- - - - -

Phenylpiracetam

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 Ghostrider

• Topic Starter
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 02:05 AM

It's possible that the tolerance people have from this is a cross-tolerance from a related stimulant? This is just speculation.

It maybe placebo or other factors, but this substance seems to have helped with my weight lifting regimine, anybody else share similar experience?

I might have had some caffinated beverage on the previous day which could have interferred with the phenylpiracatam. I doubt it, but it is possible. So far, phenylpiracetam is my favorite nootropic, nothing else comes close...however, this is my experience, don't expect it to work for everyone.

#32 pocketsdeep

• 14 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 07:57 AM

To add to my previous posts:

I decided to try a higher dose of sulbutiamine since my last time. Last time I tried 400mg with a meal and felt nothing. Today I tried 600mg with a light meal and felt pretty much nothing different.

In summmary,

I've gotten no *noticeable* results from piracetam, oxiracetam, phenylpiracetam, Alpha-GPC and Ortho-Mind.

My current stack is:

Ortho-Core
Ortho-Mind
Omega-3 <---- started today
Mito-Gold R-Lipoic acid

Since I do have ADD, my goal is to get better focus/concentration for long periods of time to complete projects and tasks.

Any advice?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Ghostrider

• Topic Starter
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 09:03 AM

I decided to try a higher dose of sulbutiamine since my last time. Last time I tried 400mg with a meal and felt nothing. Today I tried 600mg with a light meal and felt pretty much nothing different.

In summmary,

I've gotten no *noticeable* results from piracetam, oxiracetam, phenylpiracetam, Alpha-GPC and Ortho-Mind.

My current stack is:

Ortho-Core
Ortho-Mind
Mito-Gold R-Lipoic acid

Since I do have ADD, my goal is to get better focus/concentration for long periods of time to complete projects and tasks.

Any advice?

Some people around here are happy with modafinil. Your current stack looks good. R-Lipoic is not really going to do anything for you mentally, but it's good to take as an antioxidant. I doubt you will find what you are looking for given the nootropics currently on the market. Maybe in a few years or decade though...

#34 Lurker

• 87 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 06:18 PM

In summmary,

My current stack is:

Ortho-Core
Ortho-Mind
Mito-Gold R-Lipoic acid

Any advice?

Phenylpiracetam is the only well known racitam derivative that has been reported to have stimulating effects, so it is likely the only one of that family that you will be able to notice the effects of easily. Of everything you've listed, effects are going to be hard to notice, especially since studies have only shown improvements overtime, and with much variation.

You should look into on/off label anti-depressents if you are looking for a serious nootropic remedy for ADD. (buproprion, etc)

#35 Ghostrider

• Topic Starter
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 07:34 AM

I should note that if I take 100 mg on Saturday, 100 mg on Sunday (both taken in the morning on an empty stomach), I feel fine all day, but the following Monday afternoon, evening, I get a mild headache. I never get headaches. The effects felt this past weekend were still present, stronger on Sunday than on Saturday. Saturday I did not really feel much, same as the previous weekend.

When this supply runs out, I plan on dropping phenylpiracetam. It still is the most effective nootropic I have found, but since Relentless will no longer be selling it, I have no reliable supplier. A nootropic, no matter how effective, that cannot be safely obtained is worthless to me.

Edited by Ghostrider, 29 April 2008 - 07:36 AM.

#36 graatch

• 390 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 09:33 AM

I suspect a primarily glutamatergic mechanism as with (in some opinions) modafinil.

Edited by graatch, 02 May 2008 - 09:34 AM.

#37 Ghostrider

• Topic Starter
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 02:45 AM

I suspect a primarily glutamatergic mechanism as with (in some opinions) modafinil.

So you think modafinil would have a similar effect?

#38 Kyrill

• 3 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:44 PM

Hi, thought I'd mention my experience. Having used modafinil many times a week for now over a year, I decided to add phenylpiracetam into the mix. Phenylpiracetam had a noticeable effect on me the first few times I took it but then quickly tapered off. I assumed it would no longer affect me.

Two days ago I took 150mg of phenylpiracetam and 150mg of modafinil. I spent the night in a resus ward at the hospital with severe AF and a resting pulse of 150 to 180. I was lucky to escape largely unharmed but I will be throwing away the aforementioned stimulants.

