-5 cloves Minced Garlic in water taken at night
Heavy Vitamin C doses (should be taking anyway)

*Opt. Additional Gluthionine Precursors
Methionine
Glycine
SAM-E

OR a more proven choice for chelating. Doctor's supervision is reccommended

DMSA: 1/8 to 1/2 mg of DMSA per pound of body weight, per dose taken every 3-4 hours including nighttime
R-ALA: 1/8 to 1/2 mg of ALA per pound of body weight, per dose taken every 3-4 hours including nighttime

OR

*IV-DMPS only under doctor's supervision

OR

HMD - http://www.thebeewel.../... is HMD.pdf
Studies show that it cleanses your body of ALL heavy metals without side effects such as those with dmps and dmsa

Studies on HMD here - http://www.mercuryex...?article_id=648 (scroll down a little, it is the 6th study)

Note: Heavy metal chelating can take as long as 5 years depeding on how high your heavy metal levels are. Have your local naturopathic doctor test you for heavy metals through a hair analysis and a IV-DMPS shot for any post heavy metal passing through urination.

Do not take EDTA. It is known to cause mercury redistribution to the brain 100x.

***Most be supplementing with high doses of extra minerals during chelation especially calcium, magnesium, and zinc because when chelating not only toxic heavy metals are passed.

Anti-Candida
Prebiotics
Probiotics
Oregano Oil, Peppermint Oil, Caprylic Acid, Garlic, or Pau D' Arco
*5 day bottled or distilled water diet, only in extreme cases of Candida

Digestive System Cleanse
Pascalite or Bentonite Clay

Digestive System Support
Apple or Grapefruit Pectin
Ginger
*Betaine if stomach problems are present

Liver, Kidneys, Bladder, and Lymph
Milk Thistle
Red Clover Blossoms
Dandelion Root

Bones, Blood, Skin, Hair, Muscle, Immune System, Hormones, and Central Nervous System
Vitamin C Powder Calcium buffered for slower release - 3g x 3 times daily
Grape Seed Extract or Pycnogenol
B-Complex Coenzyme or Sublingual Liquid
Organic Trace Minerals
Mineral Complex Albion Chelated
Calcium Albion Chelated taken in the morning
Magnesium Albion Chelated taken at night (95% of ADHD people are deficient in magensium. Also, commonly in zinc and sometimes in iron.)

Sleep Support this is like a natural unaddicting Benzo/GHB alternative so be careful
450mg Kava Lactones
50mg 5-HTP
3mg Sublingual Melatonin

Powerful Stimulants after Fatigue Is Cured
NADH
Acetyl-L-Carnitine
Green Tea alternated every other day with Chocamine or Erythritol Dark Chocolate
Ibedenone

Powerful Nootropics after Fatigue Is Cured
Deprenyl
Tianeptine
Pramiracetam

Diet

Important: Gluten and Casein free
- You will experience addiction withdrawal symptoms such as depression, more fatigue, headaches, and ext. for the first 30 days. But after you will feel 10 times better.

No oats, spelt, barley, or wheat
No breads, mushrooms, or yeast
No dairy, milk, cheese, or yogurts
No sugar, honey, agave syrup, maple syrup, fructose, or other source of sugar
No carrots or corn
No rice puffs, dried fruit, corn flakes, or other simple carbs
No canned tuna or salmon (high mercury content)
No tap water, only bottled spring water
No cheat meals
No fresh or packaged fruit juices
Fruit once a week – apples, papayas, pineapple, and mangos preferred

-Cooking in organic butter or refrigerated extra virgin olive oil is ok but coconut oil is preferred for thyroid and as a potent anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal

-Sea salt should be used instead of regular salt

-Carbs should be avoided for breakfast and lunch because they make you sleepy. Brain needs amino acids for function.

Breakfast:
Wild Caught Fresh, Smoked or Salted Salmon or boiled eggs with vegetables

Salmon is considered to have a safe mercury level

Lunch:
Organic Chicken or Turkey with vegetables

Dinner:
Organic Beef, Buffalo, or Lamb with buckwheat, brown rice, pumpkin, squash, potato, or yams with vegetables

Snacks
Almonds, Sunflower Seeds, Home made Dehydrated Vegetables in Sea Salt (no oils), or Bissinger's Sugar-free Erythritol Sweetened Dark Chocolate

*Important for Adrenal and Central Nervous System function
Bedtime: 8pm-10pm
Wake-up Time: 4am-6am – this is the most stimulating time to wake up for the body when the earth sends waves throughout your body

Recommended
- Ionic air filter in each room or at least in bedroom
- Vegetable dehydrator for healthful snacks
- Stop taking vaccines (they don't work and they are loaded with mercury, microbes, and preservatives)
- Stop using sun block – know to cause skin cancer
- Use only organic shampoos, body washes, deodorant, and soaps – chemicals used in those products are known to penetrate the skin and into the blood causing cancer
- Steamer - for a chopped broccoli, cauliflower, and asparagus mix
- 100% brazilian spring water - http://www.brazilian...om/products.php (poland spring is just filtered water)
- Stop using microwaves - changes molecular structure of food and destroys all vitamins and minerals

Alright, that's it. Enjoy being cured. God bless.

What about a cure for OCD? :D
  • dislike x 1

#41 JChief

• 636 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:44 AM

Fat works well as a lubricant. It certainly keeps me regular.

Fat can be good indeed!

