* * * * * 1 votes

F@H Prize Competition & Progress

• Please log in to reply
610 replies to this topic

#601 chungenhung

• Guest, F@H
  • 114 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 09:15 PM

i believe the person didn't have access to internet to update it.
i am not sure if we are still having the competition for Jan to March, as I haven't even heard word from the last competition that ended Dec 2009.

#602 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 01:30 AM

Vgamer1 was supposed to certify the list of winners for October-December, but has been gone for some time now. We will figure out the winners soon. Sorry for the silence.

#603 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 01:22 AM

Orion, would you happen to be interested in updating this? We can try to get you the codes to do it. Im not sure what they are, but Mind might. Not sure if we could get a hold of either DnaMechanic or Vgamer to get them right now.

If people are motivated to then updating this every day or every other day as it has been is alright of course, helps the team, but I would think it would do well with just a weekly update as well.

To whoever may consider doing these updates, besides helping the team and inspiring more people to join this, and volunteer in general across the board, you would also be entered in our monthly volunteer prize drawing.

#604 orion602

• 83 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 06:29 AM

Orion, would you happen to be interested in updating this? We can try to get you the codes to do it. Im not sure what they are, but Mind might. Not sure if we could get a hold of either DnaMechanic or Vgamer to get them right now.

If people are motivated to then updating this every day or every other day as it has been is alright of course, helps the team, but I would think it would do well with just a weekly update as well.

To whoever may consider doing these updates, besides helping the team and inspiring more people to join this, and volunteer in general across the board, you would also be entered in our monthly volunteer prize drawing.

ok i can give it a try. i was already looking at various f@h stats websites but didn't find out how to make this kind of statistics. Vgamer was last online 2 weeks ago. if anyone else knows how to do it pls send me pm

#605 dnamechanic

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 08:15 PM

Here's a thank-you to all the dedicated team contributors.

If someone saved a Stanford stats page from midnight December 31, 2009, then I probably could use it to determine final scores for the F@H Prize folders.

I may have Internet access in the near term, but my schedule and my web access in the foreseeable future probably will not be regular enough to try to continue posting stats here for the team

Orion602, the stats previously posted in this thread involved some semi-manual processing of the data with assistance from a couple of Excel macros.

I could send you the macros and a bit of written instructions.

#606 orion602

• 83 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 10:24 PM

Here's a thank-you to all the dedicated team contributors.

If someone saved a Stanford stats page from midnight December 31, 2009, then I probably could use it to determine final scores for the F@H Prize folders.

sorry i haven't saved that. but i have extracted data for 31/12/2009 from extreme folding database: If I didn't make any mistake should be like this for first 11 folders from the last update here (post# 599):

fah31122009.jpg
note:the rank is for total points since beginning not Q4/2009. and there may be some other people who got into top 10 during december

for whole team:

date-WUs-point-team rank-active users-total users
12/31/09 - 320872 - 124509498 -71 - 64 - 483
01/01/10 - 321186 - 124689585 -71 - 65 - 483

I have to go to bed now and i'll be at work tomorrow so i don't have a time to make subtractions to get last quarter of 2009 points gain..
and i am not permitted to upload my file with data from openoffice calc here .

you can get it as raw data on extremeoverclocking folding stats here
does it help a bit?

I may have Internet access in the near term, but my schedule and my web access in the foreseeable future probably will not be regular enough to try to continue posting stats here for the team

Orion602, the stats previously posted in this thread involved some semi-manual processing of the data with assistance from a couple of Excel macros.

I could send you the macros and a bit of written instructions.

I see. so i would have to get excel. I doubt it would work in openoffice without making any changes (?)

#607 Mind

• 18,997 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 12:09 AM

Thanks Orion602! If we could get the top 12, then everything would be peachy. We give prizes to the top 12.

I thought openoffice was supposed to be compatible with MS Office products?

#608 chungenhung

• Guest, F@H
  • 114 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 01:55 AM

OpenOffice should be compatible with Microsoft Excel files. But the macros might not work.

#609 orion602

• 83 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 08:40 PM

Thanks Orion602! If we could get the top 12, then everything would be peachy. We give prizes to the top 12.

I thought openoffice was supposed to be compatible with MS Office products?

I am not sure. I never tried to open excel file with macros in openoffice yet.

here are some unofficial results but someone should verify it. only first 25 from post #599 were taken into account in following stats. [there is small chance that someone with strong points gains from below these 25 got higher during december and replaced someone from the bottom of this table]
i used data from sep30/09 and dec31/09. where there were no data for these days i took first/last relevant day with data(only couple of folders)

Q4.jpg
i would like to make stats for everyone but it was too time consuming [i was just bored at work today :)]

here are total points at the end of Sep/09 compared to end of Dec/09 + members' team rank change Q3 on Q4
Q4_Q3.jpg

here is my OO calc file:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DZDXVNQ1
someone should check if i did the math correctly and also verify that data from database match with particular folders.. or make his/her own stats and compare

#610 dragon-fly

• Guest, F@H
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 06:43 AM

any progress in figuring out the official winners?

#611 Mind

• 18,997 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 12:38 AM

I accept DNAmechanic's and Orion602's stats for the top twelve during the past quarter and will make prize payments as such. Any disputes are to be arbitrated by the Board of Directors.

The winners are:

1. Chungenhung
2. JustEnough
3. SETI146
4. rdyck
5. dragon-fly
6. dexml
7. VADave
8. Goryachev
9. amhamler
10. Kenshiro70
11. dustinw
12. johnblaze

Great job by the top 12, and many thanks to all the folders. We have a fairly large team now and we hope to find a method to spur further growth and another surge up the rankings. If anyone has any suggestions please submit them here or here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users