#39 insearchfor

• 28 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 11:26 AM

So I received Phenylpiracetam yesterday and I've taken it two hours ago.

In the morning I had a cup of coffee after light breakfast and some l-theanine.

I worked a bit and became hungry again so I made myself brunch and after that I consumed around 100mg of Phenylpiracetam.

My friend arrived so I had another coffee.

Coffee kicked in, but I started to notice something else.

Very clean, subtle simulation and clear head space.

One and half hour later I started to notice really clean stimulation.

Not in a physical sense, but mental.

I can definately feel Phenylpiracetam in the background.

It stays somewhere "there" and enables me to do what is needed.

Great focus enhancer and subtle, very clean mental and a bit physical stimulation.

I notice also less pain sensitivity.

I will use it once a week when I need to be extremely productive.

This is very strong substance.

#40 insearchfor

• 28 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 08:01 PM

I would like to make a little update on this molecule after my first experience.

This stuff is how can I say.... Very strong mental stimulant.

I realized that while on it it is so easy to focus on anything you're doing.

It blunts the chatter in the mind and it works as a great focus enhancer, great mental, and to some degree physical stimulant.

Main effect was lasting for maybe 3 hours but there are some after effects still lingering 10 hours later.

I think that approx. 100mg dosage was maybe a bit too high for me as I was a bit overstimulated by it and by caffeine.

The best way to use the most of it is that you're constantly busy and all tasks will seem so easy to do.

There is one downside.

When the effect was fading I felt very very irritated and angry for some reason, not sure why.

I was really and truly pissed off.

Went for a 5 km run and now I'm okay, but the irritated state of mind was strong and unexpected.

Hope this does not happen everytime with this racetam.

#41 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 06:45 PM

Phenyl is an expensive Racetam that made me optimistically narcissistic...

This is a cognitive enhancer which actually made me really optimistically narcissistic. I'll explain what I mean by that a little later...

Vs Modafinil

While they are very different smart drugs, for me Phenylpiracetam is very similar to Modafinil...

• If you want to get so focused on complicated technical work, that even though you are working somewhere public, like a coffee shop, and your friends and maybe even attractive members of the opposite sex are very nearby, you don't look up from your computer for hours and hours... Phenylpiracetam.
  •  Like Modafinil, it's gold for complicated, logical problem solving, If your billable rate is over three figures hourly, you watched Star Trek growing up and you have a StackOverflow account, Phenylpiracetam is probably your kind of drug. It really let's you go deep into a wormhole of focus.
  •  Usually I need to listen to algorithmic music, audio programs or watch documentaries about WW2 while I work, but on Phenylpiracetam I was able to work for hours without audio infotainment.
  •  I hit new high scores in Lumosity frequently, especially in the math related games.
  •  Here's something that freaks me out a little; it does make you forget to eat, it also made me forget to go to the bathroom.

Mindfulness

Meditation is tricky while dosed on Phenyl. I upped the dosage to 1000 milligrams one day and I found meditation particularly challenging. When I was trying to put my mind into 'blue sky' mode, it just kept chasing thoughts or analyzing them instead of letting them pass and staying observational.

About the Optimistic Narcissism...

I did 500 milligrams normally and it always made me really positive about myself, which I think speaks to the potent antidepressant effects of the drug.

I started watching my own videos (there's a lot!) and feeling really good about what I'm doing...

Social Smart Drug?

Many report it as being an almost antisocial smart drug, for me the positive mindset it put me in offset this. I did socialize and practice pickup on it, which it's not great for... I actually stacked it with Phenibut, because I wanted to see if the positivity and focus of the Phenyl complimented the tranquility and playfulness of the Phenibut. Which it really didn't 