#42 1thoughtMaze1

• 335 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:50 PM

Yeah let me just do all thOse thing Notro, because all I have to do during they day is watch my diet
  • dislike x 1

#43 sam7777

• 162 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:35 PM

Nootro, OP, is right. If you think you are getting away with your current lifestyle you will pay dearly in the long run. Study epidemiology, statistics do not lie. There are epidemic proportions of the population contracting degenerative chronic disease. Those who do not wake up and smell the coffee will not be around in another 30 or 40 years. Natural selection and the coming decades of our world situation will not be forgiving.

Ingredients
Vegetable Shortening (Partially Hydrogenated Soybean and/or Cottonseed Oil), Bleached and Enriched Wheat Flour (Niacin, Reduce Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Modified Food Starch, Corn Syrup Solids, Salt, Spice, Nonfat Milk, Whey, Sugar, Chicken Meat and Chicken Fat (Preserved with BHA, Propyl Gallate and Citric Acid), Soy Flour, Torula Yeast, Hydrolyzed Corn Gluten, Soy Protein, and Wheat Gluten, Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Mono and Diglycerides, Sodium Caseinate (a Milk Derivative), Bacon Fat, Sodium Citrate, Monosodium Glutamate, Disodium Guanylate, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Color Added.

Posted Image

Exhibit A. Engineered Genocide

#44 nupi

• 1,532 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:30 AM

There are some very valid point in the OP but on the whole, it is just not very realistic to be implemented.

And some of it is quackery (like the part about microwaves)
  • like x 1

#45 sam7777

• 162 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:07 PM

I believe that microwaves are a no go. Have not used one in about 5 years. The microwave alters the quantum nature of the foods molecules and the genetic structure of the food in a very unnatural way. The basic argument with the microwave, was that your body knew how to deal with the carcinogenic properties of burnt food from a fire, but not the altered molecules of microwaved food. The Russians researched it back in the 60s. EMF pollution is probably an issue in of itself. Odds are, high EMF are not good for your cellular metabolism, and a lot of reading out there suggest just such.

Basically nothing in the modern age is good for us. Everything gives you cancer. Well, yeah it does. So the OP has offered you some ways to combat that. I suppose if we do not kill ourselves off like on the planet of the apes, we will eventually develop some evolutionary/genetic resistance to our own man made pollution. What a quaint, novel thought and future to look forward to...

It is overall gist of the OP that is so damn important.

#46 dosquito

• 253 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:39 PM

someone please link to good online hair analysis and food allergy blood test

Edited by dosquito, 22 November 2011 - 04:39 PM.

#47 sam7777

• 162 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:16 PM

http://www.doctorsdata.com/home.asp

http://www.traceelements.com/

#48 nupi

• 1,532 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 03:09 AM

I believe that microwaves are a no go. Have not used one in about 5 years. The microwave alters the quantum nature of the foods molecules and the genetic structure of the food in a very unnatural way. The basic argument with the microwave, was that your body knew how to deal with the carcinogenic properties of burnt food from a fire, but not the altered molecules of microwaved food.

Altering the genetic structure of food? 2.4ghz EM radiation is non-ionizing, so it won't change genes and it generally does not leak out of microwave ovens in any significant quantity either, otherwise WiFi would fail everytime someone used one nearby.

It does do some changes on the molecular level, but that's sort of the point of cooking food... I don't even understand what a quantum nature of food is supposed to be.

No serious study could ever show any health impact from microwaving food.

#49 sam7777

• 162 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:29 AM

Lets not hijack the topic over microwaves hehe. There are studies, but whether you want to call them serious is not something for this topic.

Some people argue that the microwaves do leak radiation. My argument was that by eating the affected food, it is by that means that you are ingesting carcinogens. This is along the lines of the argument that eating lots of BBQ causes cancer. Yet, as I pointed out the quantum and genetic nature of the food is altered in a non-natural way. Nothing in nature mimics microwave ovens.

#50 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:03 AM

This is a really interesting thread. The OP has a lot of great points to it, that are under-appreciated on this board, but I agree there are a few items snuck in there which do not serve to support credibility. For instance, the earth sending waves through your body in the morning. I'd also question or flat-out disagree with a lot of the supplement recommendations, and the list is no more a universal brain-healing supplement regimen than the "total newbie's guide to nootropics" thread is a universal cognitive enhancer.

I think perhaps the largest overall problem with the better recommendations is one of priority. The first item on the list is to get a CAT or MRI scan. Neuroimaging is not a standard preventative procedure, so even if one does have insurance, you'll almost certainly have to pay out-of-pocket. That's a lot of money, and I have no idea what would be gained. Neuroimaging is not like a DNA test, where we can identify potential problems based on genome info and perhaps take preventative action.

Another big problem is practicality and compliance. For instance, I live in the woods and interact with most people I know through the computer, not to mention it's where I do most of my reading. Will only using it on weekends really go a long way toward clearing brain fog and increasing my lifespan? Perhaps (mental habits, sitting, etc)., but it's a potentially drastic change recommended for nebulous reasons.

It would be much more useful to read suggestions based on more realistic priority: an intersection of what the most likely causes of common problems are based on incidence data and current understanding of mechansims, which ones can be tested/eliminated/correctly cheaply, and which ones are really important to get right to achieve certain objectives. Right now, the first post is basically saying "live a perfectly healthy lifestyle and ADD/etc will be cured." Which I think is still debatable, and makes some pretty big assumptions about the ranges of etiology involved here.

And as for the overall message of natural being better, I would qualify that pretty heavily, since every part of our current human existence is probably unnatural based on some criteria. Again, there's an overlap of data and ideology here that's sometimes difficult to sort out without already being aware of these issues in the first place.

