- - - - -

Does Resveratrol Fight Cancer?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#31 Zoolane

• 4 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 10:39 PM

see post below

Edited by Zoolane, 02 May 2008 - 10:48 PM.

#32 Zoolane

• 4 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 10:43 PM

Hi,
Was just wondering if theres any evidence to suggest resveratrol fights cancer?

Have there been any studies or is there any evidence to show that it helps combat cancer?<br /><br />If anyone can post any info AT ALL on how resveratrol can help fight cancer (specifically liver cancer) i would be EXTREMELY grateful.

Just want to get as much information as possible, as time is running out...

many thanks.

Disclaimer: None of the following should be construed as medical advice.

Resveratrol's power to "kill cancer" is well documented on the U.S. government's National Institute of Health (NIH) website. Resveratrol is a key component in apoptosis (cell death) and in interfering with the growth of fast-growing cells. Resveratrol is positive against chemo-resistant cancer cells.

Resveratrol alone, should never be considered a "cure." It is PART of a homeopathic regimen that includes mainstream medicine. I say this because no effective dosage levels and methods of delivery have been established for a standardized therapy. Although resveratrol has been proven beneficial in halting/decreasing/interfering with virtually all types of cancer, the cancer in those bodies is there because that body's immune system was unable to fight off that particular cancer (and many are now coming to believe ALL cancers in pre-seniors are micotoxin related). By the time a person is 80 years old, they have successfully fought off cancer 6 times!

For authoritative information from the NIH website, click this link: http://www.google.co...i...nih&spell=1

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 10:49 PM

I think it is very effective with breast cancer.
Maybe because of it's interaction with estrogen.
That's what Minni was diagnosed with on Jan. 8th.

Biopsy: Microscopic Description: Sections of the 4th and 5th mammary gland

are examined on 3 slides. There is a discrete, partially

encapsulated neoplasm composed of epithelial cells that form

papillary fronds within dilated ducts. The cells have abundant

eosinophilic polyhedral cytoplasm with distinct cell margins. The

nuclei are hyperchromatic with marginated, coarsely clumped

chromatin. Most cells have prominent nucleoli. There is a moderate

mitotic index. The neoplasm is infiltrating the surrounding

connective tissue. Tumor emboli can be seen within lymphatic

vessels. The samples include lymph node. There are nests of

neoplastic cells within the subcapsular sinusoids.

Microscopic Findings: Mammary adenocarcinoma, high grade.

Comment: Survival time and disease free interval of patients with

mammary adenocarcinoma is best correlated with tumor size, degree of

local invasion, nodal or distant metastasis at the time of diagnosis

[1,2]. While this neoplasm is discrete, there is local tissue and

lymphatic vascular invasion. The lymphatic vascular invasion is a

portent of metastatic disease. The prognosis is poor.

[1] Misdorp, W, et al. Prognostic factors in canine mammary cancer.

J Natl Cancer Inst. 56:779-86, 1976.

[2] Yamagami, T, et al. Prognosis for canine malignant mammary

tumors based on TNM and histologic classification. J Vet Med Sci.

58:1079-83, 1996.

David A. Gamble, DVM, PhD, DACVP

#34 sUper GeNius

• 1,501 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 02:44 AM

Hi,

Have there been any studies or is there any evidence to show that it helps combat cancer?<br /><br />If anyone can post any info AT ALL on how resveratrol can help fight cancer (specifically liver cancer) i would be EXTREMELY grateful.

many thanks.

Disclaimer: None of the following should be construed as medical advice.

Resveratrol's power to "kill cancer" is well documented on the U.S. government's National Institute of Health (NIH) website. Resveratrol is a key component in apoptosis (cell death) and in interfering with the growth of fast-growing cells. Resveratrol is positive against chemo-resistant cancer cells.

Resveratrol alone, should never be considered a "cure." It is PART of a homeopathic regimen that includes mainstream medicine. I say this because no effective dosage levels and methods of delivery have been established for a standardized therapy. Although resveratrol has been proven beneficial in halting/decreasing/interfering with virtually all types of cancer, the cancer in those bodies is there because that body's immune system was unable to fight off that particular cancer (and many are now coming to believe ALL cancers in pre-seniors are micotoxin related). By the time a person is 80 years old, they have successfully fought off cancer 6 times!

For authoritative information from the NIH website, click this link: http://www.google.co...i...nih&spell=1

Nothing homeopathic about taking gram quantities of resveratrol IMO.

#35 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 12:03 AM

Regarding my friends dog that I mentioned a few post earlier:
she is actually 11 years old, not nine.
And the vet actually told her the tumor shrank in size.

#36 Hedgehog

• 462 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 10:39 PM

Hi,

Have there been any studies or is there any evidence to show that it helps combat cancer?

If anyone can post any info AT ALL on how resveratrol can help fight cancer (specifically liver cancer) i would be EXTREMELY grateful.

many thanks.

