Photo
- - - - -

High Blood-Pressure

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 rapier

• 104 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 09:39 PM

I have always had normal BP. Even at 61 my last doctor's exam in April 2008 my bp was 110 over 78. My son may seem over weight at 5' 10" 200 but he does the weight lifting stuff and has the strength to go with the 200lbs. I am 6' and 230-240 with a stomach from food, not beer or sweets.

I eat healthy but a lot. I'd swear my bones are stone based because I don't look or feel 50 to 70 lbs overweight.

I can walk 3 miles in an hour, visit for 3 hours and walk home without any difficulty. I sweat profusely but I don't see that as a problem.

I take 3 or 4 R300 RevGentics Resveratrol capsules daily along with C, calcium, lecithin, Omega-3 and other supplements.

My son recently had one of those false alarm chest pain hospital visits. The doctor said it was a muscle problem and nothing to worry about. I'm sure it was stress related but nobody admits to worrying not even fathers expecting their first child July 28.

I've looked on the net for credible info but they are all selling something.

I also have the everyone knows better than dad to contend with.

I really need to get him a regimen to lower his BP. I have an unopened bottle of R300 Resveratrol 150 capsules to get things started.

Edited by rapier, 13 May 2008 - 09:42 PM.

#2 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 04:09 AM

Sounds like he's hypertensive. If he doesn't want to listen to his dad, would he listen to a doctor? I was hypertensive for a while, and a low dose of Diovan knocked it right out. No side effects that I was aware of. After a couple years, I lost some weight and got in better shape and now I don't seem to need any medication for bp. You're lucky that your bp is so good; you must have good genes. Your son sounds like maybe he has more normal genes. Probably wouldn't hurt for him to lose some weight, but that can be awfully tough. He should talk to his doc.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Chiggy

• 47 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 09:45 PM

If he was taking anabolics and or stimulants for his weight lifting, that could be causing his blood pressure problem.

Hmm, but that post does look like an Advert for Revgenetics.

Chiggy.

Edited by Chiggy, 21 May 2008 - 09:47 PM.

#4 shuffleup

• 160 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 11:38 PM

I have always had normal BP. Even at 61 my last doctor's exam in April 2008 my bp was 110 over 78. My son may seem over weight at 5' 10" 200 but he does the weight lifting stuff and has the strength to go with the 200lbs. I am 6' and 230-240 with a stomach from food, not beer or sweets.

I eat healthy but a lot. I'd swear my bones are stone based because I don't look or feel 50 to 70 lbs overweight.

I can walk 3 miles in an hour, visit for 3 hours and walk home without any difficulty. I sweat profusely but I don't see that as a problem.

I take 3 or 4 R300 RevGentics Resveratrol capsules daily along with C, calcium, lecithin, Omega-3 and other supplements.

My son recently had one of those false alarm chest pain hospital visits. The doctor said it was a muscle problem and nothing to worry about. I'm sure it was stress related but nobody admits to worrying not even fathers expecting their first child July 28.

I really need to get him a regimen to lower his BP. I have an unopened bottle of R300 Resveratrol 150 capsules to get things started.

Some things that I have done to reduce BP:

Low Carb ---> Lose weight & lower BP
Normalize Vit D. I take 6K iu's of oil based gelcap per day. This is after testing out on the low end of the Vit D blood test having taken 4K IU's for months.
6 g's arginine in the am
Vit C
Fish Oil might help some as well hard to determine if it impacted my BP but it is generally heart healthy
CoQ10

#5 senseix

• 250 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 11:57 PM

Some things that I have done to reduce BP:

Low Carb ---> Lose weight & lower BP
Normalize Vit D. I take 6K iu's of oil based gelcap per day. This is after testing out on the low end of the Vit D blood test having taken 4K IU's for months.
6 g's arginine in the am
Vit C
Fish Oil might help some as well hard to determine if it impacted my BP but it is generally heart healthy
CoQ10

I would have to agree thats a solid plan there, i do simliar and it worked great. I take 4g of Arginine tho.

#6 sUper GeNius

• 1,501 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 05:36 AM

2 cups a day of beat juice. Google it. Anyone know where to get cheap beat juice?

#7 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 10:24 AM

2 cups a day of beat juice. Google it. Anyone know where to get cheap beat juice?

Borhsch! You can buy it in some supermarkets, or make your own.

8 cups water
8 large beet (canned okay if you don't mind the sugar)
1/2 cup sugar (Optional)
1 medium onion, peeled and cut in half
1 tablespoon salt (to taste)
1/2 cup lemon juice (or juice of 4 fresh lemons) (or vinegar, 1tblspn)
6 small potato (I prefer red-skinned) (optional, or use Matzo balls instead)
sour cream (optional)

Directions

1 Boil water in stock pot.
2 prepare beets: Wash beets well, scrubbing away dirt and sand. Trim the root and stem ends and discard. Cut in large (2-3 inch) slices.
3 Add to water: beets, onion, lemon juice or vinegar, salt, and sugar.
4 Boil 1 hour, let beets cool and peel. (Warning: Beets will stain your hands red. Wear rubber gloves if this bothers you.)
5 Grate or Chop coarsely in food processor, and return to broth. Place pot in refrigerator until cold.
6 1/2 hour before serving: boil and peel potatoes, drain and place one in each serving bowl. Ladle cold borscht over hot potatoes and serve with sour cream on the side

Or skip the potatoes and drink cold

Edited by maxwatt, 22 May 2008 - 10:24 AM.

#8 rapier

• Topic Starter
  • 104 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 08:38 AM

Thanks everyone.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#9 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 09:16 PM

If he was taking anabolics and or stimulants for his weight lifting, that could be causing his blood pressure problem.

Hmm, but that post does look like an Advert for Revgenetics.

Chiggy.

Sorry, I don't allow "marketing" by impersonating fake "satisfied" or "happy" people.

If someone posts something like this, it simply is a good thing for resveratrol.
Whether you get it from us or another company with U.S. tested trans-resveratrol, this news should apply.

A

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users