@sam7777: you make a lot of good points (here and elsewhere) about underlying problems, endocrinology, and epidemiology. I admit I know very little about the endocrine side of these issues. I'd love to read more specific recommendations for improvements or corrections people might make without necessarily altering their entire lifestyle. For instance, I was reading this week about homocysteine's negative impact on neurogenesis, and am going to try to include these kinds of physiological aspects more when I'm doing literature searches. I'd be very interested to hear what items you would put on top of a list with a more practical framework/outlook, like I mentioned above, and the general reasoning behind them. It might give people (including me) a better place to start more research than the catch-all list in the OP.

Edited by chrono, 24 November 2011 - 01:12 AM.

• like x 1

#51 sam7777

• 162 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 02:48 AM

@chrono

I'd be very interested to hear what items you would put on top of a list with a more practical framework/outlook, like I mentioned above

Understanding how exercise effects the body is the primary research agenda. I myself have just tortured myself studying neurophsyiology. Yet seemingly you get no where. Something as offbeat as a gang grenous toe can mentally impair you. See.. that creates issues with proper research.
Understanding how fixing metabolic failure, systemic oxidation, mitochondrial disorders, and inflammatory conditions affect things like neurotransmitter and neuropeptide receptor sensitivity and the release of these molecules in the brain. Especially things like properly balanced serotonin regulation in the brain, and its effects on oxytocin, vasopression, somataostatin, anandamide, enkephalin, dynorphin, ATCH, norepineprhine, and dopamine. Too little or too much of these in the wrong place and you get cognitive impairment and mental illness as we know.

If the brain is suffering from cell death, receptor loss, receptor tolerance, less intrahemisphere communication between parts of the brain, impaired neuron metabolism.. You start to get into trouble. The reason Prozac sucks is not because it trys to fix serotonin, it is because it does it wrong. Serotonin function is probably the most complex aspect of medical science I have encountered. We do not even understand conciousness entirely.. At this point people are speculating serotonin neurocommunication is involved in getting quatumn information outside the brain... in other words telapathy and metaphysics. Just a taste of how little we know..

Your cognitive function is predicated on the ability of the brain to rapidly communicate between all of it cells... reverberations between every corner of the organ. A sleeping brain in anesthesia responds to stimuli, but without the intricate reverberating communication of the entire brain. Inference, interrelational thinking, are more of a principle for cognition and brain health than analytical repetitive processing. Yea you can whip the brain with adderall and make the frontal cortex do dive dos and back flips but what about the rest of the brain?

Frankly I suggest reverse engineering cannabis... lol. Nature is pretty clever.
Cytokines, inflammation, immunology, viruses, bacterial infections, the research behind CFS and Autism and MS, things like cysteine.. heavy metal toxicology,.. these areas definitely point to some drastic aspects of the human response that are intricately connected to brain function. So long as something in the body is causing a response in this nature, almost any attempt to band-aid it or prevent the pain will fail. The only way I believe to prevent the response is to get rid of the offending substance. I have tried to wrap my mind around what something like TH1 and TH2 immune responses, killer cells, thyroid hormones, endogenous endorphin levels, cellular oxidation, mitochondrial function, could even begin to be intterconnected. I know that during my severe inflammatory states, thereafter for days my mind is impaired. My mind does not regain sharpness until I begin to heal. So I know there is something to having severe inflammation in the body, in my case the GI tract, that influences the endorphins, monoamines, sympathetic/parasympathetic nervous system, the vagus nerve... in the body. I am further amazed at the affect that exercise has on healing the body. You could not imagine how ugly I was at 330 lbs. The idea that the body could change so phsyically down to the size of 175 lbs in of itself seems to defy phsyics. My skin, my everything is healthier. The foods I was eating were absolutely poisoning my mind and body. Once these toxins get in you, they stay for months, if not a lifetime...

I feel like one of the next big things to understanding cognitive disease is understanding metabolic syndrome. I have learned a great deal about how neuropeptides and endocrine hormones interact with their responsive receptors within the brain. People know stress kills, but stress also greatly alters brain function physically. I have read a good amount of studies showing that exercise reduces the amount oxidation occurence within neurons during high anxiety periods. It is my basic assumption that like SAMe or schizandra, exercise does a very simliar thing to the body, but does so hundreds of times more effectively and permenantly. The science behind diabetes and metabolic syndrome is often not extended to the actual glucose metabolism, mitochondrial function, and oxidation within the brain itself. Think about it- you have a case of someone undergoing amputation of limbs because of such severe circulatory failure and oxidation... what do you think is happening to the brain?

I only shudder to wonder further how something like a dysfunctional amygdala and hypothalamus with pituitary disease(which I am almost certain is involved in metabolic syndrome X) result in Cortisol Release Factor hypersecretion (CRF) along with concurrent receptor downregulation and tolerance to the cortisol (ACTH & CRH). In other words, you have a systemic state of chronic hyper-cortisolism with severe tolerance to it. You get a similar model with the adrenergic receptors within the brain and the peripherial organs. These symptoms are pretty spot on with typical issues of diabetes and metabolic syndrome...high blood pressure, poor circulation, fatigue.. Once again, what does such a chronic state do to brain cells? I know it stimulates adipose fat tissue to promote more fat gaining..leading to more insulin resistence, higher oxidative low density cholesterol, increased fibrosis, poorer blood sugar regulation.
Some of the below links discuss this concept in depth..

http://www.anti-agin...roendocrine.htm
http://www.vrp.com/i...mmune-homeostat
http://www.vrp.com/h...sitivity-part-i
http://www.vrp.com/h...itivity-part-ii
http://www.vrp.com/h...tivity-part-iii

Remember the Ominvore's Dilemma? The guys went out in the outback and ate kangaroos and roughed it for 6 weeks. They came back totally cured of their metabolic syndrome.