WOW look at this paper. I have done a lot of research on the Hedgehog pathway and also the Wnt pathway. The pathways are considered "sisters." In any event. There are already three phase II hedgehog inhibitor FDA.gov trials. Genentech also plans to start a Wnt Inhibitor clinical trial. The Wnt pathway is actually a master regulator for cell division. And if you knock out this pathway in fruit flys you get a "Wingless" fly.

Low concentrations of resveratrol inhibit Wnt signal throughput in colon-derived cells: Implications for colon cancer prevention.
Hope C, Planutis K, Planutiene M, Moyer MP, Johal KS, Woo J, Santoso C, Hanson JA, Holcombe RF. Division of Hematology/Oncology and Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, Irvine, CA, USA. Fax: 714-456-2242.

Resveratrol is a bioflavonoid which is known to inhibit cell proliferation and induce apoptosis in cancer cell lines at concentrations above 50 muM. It also has colon cancer prevention activity in mouse models and possibly in humans. We have examined the effects of low concentrations of resveratrol on a specific signaling pathway, the Wnt pathway, which is activated in over 85% of sporadic colon cancers. Two colon cancer (HT29 and RKO) and one normal mucosa-derived (NCM460) cell lines were utilized. Cell proliferation was not affected by resveratrol at less, not double equals40 muM for HT29 and NCM460 and <20 muM for RKO though Wnt signal throughput, as measured by a reporter construct, was reduced in RKO and NCM460 at concentrations as low as 10 muM (p < 0.001). This effect was most easily appreciated following Wnt pathway stimulation with Wnt3a conditioned medium and LEF1 or LEF1/beta-catenin transfection. Resveratrol did not inhibit Wnt throughput in mutationally activated HT29. Low concentrations of resveratrol significantly decreased the amount and proportion of beta-catenin in the nucleus in RKO (p = 0.002) and reduced the expression of lgs and pygoI, regulators of beta-catenin localization, in all cells lines. Thus, at low concentrations, in the absence of effects on cell proliferation, resveratrol significantly inhibits Wnt signaling in colon-derived cells which do not have a basally activated Wnt pathway. This inhibitory effect may be due in part to regulation of intracellular beta-catenin localization.

#37 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 05:14 PM

An acquaintance referred a friend to me for advice three weeks ago. He told me he had brain cancer and wanted to try resveratrol. Questioning revealed it was a liver tumor that had metastasized to the lymph and brain. He began taking 98% resveratrol powder, increasing the dose to an estimated 1.5 gram twice a day, morning and afternoon. (He has no scale.)

He called me Friday, after using resveratrol for a little over two weeks. "The cancer's gone!" He'd had a full body scan at the hospital where he's being treated. He said the doctors couldn't believe it: the cancer is no longer present in his brain and lymph nodes, and the original liver is about half as big as it was a month ago when they first scanned it. I am going to be following his progress. I hope this is a cure, and that the tumor continues to shrink. So far it looks good.

#38 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 06:50 PM

An acquaintance referred a friend to me for advice three weeks ago. He told me he had brain cancer and wanted to try resveratrol. Questioning revealed it was a liver tumor that had metastasized to the lymph and brain. He began taking 98% resveratrol powder, increasing the dose to an estimated 1.5 gram twice a day, morning and afternoon. (He has no scale.)

He called me Friday, after using resveratrol for a little over two weeks. "The cancer's gone!" He'd had a full body scan at the hospital where he's being treated. He said the doctors couldn't believe it: the cancer is no longer present in his brain and lymph nodes, and the original liver is about half as big as it was a month ago when they first scanned it. I am going to be following his progress. I hope this is a cure, and that the tumor continues to shrink. So far it looks good.

WOW!!! Unbeleivably fantastic!!! Really really great news.

#39 2tender

• 673 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 10:39 PM

Miracles do happen! Perhaps Resveratrol will turn out to be a miraculous molecule in terms of health.

#40 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 10:49 PM

I have further information from the cancer patient's friends: he did have chemotherapy before he started taking resveratrol, and he will have another course of chemo. This is a good beginning, and I will follow his progress and report.

#41 geo12the

• 762 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 05:56 PM

I have further information from the cancer patient's friends: he did have chemotherapy before he started taking resveratrol, and he will have another course of chemo. This is a good beginning, and I will follow his progress and report.

I have a friend undergoing chemo now for stage 2 breast cancer. Her tumer is negative for estrogen and other receptors. Her doctors did not want her to take resveratrol while undergoing chemo for fear it would interfere with the chemo. But I wonder if it would be a good idea for her to start resveratrol after her chemo is over?

#42 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 06:17 PM

I have a friend undergoing chemo now for stage 2 breast cancer. Her tumer is negative for estrogen and other receptors. Her doctors did not want her to take resveratrol while undergoing chemo for fear it would interfere with the chemo. But I wonder if it would be a good idea for her to start resveratrol after her chemo is over?

