Photo
- - - - -

Topical resveratrol question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bocor

• 119 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 05:59 PM

Hi all.I have a sports injury/muscle tear in the groin area but its not a hernia but wont heal in over 6 months and causes alot of radiating nerve pain into the testes etc....Would topical resveratrol with dmso penetrate through the skin and into the damaged muscle and speed healing possibly?Any other recommendations would be appreciated thx
Jeff
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#2 mikeinnaples

• 1,907 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:14 PM

Hi all.I have a sports injury/muscle tear in the groin area but its not a hernia but wont heal in over 6 months and causes alot of radiating nerve pain into the testes etc....Would topical resveratrol with dmso penetrate through the skin and into the damaged muscle and speed healing possibly?Any other recommendations would be appreciated thx
Jeff

I am not to sure I would be putting DMSO anywhere near my groin......

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 malbecman

• 733 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:10 PM

Bocor,

There are some questions about how far the resveratrol would penetrate. Most of it appears to be absorbed into the dermal layer, even w/ DMSO as the carrier. Take a look at the dermal absorption paper I just posted. Still, it can't hurt you and its worth a try, IMHO.....

Jeff

I am not to sure I would be putting DMSO anywhere near my groin......

#4 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 02:34 AM

There are some questions about how far the resveratrol would penetrate. Most of it appears to be absorbed into the dermal layer, even w/ DMSO as the carrier. Take a look at the dermal absorption paper I just posted. Still, it can't hurt you and its worth a try, IMHO.....

I don't know, I'm not sure I'd go as far as to say it can't hurt.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 VP.

• 498 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 04:41 AM

Jeff

I tried DMSO/Resveratrol for knee pain from a cycling injury for a few weeks and found it gave me no relief. About a month after stopping topical treatment it healed on it's own and I have had no problems since.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users