I cannot suggest purely supplements to deal with this problem. People are missing some serious phsyical labor. This whole 30 mins of exercise 3 times a week is bullshit. Try 3 hours of sweating phsyical labor a day in the hot sun. If you already have a degenerative disease, you owe your biology overtime. Consider it like student loans and the IRS.

You cannot cheat it, you have to pay it, it will find you, the only way out is death.

I am still absolutely struck by the pictures I read of how obese people in these brain scans had up to 80% less dopamine receptors than people who had healthy weight throughout life. I found myself asking, did they lose the cells or were they born this way? Then I read the back of the gravy packet and I am just wondering, is endocrine disruption the only thing going on here? What about reproductive failure? Just how badly am I being murdered by GMO Soy and Corn? Just how neurotoxic are these compounds Odds are, the glutamate toxicity and aterial plaque caused by gluten, MSG, and oxidized rancid fats have the same mechanisms. No surprise that eating highly oxidized dimethyl chlorine solvent and hexane processed rancid ultra heated GMO polyunsaturated anti-nutrient loaded seed oil oxidizes you.

Posted Imagehttp://www.bnl.gov/b.../obesity_sm.gif
The lower PET scan images, labeled FDG, show glucose metabolism in the brains of obese and control (comparison) subjects. There are no differences. The upper PET scans show where the radiotracer C-11 raclopride binds to dopamine receptors. These images show that obese subjects have fewer dopamine receptors than control subjects.

http://www.bnl.gov/b...bnlpr020101.htm Unfortunately, many of the drugs that have been shown to alter dopamine levels are highly addictive. But exercise, which has other obvious benefits in weight control, is another way obese subjects might be able to stimulate their dopamine pleasure and satisfaction circuits, the researchers suggest. "In animal studies conducted elsewhere, exercise has been found to increase dopamine release and to raise the number of dopamine receptors," Volkow says. This suggests that obese people might be able to boost their dopamine response through exercise instead of eating - just one more reason to exercise if you're trying to lose weight.

Schisandrin BPrevents Doxorubicin-Induced Cardiotoxicity via
Enhancing Glutathione Redox Cycling
Ling Li, Qiangrong Pan,Weidong Han, Zhen Liu, Ling Li, and Xun Hu

Abstract Purpose: The dose-cumulative cardiotoxicties and the emerging cancerous apoptotic/drug
resistance are twomajor obstacles limiting the efficacy of anthracycline antibiotics, notably doxorubicin.
We attempted to prove if schisandrin B (Sch B), a dual inhibitor of P-glycoprotein and
multidrug resistance ^ associated protein 1, could protect against doxorubicin-induced cardiotoxicity,
on the premise that Sch Bis an enhancer of glutathione redox cycling that may attenuate
doxorubicin-induced oxidative stress in the cardiomyocytes.
Experimental Design:Mice or rat were dosedwith a single injection of doxorubicin (25 mg/kg,
i.p.) with or without pretreatment of Sch B. The protective roles of Sch B against doxorubicininduced
cardiac damage were evaluated on the aspects of the release of cardiac enzymes into
serum, the formation ofmalondialdehyde, the activation ofmatrixmetalloproteinase, the structural
damage in the left ventricles, the mortality rates, and the cardiac functions.
Results: Pretreatment of Sch B significantly attenuated doxorubicin-induced cardiotoxicities on
all the aspects listed above. The underlying mechanism was associated with the effect of Sch B
on maintaining the cardiomyocytic glutathione and the activities of superoxide dismutase, and
the key enzymes (glutathione peroxidase, glutathione reductase, and glutathione transferase)
responsible for glutathione redox cycling,which neutralized doxorubicin-induced oxidative stress.

Conclusion:To the best of our knowledge, Sch Bis the onlymolecule ever proved to function as
a cardioprotective agent as well as a dual inhibitor of P-glycoprotein and multidrug resistance ^
associated protein 1, which is potentially applicable to treat cancers, especially the multidrugresistant
cancers involving doxorubicin or its kin.

Cancer multidrug resistance and apoptotic defect significantly
diminish the anticancer efficacy of anthracycline antibiotics.
Cancer multidrug resistance is characterized by the cellular
overexpression of drug transporters, such as P-glycoprotein and
multidrug resistance–associated protein 1 (MRP1), which
function as unilateral ‘‘drug pumps,’’ blocking the entrance of
anticancer drugs into cancer cells (5, 6). These drug transporters
have a broad substrate specificities, covering many structurally
and functionally unrelated anticancer drugs, including anthracyclines
(5, 6).
Apoptotic defect, which is very common in
cancers (7, 8), also contributes significantly to cancer drug
resistance. It should be noted that cancer drug resistance is
often multifactorial.
There are two pharmacologic approaches to mitigate the side
effect of doxorubicin while restoring its efficacy against drugresistant
cancers via either (a) using a combination of a cardiac
protective agent, a P-glycoprotein, and a MRP1 inhibitor, and
an apoptotic sensitizer; or (b) an agent with multiple functions.
Whereas the first choice has the advantages of the drug being
specific but disadvantages of the elevated chances of drug-drug
interaction and the risk of cumulative toxicities, the second
choice has the opposite advantages and disadvantages. To date,
there are many agents with a specific function, but few with
multiple functions.