Her doctors are ignorant. There are studies at NIH that show Resveratrol enhances Chemo.
It does not interfere with it. She should be taking it immediately....like yesterday. Read this study from 2003...don't doctors read??

Curr Med Chem Anticancer Agents. 2003 Mar;3(2):77-93.Resveratrol and cancer: chemoprevention, apoptosis, and chemo-immunosensitizing activities.

Cal C, Garban H, Jazirehi A, Yeh C, Mizutani Y, Bonavida B.

Department of Microbiology, UCLA School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles 90095, USA.
Resveratrol has been shown to exert sensitization effects on cancer cells that will result in a synergistic cytotoxic activity when Resveratrol is used in combination with cytotoxic drugs in drug-resistant tumor cells. Clearly, the studies with Resveratrol provide support for the use of Resveratrol in human cancer chemoprevention and combination with chemotherapeutic drugs or cytotoxic factors in the treatment of drug refractory tumor cells.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....p;ordinalpos=12

#43 Blue

• 1,104 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 07:53 PM

Her doctors are ignorant. There are studies at NIH that show Resveratrol enhances Chemo.
It does not interfere with it. She should be taking it immediately....like yesterday. Read this study from 2003...don't doctors read??

Curr Med Chem Anticancer Agents. 2003 Mar;3(2):77-93.Resveratrol and cancer: chemoprevention, apoptosis, and chemo-immunosensitizing activities.

Cal C, Garban H, Jazirehi A, Yeh C, Mizutani Y, Bonavida B.

Department of Microbiology, UCLA School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles 90095, USA.
Resveratrol has been shown to exert sensitization effects on cancer cells that will result in a synergistic cytotoxic activity when Resveratrol is used in combination with cytotoxic drugs in drug-resistant tumor cells. Clearly, the studies with Resveratrol provide support for the use of Resveratrol in human cancer chemoprevention and combination with chemotherapeutic drugs or cytotoxic factors in the treatment of drug refractory tumor cells.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....p;ordinalpos=12

These are cell or at best animal studies. No human studies. Even if resveratrol enhances certain ordinary cytostatika one would then also have to worry that it will increase the adverse effects on ordinary cells. Also, from a doctor's perspective, he will not lose a lawsuit for not using a substance with no human evidence, but he certainly might from using such a substance.

#44 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 04:36 AM

Also, from a doctor's perspective, he will not lose a lawsuit for not using a substance with no human evidence, but he certainly might from using such a substance.

I completely agree with that statement.

I only know of one very knowledgeable doc regarding prostate issues who also has a thorough knowledge of curcumin, resveratrol, quercetin, and other things. However, I am still looking for someone who is an expert at lung issues with the similar knowledge, and maybe breast issues...

Being able to point folks to professionals or experts in these fields when they have questions I can't personally answer legally, is something maybe we should start developing on this board. PM me if you know of other docs, maybe we can ask them for their permission regarding this. I believe when a person is fighting for their life, it's simply not enough to say "Try this..."

For folks that remember TheFirstImmortals fight against lung cancer (regardless of what happened in the end) well... we all do remember that part of the issue was his doctor, was it not? Getting stuck with a doctor with blinders on really didn't help the situation, specially when he turned out and scared away one or two other doctors that wanted to consider alternatives.

If you have a good doctor from the start that has no blinders toward new considerations or the results of newer studies, you will likely receive the best care regardless of their costs or the final results of their efforts.

Just a thought.
A

Edited by Anthony_Loera, 24 November 2009 - 04:46 AM.

#45 Skaven252

• 4 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 02:22 PM

I dissolve it in some milk

I think it might be a bad idea. Correct me if I'm wrong, but resveratrol is a polyphenol, right? There was a study where it was found that the casein protein in milk binds with beneficial polyphenols in green tea and blueberries, rendering them useless. This could also happen with resveratrol. Has anyone looked into this?

Three such studies are listed in this Wikipedia article on casein:
http://en.wikipedia...._of_Polyphenols

#46 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 02:36 PM

I dissolve it in some milk

I think it might be a bad idea. Correct me if I'm wrong, but resveratrol is a polyphenol, right? There was a study where it was found that the casein protein in milk binds with beneficial polyphenols in green tea and blueberries, rendering them useless. This could also happen with resveratrol. Has anyone looked into this?

Three such studies are listed in this Wikipedia article on casein:
http://en.wikipedia...._of_Polyphenols

this was discussed a while back here
http://www.imminst.o...&...st&p=261595

#47 Skaven252

• 4 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 02:42 PM

Ah, I see. Thanks, good to know. I thought about it last night when I had some cheese and started worrying it might deactivate the resveratrol I had taken.

#48 cider

• 32 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 07:53 AM

It has been three months. How is this person doing? Is he still taking resv?

#49 cider

• 32 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 12:54 PM

It has been three months. How is this person doing? Is he still taking resv?

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#50 pleiotropic

• 74 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 September 2015 - 08:26 AM

any updates to these success stories?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users