Cofactors

• ACh Precursor, for many Biohackers it's a good idea to supplement your choline intake simultaneous with dosing racetams. 
  • The CILTEP Stack and Racetams have synchronistic actions. Many biohackers report that it nicely compliments the 'social racetam' Aniracetam. Although the three together create an undesirable sensation.
  • Modafinil is actually my favorite thing to combine with Phenylpiracetam. The two together I do not find overstimulating or anxiety inducing but if I combined them not more than twice a week; the focus zone of relentless productivity they put me into is unequaledAnytime I wanted to have a crazy productive +10 hour day, what I would do was take the Modafinil first thing in the morning and in the mid afternoon after I had hit the top of the cognitive enhancement bell curve of the Modafinil I would take a few hundred milligrams of Phenyl. This didn't mess with the my sleep cycles so I would do it maybe once or twice a week.
  • Semax  in combination with  Phenylpiracetam  may make you scary smart. A Biohacker who thoroughly experimented with both reported: By the way, Phenotropil works wonders when I take it with Semax. Has anyone experienced that or it's just me?
  •  Semax and Selank are a highly renowned stack in elite Biohacker circles. Selank is the one Semax cofactor that is supported by the published scientific research. An American Biohacker reported I had stacked it with selank a few days back, and took a very small dose of ritalin (2.5mg), and went on the most productive 5 hours I had in the last year.

If I were going to shell out the cash for Phenyl, I would combine it with these two potent cofactors, and then I would invent faster than light travel.

Athletic Performance Enhancer

It's regarded as physical or athletic performance enhancer, I tried taking it a couple of times before going salsa dancing or taking lessons and I have nothing special to report, but it's hard to compare my past time of latin dancing to real athletics, it's mostly just an excuse to put my hands all over sweaty woman.

phenylpiracetam-peak-nootropics-50-14964

It's expensive...

This little 10 gram bag costs +$50, the recommended dosage is 350 - 500 milligrams, so that's not even that many doses that you get out of one bag. 10 grams of Piracetam costs less than a dollar and 10 grams of Noopept costs $25, so it's one of the more expensive white powders that you can spend your money on. See the Racetam dosage comparison infographic.

Vs Sleep Deprivation

Once upon a dawn, following a crazy (yet sober - for me!) night, I took Phenyl to combat the exhaustion, which it did a great job of for about 2 hours then the lack of sleep got the best of me, I got really unfocused and unproductive.

The taste is bad...
It has a reputation as one of the worst tasting smart drugs and Phenyl deserves it! It's a fine powder and it tastes like a eating a live tarantula!

Pharma Grade

Pharma-Grade300.png

It's become something of a victim of it's own success; because it's a none-patented molecule labs all over the world produce it and some Chinese and Indian labs, in a race to bottom, flood the market with very cheap, low quality stuff. This is why I only trust branded (like Phenotropilpharmaceutical grade or raw powdered Phenyl that has been evaluated with a spectroscopy to be >97% purity by an accredited lab in North America or Europe, which Peak Nootropics provides.

Bottom Line...

I don't think I'll reorder Phenylpiracetam because for me Modafinil (or even Aniracetam) had a pretty similar effect and doesn't taste as bad and are better values. Why would people would want to use it?

• For some people the optimistism promoting effect is much more pronounced and puts them into a very rare mindset that makes the challenges of life much more manageable.
  • Their work or studies depend upon their mathmatics ability.
  •  If you already take Modafinil and you want something to compliment it.
  • Or if Modafinil isn't copacetic with your unique neurobiology.
  •  They have $70 and want to throw an interesting new molecule at their brain chemistry.

Risk Grade: A-

Number of Clinical Trials: 6

• Phenylpiracetam is regarded amongst Biohackers as one of the best smart drugs, it's molecularly very similar Piracetam.
  •  It has a handful of clinical trials; a few of them recent, all of them Russian.
  •  Online you can find many veteran Biohackers highly praising it.
  •  One Biohacker took Phenylpiracetam for 3 months and reportedWhen I started phenylpiracetam I had some bad side effects from it. I tried two different online sellers of powdered phenylpiracetam (they are not the most popular sources, but they are still well known sources) , and after a few days of uses I would get a strange chest pain and difficulty sleeping. I almost discontinued my usage of this nootropic until I decided to use the original branded phenylpiracetam called Phenotropil. This is the one I have been using for the past three months and I haven't experienced any side effects from it.
  • Unfortunately, it doesn't deserve get a higher grade because of the relative lack of human clinical trials done specifically on Phenylpiracetam at labs and universities around the world.

Edited by jroseland, 03 November 2017 - 06:47 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#42 Kinesis

• 262 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 November 2017 - 03:06 AM

Thanks for the review, JR. Always appreciate your perspective.

FWIW I like phenylpiracetam, too. Although it doesn’t seem all that expensive ... at least since 100 mg is quite enough for me. ;-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users