We have previously reported that dibenzocyclooctadiene
lignans, isolated from the traditional Chinese medicinal herb
Schisandra chinensis (Turcz.) Baill, represent a novel class of
dual inhibitors of P-glycoprotein and MRP1 (13–16). Recently,
Fong et al. (17, 18) added the mechanism whereby the
compounds in this chemical class inhibited P-glycoprotein.
Schisandrin B (Sch B), the most abundant dibenzocyclooctadiene
lignan in S. chinensis (Turcz.) Baill, was also able to
enhance doxorubicin-induced apoptosis in HMMC7721, a
human hepatic cancer cell line, and MCF-7, a human breast
cancer cell line, through activation of mitochondrial apoptotic
pathway, without obvious enhanced toxicities toward normal
cells, such as primary rat cardiomyocytes and primary human
fibroblasts (19).

Here, we hypothesize that Sch B may protect against
doxorubicin-induced cardiotoxicity, on the basis that Sch B
is an enhancer of glutathione (GSH) redox cycling (20–22).

GSH is the major intracellular antioxidant and GSH redox
cycle is a major defense system against oxidative stress. In
cardiomyocytes, GSH redox cycle is particularly important
because the catalase level is low (23). Unfortunately, after
exposure to doxorubicin, glutathione peroxidase in cardiomyocytes,
the key enzyme in GSH redox cycling, are inactivated to
a significant extent (23, 24).
This is probably why cardiomyocytes
are more susceptible to doxorubicin than other types of
cells. Thus, we speculate that Sch B may, at least partially,
prevent doxorubicin-induced cardiac damage via enhancing
GSH redox cycling. Our results showed that Sch B could
significantly increase cardiac GSH redox cycling in mice and
rats, with concomitant protection against doxorubicin-induced
cardiotoxicities.

There are probably models in the litererature that illustrate how tissue inflammation in cases such as ulceritive colitus and cardiovascular disease result in equally impaired cellular integrity within the brain. CFS, Autism, and heavy metal sufferers know how integral cystein and methylation control along with glutathione are integral to managing and planning a treatment strategy. Essentially people take things like NAC and SAMe to compensate for dysfunctional systemic mitochondrial function. I do not see why if your mitochondria are compromised in the heart or the thyroid why they would not also be compromised in the brain. Obviously, all these people suffer from cognitive impairment. It is no secret that old people with heart disease suffer from dementia. They are probably caused by the same underlying systemic inflammatory responses and cellular oxidation.
Anything that behaves like that schizandra compound above is going to help counteract the damage being done by the toxins bombarding us. Veggie juice fasting basically cures you because of the science I highlighted in that above excerpt. You are aiming straight at the mitochondria, straight at your ability to generate ATP and aerobic respiration and free radical neutralization. Schizandra is one of the few herbs in existance proven to increase ATP directily in peer reviewed studies..

It cracks me up because I remember George Carlin talking about how he went home and ate him a big ass $@T@$ bowl of broccoli, cuz he was not going to get cancer. He goes on to say that broccoli kills the little cancer, the cancer slowly eating you up and killing your ass. Cauliflower kills the big cancer. Shame the man died of heart disease. Too much negativity and stress.

I still remember that the doctor told my grandfather after a quadruple bypass, that if he went home and sat in his chair, he was never gonna get out the damn thing, because the inactivity would kill him. To this day, my grandfather is constantly moving around doing things, if nothing else than giving people hell and aggravating them. Though he is sick, oxygen deprived, has dementia, cancer, and is rapidly losing weight. He was built like an ox in his 20s. I have pictures of him, and he looks like a body builder, literally. He hauled pulp wood. He did work that would kill a normal man. I attribute this lifestyle to being the reason he has been able to survive to 83 with the following list of injuries: Struck by lighting three times!, hit in the head with a gigantic chain on a shipping accident (he worked in the merchant marines), blown off a ship, two heart surgeries, asbestos in his lungs, prostate cancer, cancer again spread to his lymphs, Parkinson's disease, Alzheimers... numerous physical injuries and mamings.

My aunt says he is alive purely out of bitterness and evilness lol... He was incredibly violent and cruel when he was younger. Not a nice man. Does this pertain to disease etiolog?. Affirmative, absolutely.

Edited by sam7777, 25 November 2011 - 03:10 AM.

• like x 1

#52 sam7777

• 162 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 04:13 AM

[quote]
- Check for HHV-6A virus and Epstein-Barr Virus
- Check for Lyme and Babesia
- Check for all STD’s
- Check for thyroid and anemia
- Check for all hormones
- Get a Heavy Metal Hair Analysis (you can do it online also)
- Get an Allergy to Food Blood Test (you can do it online also)
- Get a MELISA test for metal allergy (done online)
[/quote]

These are musts if you can afford it. The OP did right to suggest their higher priority. With diagnosis you can read and direct treatment specifically to the disease.

[quote]
Regular or Infrared Sauna (should be as hot as you can withstand) at least 2 times a week
Detox Baths – Sea Salt, Ginger, and Epsom Salt baths at least 2 times a week
- Vegetable/Plant brushing before, during, and after saunas and baths[/quote]
Once again, tremendously helpful for the lymphatic system. Do not underestimate this.

Important:

[quote]
- Always keep your windows open at night
- Stop eating fast food and junk food immediately
- Stop eating out so much
- Eat organic and eat more vegetables
- Start walking or jogging in fresh air everyday
- Stop being on the computer and TV so much, limit computer and TV to weekends only
[/quote]
The American diet will kill you. You know donuts are bad. I stated the exercise argument. Reducing time on the computer before bed time is important because the artificial light screws with your circadium rhythm.

[quote]
- Get more exposure to the sun
- Start slowly at comftorable speeds reading books
- Stay away from negative people
- Stop smoking, caffeine, and alcohol immidiately
- Take out all Silver Dental Fillings (#1 cause of mercury poisioning)
- Stop using artificial sweeteners including splenda and drinking diet sodas
- Stop taking anti-depressants and stimulant drugs (of course lower the dose each week and come off slowly, but the faster the better!)
[/quote]
Most of the anti-depressants are horrific because of how they blunt your brains ability to function. They in a sense cut off part of your higher consciousness. You need a brain that is not being tampered with in such a perverse way. Blocking the amygdala completely? Over-stimulating the frontal cortex? The artificial sweeteners are among the biggest killers. I would avoid them at all costs. I eat just about anything before I eat those things. I mean I eat pure margarine or pie so long as it does not have that crap. I think I would rather eat dog shit. Caffeine from unhealthy rancid rank coffee and tea is toxic. You need bioflavanoids and phenols, the other compounds in the plants. That is why yerba mate is often better, however in some people caffeine is absolutely too harsh.

[quote]
PH balance
apple cider vinegar - 1tbsp in water every morning or night (also helpful in allergies and sinus infections)

Thyroid Gland
Iodine from kelp
Coconut oil - 1tbsp in the morning or just cook with coconut oil
[/quote]
Tropical virgin vegetable oils have phenomenal healing properties. The research is out there. Quite interesting.

[quote]
Adrenal Gland
Taurine - 2g 3 times daily
SAM-E
Licorice
Phosphadityl Serine - 500mg in the morning
DL-Phenylalanine - 2g 3 times daily
*Adrenal Cortex extract and DHEA for serious adrenal burnout only, should be taken for 1-3 months and stopped by lowering doses each week until it is safe to stop consumption (good for severe morning fatigue)
[/quote]
I would err on caution of consuming the huge amounts of synthetic supplements, especially taurine, which I suspect of some rather bad things but have yet to prove. Do not over do licorice or take it consistently longer than 3 or 4 weeks. Take 3 to 4 week breaks. Never take herbal adaptogens or immunomodulaters indefinitely. They are not harmless, they are powerful pharmalogical compounds. You know how I talk about schizandra? I am sick from schizandra. because I took too much for too long. These symptoms nearly always go away when you back off for a month or two.

[quote]
Brain
Omega 3’s - 1 tbsp Carlson's fish oil in the morning
Piracetam
Alpha GPC, Phosphatidylcholine, or Lecithin
Vinpocetine
Theanine
Siberian Ginseng, Gingko Biloba, Bacopa, or Rhodiola Rosea
[/quote]
Same as above. I say to hell with Vinpocetine. Periwinkle is very toxic. And the vinpocetine extract is an anti-dopaminergic. To hell with that. Racetams affect the endocrine system. I believe eventually racetams burn you out. They should be cycled if they are providing a drastic change in your abilities for sure. That change is a sign of some underlying health problem. More reason to start that 3 hours of sweating a day.

[quote]
Heavy Metal Chelation
Cilantro extract or Fresh Cilantro optionally juiced (do not take cilantro alone without the below and kidney, lymph, and liver support, it could cause redistribution of heavy metal into other organs and make you really sick) - taken morning and night
Chlorella or Modifilan - taken morning and night
Chlorella Growth Factor
NAC - taken morning and night
Selenium - taken once daily (available in mineral complex, which you should be taking anyway)
2-5 cloves Minced Garlic in water taken at night
Heavy Vitamin C doses (should be taking anyway)

*Opt. Additional Gluthionine Precursors
Methionine
Glycine
SAM-E

OR a more proven choice for chelating. Doctor's supervision is reccommended

DMSA: 1/8 to 1/2 mg of DMSA per pound of body weight, per dose taken every 3-4 hours including nighttime
R-ALA: 1/8 to 1/2 mg of ALA per pound of body weight, per dose taken every 3-4 hours including nighttime

OR

*IV-DMPS only under doctor’s supervision

OR

HMD - http://www.thebeewel.../... is HMD.pdf
Studies show that it cleanses your body of ALL heavy metals without side effects such as those with dmps and dmsa

Studies on HMD here - http://www.mercuryex...?article_id=648 (scroll down a little, it is the 6th study)

Note: Heavy metal chelating can take as long as 5 years depeding on how high your heavy metal levels are. Have your local naturopathic doctor test you for heavy metals through a hair analysis and a IV-DMPS shot for any post heavy metal passing through urination.

Do not take EDTA. It is known to cause mercury redistribution to the brain 100x.

***Most be supplementing with high doses of extra minerals during chelation especially calcium, magnesium, and zinc because when chelating not only toxic heavy metals are passed.
[/quote]

DO NOT TAKE EDTA EVER!!!! BTW THEY PUT THIS CRAP IN MAYONNAISE...

If you have severe cognitive problems or fatigue I must insist you get tested for heavy metals. And if you still really think you have metal toxicity, go ahead and do the routine he outlined above and see if you get better. I have heard many cases where people got better.

[quote]
Anti-Candida
Prebiotics
Probiotics
Oregano Oil, Peppermint Oil, Caprylic Acid, Garlic, or Pau D’ Arco
*5 day bottled or distilled water diet, only in extreme cases of Candida
[/quote]
There is some debate on the use of probiotics. I at least suggest natural sources such as homemade kefir, saurkraut, and the like
You should all take 1 to 3 drops of OOO a day for life... You all have some degree of blood parasites and microbial activity that is slowly weeded out by this stuff. Look at the sardinian diet. They consume fresh oregeno for life. They eat sheeps milk from sheep that graze on sheep sorrel. This is why they are all 100. That and they do not have the stressful lifestyle of Americans...

Digestive System Support
[quote]
Apple or Grapefruit Pectin
Ginger
*Betaine if stomach problems are present
[/quote]
I read that orange pectin is quite a potent way to treat ulceritive colitus and IBD.

[quote]
Liver, Kidneys, Bladder, and Lymph
Milk Thistle
Red Clover Blossoms
Dandelion Root
[/quote]

Some of the most powerful herbs in the human diet. Also recommend on a daily basis. Stop doubting 5000 years of humanity's history... Sorry that Hippocrates did not have EBSCO and Pubmed for internet arguments, yet he is still right as hell after all that time....

[quote]
Bones, Blood, Skin, Hair, Muscle, Immune System, Hormones, and Central Nervous System
Vitamin C Powder Calcium buffered for slower release - 3g x 3 times daily
Grape Seed Extract or Pycnogenol
B-Complex Coenzyme or Sublingual Liquid
Organic Trace Minerals
Mineral Complex Albion Chelated
Calcium Albion Chelated taken in the morning
Magnesium Albion Chelated taken at night (95% of ADHD people are deficient in magensium. Also, commonly in zinc and sometimes in iron.)
[/quote]
These you do not necessarily need if you have a healthy enough diet and enough exercise.

[quote]
Sleep Support this is like a natural unaddicting Benzo/GHB alternative so be careful
450mg Kava Lactones
50mg 5-HTP
3mg Sublingual Melatonin
[/quote]

For life? I do not know. Temporarily perhaps. Kava pills are not the same thing as living on the island and eating it fresh your whole life...

[quote]
Powerful Stimulants after Fatigue Is Cured
NADH
Acetyl-L-Carnitine
Green Tea alternated every other day with Chocamine or Erythritol Dark Chocolate
Ibedenone

Powerful Nootropics after Fatigue Is Cured
Deprenyl
Tianeptine
Pramiracetam
[/quote]
HUGE EMPHASIZE ON AFTER YOU DO NOT HAVE DEGENERATIVE PROBLEMS

Diet

Important: Gluten and Casein free
- You will experience addiction withdrawal symptoms such as depression, more fatigue, headaches, and ext. for the first 30 days. But after you will feel 10 times better.

GET OFF THE GRAINS. They are hybridized and genetically modified. Your body is not prepared to deal with this crap.

No oats, spelt, barley, or wheat I agree
No breads, mushrooms, or yeast You could try for a period.
No dairy, milk, cheese, or yogurts Raw, grass fed, in some individuals can work, some are genetically not meant to ingest
No sugar, honey, agave syrup, maple syrup, fructose, or other source of sugar Only temporarily
No carrots or corn Don't hate on carrots. American Corn is the most evil plant on the planet.
No rice puffs, dried fruit, corn flakes, or other simple carbs Definitely
No canned tuna or salmon (high mercury content) Canned anything is toxic
No tap water, only bottled spring water VERY ARGUABLE, after all I am a waste water and water treatment engineer researcher....Blame it on your pipes or fluoride, otherwise my argument is that if you do not trust the municipality, realize the water in the tap is the same as in the bottle on the shelf (identical source, ask your local waste water operator, they are required by law to tell you many things) with the exception it has not been soaking up plastic petrochemicals for several months/years.
No cheat meals Definitely, to hell with your weakness of will power, ingesting poison is not ok!
No fresh or packaged fruit juices NO FRESH FRUIT WTF????
Fruit once a week – apples, papayas, pineapple, and mangos preferred NO

-Cooking in organic butter or refrigerated extra virgin olive oil is ok but coconut oil is preferred for thyroid and as a potent anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal You bet your ass!

-Sea salt should be used instead of regular salt Refined salt poses a good amount of health problems.

-Carbs should be avoided for breakfast and lunch because they make you sleepy. Brain needs amino acids for function. This is ok to try for some. Healthy individuals eat 60% of calories before noon, so it is assumed that you will eat some carbs. Sardinians eat carb for breafkast, and vegetable soup for dinner.

[quote]
Breakfast:
Wild Caught Fresh, Smoked or Salted Salmon or boiled eggs with vegetables

Salmon is considered to have a safe mercury level

Lunch:
Organic Chicken or Turkey with vegetables

Dinner:
Organic Beef, Buffalo, or Lamb with buckwheat, brown rice, pumpkin, squash, potato, or yams with vegetables

Snacks
Almonds, Sunflower Seeds, Home made Dehydrated Vegetables in Sea Salt (no oils), or Bissinger's Sugar-free Erythritol Sweetened Dark Chocolate
[/quote]
Excellent ideas, but not the only ideas.

*Important for Adrenal and Central Nervous System function
Bedtime: 8pm-10pm
Wake-up Time: 4am-6am – this is the most stimulating time to wake up for the body when the earth sends waves throughout your body
Can he prove it? No? Is he right? Probably. My body and my senses feel dramatically heightened at dawn and dusk. That is not a coincidence. It is in the Animalia genetic code.

Recommended
- Ionic air filter in each room or at least in bedroom
- Vegetable dehydrator for healthful snacks
- Stop taking vaccines (they don't work and they are loaded with mercury, microbes, and preservatives)
- Stop using sun block – know to cause skin cancer
- Use only organic shampoos, body washes, deodorant, and soaps – chemicals used in those products are known to penetrate the skin and into the blood causing cancer
- Steamer - for a chopped broccoli, cauliflower, and asparagus mix
- 100% brazilian spring water - http://www.brazilian...om/products.php (poland spring is just filtered water)
- Stop using microwaves - changes molecular structure of food and destroys all vitamins and minerals

Decent ideas, not absolutes. But yea, I insist microwaves are evil lol. If it is not safe for ingestion I would not put it on your skin...

Vaccine argument not appropriate because it would require another topic 45 pages long, and I am sure one of just such a thing exists on the internet somewhere. Argue with your senator and the CDC on that one.

I do not condone crank science and quackery, I just put out there ideas that are not confirmed and should be researched more. It is a fact that corporate entitlement in this country along with its unrestrained financial devilry have led to total industry capture and negligence of much needed research. These guys own the pharmaceutical companies and tell the senators, doctors, AMA, and the medical schools when they can take a shit and what they can eat for breakfast LITERALLY and Metaphorically. The guys who operate financial institutions like Deustche Banke and the guys who run the corporate medical complex are more motivated by mass profiteering and stock revenue for boner medication than actual novel scientific research and solutions.

Some old perverted bastards raging boner is more important than a dieing 12 year old's MS....We live in a fucked up world.
  • like x 1

#53 bacopa

• Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:41 PM

I couldn't agree more with these posts, the world is so scary now, it destroyed me, see my other posts all the quack and brain damagind psyche drugs, I even did ECT out of desperation and not thinking straight, my stupid f'ing dad who is an electrical engineer, and stupid as fuck could not realize intuitively what shock does to destroy a brain...the older generations, are health retarded, the man has mercury fillings up the ying yang, drinks cherry brandy, eats splenda, and wonders why he's cogntiively slower.

People like me who wanted to have a shot at life, get intense anger, (bordering on violence,) knowing how I could have avoided so much, including my stupid f'ing dentist painting my mollars with mercury because I grind my teeth. To say I feel helpless, with serious brain damage, acute mercury and other toxic poisonings, ECT and psyche brain damage, despite trying so hard to exercise and just SLEEP, now that my brain is disolving into putty, I really at this point, no offense to those who like our planet, would like to see a meteor wipe out at least the industrialized cities....

Sorry, I'm not angry...ok maybe a bit....finally I agree and have seen thise recommendations posted elsewhere...at my stage, I agree with Chrono, our doctors are our enemies, they don't give a fuck about our health only money, you can't even get thme to begin to understand the complexities we are dealing with.

For me, I am so sleep deprived that I take adrenal boosters, exercise when I can, but I literally maybe so brain damaged that I smoke cigarettes, as the only high that relaxes me, I am trying to switch to e cigarettes but do not enjoy them, all my neurotransmitters are mush, depleted, destroyed, how to repaiar a destroyed brain would be my next question, and after all the talks on noots doing not much for people in my condition, I wonder what options I have left?

I can't even sleep...everytime I buy a supplement I relaize it's probably doing more harm than good....Vinpocetine? I've heard all kinds of bad things...asshole world we end up spending ridiculous amounts of money because our doctors screwed us, in my case from birth, as I was left alone when my lungs colllapsed, which led to mental instability, which led to all the insults, addcitions to smoking, etc. that I really wanted to avoid.

I happen to really agree, we are all toxic loaded people. IT's amazing smokers some life long live even past 50, as we know smokers probably have the most toxic diets, and don't give a f about their health, how many smokers work out?

#54 rbgilbert06

• 17 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:38 PM

^ your first problem is thinking that you've reached a point of no return. you obviously have the capability to form more coherent sentences than some of the posters and colleagues of mine. You're not brain-dead.

I wholeheartedly agree with a lot of the points in the original post, but I also believe one must have strong willpower and the mental fortitude to "man-up" and start living. Implement some of these things, and quit making excuses.

"You're already in pain, why not keep going and get a reward out of it?"

- Quote that changed my life

#55 Atropy

• 160 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:56 AM

nootropicpete1,What dosage of supplemental Kelp Iodine would you suggest for optimal thyroid function?

#56 vtrader

• 235 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:24 PM

I wish there was a one stop supermarket or store that would deal to this kind of regiem.

#57 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:22 PM

There is. Its called Whole Foods or whatever organic supermarket you have. You don't need to take any of the supplements. Just eat clean organic whole foods and take in no chemicals and within time you'll be feeling great. Its that simple. But yet so hard to do for various reasons that have been stated in this Post. Thanks for bumping this by the way this is the first I've seen of it.

#58 Atropy

• 160 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:22 AM

Another question nootropicpete1,you do realise that Taurine is considered a Gabba antagonist?Apparently this is not something to take long-term.Check out Scienceguy's comments on it http://www.longecity...ly-effectively/.

I was interested in trying it out but I am abit reluctant to do so after reading the study.

Edited by Atropy, 06 August 2013 - 07:22 AM.

#59 Andrey_81

• 249 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:44 PM

Rhodiola and ashwagandha! :wub:
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#60 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:02 PM

I wouldn't worry about using things like Ashwagandha and Taurine. Just don't stay on them for too long. Some are more sensitive than others. I've stayed on various gaba agonist herbs for long periods without withdrawals while others had some minor withdrawals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users